Author Topic: Finally going to do this...  (Read 6469 times)

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Finally going to do this...
« Reply #112 on: June 24, 2013, 09:07:00 AM »
Quote from: jaynellie
Quote from: Dlee3
Quote from: jost2brown
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: Evil_Won
Guys and gals, I have been MIA for about three days and it has been killing me.  I think I posted roll late Wednesday and again a few minutes ago.  Unacceptable, I know.  Trust me, I know.

I hope you guys will forgive me.  I suddenly have a new woman in my life and it happened so fast it threw me for a fucking loop.  It's been incredible and I doubt I would have ever found a way to like her more than dip if it weren't for this place.  I have actually thought about that a lot over the past few days.  I was married and I loved dip more than her.  Dip was the only thing I was accountable to.  This is the first time in five years I feel like the future is mine for the taking.  I realize new relationships don't always work, but I love the outlook right now.  It is absolutely amazing how life without dip changes your outlook on the simplest things and turns the really important stuff sacred.

And please forgive my giddiness.
Holy shit! Are you ready for this? Call if needed; this is major.
I think a school girl hijacked his intro.
I was thinking the same thing Diesel.... 'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup'
Is it wrong to feel like a school girl? I do. I really do. I'm a fucking mess. Thank you, evil, diesel, and jaynellie for recognizing it. But I'm really fucking happy about it. I can't even sleep. School girls are more manly than I am right now. And yes, Evil, I'm ready. Feels fucking great!!
I am happy for you man, that kind of stuff is rare. however, it is not a reason to miss roll.

First off, the euphoric feeling could be more dangerous than drinking. if there is one thing that makes men do dumber stuff than drugs or alcohol, its early relationship emotions. Enjoy it, but make sure you are protecting your quit just as passionately.

Second, you have thrown a lot at new quitters, particularly a certain caver, about accountability and roll posting. Don't be a hypocrite.

Never, ever let your quit guard down. Before you know it you will be trying to sleep with both women again. Chances are the new lady won't be down with all that.
Damn, you are a buzzkill, J2B. But you are absolutely right, not that you need me to tell you. This was my first two days missing roll, and for that, I am an absolute hypocrite. Thanks for calling me on it.

I think this is a lesson for me, above all else, and I didn't see it until J2B chopped off my knees. Nothing good happens on the outside with a person's quit until they're able to see that it actually has everything and nothing to do with their quit. For everybody else, it's just life, and good stuff happens sometimes. For us, we have to find a way to relate it to quitting. In my case, I spent so much time the past few days ignoring the foundation of my quit that I actually ignored it. That ain't right, boys and girls. Though I was swimming in good shit, I somehow shat upon our daily promise. I'm sorry.

I'm really happy right now, but I owe that happiness to KTC. Sorry I was a hypocrite. Post roll every fucking day. I missed two days, I'm sorry, and J2B speaks the truth. It'll never happen again.
That is Accountability and Humility all in 3 beautifully written and expressed paragraphs....

Good stuff Dlee3, Good stuff indeed.

I'm so happy that you have found that happy place once again in your life..you my friend are definetely deserving of it....

'clap' 'clap'
Happy for you bro. She does no how much of an asshat you are don't she?? 'crackup' Glad to be quit with you anyday of the week.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline jaynellie

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: being a good husband a good dad, riding our quads at the dunes, watching my children turn into adults
« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2013, 11:47:00 PM »
Guys and gals, I have been MIA for about three days and it has been killing me.  I think I posted roll late Wednesday and again a few minutes ago.  Unacceptable, I know.  Trust me, I know.

I hope you guys will forgive me.  I suddenly have a new woman in my life and it happened so fast it threw me for a fucking loop.  It's been incredible and I doubt I would have ever found a way to like her more than dip if it weren't for this place.  I have actually thought about that a lot over the past few days.  I was married and I loved dip more than her.  Dip was the only thing I was accountable to.  This is the first time in five years I feel like the future is mine for the taking.  I realize new relationships don't always work, but I love the outlook right now.  It is absolutely amazing how life without dip changes your outlook on the simplest things and turns the really important stuff sacred.

