Author Topic: 9-11 marks 5 Years of Freedom for me  (Read 5154 times)

Offline Bean

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Newbie
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2010, 11:05:00 PM »
Great choice. Congrats!!! Read all you can, post roll, stay quit.

Offline chewless jim

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2010, 03:30:00 PM »
Quote from: Greg5280
Quote from: Mokapa52
Working on two full days without.  I'm already feeling better health wise but I'm greatfull for the people on this sight for the encouragement. Keep the Quit! I'm not trying I'm doing!
MO,
Make sure you find Jan 2011 and post your promise.

Check your inbox ( 1 )
welcome aboard. Go to the KTC Home link above and educate yourself.
Pain is temporary, Pride is forever

Quit Date: 08-02-2007...this was the first time I ever tried to quit...so far...so good.

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2010, 02:35:00 PM »
Quote from: Mokapa52
Working on two full days without. I'm already feeling better health wise but I'm greatfull for the people on this sight for the encouragement. Keep the Quit! I'm not trying I'm doing!
MO,
Make sure you find Jan 2011 and post your promise.

Check your inbox ( 1 )

Offline Mokapa52

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2010, 02:09:00 PM »
Working on two full days without. I'm already feeling better health wise but I'm greatfull for the people on this sight for the encouragement. Keep the Quit! I'm not trying I'm doing!

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2010, 01:00:00 PM »
I am not sure about the whole finger in the butt thing.. but whatever works.

Nice quit, keep it going !!

Offline brianl

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: NOT DIPPING!!!!!Family, Friends, Concerts and supporting the Boston Teams!
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2010, 10:05:00 AM »
Solid numbers Bean!!! Way to go.
Try to keep those fingers out of ya bum.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2010, 06:37:00 AM »
Six weeks quit today!!! I couldn't have done it without the support from the folks on this site site. Whoever came up with "yesterday + 1" is a genius...it is exactly right. One day at a time, post roll, stay nic free, and repeat. That simple little program has been they key to kicking nic's ass for me.

Offline teaka

• Quitter
  • Interests: golf, skiing
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2010, 07:52:00 AM »
Quote from: Bean
Hey everybody,

I just found an easy way to stop putting that shit in my mouth. I simply stick each finger (thumbs too) in my ass one at a time. Then I don't wash my hands...ever. I call it The Bean Dip.

Feel free to use my knowledge for yourself. No need to thank me.
Thanks Bean! That'll help with my fingernail biting habit as well. kill 2 birds w/ one stone....
a strange game. the only winning move is not to play

Offline davenc

• Quitter
    • www.its-s.net
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2010, 07:24:00 AM »
Hey everybody,

I just found an easy way to stop putting that shit in my mouth. I simply stick each finger (thumbs too) in my ass one at a time. Then I don't wash my hands...ever. I call it The Bean Dip.

Please keep your faggotry to yourself please. Thanks!
Quit with extreme prejudice...
My orders say I'm not supposed to know where I'm taking this quit, so I don't! But one look at you and I know its gonna be hot!

QD: 07/28/2010
HOF: 11/04/2010
2nd Floor: 02/12/2011
3rd Floor: 05/23/2011
1 Year: 07/27/2011
4th Floor: 08/31/2011
5th Floor: 12/09/2011
6th Floor: 03/18/2012
7th Floor: 06/26/2012

Offline brianl

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: NOT DIPPING!!!!!Family, Friends, Concerts and supporting the Boston Teams!
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2010, 06:18:00 AM »
Hey everybody,

Sick but affective!!

Offline scooners

• Quitter
  • Interests: Snowboarding, smoking meat and cooking, watching football, camping, target shooting, bike riding, not chooing.
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2010, 09:45:00 PM »
Hey everybody,

So, we should be putting our fingers in your ass? Dude - we quit in tandem but could I use your wife?
Quit Date 10/09/2010; HOF 1/17/2011
Cancer and Death will not work on your Time Table, why work on Theirs - Quit Today.
If you fail to plan, plan to fail.
The older I get, the better I was - made an even bigger improvment the day I quit dip.
HOF Speech

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2010, 09:42:00 PM »
Hey everybody,

Offline teaka

• Quitter
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2010, 03:12:00 AM »
Quote from: AndruwJacksonTaylor
Quote from: teaka
Does anyone know how long a guy like me (20 yr dipper) has to stay quit before the risk of cancer returns to that of the general public.

I'm not caving...promise.  I'm kicking nic's ass one day at a time.  Just wanted to know when I can breathe easier.  I've heard it takes 15 years for a dipper to return to normal cancer risk levels.

