Offline auburn

• Quitter
    • www.porksword.com
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I quit
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2012, 07:49:00 PM »
Quote from: 2mch2lv4
Quote from: lhelms12
2mch...I honestly don't really care what you use, but I am glad to be quit with you!  Congratulations on your decision!
I just wanted to add a little to my introduction....

I joined this site on Tuesday, only a few days ago. Since then, I have had personal messages from several people wanting to help me stay quit! This is unreal!! I was out of town for the day yesterday... Long drive, 4 teenagers, lots of rude tourists, and a husband that smokes. Should have and very well could have caused me to CHOOSE to cave. Thanks to my new QF's (quitter friends), I am still QUIT!
You guys are so great... keep doing what you do! You're saving/changing lives with your support :)
Thanks Wedgie, SamCat, DennyX, Bruce317 for the text messages... and the rest of y'all for the PM's. I am truely proud to be quit with all of you!!

Cindy
Welcome to the site! PM sent. Stay quit at all costs :-)

Auburn

Offline DennyX

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: BD: 1978my family, fishing, outdoors
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2012, 12:52:00 AM »
Quote from: Kubrick
Quote from: Zam
Quote from: Wedgie
2mch...I honestly don't really care what you use, but I am glad to be quit with you!  Congratulations on your decision!

I joined this site on Tuesday, only a few days ago. Since then, I have had personal messages from several people wanting to help me stay quit! This is unreal!! I was out of town for the day yesterday... Long drive, 4 teenagers, lots of rude tourists, and a husband that smokes. Should have and very well could have caused me to CHOOSE to cave. Thanks to my new QF's (quitter friends), I am still QUIT!
You guys are so great... keep doing what you do! You're saving/changing lives with your support :)
Thanks Wedgie, SamCat, DennyX, Bruce317 for the text messages... and the rest of y'all for the PM's. I am truely proud to be quit with all of you!!

Cindy
Get hubby in here.
If hubby don't want to be here, he won't stay. Best thing to do is YOU, Cindy, stay quit. Do not waver. The confidence and control you gain from winning every day will become obvious to all around you, and do more to get him here than any nag ever will. JMHO

Keep up the quit Cindy. Nice job.
Addicts will quit when they want to quit, not when someone else wants them to quit. So good on you 2mch!

I hope hubby understands and respects your decision and doesn't try to tempt you because that just a dick move.
I think she gets it - even capitalized the key part : CHOOSE.

When we realize that we have a CHOICE to use nicotine or not, the world opens up. It isn't the world we thought we lived in, we didn't know that we had a choice. We did t know there was a place we could go where there are thousands of others that CHOOSE every single day to not use nicotine. Man I love this place, and I love quitters like Cindy. You know it's going to be a bitch. You know it's going to really suck sometimes. For a while, suck more than not. But you choose to simply do something else. Super proud of you Cindy, glad to be quit alongside you!

Offline Kubrick

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/24/2012
  • Interests: Guiar, bass guitar, Flyfishing, shooting, photography
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 02:37:00 PM »
Quote from: Zam

Cindy
Get hubby in here.
If hubby don't want to be here, he won't stay. Best thing to do is YOU, Cindy, stay quit. Do not waver. The confidence and control you gain from winning every day will become obvious to all around you, and do more to get him here than any nag ever will. JMHO

Addicts will quit when they want to quit, not when someone else wants them to quit. So good on you 2mch!

I hope hubby understands and respects your decision and doesn't try to tempt you because that just a dick move.
Quit date 03/24/2012
HOF date 07/01/2012

"The only regret I ever see on this site is from those who fail..." - Sac

My Intro

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 01:08:00 PM »

Cindy
Get hubby in here.

*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 12:23:00 PM »

Cindy
Hey,

good going for staying strong. It should feel good as you face a moment of caving and laugh at it, punch it in the face and move on.

Offline Wedge

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 12:22:00 PM »

Cindy
Get hubby in here.

Offline 2mch2lv4

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 12:08:00 PM »

Cindy

Offline lhelms12

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Football
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 09:47:00 PM »
2mch...I honestly don't really care what you use, but I am glad to be quit with you! Congratulations on your decision!
Can't is the cancer of happening.

