Author Topic: Finally going to do this...  (Read 6473 times)

Offline matthewb51

• Quitter
  • Interests: Working, Spending time with my beautiful wife, spending time with my family and friends, lifting weights, Cardinals Baseball, Rams Football, Mizzou Football/Basketball, Blues Hockey, and Bucs Football
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Finally going to do this...
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2013, 12:25:00 PM »
Just an FYI for the last two weeks of my life and the next two weeks.  I'm in 100% with you quit fuckers and those on here that know me are probably convinced of that by now.  However, for the next two weeks, I WILL post roll, but you won't see much of me otherwise.  It's not by choice but by obligation.  I have approximately seven million pages of crap to research, type, edit, and submit by midnight on March 25th to actually become a freaking teacher.  Thirty-five years old and I choose a near-volunteer position teaching kids that won't even like me.  I have no idea what I was thinking either. 

Just know I am there in spirit with you newbies and oldies and April boys and girls for the next two weeks.  Those who have texted and PM'd for these past 53 days, I'm still quit and will remain that way.  Again, I WILL post my daily promise, but you guys that have checked in on me, don't worry about me for a couple of weeks.  I drank the Kool-Aid.  I know I owe this shit to you a little bit for your support, but the only one accountable is me.  Wish me luck, you freaking masters of quit.  I might even owe my life to this site.  Pretty freaking cool that I might actually teach one of your kids and, for the first time in my life, I'm proud of that decision.  Actually, I'm 53 days proud of two decisions.  I'm not sure anybody would miss me if I hadn't posted that, but I'm going to pretend every single one of you would have worried about me. 

And I promise I won't cuss if I teach your kid.  :D
Best of luck Dlee!
The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.

Offline omahaflyer

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3 Jan 2013
  • Interests: fish golf baseball
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2013, 10:30:00 AM »
Good luck with your endeavor.
Memorial Stadium

Southeast: "In Commemoration of the men of Nebraska who served and fell in the Nation's Wars."
Southwest: "Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory."
Northwest: "Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."
Northeast: "Their Lives they held their country's trust; They kept its faith; They died its heroes."

Offline Dlee3

• Quitter
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2013, 12:25:00 AM »
Just an FYI for the last two weeks of my life and the next two weeks. I'm in 100% with you quit fuckers and those on here that know me are probably convinced of that by now. However, for the next two weeks, I WILL post roll, but you won't see much of me otherwise. It's not by choice but by obligation. I have approximately seven million pages of crap to research, type, edit, and submit by midnight on March 25th to actually become a freaking teacher. Thirty-five years old and I choose a near-volunteer position teaching kids that won't even like me. I have no idea what I was thinking either.

Just know I am there in spirit with you newbies and oldies and April boys and girls for the next two weeks. Those who have texted and PM'd for these past 53 days, I'm still quit and will remain that way. Again, I WILL post my daily promise, but you guys that have checked in on me, don't worry about me for a couple of weeks. I drank the Kool-Aid. I know I owe this shit to you a little bit for your support, but the only one accountable is me. Wish me luck, you freaking masters of quit. I might even owe my life to this site. Pretty freaking cool that I might actually teach one of your kids and, for the first time in my life, I'm proud of that decision. Actually, I'm 53 days proud of two decisions. I'm not sure anybody would miss me if I hadn't posted that, but I'm going to pretend every single one of you would have worried about me.

And I promise I won't cuss if I teach your kid. :D

Offline Tsmith17

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Life is good when you're quit.
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2013, 02:20:00 AM »
Quote from: Dlee3
So I'm reading a book for grad school by a guy named Ron Clark. It's called The Essential 55 and it's promoted as "Discovering the Successful Student in Every Child." Yes, I'm in grad school to become a freaking teacher. We all have our unanswerables.