If so, the next 15 years will be such a more enjoyable journey than the last 20 years...cancer-wise.
I've talked to my physician about this. Truthfully, you will always be at a slightly higher risk than someone who never used tobacco. However, the odds of getting cancer are getting dramatically better each and everyday and milestone. I have read after 15 years you are just about at the same risk as a guy who never used.

But the health benefits don't stop with Cancer. Its your friggin heart that is screaming thank you everyday you stay quit. Most of us focus on the cancer, but dipping is terrible for your heart (according to my doc). Stay quit, and you are FAR less likely to have a heart attack or stroke at an early age.

I feel 100 times better already (after 3 weeks). I swear my fingernails are healthier, my hair feels softer, my teeth whiter, my legs stronger, my endurance better, my vision better.......I could go on and on. Dip fucks with your whole body, I'm starting to realize that.
I've discussed this with a "cancer research guru" sorry I can't remember the title he told me. He gave alot of facts and figures that I don't remember. But According to him smokers can have health issues 25 years after the fact and are still at a significant risk for many years after quitting. He said if a smokeless user has no issues at the time they quit it would be unlikely for problems to arise after the 1st year. Furthermore, he said if an issue such as oral cancer came up after three years of being quit that the issue would be unrelated to smokeless tobacco. He was extremely confident in his hypothesis.

As far as the insurance part... The company will go in the hole only if having to pay the death benefit within the first year or two of premium payments. If the insured lives longer...they will at least break even or profit. That's why they only contest policies (in cases of suicide, fraud, or lying on the application) within the first year or two of the policy.
wow, I have never heard that AJT. I'm a bit skeptical, but I hope your cancer guru guy is right. That is great news for us quitters.

Offline AndruwJacksonTaylor

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family, The Andy Griffith Show, Coaching, Exercise, Penn State Football, MLB, NFL
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2010, 10:43:00 PM »
Quote from: teaka
Does anyone know how long a guy like me (20 yr dipper) has to stay quit before the risk of cancer returns to that of the general public.

I'm not caving...promise.  I'm kicking nic's ass one day at a time.  Just wanted to know when I can breathe easier.  I've heard it takes 15 years for a dipper to return to normal cancer risk levels.

If so, the next 15 years will be such a more enjoyable journey than the last 20 years...cancer-wise.
I've talked to my physician about this. Truthfully, you will always be at a slightly higher risk than someone who never used tobacco. However, the odds of getting cancer are getting dramatically better each and everyday and milestone. I have read after 15 years you are just about at the same risk as a guy who never used.

But the health benefits don't stop with Cancer. Its your friggin heart that is screaming thank you everyday you stay quit. Most of us focus on the cancer, but dipping is terrible for your heart (according to my doc). Stay quit, and you are FAR less likely to have a heart attack or stroke at an early age.

I feel 100 times better already (after 3 weeks). I swear my fingernails are healthier, my hair feels softer, my teeth whiter, my legs stronger, my endurance better, my vision better.......I could go on and on. Dip fucks with your whole body, I'm starting to realize that.
I've discussed this with a "cancer research guru" sorry I can't remember the title he told me. He gave alot of facts and figures that I don't remember. But According to him smokers can have health issues 25 years after the fact and are still at a significant risk for many years after quitting. He said if a smokeless user has no issues at the time they quit it would be unlikely for problems to arise after the 1st year. Furthermore, he said if an issue such as oral cancer came up after three years of being quit that the issue would be unrelated to smokeless tobacco. He was extremely confident in his hypothesis.

As far as the insurance part... The company will go in the hole only if having to pay the death benefit within the first year or two of premium payments. If the insured lives longer...they will at least break even or profit. That's why they only contest policies (in cases of suicide, fraud, or lying on the application) within the first year or two of the policy.
Barney Fife: The last big buy was my mom's and dad's anniversary present.
Andy Taylor: What'd ya get 'em?
Barney Fife: Septic tank.
Andy Taylor: For their anniversary?
Barney Fife: Yeah, They're awfully hard to buy for. Besides, it was something they could use. They were really thrilled. It had two tons of concrete in it. All steel reinforced.
Andy Taylor: You're a fine son, Barn.
Barney Fife: I try.

Offline teaka

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2010, 08:47:00 PM »

I'm not caving...promise. I'm kicking nic's ass one day at a time. Just wanted to know when I can breathe easier. I've heard it takes 15 years for a dipper to return to normal cancer risk levels.