Author Topic: Worktowin's road to winning  (Read 108912 times)

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2097
Re: Day 16
« Reply #625 on: June 15, 2018, 12:51:00 AM »
Congrats on 2x the dangle w2w!!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
  • Badass Unicorn Riders of Quittin Spittin Saloon
  • Quit Date: 6/10/17
  • Likes Given: 1290
« Reply #624 on: June 12, 2018, 04:52:00 PM »
Quote from: jake
Quote from: derk40,Sep
Quote from: srans,Sep
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen,Sep
Quote from: worktowin,Sep
265 days. Time for a look back....

265 days ago I felt terrible. I slept all the time. Had no energy. Was miserable and irritable. Life was a grind... Go to work, work hard, come home, collapse, start over. Chew at every point in between when I could.

Went to the doctor in December and was told why I felt terrible. High blood pressure, out of control diabetes, high cholesterol, low t, low blood o2, too much alcohol, too much of the wrong food, and... I chewed. On December 24th I took my life back.

The first month was hell. My withdrawals were miserable, I missed the sugary desserts, the rich potatoes, the never ending booze. But mostly the kodiak. The fog blanketed me for over a month. Still, every morning at 5 I went to the gym. I maintained my diet regimen, and I kept posting roll every day. The month turned into months. I made friends on this site. I've met several of you, and my commitment strengthened.

This week at work started with a lot of change. In the end - all good change - but still change. 265 days ago I would have barricaded myself in my office and opened a can - probably 2. This week I battened down and worked through the situation. And I'll do the same next week. No complaining, no agitation or irritability, just push through it!  Control what I can control - let the rest go!

Later this week I went for a return trip to the doctor. My doctor is a young athletic type. He started laughing when he walked in. Said that he wouldnt have recognized me. Confirmed that I threw all of my meds out 3 months ago, and then told me my results were crazy excellent. Better than his own results. I've lost almost 60 lbs and gained a lot of muscle, turned every bad result to the good, stuck with the exercise and diet, but here is the thing...

None of that would have mattered if I still chewed. Here is why... In the end, that Kodiak bear ruled my life. I would have come up with an excuse to skip the gym so I could chew. And i could sneak some extra chew in the car if i drove thru mcdonalds for dinner instead of going home and making a salad. My time management was all built around maximizing my relationship with tobacco. My win this week is thanks to a pyramid of change - but my commitment to each of you every day is the base of the pyramid.

I cannot put into words to each of you that have led me, walked with me, or have given me the pleasure to walk with you thru what has been a life changing experience have done for me. Quitting has changed and saved my life.

Thank you to my ktc family--- I could not have done this without you.
Damn proud to be quit with you. I suspect it only gets better. What do you say we just keep on walking this road and see what is over that next hill.

Before we know it, those months will have turned into years, and the shackles of nicotine will be but a distant memory. It is then, that we will need each other most. In case one of us should become complacent or forget what it means to be an addict.

Enjoy your new found freedom Worktowin, but keep your quit close and keep your guard up always. Remember all the quit in the world can be given back in the blink of an eye, one bad decision, one drunken night, etc, etc,. Like they say, we are never more than a dip away from being back to a tin a day. NEVER AGAIN FOR ANY REASON. Quit with you today.

Ryan
I absolutely love posts like this. This is the kind of post that kept me going when I was in my 2nd and 3rd week (EVEN LONGER). These kind of posts let me know there were better days ahead.

I remember thinking, is It true? When will I come around this quit corner? When will the bumps subside and the turns become less frequent. When will I get my mind back. The roller coaster of quit sucks.

Then someone would put a post out there like this one. This post right here lets you know that everything does get easier. Everything does get so much better. Being quit it going to be so much better than this slave driven life that I was living....

I to, feel like work towin and got2 now and I can tell you that it is so worth it. I feel like a new person. My wife and kids see a different and better person. Everyone that knows me sees a different, but better person. I like this new person. This person is in so much more control of his life. This person is so much healthier.

If work towin and got2 don't mind, I would like to continue down this quit road with them. I sure am liking this road so much better than the last road I was on.

Glad to be quit with you gentlemen. Everyone out there early in your quit,,, It gets so much better,,,, BELIEVE IT!! Stay the course,, you WON'T be SORRY!!!!
I got to say I am damn proud to be quit with you brother! You have a lot to be proud of here at day 265. You are an inspiration and a asset to this site. I am so QLF with you today that it is not even funny!
ALL I AM GOING TO SAY IS THIS.... YOU INSPIRE ME! I FEEL LIKE I CAN RELATE TO YOU IN ALOT OF WAYS AND WHEN I THINK THINGS ARE HARD, ITS ENCOURAGING TO REMEMBER YOUR TRANSFORMATION. YOU ARE A BADASS AND IM GLAD I HAVE GOTTEN TO KNOW YOU!
I think I'm a day or two behind on posting on this, but what the hell. You inspire me. There's a lot of parallels in our early stories. Thank you for being the friend and mentor you are and for sticking around! Man you are/were me, and you inspire me.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1669
« Reply #623 on: May 28, 2018, 06:32:00 AM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: Rawls
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/20/fda-con ... ducts.html

The war on tobacco is on. I was never tough enough to chew unflavored tobacco. Every time I tried I about gagged. So.... this is good news.

Unfortunately there is a new American love affair with those douche vape pipes. More nic, more directly, easier to hide, loved my the kiddos. Fuck big tobacco for their deceitful way.
We may individually be winning a fight...
But there is a War not to be left alone.. ODAAT.
I'll stand with you wtw.
Congrats on 19... Are you responsible for your own oxygen up there.. Or does KTC supply it?
Rawls 1219
IÂ’m breathing a lot of recycled air, brother.
Try submarine life....you get to breathe recycled farts. It's a smell that never quite leaves you!