I've been reading for the past couple of nights and discovered that many of Mr. Clark's rules really, really parallel themselves with this KTC brotherhood. Who the hell knew we were all students? Here are the rules (out of the 55 and paraphrased if needed) that apply to us (my comments in parentheses:)

3. Congratulate others (That's what KTC does every day)
4. Respect other students' comments, opinions, and ideas (Unless...)
5. If you win, do not brag; if you lose, do not show anger (questionable for KTC?)
9. Always say thank you when given something. (Even an ass-chewing?)
10. When you receive something, do not insult the gift or the giver (Happens sometimes.)
11. Surprise others by performing random acts of kindness. (We do that every day!)
15. Do not ask for a reward. (That's the best one so far. We don't need one.)
16. You must complete your homework every day. (Roll posting.)
21. Follow the specific classroom protocols. (The backbone of KTC)
27. Do not stare at a student who is being reprimanded. (Let's be honest, we all stare.)
28. Call me if you have a question about homework. (KTC digits are necessary.)
33. When meeting new people, shake hands and repeat their names. (Intros!!)
36. Hold the door for people rather than letting it close on them. (Cavers who come back?)
41. At home, answer your phone in a polite and appropriate manner. (We are charged with getting numbers, not with what to do with them if someone calls.)
49. Stand up for what you believe. (Nuff said.)
50. Be positive and enjoy life. (Nuff said.)
51. Live so that you will never have regrets. (Nuff said.)
52. Learn from your mistakes and move on. (My biggest vice.)
53. No matter the circumstances, always be honest. (about a cave, perhaps?)
54. Carpe Diem - (Seize the fucking day!!!)
55. Be the best person you can be. ( I repeat... Seize the fucking day!!!)

A book about getting the most out of students applies to us. Imagine that. Out of 55 rules, a solid 21 apply to us addicts and I left a few out that were borderline. I didn't think rules such as "don't talk in a movie theater" applied, but I view this whole thing as a way of our re-emergence into a dipless society, almost like we are new students. And yes, newbies, 47 days is newbie. Some of these guys might say 947 days is newbie. And they're right.
Those are outstanding parallels. Seize the fucking day indeed!

Offline Dlee3

• Quitter
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2013, 12:20:00 AM »
So I'm reading a book for grad school by a guy named Ron Clark. It's called The Essential 55 and it's promoted as "Discovering the Successful Student in Every Child." Yes, I'm in grad school to become a freaking teacher. We all have our unanswerables.

I've been reading for the past couple of nights and discovered that many of Mr. Clark's rules really, really parallel themselves with this KTC brotherhood. Who the hell knew we were all students? Here are the rules (out of the 55 and paraphrased if needed) that apply to us (my comments in parentheses:)

3. Congratulate others (That's what KTC does every day)
4. Respect other students' comments, opinions, and ideas (Unless...)
5. If you win, do not brag; if you lose, do not show anger (questionable for KTC?)
9. Always say thank you when given something. (Even an ass-chewing?)
10. When you receive something, do not insult the gift or the giver (Happens sometimes.)
11. Surprise others by performing random acts of kindness. (We do that every day!)
15. Do not ask for a reward. (That's the best one so far. We don't need one.)
16. You must complete your homework every day. (Roll posting.)
21. Follow the specific classroom protocols. (The backbone of KTC)
27. Do not stare at a student who is being reprimanded. (Let's be honest, we all stare.)
28. Call me if you have a question about homework. (KTC digits are necessary.)
33. When meeting new people, shake hands and repeat their names. (Intros!!)
36. Hold the door for people rather than letting it close on them. (Cavers who come back?)
41. At home, answer your phone in a polite and appropriate manner. (We are charged with getting numbers, not with what to do with them if someone calls.)
49. Stand up for what you believe. (Nuff said.)
50. Be positive and enjoy life. (Nuff said.)
51. Live so that you will never have regrets. (Nuff said.)
52. Learn from your mistakes and move on. (My biggest vice.)
53. No matter the circumstances, always be honest. (about a cave, perhaps?)
54. Carpe Diem - (Seize the fucking day!!!)
55. Be the best person you can be. ( I repeat... Seize the fucking day!!!)

A book about getting the most out of students applies to us. Imagine that. Out of 55 rules, a solid 21 apply to us addicts and I left a few out that were borderline. I didn't think rules such as "don't talk in a movie theater" applied, but I view this whole thing as a way of our re-emergence into a dipless society, almost like we are new students. And yes, newbies, 47 days is newbie. Some of these guys might say 947 days is newbie. And they're right.

