Author Topic: 9-11 marks 5 Years of Freedom for me  (Read 7477 times)

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Newbie
« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2013, 09:56:00 PM »
!!!!!FUCKING OUSTANDING!!!!!!!! Thank you for a paved road.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2013, 09:56:00 PM »
Thank you for giving me hope on a day that had so much negativity! Great job

Offline 05wrxing

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Deer hunting, motorcycles, football, basketball and most of all my quit and my loving family.
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #128 on: June 06, 2013, 09:48:00 PM »
Absolutly thrilled to be quit with you today!!!
Experience is the name we give to our mistakes." Oscar Wilde

Roll call is not a daily attendance sheet, it is a daily pledge" - Boelker62

QUIT 9-13-21

Offline LionHeartedGirl

• Quitter
« Reply #127 on: June 06, 2013, 09:31:00 PM »
I'm glad I chose to quit so that I could read these words. You are awesome!
QUIT LIKE A GIRL!

Quit Date: 5/23/13
HOF: 8/30/13

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #126 on: June 06, 2013, 09:25:00 PM »
Plus one you quit stud! I'm with you today.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #125 on: June 06, 2013, 09:24:00 PM »
Today is Day 1,000. I popped off in my quit group...does this comma make my quit look big? (Wish I had come up with that...but I copied it from some other badass quitter that came before me). But everyone reading this deserves something better than a plagiarized wise-ass comment. So here goes...

I was a lying miserable shit of a husband, a father and person. I was a professional excuse-maker. I was going to end up disfigured (at best) or dead. i knew it. i was going to subject those who love me the most to years of torture and pain (see the Tom and Jenny Kern Story). but i was powerless. I had stopped many times before, but i couldn't stay quit. I always caved. Then, I found this site...and the folks on here...YOU, READING THIS NOW...have made all the difference.

You badasses have made "the comma" possible. Whether i was posting roll, encouraging newbies or getting straightened out by vets, YOU have made it possible for me to make myself a better person. What did it cost me? Nothing but my word. They just asked that I post roll and read all I could (exactly what I request of any newbie...nothing more or less).

I know that i couldn't have done this alone. I am able to control my stupid fucking addiction because of you and the One Day at a Time mentality. So, thanks...from the bottom of my heart. I truly love each and every goddam one of YOU for what you've enabled me to accomplish. Your quit brother, The Bean.

Now, if you will excuse me, I'm going to make my way to two commas. (Never been good at math).

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #124 on: September 12, 2012, 07:05:00 AM »
Awfully Good stuff Mr. Bean....Thank you for being there for ME with your words of encouragement. You have a powerful QUIT and a POWERFUL way with words.
Cheers! I quit with YOU today sir. 'bang head'
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline bis-cut

• Quitter
  • Interests: USMCWood workautomech.classic cars
« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2012, 06:27:00 AM »
Quote from: Bean
2 years ago, I came in from mowing the lawn. My son (then 3) sat in my lap. We watched some "9-11 Survivors" news show. I watched a little boy who lost his father when Tower 1 came down. He was 3 at the time. I listened as he told how difficult life had been (baseball, school, girls) without a father. Other dads tried to fill in for that little guy, but nobody could replace his dad. He went on and on. His mother spoke of "good days and bad," difficult times and trying to find the positives in all of this misery.

That man did nothing wrong. He just went to work...and never came home. It devastated his family. And here I was, sitting there on my fucking couch with a fucking dip in my lip. Like a total selfish fuck-head, I was going to sentence my own family and kids to a life of misery. Why? Because it was just soooo hard to quit. Ooh, I might get a headache. Or, I really enjoyed dipping when I drove...FUCK THAT!!! I wanted to live. I wanted to be the one who hugged my wife and taught my son to throw a baseball. I wanted to cook-out with them. I wanted to hunt  fish with my son. And so, that was it...I quit, cold turkey, right then and there.

I spit out my dip, dumped my can, and cursed it. 20+ years of dipping ended right then and there. I didn't know how I was going to do it, but I knew that I sure as shit wasn't going to kill myself and torture my family.

Then 9 sleepless, constipated, headache-filled, grouchy days later, I found this site early one morning. I read and read. These people got it. They knew more about my addiction than I did. These mother-fuckers knew what quitting was all about. Tom Kern was me. "What to Expect" was exactly right. Link after link, this shit was for real and hit the mark. These fuckers knew what quitting was all about...and they were doing it. Whether Day 1 or Day 1000, they were on here living nic free.

So, I posted roll, read all I could, I came back and did it all again. Somebody (Chewie or Greg5280) taught me the "one day at a time" mentality. That finally allowed me not to lose focus or become overwhelmed at the thought of "quitting forever." Because I learned I didn't have to...I was just quitting with these folks one day at a time. I knew I could give my word. I knew that I could keep my word if it was just for one day. And I knew I could wake up and do it all again. Holy shit...I was learning to live nic free.

