Author Topic: Day 2.....Bring on the pain!  (Read 2851 times)

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Day 2.....Bring on the pain!
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 10:36:00 PM »
Quote from: Dante
Sir,

1) Welcome to the best day of your life. Glad you are here!

2) You never have to go through the first three days ever again, BUT I'm afraid that you do not see this. I see caver in your future. Here's why...
Quote from: Ifritiri
...long journey of quitting one of my most cherished past times...

...The fact is that I do not WANT to quit...

...all good things must come to an end...
You have not made the mental switch from nicotine is FUN to nicotine is an evil DRUG... which you are addicted to, and is full of poison and will eventually give you cancer and lead to your untimely death.

3) All you have to do is post roll, swear off nicotine for today, and honor your promise to yourself and us. Your word is worth something right? Do that...and I will proudly quit right alongside you...everyday. I want you to succeed. PM me if you need anything.
...Doin' this one for me.
Really? Show us...it's your move. Only you can prove my prediction wrong...
Read this over fritter. Dante knows quit and he has doubts about your battle. You need to educate yourself.

And is your brother posting roll still? Get his ass in here.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 08:23:00 PM »
When I quit, i was soooo ready. Are you? Is this you?

http://www.killthecan.org/robs/ilikechewing.asp

I, like others, see weakness in your desire to quit. I think you should take an inventory of your self. I am available to chat about this if you wish.

Offline LLCope

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 08:18:00 PM »
IF,

Welcome. We are about saving lives here and we are interested in seeing your life saved too. I am glad your brother is a quitter and I am glad you are taking his advice and saving your own life.

Nicotine is a beast and it kills (KNOW THIS)!

First, change your mindset and realize that you are not in control, the nicotine is and this addiction will truly kill you if you allow it to--you are an addict.

Second, PLEASE post roll with October and kick this addiction in the ass by promising not to use each day!

PM me if you need anything-
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without" HD Thoreau

Offline dante

• Quit Pro
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 07:27:00 PM »
Sir,

1) Welcome to the best day of your life. Glad you are here!

2) You never have to go through the first three days ever again, BUT I'm afraid that you do not see this. I see caver in your future. Here's why...
...long journey of quitting one of my most cherished past times...

...The fact is that I do not WANT to quit...

...all good things must come to an end...
You have not made the mental switch from nicotine is FUN to nicotine is an evil DRUG... which you are addicted to, and is full of poison and will eventually give you cancer and lead to your untimely death.

3) All you have to do is post roll, swear off nicotine for today, and honor your promise to yourself and us. Your word is worth something right? Do that...and I will proudly quit right alongside you...everyday. I want you to succeed. PM me if you need anything.
...Doin' this one for me.
Really? Show us...it's your move. Only you can prove my prediction wrong...
Quit Date: May 10, 2011

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 07:15:00 PM »
fritter do you hate tobacco? have you had control of your life the past few years?

Offline Ifritiri

• www.facebook.com
Day 2.....Bring on the pain!
« on: July 12, 2011, 06:47:00 PM »
Well, here I am, going balls deep into day two of the hardest decision of my young life. Through the constant pressure of my oldest brother Zach (KTC Member), I finally gave in and decided to go on the long journey of quitting one of my most cherished past times.

The fact is that I do not WANT to quit, but, of course I need to. Granted I have only been dipping for 4 years, that can to can and a half a day was a sure fire way to mellow me out through whatever I was going through i.e. boring job, being broke, my NY Giants blowing it.

But, as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end. So here I am, Day 2, and getting ready for the long haul. I know in the end my jaw will thank me, and so will my wallet.

Doin' this one for me.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, " If I die, you are forgiven. If I live, I will kill you". Such is the rule of honor.