Is it wrong to feel like a school girl? I do. I really do. I'm a fucking mess. Thank you, evil, diesel, and jaynellie for recognizing it. But I'm really fucking happy about it. I can't even sleep. School girls are more manly than I am right now. And yes, Evil, I'm ready. Feels fucking great!!
I am happy for you man, that kind of stuff is rare. however, it is not a reason to miss roll.

First off, the euphoric feeling could be more dangerous than drinking. if there is one thing that makes men do dumber stuff than drugs or alcohol, its early relationship emotions. Enjoy it, but make sure you are protecting your quit just as passionately.

Second, you have thrown a lot at new quitters, particularly a certain caver, about accountability and roll posting. Don't be a hypocrite.

Never, ever let your quit guard down. Before you know it you will be trying to sleep with both women again. Chances are the new lady won't be down with all that.
Damn, you are a buzzkill, J2B. But you are absolutely right, not that you need me to tell you. This was my first two days missing roll, and for that, I am an absolute hypocrite. Thanks for calling me on it.

I think this is a lesson for me, above all else, and I didn't see it until J2B chopped off my knees. Nothing good happens on the outside with a person's quit until they're able to see that it actually has everything and nothing to do with their quit. For everybody else, it's just life, and good stuff happens sometimes. For us, we have to find a way to relate it to quitting. In my case, I spent so much time the past few days ignoring the foundation of my quit that I actually ignored it. That ain't right, boys and girls. Though I was swimming in good shit, I somehow shat upon our daily promise. I'm sorry.

I'm really happy right now, but I owe that happiness to KTC. Sorry I was a hypocrite. Post roll every fucking day. I missed two days, I'm sorry, and J2B speaks the truth. It'll never happen again.
That is Accountability and Humility all in 3 beautifully written and expressed paragraphs....

Good stuff Dlee3, Good stuff indeed.

I'm so happy that you have found that happy place once again in your life..you my friend are definetely deserving of it....

'clap' 'clap'
"You never have to remember what you said, if you always tell the truth"

"Post roll everyday and your chances of staying quit goes up 100%" --mememe

Offline Dlee3

• Quitter
« Reply #110 on: June 23, 2013, 11:39:00 PM »

Offline J2b

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
    • May 11
  • Quit Date: 01/23/2011
  • Likes Given: 239
« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2013, 09:23:00 AM »

The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem.  Do you understand?

Draw Fire

If its too much trouble to post roll call, you could always fuck off.

Quit Group: May 11 3 Balled Quitters

• Quit: 01/23/11

Offline omahaflyer

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3 Jan 2013
  • Interests: fish golf baseball
« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2013, 09:14:00 AM »

Congrats, I wish nothing but the best for you and your daughter. Take this like your quit, one day at a time.
Memorial Stadium

Southeast: "In Commemoration of the men of Nebraska who served and fell in the Nation's Wars."
Southwest: "Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory."
Northwest: "Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."
Northeast: "Their Lives they held their country's trust; They kept its faith; They died its heroes."

Offline Dlee3

• Quitter
« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2013, 02:02:00 AM »

Offline jaynellie

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: being a good husband a good dad, riding our quads at the dunes, watching my children turn into adults
« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2013, 12:09:00 AM »

"You never have to remember what you said, if you always tell the truth"

"Post roll everyday and your chances of staying quit goes up 100%" --mememe

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2013, 12:08:00 AM »

Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2013, 11:38:00 PM »
Guys and gals, I have been MIA for about three days and it has been killing me. I think I posted roll late Wednesday and again a few minutes ago. Unacceptable, I know. Trust me, I know.

I hope you guys will forgive me. I suddenly have a new woman in my life and it happened so fast it threw me for a fucking loop. It's been incredible and I doubt I would have ever found a way to like her more than dip if it weren't for this place. I have actually thought about that a lot over the past few days. I was married and I loved dip more than her. Dip was the only thing I was accountable to. This is the first time in five years I feel like the future is mine for the taking. I realize new relationships don't always work, but I love the outlook right now. It is absolutely amazing how life without dip changes your outlook on the simplest things and turns the really important stuff sacred.