IQWYT!! and thanks for everything!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #622 on: March 21, 2018, 07:21:00 AM »
Quote from: Rawls

The war on tobacco is on. I was never tough enough to chew unflavored tobacco. Every time I tried I about gagged. So.... this is good news.

Unfortunately there is a new American love affair with those douche vape pipes. More nic, more directly, easier to hide, loved my the kiddos. Fuck big tobacco for their deceitful way.
I'll stand with you wtw.
Congrats on 19... Are you responsible for your own oxygen up there.. Or does KTC supply it?
Rawls 1219
IÂ’m breathing a lot of recycled air, brother.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #621 on: March 20, 2018, 10:44:00 PM »

I'll stand with you wtw.
Rawls 1219
I believe.....

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #620 on: March 20, 2018, 09:54:00 AM »
Quote from: Smeds
Quote from: ChristopherJ
Quote from: ChickDip
Quote from: Mike1966
Congrats on the 19th floor Mike! Awesome job!
Congrats on 1900 Michael!
So fortunate that you are still here and paying it forward daily. Thank you!
I'm late to this party - but congrats Michael on the 19th floor!
Always one of the faces of Mt. Quitmore ... to me anyway. Congrats brosef.
Late to this party but no less happy to post a congrats on 19! Most excellent!!!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #619 on: March 20, 2018, 09:06:00 AM »

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #618 on: March 19, 2018, 08:23:00 AM »
Always one of the faces of Mt. Quitmore ... to me anyway. Congrats brosef.
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline ChristopherJ

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Sept 17, 2014
  • Interests: Travel, music, sports, art,
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #617 on: March 10, 2018, 06:49:00 AM »
Don't be afraid.  You are not alone.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2097
« Reply #616 on: March 07, 2018, 09:21:00 PM »
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Mike1966

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4/18/2016
  • Likes Given: 81
« Reply #615 on: March 07, 2018, 03:51:00 PM »
Just one and you will be back where you started.
And where you started was desperately wishing
you were where you are right now.

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quit Date: 9/05/15
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #614 on: December 27, 2017, 09:49:00 AM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: JB65
Quote from: tjschu
5 years ago this morning I had my last dip. I was terrified. For 25 years nicotine had been my go to for celebrations. For sorrows. It had gotten me through arguments and celebrations.

It also had turned me into a liar. A sneaky deceitful guy that made excuses and lied to have an affair with a chopped up plant in a can. I was angry. Fat. Felt bad. On my way to an early heart attack. And I was very unhappy.

5 years ago I had no idea what I was doing. I honestly thought it would be like the other 2,000 times I’d “quit”, and it would have been if I hadn’t found this place. Every day without exception I post roll and I keep my word. Was it hard? Oh fuck yes. Is it hard? Lol... absolutely NOT. For a long time it was. Then things started to click. And quitting has made me a better husband and person.

If I can do this, you can do this. ItÂ’s Christmas Eve. Give yourself and your family the best gift ever. Get your name on roll.

Thanks to KTC for letting this guy finally win at his biggest failing!

God Bless you all.
Congrats to you Michael! Your quitting exemplifies what KTC is all about. Because for everything it has given to you, you have reached out and shared with a multitude of quitters. I am one of those guys. There is so much to celebrate on Christmas Eve - very much for you this year. Thank you!
Congrats on 5 years Michael. Your a true Bad Ass Quitter!
Congrats on your 5 years quit Michael.
Thank you for the giving if your time, self and heart here always.
So many have benefited from your giving nature.
Blessings to you and yours.
And thank you for all the support to myself and so many other quitters ❤
Congrats on 5 years quit!!! Thank you for your leadership here!
Amen to that. Thanks for blazing the trail for us. :)
ThatÂ’s pure awesome right there!

Congrats to you bro... proud to hang with you every day.
Congratulations to one badass quitter! You see W2W all over the site helping others, leading the way! Thanks for definitely helping me get where I am today
Congrats on 5 years Workin' Such a tremendous accomplishment. Be proud. Be quit. Proud to quit with you.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #613 on: December 26, 2017, 11:36:00 AM »
Quote from: AppleJack
5 years ago this morning I had my last dip. I was terrified. For 25 years nicotine had been my go to for celebrations. For sorrows. It had gotten me through arguments and celebrations.

It also had turned me into a liar. A sneaky deceitful guy that made excuses and lied to have an affair with a chopped up plant in a can. I was angry. Fat. Felt bad. On my way to an early heart attack. And I was very unhappy.

5 years ago I had no idea what I was doing. I honestly thought it would be like the other 2,000 times I’d “quit”, and it would have been if I hadn’t found this place. Every day without exception I post roll and I keep my word. Was it hard? Oh fuck yes. Is it hard? Lol... absolutely NOT. For a long time it was. Then things started to click. And quitting has made me a better husband and person.

If I can do this, you can do this. ItÂ’s Christmas Eve. Give yourself and your family the best gift ever. Get your name on roll.

God Bless you all.
Congrats to you Michael! Your quitting exemplifies what KTC is all about. Because for everything it has given to you, you have reached out and shared with a multitude of quitters. I am one of those guys. There is so much to celebrate on Christmas Eve - very much for you this year. Thank you!

Congratulations to one badass quitter! You see W2W all over the site helping others, leading the way! Thanks for definitely helping me get where I am today
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #612 on: December 26, 2017, 10:09:00 AM »

God Bless you all.

Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #611 on: December 24, 2017, 06:00:00 PM »

God Bless you all.