But the key wasn't what I did. The key was YOU...a bunch of total strangers took a few minutes to encourage me, help and hold me accountable. And that alone has made all the difference in the world to me and my family. I want to say THANK YOU to each one of you who is beating nicotine one day at a time with me. I'm dead serious and humbled when I say that I couldn't have done this without each and every last one of you bad-ass, mother fucking, quitters!!!
Great post thanks for sharing and keeping it real
"Today I will behave like the person I want to become." - said by My Wife

Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am. Philippians 4:13

Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. Outlaw Josey Wales

The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. - Dolly Parton

A man sooner or later discovers that he is the master-gardener of his soul, the director of his life.
James Allen

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2012, 05:37:00 AM »
Quote from: Wt57
2 years ago, I came in from mowing the lawn.  My son (then 3) sat in my lap.  We watched some "9-11 Survivors" news show.  I watched a little boy who lost his father when Tower 1 came down.  He was 3 at the time.  I listened as he told how difficult life had been (baseball, school, girls) without a father.  Other dads tried to fill in for that little guy, but nobody could replace his dad.  He went on and on.  His mother spoke of "good days and bad," difficult times and trying to find the positives in all of this misery. 

That man did nothing wrong.  He just went to work...and never came home.  It devastated his family.  And here I was, sitting there on my fucking couch with a fucking dip in my lip.  Like a total selfish fuck-head, I was going to sentence my own family and kids to a life of misery.  Why? Because it was just soooo hard to quit.  Ooh, I might get a headache.  Or, I really enjoyed dipping when I drove...FUCK THAT!!!  I wanted to live.  I wanted to be the one who hugged my wife and taught my son to throw a baseball.  I wanted to cook-out with them.  I wanted to hunt  fish with my son.  And so, that was it...I quit, cold turkey, right then and there.         

I spit out my dip, dumped my can, and cursed it.  20+ years of dipping ended right then and there.  I didn't know how I was going to do it, but I knew that I sure as shit wasn't going to kill myself and torture my family. 

Then 9 sleepless, constipated, headache-filled, grouchy days later, I found this site early one morning.  I read and read.  These people got it.  They knew more about my addiction than I did.  These mother-fuckers knew what quitting was all about.  Tom Kern was me.  "What to Expect" was exactly right.  Link after link, this shit was for real and hit the mark.  These fuckers knew what quitting was all about...and they were doing it.  Whether Day 1 or Day 1000, they were on here living nic free. 

So, I posted roll, read all I could, I came back and did it all again.  Somebody (Chewie or Greg5280) taught me the "one day at a time" mentality.  That finally allowed me not to lose focus or become overwhelmed at the thought of "quitting forever."  Because I learned I didn't have to...I was just quitting with these folks one day at a time.  I knew I could give my word.  I knew that I could keep my word if it was just for one day.  And I knew I could wake up and do it all again.  Holy shit...I was learning to live nic free.       

But the key wasn't what I did.  The key was YOU...a bunch of total strangers took a few minutes to encourage me, help and hold me accountable.  And that alone has made all the difference in the world to me and my family.  I want to say THANK YOU to each one of you who is beating nicotine one day at a time with me.  I'm dead serious and humbled when I say that I couldn't have done this without each and every last one of you bad-ass, mother fucking, quitters!!!
And thank you Bean you paid forward that same help and support you received to those of us that came after you. That is one of the things that makes this work the Brotherhood!
ditto, just pay it forward like we do.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2012, 12:43:00 AM »
2 years ago, I came in from mowing the lawn. My son (then 3) sat in my lap. We watched some "9-11 Survivors" news show. I watched a little boy who lost his father when Tower 1 came down. He was 3 at the time. I listened as he told how difficult life had been (baseball, school, girls) without a father. Other dads tried to fill in for that little guy, but nobody could replace his dad. He went on and on. His mother spoke of "good days and bad," difficult times and trying to find the positives in all of this misery.

That man did nothing wrong. He just went to work...and never came home. It devastated his family. And here I was, sitting there on my fucking couch with a fucking dip in my lip. Like a total selfish fuck-head, I was going to sentence my own family and kids to a life of misery. Why? Because it was just soooo hard to quit. Ooh, I might get a headache. Or, I really enjoyed dipping when I drove...FUCK THAT!!! I wanted to live. I wanted to be the one who hugged my wife and taught my son to throw a baseball. I wanted to cook-out with them. I wanted to hunt  fish with my son. And so, that was it...I quit, cold turkey, right then and there.

I spit out my dip, dumped my can, and cursed it. 20+ years of dipping ended right then and there. I didn't know how I was going to do it, but I knew that I sure as shit wasn't going to kill myself and torture my family.