"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline Dlee3

• Quitter
« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2013, 10:57:00 PM »
Guys and gals, I have been MIA for about three days and it has been killing me. I think I posted roll late Wednesday and again a few minutes ago. Unacceptable, I know. Trust me, I know.

I hope you guys will forgive me. I suddenly have a new woman in my life and it happened so fast it threw me for a fucking loop. It's been incredible and I doubt I would have ever found a way to like her more than dip if it weren't for this place. I have actually thought about that a lot over the past few days. I was married and I loved dip more than her. Dip was the only thing I was accountable to. This is the first time in five years I feel like the future is mine for the taking. I realize new relationships don't always work, but I love the outlook right now. It is absolutely amazing how life without dip changes your outlook on the simplest things and turns the really important stuff sacred.

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-05-29
« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2013, 08:08:00 AM »
Quitting is FUN, you pussies, when you truly feel like you have support.
Oh I dig this..... Too many people are afraid to succeed. It's all doom and gloom. And fear. Woe is me....it's so hard...etc etc etc. It doesn't need to be that way. It's all about shifting your mentality. If you understand that everything about nicotine is a lie then a quitting is FUN attitude can be obtained. I found it early on - some never do. I quit all day everyday and I celebrate it. Quit with you man.
I have control over my quit. There's no luck involved. - Diesel2112

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Dlee3

• Quitter
« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2013, 09:45:00 PM »
Quote from: Mjollnir
I want you to know I find your defense of ET to be a commendable act. Misguided but well ment.

Thor's job in Asgard is to defend it from the Giants of Jountheim. So this little guy faces huge giants to keep his own safe. The European version of David and Goliath. You are taking an active part in that, much better that ET. I do respect that.

While your intentions are good, remember that ultimately he has to make a choice. Not you or anyone else can keep ET from phoning home and "checking his quit" by getting another can.

At this stage of things, you have a great deal to experience before you fully understand what I am telling you and all of us understand that. Spend your time with those in your group that have made a serious commitment. I fear ET may turn around later and pull this game again and your efforts will be for naught, but do as you will.
Misguided is my life for the most part, Mj. I just figure you never know if a lost soul needs a misguided one to succeed. I'll take the chance.

And BTW, I had no idea that Norse Mythology was a contemporary religion of choice. I have no idea what you just said to me in that post, but it sounded sacredly gnarly.

Respect both ways!!

Offline Mjollnir

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2013, 08:46:00 AM »
I want you to know I find your defense of ET to be a commendable act. Misguided but well ment.

Thor's job in Asgard is to defend it from the Giants of Jountheim. So this little guy faces huge giants to keep his own safe. The European version of David and Goliath. You are taking an active part in that, much better that ET. I do respect that.

While your intentions are good, remember that ultimately he has to make a choice. Not you or anyone else can keep ET from phoning home and "checking his quit" by getting another can.

At this stage of things, you have a great deal to experience before you fully understand what I am telling you and all of us understand that. Spend your time with those in your group that have made a serious commitment. I fear ET may turn around later and pull this game again and your efforts will be for naught, but do as you will.

Offline Dlee3

• Quitter
« Reply #99 on: June 07, 2013, 01:14:00 AM »
Just wanted to tell you guys that I absolutely love this place. I love the support, the angst, the guys that call you out. I just love it all. I'm about to leave for the weekend for the beach with the kid's soccer team, and I will take you all with me. I've been in school (at 35 years old) for the past year and it's been a time-management bitch, but I get on here every damn night just to ground my quit and put me in the presence of addicts that share some commonalities.

I had nothing to do tonight, and I think I posted the most of any day in my nearly five months since quit. Quitting is FUN, you pussies, when you truly feel like you have support. We got support here, and I feel nostalgic in appreciating it.

By the way, I just got my Masters degree. I'll use the words "luck" and "hope" in their proper forms on this site. Wish me luck in finding a decent job. Stay-at-home-daddy time is OVER (I hope.)

Dlee3

Offline flyby

• Quitter
« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2013, 12:34:00 AM »
You are an inspiration. I will make sure to read your entire intro posts. Thank you  keep it up good sir!
Motivation is what gets you started,
habit is what keeps you going.
Willpower is remembering what you really want