Offline Dlee3

• Quitter
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2013, 04:41:00 PM »
Quote from: Wt57
Day 40!!  It's been hard as hell, my attitude sucks at times, and I have tried my damnedest to talk myself into caving on several occasions.  But I haven't.  And I won't.  I am really starting to love me again and will NOT take that away from myself.  I had one of those deep thoughts I've been having lately, but before I get to that, I just wanted to say thanks for everybody's support.  Love you guys in the manliest way possible.

So here's my deep thought of the day:  WT is going to tell me I shouldn't say fuck, but I have to a few times.  For forty days I've noticed how several people say "quit like fuck."  Have you ever noticed the number of things, feelings, or descriptions you can compare to fuck (or at least you've heard compared to fuck.)

Cold as fuck.
Hot as fuck.
She's hot as fuck.
Ugly as fuck.
Drunk as fuck.
Happy as fuck.
Hungry as fuck.
Sleepy as fuck.
Hurts like fuck.
Funny as fuck.

I could continue, but for today, I will end with QUIT LIKE FUCK!!
I think that was cleanfuels son that told him he shouldn't say fuck! Here is the link to the definition of Quit Like Fuck thanks to Coach Steve!
Thanks WT. How in the world have I never seen that? Coach Steve, that is absolutely awesome as fuck. :P

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2013, 03:37:00 PM »
Day 40!! It's been hard as hell, my attitude sucks at times, and I have tried my damnedest to talk myself into caving on several occasions. But I haven't. And I won't. I am really starting to love me again and will NOT take that away from myself. I had one of those deep thoughts I've been having lately, but before I get to that, I just wanted to say thanks for everybody's support. Love you guys in the manliest way possible.

So here's my deep thought of the day: WT is going to tell me I shouldn't say fuck, but I have to a few times. For forty days I've noticed how several people say "quit like fuck." Have you ever noticed the number of things, feelings, or descriptions you can compare to fuck (or at least you've heard compared to fuck.)

Cold as fuck.
Hot as fuck.
She's hot as fuck.
Ugly as fuck.
Drunk as fuck.
Happy as fuck.
Hungry as fuck.
Sleepy as fuck.
Hurts like fuck.
Funny as fuck.

I think that was cleanfuels son that told him he shouldn't say fuck! Here is the link to the definition of Quit Like Fuck thanks to Coach Steve!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Dlee3

• Quitter
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2013, 02:29:00 PM »
Day 40!! It's been hard as hell, my attitude sucks at times, and I have tried my damnedest to talk myself into caving on several occasions. But I haven't. And I won't. I am really starting to love me again and will NOT take that away from myself. I had one of those deep thoughts I've been having lately, but before I get to that, I just wanted to say thanks for everybody's support. Love you guys in the manliest way possible.

So here's my deep thought of the day: WT is going to tell me I shouldn't say fuck, but I have to a few times. For forty days I've noticed how several people say "quit like fuck." Have you ever noticed the number of things, feelings, or descriptions you can compare to fuck (or at least you've heard compared to fuck.)

Cold as fuck.
Hot as fuck.
She's hot as fuck.
Ugly as fuck.
Drunk as fuck.
Happy as fuck.
Hungry as fuck.
Sleepy as fuck.
Hurts like fuck.
Funny as fuck.

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2013, 12:59:00 PM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Dammit, I love this place.  I make a relatively benign post asking my vets to give me a positive spin on the single word "sacrifice" and they lay me not only under the coals, but they add a little jet fuel.  Love it because it replaces the shit in my own head, even if I want to find Diesel and introduce him to a branding iron (remember that, new newbies.) :)

I just needed that today.  And after the past six or eight days, I really did need that.  Hell, I'll take more hits if anybody wants to add a little jet fuel.  This shit means something to me.  Finally, after sixteen years, it means something to me.  That's why I'm not afraid to show my vulnerability and get lambasted for it.  Hell, I wanted it.  Thanks to all of you.
Branding iron? Sounds too kinky for me.
awww come on Diesel, you know you want it. 'rem'

Also Dlee- " your momma wears combat boots"
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2013, 01:21:00 AM »
Dammit, I love this place. I make a relatively benign post asking my vets to give me a positive spin on the single word "sacrifice" and they lay me not only under the coals, but they add a little jet fuel. Love it because it replaces the shit in my own head, even if I want to find Diesel and introduce him to a branding iron (remember that, new newbies.) :)

