Author Topic: Hello, my name is Scott, I'm an addict  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hello, my name is Scott, I'm an addict
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 11:39:00 AM »
Quote from: Scoot
Hello all! I'm starting day 4 of my no nic at all quit. Pulled the trigger Thursday morning. smoked and chewed since I was fifteen. I turn fifty this September and wanted to do it free of addiction. My dad was a lifetime smoker, couldn't beat the addiction. Died way too young at age sixty, after a botched heart valve replacement surgery. I have a four year old son named Wyatt, I can't do that to him. The first two days were hell. I had what was left of my can in my front pants pocket, not having it would have caused a panic attack.  I was "in the fog". I was afraid of Chantix because of all the strange mental stuff so I did not try to obtain it. Just straight, no BS, cold turkey. I was definitely impaired the first two nights and days but now things are clear. I was surprised that not chewing was not that hard at first because I was just numb. Now it's tough. With my Skoal long-cut straight I could endure any hardship, figure out any problem, repair anything man-made and excel at any task, and now , it's gone. I have to figure out how to go on without it. I already love you guys and thank you for this site, as it encouraged me to do a no BS quit. See ya down the road.
Welcome scoot. Read the Welcome Center and we need you to post roll in the May 2014 quit group. This is your commitment to yourself and us that you will be nicotine free and quit today. This is the most important thing you do today.

You are right... Cold turkey is the only way. Nice job battling thru the fog and getting to day 4.

Btw... Nicotine never helped you do any of the things you said below. It can't help you solve problems, it don't make you think better,,, it does nothing of the sort. It only kills you. You don't need poison to survive and live.... Once you quit you will see that you will be thinking more clearly and life is just better.

Good to have you here. Now go post roll and let us know you are quit today.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
Re: Hello, my name is Scott, I'm an addict
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 11:35:00 AM »
Quote from: Scoot
Hello all! I'm starting day 4 of my no nic at all quit. Pulled the trigger Thursday morning. smoked and chewed since I was fifteen. I turn fifty this September and wanted to do it free of addiction. My dad was a lifetime smoker, couldn't beat the addiction. Died way too young at age sixty, after a botched heart valve replacement surgery. I have a four year old son named Wyatt, I can't do that to him. The first two days were hell. I had what was left of my can in my front pants pocket, not having it would have caused a panic attack. I was "in the fog". I was afraid of Chantix because of all the strange mental stuff so I did not try to obtain it. Just straight, no BS, cold turkey. I was definitely impaired the first two nights and days but now things are clear. I was surprised that not chewing was not that hard at first because I was just numb. Now it's tough. With my Skoal long-cut straight I could endure any hardship, figure out any problem, repair anything man-made and excel at any task, and now , it's gone. I have to figure out how to go on without it. I already love you guys and thank you for this site, as it encouraged me to do a no BS quit. See ya down the road.
Scoot - welcome,

you have found the right place, as if you dive into the site here, it is a proven method to quit.

take a look to your upper left to the Welcome Center. click on that and read all you can to get to know the site

then click through the HOF speeches, the words of wisdom and the introductions to get to know us, as that is how the brotherhood will develop

and lastly find your May 14 quit group, join them and give your word each and every day.

nicotine gets the young and old, male and female, and 'whatever else'. Welcome to our neighborhood and get ready for a great ride to freedom

I quit right with you today, yell if you need anything

Offline Scoot

• Interests: My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and my family. Being outdoors riding ATVs, hiking, hunting, shooting guns, gold prospecting, breaking and then fixing motorized stuff.
Hello, my name is Scott, I'm an addict
« on: February 16, 2014, 11:28:00 AM »
Hello all! I'm starting day 4 of my no nic at all quit. Pulled the trigger Thursday morning. smoked and chewed since I was fifteen. I turn fifty this September and wanted to do it free of addiction. My dad was a lifetime smoker, couldn't beat the addiction. Died way too young at age sixty, after a botched heart valve replacement surgery. I have a four year old son named Wyatt, I can't do that to him. The first two days were hell. I had what was left of my can in my front pants pocket, not having it would have caused a panic attack. I was "in the fog". I was afraid of Chantix because of all the strange mental stuff so I did not try to obtain it. Just straight, no BS, cold turkey. I was definitely impaired the first two nights and days but now things are clear. I was surprised that not chewing was not that hard at first because I was just numb. Now it's tough. With my Skoal long-cut straight I could endure any hardship, figure out any problem, repair anything man-made and excel at any task, and now , it's gone. I have to figure out how to go on without it. I already love you guys and thank you for this site, as it encouraged me to do a no BS quit. See ya down the road.