Author Topic: I quit  (Read 8619 times)

Offline 2mch2lv4

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: I quit
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2014, 02:56:00 PM »
Pulling up dusty intros seems to be the trend these days so here's mine.

I quit smoking on July 7, 2012...almost 2 years ago. Without the accountability and brotherhood I found at KTC, I would not be nic free today. I'm not free because of the website KTC, I am free because of posting my promise EVERY DAMN DAY and the friendships I've formed with good people who hold me to my word!

I am free because of Bruce. I am free because of Vadge. I am free because of Racetrackcowgirl, Applejack, Mich34, BigBrotherJack, Sox2012, Winter Green, SamCat, Cbird, Chewie, CDaniels, Union34, Cmark, Newcal,Mj, Pinched, LionHeartedGirl, D2Maine, Mookie, DennyX, SirDerek, Diesel, Dr Jones, TeachTy, Ffmoofus, FranPro, Greg5280, GrizzlyHasClaws, Hipster, Iizphilister, Instigator, Evil_Won, JayDubya, Jbradley, Jlud007, Knockout, Sixer, DocSardonic, Luby, Keddy, Kdip, Lancesd, Arfy, MrsCDaniels, LCWB, Marcusaurelius, Mthomas, Wedge, CoopBeansMom, MCSLB, Roamcountry, Amgdenny, DiplessinJax, Mcarmo, Suds, Mn_Ben, Bronc, Aglawyer, Dave1903, P23, Tarpon, Penguin, Ziesmer, Rocketman, ItsGotToHappen, Sage, Sporticus, Sportsfan, Hoffie, ToeTag, 4String, Syndrome, Timeless, Trauma, Yemtig, Raider, Conbud, Bigwhitebeast, L00T, SpartanRon, Boelker64, Mogul, 30yearaddict, Divine, Jag, Eric, Ensor, Bobertd, J2B, kkljinc, Seth, Slug, Nicald, ALL of Oct '12, ALL of May '11, ALL the CHAT LOCALS, and anyone that has held me accountable and strengthened my quit.

All of these people are KTC to me, they are my quit! Not 'Admin', not the 'Mod Team', but the individuals that were there for me and will continue to be there for me to battle the storm. I will continue to post roll here at KTC as long as KTC will have me and I continue to be supported. I am, however, turning in my 'color' as a chat moderator. I was asked to be a chat mod just over a year ago. I was not going to accept but then I was told the reason I was being chosen. We had an increase in female quitters joining KTC and utilizing chat. I hang out there a lot and am always helpful with new quitters. I love me some sister quit and agreed to be there for the ladies. I don't regret my time at all. I feel privileged to have been considered an asset to our community. I now feel it's time to turn in my chat cop badge and be the best quitter I can. I feel it is important for me to continue to stay close with my quit brothers here and at the super new house of quit that my friend L00T built. For that reason I feel it a conflict of interest to continue as a Chat Moderator at KTC. I love all of my quit family! My decision changes nothing as far as I'm concerned. I'm still "The Queen of Quit" I just won't be able to crack the whip in chat anymore 'winker'
If you need to contact me and cannot reach me via PM, feel free to ask any of the above mentioned quitters for my contact info. QUIT ON!!

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2014, 11:50:00 AM »
How's the view? Congrats on your accomplishment.

Offline bronc

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 3/14/14
  • Interests: Rodeo, Hunting, Raising my daughter, Cooking and entertaining
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2014, 11:17:00 AM »
Quote from: yemtig
Congrats 224!! Just wanted to say that is quite the accomplishment and reading through your whole intro, I have a whole new respect for you and what you have done here... QLF girl! You are one badass quitter!
XOXOXOXOX !!!!!!!!

Offline yemtig

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting, Camping.. You name it.. Somewhere out in the woods
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2014, 02:14:00 AM »
Congrats 224!! Just wanted to say that is quite the accomplishment and reading through your whole intro, I have a whole new respect for you and what you have done here... QLF girl! You are one badass quitter!

Offline 2mch2lv4

• Quit Pro
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2014, 12:25:00 AM »
Thanks guys! Your support and friendship means everything to this quit of mine!! Onward to the next milestone.

:wub:

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2014, 11:58:00 PM »
Congrats! Stick around some more!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Sh4string

• Quitter
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/21/2013
  • Interests: Family, Hunting, fishing, outdoors, triathlon
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2014, 09:21:00 AM »
Congrats Cindy on 700!!! You are a good friend and big support of my quit! Have a wonderful day!!