Quit Date - 05/13/2012 5:30PM

Offline 2mch2lv4

• Quit Pro
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 11:41:00 PM »
Thanks... That same advice was given to me earlier today. Since the other site is still pretty new, it was recommended that I join both... So I did. An addict is an addict, right? I need all the support I can get.

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 11:36:00 PM »
2mch... you did use smokeless tobacco correct?
No... Cigarettes
we do have a few smokers on here. While most of are recovering dip users, many of us were "dual use". The site works for anyone addicted to nicotine. We also have a sister site dedicated exclusively to smoking: http://forum.whackthepack.com/index/ You are welcome to stay here, try whack the pack, or even use both sites.

Offline 2mch2lv4

• Quit Pro
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 10:57:00 PM »
No... Cigarettes

Offline lhelms12

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Football
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 09:34:00 PM »
Can't is the cancer of happening.

Quit Date - 05/13/2012 5:30PM

Offline 2mch2lv4

• Quit Pro
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 04:24:00 PM »
I'll try to figure out the roll call thing... give me time with that.
I have been a smoker for close to 20 years. Young and stupid, started at 16 -peer pressure! I expect now that I'm older and wiser, peer pressure can help me stay quit. It just makes sense.
I have 4 teenagers (YIKES!!) and a husband that smokes.... It will not be an easy road! Glad to have support from folks who know how difficult it is.

Offline 27years too long

• Interests: my family,gym, tennis, reading, bike riding,
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 03:58:00 PM »
Quote from: Radman
Quote from: 30isEnuff,Jul
Welcome 2mch2lv4,
You've made a very serious choice! Are you ready to fight for YOUR life? Head over to the Welcome CENTER
read everything.
I messed up my first 7 posts of roll...we all do. you'll get it perfect, just like your quit.
These are real men here, with real desire to see you quit. You cannot buy this kind of help and support.
I am a newbie here day 47, but would have never gotten this far alone. It is really so simple that it is stupid!
The rules: no nic of ANY kind. No cigars, patches or pussy gum. We do it the right way here. No pussies here.
get up in the a.m. post roll, the ealier the better (for you).
posting roll is telling me you're not gonna dip today.
so, keep your word for the day. you can do anything for 1 day...right?!?
make it to bed that night anyway you can, drinking water, running 20 miles, candy, cinnomin gum, sunflower seeds, etc...
get up in the morning, post roll, ..........
^^^^ Well said. ^^^^

Welcome, 2mch2lv4! Follow the advice of those posting here. Keep in mind that you should take what you need from this site and leave the rest. Quit. That is the main thing here, and there is plenty of support for it.

Quit.
Post.
Honor your word.
Repeat.
Reach out if you need help. Anybody on this site will help you. Period.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 03:54:00 PM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Welcome 2mch2lv4,
You've made a very serious choice! Are you ready to fight for YOUR life? Head over to the Welcome CENTER
read everything.
I messed up my first 7 posts of roll...we all do. you'll get it perfect, just like your quit.
These are real men here, with real desire to see you quit. You cannot buy this kind of help and support.
I am a newbie here day 47, but would have never gotten this far alone. It is really so simple that it is stupid!
The rules: no nic of ANY kind. No cigars, patches or pussy gum. We do it the right way here. No pussies here.
get up in the a.m. post roll, the ealier the better (for you).
posting roll is telling me you're not gonna dip today.
so, keep your word for the day. you can do anything for 1 day...right?!?
make it to bed that night anyway you can, drinking water, running 20 miles, candy, cinnomin gum, sunflower seeds, etc...
get up in the morning, post roll, ..........
^^^^ Well said. ^^^^

Welcome, 2mch2lv4! Follow the advice of those posting here. Keep in mind that you should take what you need from this site and leave the rest. Quit. That is the main thing here, and there is plenty of support for it.

Quit.
Post.
Honor your word.
Repeat.
Reach out if you need help. Anybody on this site will help you. Period.