Author Topic: Hey yall  (Read 1688 times)

Offline Droptine

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, FIshing, Woodworking, Boatbuilding,
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hey yall
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2010, 05:04:00 PM »
Hooch is pretty good and shipps fast as hell... only took two days to get my last order. I prefer Smokey Mountain wintergreen only because it seems to last longer.... hooch has a much more "realistic" texture and packs more like dip.
Sick 'em on a Chicken.....

Offline DoneDippingDenny

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2010, 01:46:00 PM »
I totally agree with Greg5280. Hooch is the better of all of the fakes in my opinion.
Stay Alive! Stay Quit!!!

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2010, 12:46:00 PM »
Quote from: Outdoorsman88
So I just picked up a can of hooch mint and a can of mint snuff. Haven't tried the mint snuff yet, but the hooch, I think, is pretty dang good. It works decently enough on the cravings and tastes pretty good too. Thanks guys for all your input. And the only store near me that has it is about a 30 minutes drive away, so I can't see me going very long on the fake stuff either haha.
I used the fake stuff quite a bit early in my quit. I would suggest if you are taking this approach to your quit that you have a can with you at all times. I kept one in my briefcase, truck, golf bag, etc. It is a dangerous game to be driving around looking for fake when there is real shit everywhere.

Offline Outdoorsman88

• Quitter
  • Interests: fishing, guns, backpacking, camping, rock climbing, being QUIT
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2010, 03:32:00 PM »
So I just picked up a can of hooch mint and a can of mint snuff. Haven't tried the mint snuff yet, but the hooch, I think, is pretty dang good. It works decently enough on the cravings and tastes pretty good too. Thanks guys for all your input. And the only store near me that has it is about a 30 minutes drive away, so I can't see me going very long on the fake stuff either haha.
QD- 7/21/10

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?"

Offline tberge3

• Quitter
    • www.facebook.com
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2010, 12:01:00 AM »
Quote from: kb81
Thanks for the input lost.  So cravings are a bitch and I just got back from driving around town for about an hour and a half looking for that fake dip stuff and can't find it anywhere!  Any ideas where I can get this stuff at??
www.hoochsnuff.com

In my opinion, and yes, I have tried them all, is hooch snuff is the BEST out there and is the closest to the real deal. Some people don't like Hooch, but I think it's fabulous. I don't use it anymore, but was a GREAT tool for my first 60 days or so. One day you will wake up and won't want it anymore. Keep up the quit...you can do this...we've all been where you are at. Trust me...when I say WE ALL have been there, we have. Oh, and I'm quit w/ you today at day 93.
I agree, hooch is the best i've tried. just order some and it only took 4 days to get here from the postal service.

Offline kb81

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 11:29:00 PM »
Thanks for the input lost. So cravings are a bitch and I just got back from driving around town for about an hour and a half looking for that fake dip stuff and can't find it anywhere! Any ideas where I can get this stuff at??
www.hoochsnuff.com

In my opinion, and yes, I have tried them all, is hooch snuff is the BEST out there and is the closest to the real deal. Some people don't like Hooch, but I think it's fabulous. I don't use it anymore, but was a GREAT tool for my first 60 days or so. One day you will wake up and won't want it anymore. Keep up the quit...you can do this...we've all been where you are at. Trust me...when I say WE ALL have been there, we have. Oh, and I'm quit w/ you today at day 93.
( . )( . )

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 10:50:00 PM »
Quote from: Lost
Thanks for all the support guys! I just have a question for yall: did any of you actually lose your appetite those first few days after you quit? It's the damnedest thing, but for the past three days my appetite has drastically declined and I sometimes feel nauseous after eating even the littlest bit. And my energy to do almost anything is completely drained out. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I lost my appetite for the 1st 2 days of the quit. It has come back. As far as the energy thing goes, it sounds pretty normal. I've been laggin' since I quit. As far as I have read that will go away too.
You are going to go through some wierd stuff. Your body is healing itself and that will not happen in a couple of days.

