Author Topic: 31 Days time for an Intro  (Read 2305 times)

Offline Philly80

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 31 Days time for an Intro
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 09:32:00 PM »
Quote from: FIGHTIN-IGNORANCE
Quote from: Jbojie
I have been sucking on Skoal Bandits for 22 years.  I have tried to quit several times but to be honest, I really didn't want to quit.  I loved that crap!  The guilt of hiding my addiction from everyone became to much of a burden to bare.  I had dreams about getting caught.  Woke up in a sweat many times.  I hid it from my wife for the full 22 years.  I came clean with her 31 days ago and she was in shock to say the least, thanks to her prayers and support I have made it this far, she keeps me accountable everyday.

Been through the suck, really did suck...  Still have those days that I crave like crazy, but I refuse to give in.  I have quit, no turning back, one day at a time.

I post everyday and I quit with you guys everyday!

Thanks to all the Duck Fipers who have helped me so far.

Keep the Faith!
Well, off blood pressure meds. Didn't know this would happen when I quit.

Go Ducks.

Quit with everyone today!!
That is great bub! 'clap' 'clap'
I was part ninja, my ex or my babymama who I was wit for about 8 years didn't care and I still hid it from her cause 1-it's fucking disgusting and 2- I didn't want her to know how bad I was hooked on the little Nic bitch. Some ways cost my my relationship cause I only wanted to be wit the Nic whore and not her and my daughter

Offline FIGHTIN-IGNORANCE

• Quitter
  • Interests: Studying the "Word", My Two Boys, Hunting, fishing, Softball, Roller Hockey, learning to play acoustic guitar,
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 09:15:00 PM »
I have been sucking on Skoal Bandits for 22 years.  I have tried to quit several times but to be honest, I really didn't want to quit.  I loved that crap!  The guilt of hiding my addiction from everyone became to much of a burden to bare.  I had dreams about getting caught.  Woke up in a sweat many times.  I hid it from my wife for the full 22 years.  I came clean with her 31 days ago and she was in shock to say the least, thanks to her prayers and support I have made it this far, she keeps me accountable everyday.

Been through the suck, really did suck...  Still have those days that I crave like crazy, but I refuse to give in.  I have quit, no turning back, one day at a time.

Keep the Faith!

Go Ducks.

That is great bub! 'clap' 'clap'
Quit Date 6/26/2013
DUCK FIP'S FOR LIFE!!
'KICKIN THE CAN' All Day Long!
Complancency sucks,one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow

The connection of a common problem is strong, but the connection of a common solution is even stronger.-gorilla1

When we think we can't quit... We can... Cause ducks fly together... When the craves are to much to handle... Us ducks fly together.... When you want to cave... You won't... Because ducks fly together. Per our Jpete328
Freedom Started 06/26/2013....Freedom continues because of my choice and accountability from MY FELLOW DUCKS! QUACK ! QUACK! Thank You!

Offline Jbojie

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, Spending time with my best friend, who happens to be my wife.
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 09:06:00 PM »
I have been sucking on Skoal Bandits for 22 years. I have tried to quit several times but to be honest, I really didn't want to quit. I loved that crap! The guilt of hiding my addiction from everyone became to much of a burden to bare. I had dreams about getting caught. Woke up in a sweat many times. I hid it from my wife for the full 22 years. I came clean with her 31 days ago and she was in shock to say the least, thanks to her prayers and support I have made it this far, she keeps me accountable everyday.

Been through the suck, really did suck... Still have those days that I crave like crazy, but I refuse to give in. I have quit, no turning back, one day at a time.

Keep the Faith!

Go Ducks.

Keep the Faith!!
HOF 10/3/13

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2013, 07:18:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Brother... Glad to see you've finally gone "all in". An intro thread is another layer of help, accountability, direction, education, and support that is invaluable! Be active on it... Let us ( and your future self) see the daily struggles, battles, and victories. These are the daily issues that make up the big picture. Most of were ninja at some point... You can't do that here and hope to gain any ground. Lay it all out man! We're right there with you. Rock on brother...
Thanks Apple!! I quit with you today!!

