Author Topic: I"m in- just found my way  (Read 31634 times)

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: I"m in- just found my way
« Reply #225 on: August 20, 2014, 10:57:00 AM »
Quote from: GDubya
Quote from: bigreddude44
Quote from: Done4Me
Quote from: THansen2413
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: mattyf118
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: B-loMatt
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: brettlees
This day and yesterday have been deusies. Deep cravings at times, fog almost all the time. I want to eat everything, and nothing satisifies. So foggy at work that nothing worthwhile is getting done, and i feel like I'd be better off taking leave. I"m crabby as heck at home and elsewhere, but doing my best to not make my family suffer, or to give in to road rage and have worse consequences. I also feel the sense of loss at times- feels like grief. Good! Maybe that means i'm processing the loss/finality of it all.
For the last week , I wake up around 3 am and don't go back to sleep. Sucks! Right now, this feels like it won't end and I"m weary of it all. It is helping me to read about others feeling the same stuff, and about those who have made it through. This fog, especially, has been so relentless that I feel like it might not ever leave. So it helps to read that it's normal and that it will leave sometime. Makes me want to hang on and ride through it.

I may not work tomorrow but will still try and post role. Not sure how to make the weekend if I am not on computer. Text someone? Feel free to PM if you have a suggestion on that.

Thanks all!
Remember this??? Never, ever again Brett!

Welcome to the 3rd floor! Congratulations and thank you for all that you do for this site!
300 is awesome! B.A.Q. for sure! Enjoy your day brother.
Congratulations on Your 3rd floor....gets much gooder here on up...I promise.
ODAAT and NAFAR
Brett, congrats on 300 today. You are my brother in quit and a great friend indeed.
Congrats Brett! Truly one of the baddest badasses of quit
Outstanding job brother! Enjoy your badass se'f today!
Nice 3 bills. Only thing better is 3 bills +1.

Quit on...
Great job Brett, proud to quit with you!
Way to be Brett. You have come so far and I have enjoyed sharing your journey with you. You have been a HUGE help to me. Enjoy today Brother. The really big day is just around the bend!
Congrats brett, 300 is big stuff.
Congrats on 3 hundred! Enjoy today!!
CONGRATS, Brett!!! Damn exciting and inspiring! Loving everything you stand for. Quit with you today, my friend! 'Cheers' 'Sing and Drink' 'band' 'dance'
Day late but congrats on 300. Just noticed your 301 on roll today.
Congrats on 300! Reading through your intro has been very helpful! You old time quitters are an inspiration to a noob quitter like me!
Hey Brotha, do you know what's better than 300 ? 301 !!! Congrats bro. I have certainly enjoyed Quitting with you. Your doing it right.
Wow I really want to thank each person who congratulated me on 300-- here and in pms and texts! The think about the milestones I notice is that they are just another day in terms of my quit, but they are an opportunity to really enjoy a feeling of support, and you all really gave me that and I appreciate it immensely. Really humbled and greatful.

I want to say to new quitters that one day at a time works- they just keep stacking up. It's the only way, really. You develop networks, skills, and alternative behaviors early in your quit, then you just keep using them to train yourself to live a clean life. The craves still come for me, but i get through them. There are even funks, but they are not like the early days-- not nearly so hard. Overall, it just keeps getting better and better being free. It's important to notice how much better it feels, many times along the way. Man, my early days of quit REALLY sucked, but i got through them one day at a time. You can too. Really. Just try it for today, then worry about tomorrow later. Never forget those early days, that's what "just one" leads to every time. Quit on!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Gdubya

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 23, 2013
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #224 on: August 19, 2014, 10:25:00 PM »
Quote from: bigreddude44
This day and yesterday have been deusies. Deep cravings at times, fog almost all the time. I want to eat everything, and nothing satisifies. So foggy at work that nothing worthwhile is getting done, and i feel like I'd be better off taking leave. I"m crabby as heck at home and elsewhere, but doing my best to not make my family suffer, or to give in to road rage and have worse consequences. I also feel the sense of loss at times- feels like grief. Good! Maybe that means i'm processing the loss/finality of it all.
For the last week , I wake up around 3 am and don't go back to sleep. Sucks! Right now, this feels like it won't end and I"m weary of it all. It is helping me to read about others feeling the same stuff, and about those who have made it through. This fog, especially, has been so relentless that I feel like it might not ever leave. So it helps to read that it's normal and that it will leave sometime. Makes me want to hang on and ride through it.