Wake up each day, post your promise and keep your word. It will get easier as you go.

Stay quit

Offline Sloppytaters

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 09:26:00 PM »
Only place i know that sells the Mint Snuff is Meijer Gas stations. Around my area anyways. luckily im the only one that buys them so i have my pick of 4 disgusting flavors lol

Offline Outdoorsman88

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 09:11:00 PM »
Thanks for the input lost. So cravings are a bitch and I just got back from driving around town for about an hour and a half looking for that fake dip stuff and can't find it anywhere! Any ideas where I can get this stuff at??
QD- 7/21/10

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?"

Offline Lost

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 06:33:00 PM »
Thanks for all the support guys! I just have a question for yall: did any of you actually lose your appetite those first few days after you quit? It's the damnedest thing, but for the past three days my appetite has drastically declined and I sometimes feel nauseous after eating even the littlest bit. And my energy to do almost anything is completely drained out. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I lost my appetite for the 1st 2 days of the quit. It has come back. As far as the energy thing goes, it sounds pretty normal. I've been laggin' since I quit. As far as I have read that will go away too.
RIP
JNH 08.07.2011
CAW 10.28.2010
TWB 06.26.2003

Fortes Fortuna adiuvat

Offline Outdoorsman88

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 06:11:00 PM »
QD- 7/21/10

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 02:27:00 PM »
Quote from: RWM
Hey yall.  Just found this site last night on my second night of insomnia, and was hooked on the site from the moment I saw it.  Been dippin for 6 years since I was 16.  I realized I needed to quit a few months ago, after I completely screwed up a lot of things in my life, mainly because of my dumbass addiction to this crap.  On day 3 now and that damn fog is a killer.  Been feeling like I've been living in a different reality the past few days.  This is about my third or fourth time trying to quit.  Figured this is the time I need to finally defeat that damn Grizz.  Hope all you guys are doin well, and keep fightin the good fight!
Outdoor - hang in there. I was a 30 year dipper and I know it's tough. Knew dip longer than my wife/kids ... Once you clear a week or so the fog will lift. Just keep in mind that it might return at points. It hit me again around day 20. Your doing great. Drink lots of water, stay close to the site and read, read read...

No dip - I'll quit with you today Outdoor!

Rob
Welcome. You can do this. Also get some pure cranberry juice, not the sugary shit. It is @ $10 a bottle but well worth it. Read - Read - and Read some more and keep the shit outa your mouth.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline RWM

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 02:08:00 PM »
Hey yall. Just found this site last night on my second night of insomnia, and was hooked on the site from the moment I saw it. Been dippin for 6 years since I was 16. I realized I needed to quit a few months ago, after I completely screwed up a lot of things in my life, mainly because of my dumbass addiction to this crap. On day 3 now and that damn fog is a killer. Been feeling like I've been living in a different reality the past few days. This is about my third or fourth time trying to quit. Figured this is the time I need to finally defeat that damn Grizz. Hope all you guys are doin well, and keep fightin the good fight!
Outdoor - hang in there. I was a 30 year dipper and I know it's tough. Knew dip longer than my wife/kids ... Once you clear a week or so the fog will lift. Just keep in mind that it might return at points. It hit me again around day 20. Your doing great. Drink lots of water, stay close to the site and read, read read...

No dip - I'll quit with you today Outdoor!

Rob
Quit Date: 6/14/10 Hof Date: 9/21/10

My HOF Speech

Philippians 4:6 - Don?t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

Offline Tarheel

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 12:27:00 PM »
Keep up the good work Outdoorsman88. I'm on day 9 myself. I'll keep a lookout for you on roll call.
They may call me Tarheel, but the heels suck. Go PACK.

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 12:14:00 PM »
Welcome! Glad you found us.

You're not trying anymore...you are quit, the decision has been made.

Post roll early, read up, get involved and shout if you need anything.