Then 9 sleepless, constipated, headache-filled, grouchy days later, I found this site early one morning. I read and read. These people got it. They knew more about my addiction than I did. These mother-fuckers knew what quitting was all about. Tom Kern was me. "What to Expect" was exactly right. Link after link, this shit was for real and hit the mark. These fuckers knew what quitting was all about...and they were doing it. Whether Day 1 or Day 1000, they were on here living nic free.

So, I posted roll, read all I could, I came back and did it all again. Somebody (Chewie or Greg5280) taught me the "one day at a time" mentality. That finally allowed me not to lose focus or become overwhelmed at the thought of "quitting forever." Because I learned I didn't have to...I was just quitting with these folks one day at a time. I knew I could give my word. I knew that I could keep my word if it was just for one day. And I knew I could wake up and do it all again. Holy shit...I was learning to live nic free.

But the key wasn't what I did. The key was YOU...a bunch of total strangers took a few minutes to encourage me, help and hold me accountable. And that alone has made all the difference in the world to me and my family. I want to say THANK YOU to each one of you who is beating nicotine one day at a time with me. I'm dead serious and humbled when I say that I couldn't have done this without each and every last one of you bad-ass, mother fucking, quitters!!!
And thank you Bean you paid forward that same help and support you received to those of us that came after you. That is one of the things that makes this work the Brotherhood!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2012, 05:04:00 PM »

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2012, 09:01:00 AM »
Quote from: Eric71
Quote from: Topper
Quote from: Bigdave
Day 718 and I woke with a vague feeling of total defeat.  Then I realized it was all a bad dream.  WTF?!!!  Almost 2 years later and that nasty bitch is still lurking around.

I suspect it was triggered by Dove season...getting my stuff ready for September 1.  Or maybe it was college football?  Those were two of my toughest times.  Whatever it was, it underscored one thing...NEVER LET YOUR GUARD DOWN.  That bitch is still lurking out there.
That's crazy...i know I'm only on day 31, but after almost every meal, especially big ones, just for a split second I think about that big ass dip I'm about to get. Then back to reality, I've probably dreamt about it 5-6 times. Yeah that whore tries to spread her legs for me all the time..but I'm rock solid son (no pun intended especially since I'm making a sexual reference to dipping). Strong like an oak (ooops) like a rock (uh), cock strong (nevermind).

Bean..you get what I was saying.
yeah ive been doing a lot of bow shoots getting ready for deer season and its truly hard no to dip when im out in the woods shooting my bow and setting up everything else that goes along with hunting and im only of day 8
Be even harder to do with cancer and no fucking jaw
Now, THAT'S a great point Eric!
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2012, 05:56:00 AM »
Quote from: Topper
Day 718 and I woke with a vague feeling of total defeat.  Then I realized it was all a bad dream.  WTF?!!!  Almost 2 years later and that nasty bitch is still lurking around.

I suspect it was triggered by Dove season...getting my stuff ready for September 1.  Or maybe it was college football?  Those were two of my toughest times.  Whatever it was, it underscored one thing...NEVER LET YOUR GUARD DOWN.  That bitch is still lurking out there.
That's crazy...i know I'm only on day 31, but after almost every meal, especially big ones, just for a split second I think about that big ass dip I'm about to get. Then back to reality, I've probably dreamt about it 5-6 times. Yeah that whore tries to spread her legs for me all the time..but I'm rock solid son (no pun intended especially since I'm making a sexual reference to dipping). Strong like an oak (ooops) like a rock (uh), cock strong (nevermind).

yeah ive been doing a lot of bow shoots getting ready for deer season and its truly hard no to dip when im out in the woods shooting my bow and setting up everything else that goes along with hunting and im only of day 8
Be even harder to do with cancer and no fucking jaw

Offline Topper Harley

• Quitter
  • Interests: Whitetail deer Hunting, Bass Fishing, Diesel trucks, Archery is my life. Love to spend time with my kids and wife. Enjoy keeping in contact with my fellow Marines Semper Fi
« Reply #117 on: August 29, 2012, 04:17:00 AM »

Offline Bigdave

• Quitter
  • Interests: Football, fishing, playing with my kids, having sex with the wife-piece, oh..and fishing
« Reply #116 on: August 28, 2012, 07:25:00 PM »
Day 718 and I woke with a vague feeling of total defeat. Then I realized it was all a bad dream. WTF?!!! Almost 2 years later and that nasty bitch is still lurking around.

I suspect it was triggered by Dove season...getting my stuff ready for September 1. Or maybe it was college football? Those were two of my toughest times. Whatever it was, it underscored one thing...NEVER LET YOUR GUARD DOWN. That bitch is still lurking out there.

Real things happen to real people, even in Disney World