I just needed that today. And after the past six or eight days, I really did need that. Hell, I'll take more hits if anybody wants to add a little jet fuel. This shit means something to me. Finally, after sixteen years, it means something to me. That's why I'm not afraid to show my vulnerability and get lambasted for it. Hell, I wanted it. Thanks to all of you.
Branding iron? Sounds too kinky for me.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Dlee3

• Quitter
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2013, 01:10:00 AM »
Dammit, I love this place. I make a relatively benign post asking my vets to give me a positive spin on the single word "sacrifice" and they lay me not only under the coals, but they add a little jet fuel. Love it because it replaces the shit in my own head, even if I want to find Diesel and introduce him to a branding iron (remember that, new newbies.) :)

I just needed that today. And after the past six or eight days, I really did need that. Hell, I'll take more hits if anybody wants to add a little jet fuel. This shit means something to me. Finally, after sixteen years, it means something to me. That's why I'm not afraid to show my vulnerability and get lambasted for it. Hell, I wanted it. Thanks to all of you.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2013, 01:09:00 AM »
Quote from: Skoal
Ya'll help me out with something.  I'm one of those people that analyzes the hell out of thoughts, ideas, basically stuff that I have not considered before.  That's my disclosure in this question, because it might seem like nothing, but this has been bugging the shit out of me.  It started early last week when it was obviously going to be a shitty week between work, grad school, and realizing each night that there are simply not enough hours in the day.  So here goes the thought that has been basically raping my mind:

"I am making a huge sacrifice by quitting."

That's it.  That's the thought.  Every day it's that or an inbred cousin of that thought.  It might be something like, "Is this sacrifice worth it," but I am stuck with the word "sacrifice."  I'm better than a month in and I'm 100% in committing to my quit, but that thought feels really, really wrong and selfish.  And yet I can't shake it. 

But I'm smart enough to know where to come for advice.  Somebody please tell me how wrong that thought process is so sacrifice can stop gang-raping my noggin.  Thanks!!
D, everything we do is a sacrifice! My hell, look at all the sacrifices you make for 'the kid'! Are they worth it? Is the sacrifice of grad school worth it? I guess it comes down to you asking yourself, why am I making this sacrifice? If your reason is right the sacrifice is worth it! I could come on here and give you tons of reasons I see my sacrifice is worth it. But those are my reasons. You've been here long enough to see what happens when addicts attempt to quit for the wrong reason. The sacrifice isn't worth it and they cave!

Another way I'd rather look at quitting is: Is the freedom and the satisfaction of quitting worth it? I believe I looked at quitting as a sacrifice for awhile but now I don't! Quitting is a blessing in my life that ranks among the most important events of my life. As a old bastard that is past the child raising years (empty nesters for 13 years), well into having fun with grandkids and well into middle age I can say looking back "I wish like hell I had made the 'sacrifice' when I was your age."
Thanks, WT. Everything you said goes through my mind a few times a day. As I was reading what you wrote, the thought going through my head was simply the negative connotation I place on the word "sacrifice." I just went over and proved why that feels negative to me. The third definition (after sacrifices to a deities and whatnot) states, "the surrender or destruction of something prized or desirable..."

Something prized or desirable? Nicotine is something prized or desirable? That's my point and the reason I wanted you guys to put something positive in my head. I don't want this to feel like a sacrifice. For the past week, I feel like I'm fighting that negative connotation as much as I fight craves. I have been relentlessly positive about this, but I don't want it to be a sacrifice. This was definitely not a cry-for-help type of post, just a request for a positive spin. You said replace it with freedom and satisfaction. Those are positive spins. That's why I come to my vets. You guys probably remember being a month in. Sometimes it's tough to even find words to replace the negative ones when you're still being rewired.

I'll counter you on one thing you said, and it's only because I'm trying to shake the negativity I find in the word sacrifice (you got me thinking tonight, so thanks for that.) I don't think everything we do should be seen as a sacrifice. For one, I don't want to view fatherhood as a sacrifice. A month ago, when I had to play with the kid rather than stick a wad of shit in my lip, that was, at the time, a sacrifice. Now I'm finding it nothing more than a joy. I won't go into everything I previously saw as a sacrifice, but I'm trying to do that with all of them. I am becoming one introspective son of a bitch during this quit. And I like it!!! Just trying to get nicky to quit monopolizing the sacrifices. Thanks dude.
Alright Snow White , I'll kiss ya.