Dave
Quitting every damn day since October 21, 2013

Offline Knockout

• Quitter
  • Interests: EDM, Tattoos, Piercings, Rock Climbing, Football (mostly NFL), concerts, the beach.
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2014, 08:46:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Congrats Cindy :wub:
Nice number there QoQ. Congrats on 7 floors of pure awesome.
Obsessed with the ghey

QD 01/10/14

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2014, 08:20:00 PM »
Congrats Cindy :wub:
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2014, 05:41:00 PM »
Quote from: Doc
699 is a freaking awesome number 224! Stepping up to the 7th floor tomorrow...CONGRATS!
Not bad for a chick ;)
She is one of the strongest and most solid quitters we have here, be it male/female, young/old, eastern/western USA.....

just-a-keep-on-climbing, one day at a time making that one floor at a time.

WTG sis.

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2014, 01:05:00 PM »
699 is a freaking awesome number 224! Stepping up to the 7th floor tomorrow...CONGRATS!
Not bad for a chick ;)
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline 2mch2lv4

• Quit Pro
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2014, 04:29:00 PM »
'Popcorn'

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2013, 09:40:00 AM »
Quote from: 2mch2lv4
Quote from: Punkin
Quote from: Roamcountry
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Quote from: Evil_Won
I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF YOUR ADVICE!!

After work today I caught my 17 year old son with a dip in his lip. I asked him if that was what I thought it was. He hung is head and said yes. I walked back into the house. I have not said anything else to him yet. I've already printed up Outdoor Texans story as well as Sean Marsee's accompanied by photos of them both. I have yet to give them to him.

My kids know everything about my quit. They preached at me for years to quit smoking and were so proud of me when I finally did in July 2012. They saw how hard it was and I even share with them on days that I have craves. I've let them know that I will always be an addict and I am the only one to blame. I was young and stupid and never should have taken that first drag.

I had hoped they would learn by my mistakes and not battle this horrible addiction themselves. Some of you know that my 19 year old daughter picked up smoking a while back and finally pulled her head out of her ass and quit a couple months ago. NOW THIS! Besides beating the shit out of him, please give opinion/advice. I'm in need of guidance here. His father was a dipper for many years and is now a smoker. I honestly feel like I'm alone on this one.
I was going to say kick his ass several times but you did say "besides" so I agree with printing the horror stories of real life consequences. You also have a few quitters in your phone book and I bet more than a few would be willing to talk to him. Sorry you have to deal with this.
I am so sorry 2mch. That is horrible news :(

I have 9 and 7 year old boys and it is my mission in life to protect them from the evils of addiction. Despite our best efforts and intentions these kids have their own free will. You can express your sincere and loving concern to him. You can share the knowledge you have acquired. You can tell him how damn stupid he is being. But no matter what, it is his choice and you cannot control him. Just be there for him, nag him to death, don't let up on the fear factor pics, stories, etc. Tell his doctor and dentist. Tell him what he will pay for health insurance and life insurance. Tell him how addictive it is. Tell him to quit while he can, because there will come a day when he will want to quit but cannot.

You know what to do and it is more important than most of the things mentioned above. Stay quit, and let your personal freedom from nicotine be the example for him to follow.

If you need to anything, do not hesitate. I will talk to your son anytime. I am sure that any of these guys would.
Just show him the pics and hope it does some good. At that age i was told many times about cancer. But i was bulletproof. Bottom line is punish gim because he IS under age. But as far as quitting. Hopwfully he learns before its too late. He has to be ready and want it.
I started way young and nobody could convince me that it was dangerous. I was bulletproof. Hopefully hes not as hardheaded as I was and he will listen to his old man and quit
Well, thank you to all that reached out with advice and/or concern via posts, texts and/or Facebook messages. You guys are really the greatest bunch of strangers and I'm so very glad to have you in my corner.
I spoke to my son calmly and with much love and concern. I let him know that as a minor I would not allow him to use nicotine while he lives in my home. We talked about all the stuff he already knows about why its bad for him. Most importantly, I listened to him. He handed over 3 cans (along with the keys to his pick up) and he watched me flush the bitch down the toilet.
I know I can't make him quit but what kind of parent would I be if I allowed him to use? Hopefully he will not continue behind my back. He had been using for about 8 months. He told me he even used while in class most of the time. I work at his high school so he now knows he may get a surprise visit from me occasionally just to make sure he's not dipping.
My feet are firmly planted and my quit is stronger than ever. I will continue to lead by example and keep my support close. If I catch him again, Curtis (OutDoorTexan) just might get a plane ticket to California to show my son face to face that he shouldn't test the nic bitch and underestimate what she is capable of.

