Author Topic: Day 2  (Read 1196 times)

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Day 2
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 01:45:00 PM »
Quote from: hockeydude
Yesterday was first day without chew in 24 years. I have all of same issues of always going to quit but never finding right time. Yesterday I woke up and decided I was not going to have one. I still have a half full can and I figure if I can quit with that available it will stick. I think several attempts to quit in the past were hindered by not having it available and then semi-consciously buying and dipping before I knew what was going on. I have found thinking about the habit abstractly, like non-chewers see it, seems to help. It s ridiculous. I will say the first days of irritability, fog, and anxiousness are the real deal. I feel like I am in the fog after waking up from a NyQuil coma. I am not sharp and conversations are difficult. I am destroying boxes of lemon heads until smokey mountain order comes. Thanks for all the support I have received since joining.
Open can.

Dump in the shitter.

Flush.

Trophy cans are for the weak. Trophy cans are the work of the Nic Bitch. That's her still holding on to you. Break Free. Give her a huge 'Finger' by dumping it all.
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline hockeydude

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-21
  • Likes Given: 0
Day 2
« on: September 22, 2014, 01:30:00 PM »
Yesterday was first day without chew in 24 years. I have all of same issues of always going to quit but never finding right time. Yesterday I woke up and decided I was not going to have one. I still have a half full can and I figure if I can quit with that available it will stick. I think several attempts to quit in the past were hindered by not having it available and then semi-consciously buying and dipping before I knew what was going on. I have found thinking about the habit abstractly, like non-chewers see it, seems to help. It s ridiculous. I will say the first days of irritability, fog, and anxiousness are the real deal. I feel like I am in the fog after waking up from a NyQuil coma. I am not sharp and conversations are difficult. I am destroying boxes of lemon heads until smokey mountain order comes. Thanks for all the support I have received since joining.