Sacrifice as you say is " surrender or destruction of something prized or valued"

Any emaciated penniless crack whore heroin junkie will agree with you that any activity that doesn't include their drug of choice is a sacrifice. What price did you pay my addict friend? Lie to get out of the house? Late night runs to 7-11 or the gas-n-go . Chew rather than eat? Stay up late? Avoid situations where you couldn't dip? Your not much different than any other addict.

Any recovered addict will tell you the true sacrifice was what you were willing to give up or destroy in order to feed the addiction. Sacrifice moments with loved ones to shove a neurotoxic weed in your mouth? Sacrifice your teeth, jaw, gums, circulation , heart, a fucking limb, face? Sacrifice your very life to a little round can of applemintywinterhagen flavored cancer.? Sacrifice your own integrity and self worth because you have to hide your addiction. Sacrifice thousands of dollars to pay homage to a product that kills you when used as directed.Sacrifice Missing the"kids" wedding, first home run, first day of college, your grand kids.

Your upside down lil buddy. Your gaining EVERYTHING , the sacrifices you made to maintain your addiction are over. Your free dumb dumb.

You are making a huge sacrifice by NOT QUITTING
I think SM is zoning in on my brain waves. Either that or I remember a hell of a lot of what he used to tell me. I think that's more like it.

I think like in football they have the Parcells tree, ktc should have a Skoal Monster tree.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2013, 12:48:00 AM »
Ya'll help me out with something.  I'm one of those people that analyzes the hell out of thoughts, ideas, basically stuff that I have not considered before.  That's my disclosure in this question, because it might seem like nothing, but this has been bugging the shit out of me.  It started early last week when it was obviously going to be a shitty week between work, grad school, and realizing each night that there are simply not enough hours in the day.  So here goes the thought that has been basically raping my mind:

That's it.  That's the thought.  Every day it's that or an inbred cousin of that thought.  It might be something like, "Is this sacrifice worth it," but I am stuck with the word "sacrifice."  I'm better than a month in and I'm 100% in committing to my quit, but that thought feels really, really wrong and selfish.  And yet I can't shake it. 

But I'm smart enough to know where to come for advice.  Somebody please tell me how wrong that thought process is so sacrifice can stop gang-raping my noggin.  Thanks!!
D, everything we do is a sacrifice! My hell, look at all the sacrifices you make for 'the kid'! Are they worth it? Is the sacrifice of grad school worth it? I guess it comes down to you asking yourself, why am I making this sacrifice? If your reason is right the sacrifice is worth it! I could come on here and give you tons of reasons I see my sacrifice is worth it. But those are my reasons. You've been here long enough to see what happens when addicts attempt to quit for the wrong reason. The sacrifice isn't worth it and they cave!

Another way I'd rather look at quitting is: Is the freedom and the satisfaction of quitting worth it? I believe I looked at quitting as a sacrifice for awhile but now I don't! Quitting is a blessing in my life that ranks among the most important events of my life. As a old bastard that is past the child raising years (empty nesters for 13 years), well into having fun with grandkids and well into middle age I can say looking back "I wish like hell I had made the 'sacrifice' when I was your age."
Thanks, WT. Everything you said goes through my mind a few times a day. As I was reading what you wrote, the thought going through my head was simply the negative connotation I place on the word "sacrifice." I just went over and proved why that feels negative to me. The third definition (after sacrifices to a deities and whatnot) states, "the surrender or destruction of something prized or desirable..."

Something prized or desirable? Nicotine is something prized or desirable? That's my point and the reason I wanted you guys to put something positive in my head. I don't want this to feel like a sacrifice. For the past week, I feel like I'm fighting that negative connotation as much as I fight craves. I have been relentlessly positive about this, but I don't want it to be a sacrifice. This was definitely not a cry-for-help type of post, just a request for a positive spin. You said replace it with freedom and satisfaction. Those are positive spins. That's why I come to my vets. You guys probably remember being a month in. Sometimes it's tough to even find words to replace the negative ones when you're still being rewired.

