Author Topic: Hello from Canada  (Read 1966 times)

Offline Keja

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-23
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hello from Canada
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2015, 10:52:00 PM »
Quote from: KingNothing
Quote from: Keja
Thank you, all. I appreciate the feedback.

I believe my biggest test so far will be a 5 hour drive back to my home town on Wednesday. I've made this trip a lot the past four years being in University but now it'll be different.
Is it against the law to text and drive in Canada? If not PM your digits and I'll make sure you don't dip on Wednesday. Even if I have to send you hairy ball pics, it's better than you caving to a stupid weed. You have support now brother, USE IT!
It is against the law in Canada to text and drive. With a pretty hefty fine if caught.

I'll still check the forums here during driving breaks.

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2015, 10:48:00 PM »

I believe my biggest test so far will be a 5 hour drive back to my home town on Wednesday. I've made this trip a lot the past four years being in University but now it'll be different.
Is it against the law to text and drive in Canada? If not PM your digits and I'll make sure you don't dip on Wednesday. Even if I have to send you hairy ball pics, it's better than you caving to a stupid weed. You have support now brother, USE IT!
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Keja

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2015, 10:32:00 PM »

Offline Kize

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-13
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2015, 08:56:00 PM »
Kent,
Hang in there! I'm a new quitter too and drive a lot for my job so I am also used to dipping most of the day. So far I'm sucking on cough drops throughout the day. They're fairly cheap and are helping the sore throat. A tin here in Ohio is just over $3! Which sadly makes it too easy to afford. I wish it was $25 a tin here maybe it would prevent a lot of people from getting hooked.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2015, 03:32:00 PM »
Quote from: Johnt965
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: quark
I want to stop this awful habit before it spins out of control and consumes my life any more.

Also, being from Canada, as many of you may know a tin is around $23...

I would also like to say congratulations to those of have quit dipping after years and years and years of partaking in the habit.
Every advertiser dreams of getting someone to spend $23/ tin for a 'habit'. That's not going to happen. You are messing with an addiction. 2-3 years sounds way too damn long to be spending $23/ tin to feed an addiction. Get your vocabulary straight. Then stay quit.
My apologies. I realize that it is an addiction. It was a wrong choice of words on my part.
$23 per tin. Damn.

Man you are in the right place. Glad you found us. One day at a time.
For a while I was getting dip in the States, where it is obviously cheaper.

I wasn't going through a tin everyday. I would go through a tin every 4-6 days I would say. Now that my province is banning smokeless tobacco products in 2016 it would be a good time to quit now before I start resorting to buying dip in the States again.
I was in business in Toronto last year and I bought two tins. I almost flipped out when it came to nearly $50! The sad thing is, I bought it anyway because really I had no choice. There was no way I was going to go without... The ridiculously high $7.50 per tin here in MN looked great in comparison.

Glad you're hear. Quit now and never turn back!
One thing I see missing it seems to me is lack of confidence. Don't think you can do this, know that you can do this. No one's making you dip but you. The only that can cause you to fail is you. The only one that can make this happen is you! Quit on my friend! Balls in your court and you definitely control your on destiny and no one can quit for you!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2015, 12:03:00 AM »
I'm glad I stumbled upon KTC. I've tried to quit numerous times but I feel a lot more motivated now that I've registered here.
This place will work wonders if you let it. Trust the process and stick with it bro.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Keja

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2015, 11:23:00 PM »
I'm glad I stumbled upon KTC. I've tried to quit numerous times but I feel a lot more motivated now that I've registered here.

Offline Johnt965

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-30
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2015, 09:42:00 PM »
I want to stop this awful habit before it spins out of control and consumes my life any more.

I would also like to say congratulations to those of have quit dipping after years and years and years of partaking in the habit.
Every advertiser dreams of getting someone to spend $23/ tin for a 'habit'. That's not going to happen. You are messing with an addiction. 2-3 years sounds way too damn long to be spending $23/ tin to feed an addiction. Get your vocabulary straight. Then stay quit.
My apologies. I realize that it is an addiction. It was a wrong choice of words on my part.
$23 per tin. Damn.

I wasn't going through a tin everyday. I would go through a tin every 4-6 days I would say. Now that my province is banning smokeless tobacco products in 2016 it would be a good time to quit now before I start resorting to buying dip in the States again.
I was in business in Toronto last year and I bought two tins. I almost flipped out when it came to nearly $50! The sad thing is, I bought it anyway because really I had no choice. There was no way I was going to go without... The ridiculously high $7.50 per tin here in MN looked great in comparison.

Glad you're hear. Quit now and never turn back!

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2015, 05:41:00 PM »
You are making a great choice one day at a time. Glad you are here. Quitting alone is hopeless. Quitting as a team, one day at s time, is the key. Keep kicking ass, Canada!

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 08:48:00 PM »
Welcome aboard keja. Please understand. ..it will never be easier to quit than it is right now. You can do this.

Offline Keja

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2015, 08:31:00 PM »

$23 per tin. Damn.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2015, 08:27:00 PM »

$23 per tin. Damn.

Offline Keja

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2015, 07:52:00 PM »

Offline quark

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-23
  • Interests: Biking, swimming, running, reading
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2015, 05:13:00 PM »

Offline Keja

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 01:53:00 PM »
Quote from: Smeds
Like others have said, you're damn smart to even consider kicking this shit to the curb so early on. Wish I was as smart as you, but it took me 32+ years of dickheadedness. Welcome to the nut house, my friend.

Why do Canadians say, "eh"? Because it sounds so much fucking smarter than, "huh?". (I live pretty close to the border) 'na na'
Thanks for the warm welcome, folks.

And I have no clue why Canadians say 'eh'. I know that I say it sometimes without even noticing haha. I would say that people in more rural areas of Canada say 'eh' just like people in rural areas of the southern United States say 'y'all'. Just a guess.