Proud of you dude... Quit on!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Jbojie

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, Spending time with my best friend, who happens to be my wife.
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2013, 07:10:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Brother... Glad to see you've finally gone "all in". An intro thread is another layer of help, accountability, direction, education, and support that is invaluable! Be active on it... Let us ( and your future self) see the daily struggles, battles, and victories. These are the daily issues that make up the big picture. Most of were ninja at some point... You can't do that here and hope to gain any ground. Lay it all out man! We're right there with you. Rock on brother...
Thanks Apple!! I quit with you today!!
Keep the Faith!!
HOF 10/3/13

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2013, 07:02:00 PM »
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Jbojie

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2013, 06:33:00 PM »
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim
Quote from: Minny
Jbojie,

Does the smokeless alternative that your wife is keeping for you contain nicotine?
No it does not, it is the Bacc Off. I have gone cold turkey. No more nic for this guy.
If it doesn't contain Nic, then don't sweat it. If it helps use it. If not, let it go. But, no need to push that stuff aside if it is keeping the cravings at bay, or mellowing them.
Quit with you.
Day 32 craves are less but still slap me at times. I found that wintergreen mints help a lot!

Thanks for all the encouragement. Couldn't do it without you guys!!
Keep the Faith!!
HOF 10/3/13

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2013, 03:24:00 PM »
Jbojie,

Does the smokeless alternative that your wife is keeping for you contain nicotine?
No it does not, it is the Bacc Off. I have gone cold turkey. No more nic for this guy.
If it doesn't contain Nic, then don't sweat it. If it helps use it. If not, let it go. But, no need to push that stuff aside if it is keeping the cravings at bay, or mellowing them.
Quit with you.

Offline Jbojie

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2013, 03:14:00 PM »
Jbojie,

Keep the Faith!!
HOF 10/3/13

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 02:51:00 PM »
Jbojie,

Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline Jbojie

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 02:16:00 PM »
Quote from: traumagnet
I am glad you are here and glad you have posted your intro....It is very important to post the intro so that you have a record of your struggles that you had along the way. Something to look at and to go along with NAFAR...if you can you should try to go back and add to your intro.

I am not sure the reasoning behind the late intro thats not the focus here the focus is that you are quit. One thing I was wondering is were you still holding out with an intro just in case... IF so baby you got to burn the bridge and the piers too...leave nothing available for her to use on you. just an observation/suggestion.

I know the addict in me was hmmm why should I post an intro this might be time 12,845 to quit/stop...then I did reading and saw what I typed above bout burning everything...also the brothers jumped on my intro and spelled shit out to me that never occured to me. Point is that the thread is helpful in a quit different perspectives are typed out. Plus the intro threads are the first place I look for new peeps to reach out to them.

I have taken about 10cents worth of room on your virgin thread. quit w you today.
No just in case this time. I finally came clean to my wife and the weight that was taken off of me was indescribable. I gave her complete permission to ask any questions and hold me totally accountable. I started looking for smokeless alternatives when I found this site. My wife has helped as much as she could but I needed people that were going through what I was and who would give me a ration of crap if I didn't do what I said I was going to do. So I started by posting roll and then helping newer guys than me. Then I started reading introductions and I thought If I can help one guy stop by posting my story then that is what I need to do.

p.s. Wife took the smokeless alternative and hid it. Told me if I really needed it to ask her for it,
haven't asked yet. Cold Turkey............

Thanks for the questions.

Quit with you today!
Keep the Faith!!
HOF 10/3/13

Offline Polish Workhorse

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 02:03:00 PM »
Thanks for the support guys. Together, we will kick the nic, one day at a time.............
^^^ Good Quit Juice Right There!!

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 01:54:00 PM »
I am glad you are here and glad you have posted your intro....It is very important to post the intro so that you have a record of your struggles that you had along the way. Something to look at and to go along with NAFAR...if you can you should try to go back and add to your intro.

I am not sure the reasoning behind the late intro thats not the focus here the focus is that you are quit. One thing I was wondering is were you still holding out with an intro just in case... IF so baby you got to burn the bridge and the piers too...leave nothing available for her to use on you. just an observation/suggestion.

I know the addict in me was hmmm why should I post an intro this might be time 12,845 to quit/stop...then I did reading and saw what I typed above bout burning everything...also the brothers jumped on my intro and spelled shit out to me that never occured to me. Point is that the thread is helpful in a quit different perspectives are typed out. Plus the intro threads are the first place I look for new peeps to reach out to them.

I have taken about 10cents worth of room on your virgin thread. quit w you today.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Jbojie

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 01:28:00 PM »
Thanks for the support guys. Together, we will kick the nic, one day at a time.............
Keep the Faith!!
HOF 10/3/13

Offline lbj

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 11:18:00 AM »
Nice job ,stay focused on what brought you here.
Take away,take away... take away this ball and chain