I'll counter you on one thing you said, and it's only because I'm trying to shake the negativity I find in the word sacrifice (you got me thinking tonight, so thanks for that.) I don't think everything we do should be seen as a sacrifice. For one, I don't want to view fatherhood as a sacrifice. A month ago, when I had to play with the kid rather than stick a wad of shit in my lip, that was, at the time, a sacrifice. Now I'm finding it nothing more than a joy. I won't go into everything I previously saw as a sacrifice, but I'm trying to do that with all of them. I am becoming one introspective son of a bitch during this quit. And I like it!!! Just trying to get nicky to quit monopolizing the sacrifices. Thanks dude.
Alright Snow White , I'll kiss ya.

Sacrifice as you say is " surrender or destruction of something prized or valued"

Any emaciated penniless crack whore heroin junkie will agree with you that any activity that doesn't include their drug of choice is a sacrifice. What price did you pay my addict friend? Lie to get out of the house? Late night runs to 7-11 or the gas-n-go . Chew rather than eat? Stay up late? Avoid situations where you couldn't dip? Your not much different than any other addict.

Any recovered addict will tell you the true sacrifice was what you were willing to give up or destroy in order to feed the addiction. Sacrifice moments with loved ones to shove a neurotoxic weed in your mouth? Sacrifice your teeth, jaw, gums, circulation , heart, a fucking limb, face? Sacrifice your very life to a little round can of applemintywinterhagen flavored cancer.? Sacrifice your own integrity and self worth because you have to hide your addiction. Sacrifice thousands of dollars to pay homage to a product that kills you when used as directed.Sacrifice Missing the"kids" wedding, first home run, first day of college, your grand kids.

Your upside down lil buddy. Your gaining EVERYTHING , the sacrifices you made to maintain your addiction are over. Your free dumb dumb.

You are making a huge sacrifice by NOT QUITTING
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2013, 12:40:00 AM »

Sacrafice? What exactly are you giving up? You're still in love with the nic bitch ain't ya? You only consider quitting something you find pleasurable a true sacrafice.

Fact of the matter is you have absolutely nothing to lose when you quit nic, but everything to gain. Once you stop glamorousing the crap you wont look at it as a sacrafice.

I too looked fondly on my chewing days when i first quit. It felt like i lost an old friend. But like a hack golfer who shoots 120 I really was only remembering the 2 or 3 good shots I had and forgetting the other 118 shitty ones.

Truth is as I look back on it now, most of the time I'd put a chew in for no reason other than my addict brain told me to and a lot of times it tasted like shit. My gums were always sore, my tongue was jacked up and lacked feeling. I was always picking specks out of my teeth. I never wore white. I would often over eat at 100mph just so I could get that after meal dip in. I wasn't getting any buzz from it anymore either. Hell I remember on more than one occasion chasing that buzz by stuffing my lip so full of that crap that I literally got sick to my stomach with nic overload and threw up. Why? I have no idea now looking back on it. I was aaddicted to it, I THOUGHT I needed it, but I didn't and never did. Not like I was living some stress free life while I was dipping. More like I was a lazy fucking liar who THOUGHT dip made life easier. It didn't.

I can honestly say that after 261 days I do not miss it. The few good shots in my round of 120 might be when I play poker or video games, but even now when I really think about it I don't need that crap to enjoy those 2 things and never did. Two things by the way, that are as minor as FUCK in my life. I have a wife and a 7 and 9 year old. Poker and video games really doesn't register too high on my give a shit meter when I really think about it.

I can also honestly say that after a month quit...I did not feel this way. I still did miss it...or so I thought. Racking up the +1's and help from this site will correct that.

I believe you would be making a huge sacrafice by continuing to chew.

A sacrafice to your health, your relationships, your money, your freedom, and ultimately your life. Lets not forget this shit will kill you. I think too many times we lose sight of that fact. You're a young man with you're entire future ahead of you. Are you willing to sacrafice all that for a lip full of chew????

So to answer your question...FUCK NO YOU'RE NOT
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline Dlee3

• Quitter
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2013, 11:56:00 PM »