Community > Introductions

Oldschool introduction

(1/16) > >>

MNxEngineer:

--- Quote from: Athan on October 30, 2020, 01:13:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: oldschool on October 26, 2020, 09:00:48 PM ---... In my head a voice said, "wouldn't a dip be good right about now"...

--- End quote ---
Bro I've had so many of those it's crazy. Like you said, not a crave, just a seemingly innocuous thought "gee, a lipper sure would be nice". And that's how it starts. That's why I'm still here. That's why I'm still posting. Thanks for throwing that out there. Edifying to know someone else still has 'em.

--- End quote ---
You two aren't alone. I've been having those thoughts lately more than I'd care to admit. That is also why I'm here 1,650 days later, still posting early, EDD.

Proud to be quit with you guys today.

Athan:

--- Quote from: Aumegrad on October 29, 2020, 09:01:02 AM ---...
As a side note, I too came across an old cigar in an old golf bag.  ...

--- End quote ---
My favorite is Kybo's story of running across a can that he'd stashed the previous year at a vacation rental that he does with his family! Still there, after a year of different folks moving in and out and maid service cleanings.

Athan:

--- Quote from: oldschool on October 26, 2020, 09:00:48 PM ---... In my head a voice said, "wouldn't a dip be good right about now"...

--- End quote ---
Bro I've had so many of those it's crazy. Like you said, not a crave, just a seemingly innocuous thought "gee, a lipper sure would be nice". And that's how it starts. That's why I'm still here. That's why I'm still posting. Thanks for throwing that out there. Edifying to know someone else still has 'em.

Aumegrad:

--- Quote from: MNxEngineer on October 27, 2020, 09:14:20 AM ---
--- Quote from: Keith0617 on October 27, 2020, 08:51:42 AM ---
--- Quote from: 69franx on October 26, 2020, 09:20:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: oldschool on October 26, 2020, 09:00:48 PM ---750 days nicotine free!

Interesting day.  Woke up.  Posted Roll.  Made a cup of coffee.  Started to go upstairs into my newly renovated home office and it hit me,  It wasn't a crave.  It was a thought, a thought that I really haven't had in quite a long time:  In my head a voice said, "wouldn't a dip be good right about now".  I stopped from going upstairs, sat on the couch again, and texted my promise to my quit circle to promise not to use nicotine.  Early on I would hold off on texting my promise until I got to work as that was one of the hardest times of the day for me.  Know your tools and use them when needed.....

So, in the late afternoon I was cleaning up some of the aftermath from the home office renovation and I found something.  Hidden away, stashed in a seldom used suit coat pocket, was a cigar.  Yes, that instrument of death that has tricked many into going back to being addicts.  I didn't over react.  I didn't rush to throw it away.  I stopped and thought; Why today?  Why today is nicotine trying so hard to lure me back?  I am blessed that I am stronger now than a year ago, and I am entirely grateful that I am so different from the person I was 2 years ago.  If this day would have happened back then, I probably would not be telling you of today's events.  I might not have made it to 750 days nicotine free.  Thank God I Quit.

Thanks for the Accountability and Brotherhood,
oldschool

--- End quote ---

Great victory brother. Way to stay strong and stay quit. You know you can reach out if you need it, you don't have to fight alone

--- End quote ---
Great job Rich. Thank you for sharing.

--- End quote ---
Proud to be quit with you today Rich. Each win further solidifies your quit foundation.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for sharing Rich.  It is amazing how nicotine entangles itself with our addict memories, actions, tasks, etc.  where out of nowhere, a fleeting thought will enter to stuff our face.  Fortunately they roll out as quickly as they came, but it is an important reminder to NEVER let our guard down and to protect our quits with all we have!  I am thankful for this board and the support it provides.

As a side note, I too came across an old cigar in an old golf bag.  I laughed thinking how the Aumegrad a couple years ago would’ve lit that dried out cancer stick just for the hit.  Hahaha eat a fat one nic ... not today!

Aumegrad 830

MNxEngineer:

--- Quote from: Keith0617 on October 27, 2020, 08:51:42 AM ---
--- Quote from: 69franx on October 26, 2020, 09:20:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: oldschool on October 26, 2020, 09:00:48 PM ---750 days nicotine free!

Interesting day.  Woke up.  Posted Roll.  Made a cup of coffee.  Started to go upstairs into my newly renovated home office and it hit me,  It wasn't a crave.  It was a thought, a thought that I really haven't had in quite a long time:  In my head a voice said, "wouldn't a dip be good right about now".  I stopped from going upstairs, sat on the couch again, and texted my promise to my quit circle to promise not to use nicotine.  Early on I would hold off on texting my promise until I got to work as that was one of the hardest times of the day for me.  Know your tools and use them when needed.....

So, in the late afternoon I was cleaning up some of the aftermath from the home office renovation and I found something.  Hidden away, stashed in a seldom used suit coat pocket, was a cigar.  Yes, that instrument of death that has tricked many into going back to being addicts.  I didn't over react.  I didn't rush to throw it away.  I stopped and thought; Why today?  Why today is nicotine trying so hard to lure me back?  I am blessed that I am stronger now than a year ago, and I am entirely grateful that I am so different from the person I was 2 years ago.  If this day would have happened back then, I probably would not be telling you of today's events.  I might not have made it to 750 days nicotine free.  Thank God I Quit.

Thanks for the Accountability and Brotherhood,
oldschool

--- End quote ---

Great victory brother. Way to stay strong and stay quit. You know you can reach out if you need it, you don't have to fight alone

--- End quote ---
Great job Rich. Thank you for sharing.

--- End quote ---
Proud to be quit with you today Rich. Each win further solidifies your quit foundation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version