Love you all!
I wish I was as lucky as that boy. Unfortunately my parents condoned my nasty addiction. You have a plethora of men on here that would be more than happy to discuss with your young man just how much that little weed can control your life.

Best of luck in dealing with this and it is great to hear that you caught it early and are taking it head on.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline 2mch2lv4

• Quit Pro
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2013, 12:43:00 AM »
Quote from: Punkin

After work today I caught my 17 year old son with a dip in his lip. I asked him if that was what I thought it was. He hung is head and said yes. I walked back into the house. I have not said anything else to him yet. I've already printed up Outdoor Texans story as well as Sean Marsee's accompanied by photos of them both. I have yet to give them to him.

My kids know everything about my quit. They preached at me for years to quit smoking and were so proud of me when I finally did in July 2012. They saw how hard it was and I even share with them on days that I have craves. I've let them know that I will always be an addict and I am the only one to blame. I was young and stupid and never should have taken that first drag.

I had hoped they would learn by my mistakes and not battle this horrible addiction themselves. Some of you know that my 19 year old daughter picked up smoking a while back and finally pulled her head out of her ass and quit a couple months ago. NOW THIS! Besides beating the shit out of him, please give opinion/advice. I'm in need of guidance here. His father was a dipper for many years and is now a smoker. I honestly feel like I'm alone on this one.
I was going to say kick his ass several times but you did say "besides" so I agree with printing the horror stories of real life consequences. You also have a few quitters in your phone book and I bet more than a few would be willing to talk to him. Sorry you have to deal with this.

I have 9 and 7 year old boys and it is my mission in life to protect them from the evils of addiction. Despite our best efforts and intentions these kids have their own free will. You can express your sincere and loving concern to him. You can share the knowledge you have acquired. You can tell him how damn stupid he is being. But no matter what, it is his choice and you cannot control him. Just be there for him, nag him to death, don't let up on the fear factor pics, stories, etc. Tell his doctor and dentist. Tell him what he will pay for health insurance and life insurance. Tell him how addictive it is. Tell him to quit while he can, because there will come a day when he will want to quit but cannot.

You know what to do and it is more important than most of the things mentioned above. Stay quit, and let your personal freedom from nicotine be the example for him to follow.

If you need to anything, do not hesitate. I will talk to your son anytime. I am sure that any of these guys would.
Just show him the pics and hope it does some good. At that age i was told many times about cancer. But i was bulletproof. Bottom line is punish gim because he IS under age. But as far as quitting. Hopwfully he learns before its too late. He has to be ready and want it.
I started way young and nobody could convince me that it was dangerous. I was bulletproof. Hopefully hes not as hardheaded as I was and he will listen to his old man and quit
Well, thank you to all that reached out with advice and/or concern via posts, texts and/or Facebook messages. You guys are really the greatest bunch of strangers and I'm so very glad to have you in my corner.
I spoke to my son calmly and with much love and concern. I let him know that as a minor I would not allow him to use nicotine while he lives in my home. We talked about all the stuff he already knows about why its bad for him. Most importantly, I listened to him. He handed over 3 cans (along with the keys to his pick up) and he watched me flush the bitch down the toilet.
I know I can't make him quit but what kind of parent would I be if I allowed him to use? Hopefully he will not continue behind my back. He had been using for about 8 months. He told me he even used while in class most of the time. I work at his high school so he now knows he may get a surprise visit from me occasionally just to make sure he's not dipping.
My feet are firmly planted and my quit is stronger than ever. I will continue to lead by example and keep my support close. If I catch him again, Curtis (OutDoorTexan) just might get a plane ticket to California to show my son face to face that he shouldn't test the nic bitch and underestimate what she is capable of.

Love you all!

Offline Punkin

• Quitter
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2013, 10:06:00 PM »

EMBRACE THE SUCK

If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

Are you gonna quit dipping, or are you gonna slide your tampon in?