I may not work tomorrow but will still try and post role. Not sure how to make the weekend if I am not on computer. Text someone? Feel free to PM if you have a suggestion on that.

Thanks all!

Welcome to the 3rd floor! Congratulations and thank you for all that you do for this site!
ODAAT and NAFAR
Brett, congrats on 300 today. You are my brother in quit and a great friend indeed.

Quit on...
Way to be Brett. You have come so far and I have enjoyed sharing your journey with you. You have been a HUGE help to me. Enjoy today Brother. The really big day is just around the bend!
CONGRATS, Brett!!! Damn exciting and inspiring! Loving everything you stand for. Quit with you today, my friend! 'Cheers' 'Sing and Drink' 'band' 'dance'
Congrats on 300! Reading through your intro has been very helpful! You old time quitters are an inspiration to a noob quitter like me!
Hey Brotha, do you know what's better than 300 ? 301 !!! Congrats bro. I have certainly enjoyed Quitting with you. Your doing it right.

Offline bigreddude44

• Quitter
    • Runks.com
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-24
  • Interests: hunting, bowhunting, outdoors, football -Dallas Cowboys, Texas Tech Red Raiders, HSU Cowboys, working out, and QUITTING!
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #223 on: August 19, 2014, 07:10:00 PM »

Thanks all!

ODAAT and NAFAR

Quit on...
Quit date: July 24,2014
HOF date: October 31, 2014
HOF speech: You're an idiot if you still dip.

my intro

"When I am weak, He is strong!" II Corinthians 12:10

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #222 on: August 19, 2014, 01:45:00 PM »

Thanks all!

ODAAT and NAFAR

Quit on...

Offline THansen2413

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2017-03-03
  • Interests: Vikings, Gophers, Wild. Enjoy running in the warm months.
« Reply #221 on: August 18, 2014, 08:47:00 PM »

Thanks all!

ODAAT and NAFAR

Quit on...
Quitters I've met in person : Keddy, boelker62, Big Brother Jack, baitbanjo, SirDerek, Chewie, Scowick65, theo3wood, mcarmo44, MonsterEMT, Bronc, dforbes, rocketman, Lance from SD, kdip, wastepanel, quitspit, basshaug, greenspidy, 30yrAddict, btdogboy, cmark, chrisTKE1982, Jeffro Dolfie, Clampy, carlh2o, JGlav, ReWire, Chewrouski_Philly, Sranger999, walterwhite, DWEIRICK, spit cup, FranPro, ericfluck

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #220 on: August 18, 2014, 07:14:00 PM »

Thanks all!

ODAAT and NAFAR

Quit on...
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline mattyf118

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-06
« Reply #219 on: August 18, 2014, 11:05:00 AM »

Thanks all!

ODAAT and NAFAR

Quit on...
Quit Date: 09/06/13
HOF Date: 12/14/13

Caving is not an option

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #218 on: August 18, 2014, 10:59:00 AM »

Thanks all!

ODAAT and NAFAR

Quit on...

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #217 on: August 18, 2014, 10:22:00 AM »

Thanks all!

ODAAT and NAFAR

Quit on...
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #216 on: August 18, 2014, 09:32:00 AM »

Thanks all!

ODAAT and NAFAR

Quit on...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #215 on: August 18, 2014, 09:31:00 AM »

Thanks all!

ODAAT and NAFAR
3 hundo brother, way to get it done!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #214 on: August 18, 2014, 09:24:00 AM »

Thanks all!

ODAAT and NAFAR
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #213 on: August 18, 2014, 09:17:00 AM »

Thanks all!

ODAAT and NAFAR
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #212 on: August 18, 2014, 09:06:00 AM »

Thanks all!

ODAAT and NAFAR
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #211 on: August 18, 2014, 08:22:00 AM »

Thanks all!

ODAAT and NAFAR
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?