Author Topic: Hi my name is Gregory  (Read 10342 times)

Offline Lambo915

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-18
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hi my name is Gregory
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2014, 04:44:00 AM »
Stay the course, stay the quit. I am still new and having hard bumpy days, but I am dedicated and I QLF EDD. I quit with you.
Lambo*****915*******IOFFIO********************Full Time Quitter***********

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2014, 04:27:00 AM »
Quote from: macgregor
Hey, I'm fine. I feel great beacause of quiting - it's true. Sometimes I have some realy strong cravings and sometimes. Sometimes my mind is playing tricks with me and want to make me to use tobacco but I'm staying clean. In this week I had some bumpy days but I think that if I could work it out without a nic I can do so in the future. I'm looking forward another weekend without tobacco but today I promise not to use nic today... ODAAT
The mind games you can overcome macgregor. It sounds like a hollow promise right now... But they get much easier to deal with, and fast. Be patient and remember them vividly. The memories will help fuel some hatred of what nicotine did to you and that will help you down the road.

You are killing it one day at a time. Keep on quittin on dude.

Offline macgregor

• Quitter
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2014, 06:19:00 PM »
Hey, I'm fine. I feel great beacause of quiting - it's true. Sometimes I have some realy strong cravings and sometimes. Sometimes my mind is playing tricks with me and want to make me to use tobacco but I'm staying clean. In this week I had some bumpy days but I think that if I could work it out without a nic I can do so in the future. I'm looking forward another weekend without tobacco but today I promise not to use nic today... ODAAT

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2014, 06:06:00 AM »
Macgregor! It is your second weekend of freedom! There have been some bumpy days, but each day the light gets just a little brighter. How are things going?

Be proud of this accomplishment. The positivity will spill over to other parts of your life.

Offline macgregor

• Quitter
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2014, 06:15:00 PM »
Yes , there should be no excuses , triggers, reasons for thing like this shit. I don't want to load my face with this poison. Yesterday i have red some informations about cancer caused by smokeless tobacco and it was horrible. People who has lost their tongues, throats , jaws . I don't want be one of them so I hope I'll be clear for the rest of my life. Now i can say that I will not use tobacco today :) Thanks for your support it's good to have you by my side .

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2014, 03:25:00 PM »
Yes but I thought that it wasn't excuse but a reason, one of many reasons. But deep inside me I think that maybe you're right and It was excuse to follow my addiction
Some people call a "reason" a "trigger." Hunting = trigger. Stress = reason. Yard work = trigger. Fishing = reason.

Triggers are something that guns have. Every time you load poison in your face you are pulling a trigger.

And there is no logic (aka reason) to pull that trigger. Thus it is an excuse to follow your addiction. You are doing great, macgregor. You are getting there one day at a time. Keep it up! Proud to quit with you today.

Offline macgregor

• Quitter
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2014, 07:30:00 PM »
Yes but I thought that it wasn't excuse but a reason, one of many reasons. But deep inside me I think that maybe you're right and It was excuse to follow my addiction

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2014, 07:29:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: AppleJack
It wasn't nice week but I'm still quiting. Today I've quarelled with my ex wife, we have yelled AT each other nad after that I had a very strong craving for tobacco. Now I feel a little better but things like that remembers me how thin that line is... If I didn't quit couple od days ago, propably today I would chew half a can...
You hit that right on the head... it's a very thin line sometimes. You're doing the right things to distance yourself from that though. Stay strong bro... in case you haven't noticed... you're winning!
Sounds like you got 2 bad things out of your life! Seems kinda crazy to think that not that long ago you were choosing to let a fight with the ex give you an excuse to load your lip with a cancer causing plant. Those days are over.
Good job. You got one thing wrong with your statement. Your statement about not being a nice week.

Got a statement of my own. The way i see it. 1st thing, how long has it been since you went a whole week without the poison. 2nd question. How long has it been since you've been a whole week without because you were quit. No intention of using again?

Where you live is a long ways from my home town in Florida, but the way i see things you have made it a week without one of the most addictive drugs known to man. That's one week you haven't spent your hard earned money on something that has only done one thing for you. TAKE! That's one week you haven't used the poison as a tool to fix what it can't. The poison takes, breaks, and lies. This has been a week to be proud. A week of your life being yours.

Be proud of you accomplishment. Freedom my friend, smell it, taste it and feel it. I for one am proud of you. Suck in that dignity that belongs to you. Quit with you my friend.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2014, 05:37:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
It wasn't nice week but I'm still quiting. Today I've quarelled with my ex wife, we have yelled AT each other nad after that I had a very strong craving for tobacco. Now I feel a little better but things like that remembers me how thin that line is... If I didn't quit couple od days ago, propably today I would chew half a can...
You hit that right on the head... it's a very thin line sometimes. You're doing the right things to distance yourself from that though. Stay strong bro... in case you haven't noticed... you're winning!
Sounds like you got 2 bad things out of your life! Seems kinda crazy to think that not that long ago you were choosing to let a fight with the ex give you an excuse to load your lip with a cancer causing plant. Those days are over.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2014, 02:11:00 PM »
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline macgregor

• Quitter
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2014, 01:13:00 PM »

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2014, 06:44:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Mac - congrats on getting one if the worst, and yet the best, weeks of your life behind you! Glad to see you posted up this morning after yesterday's upgrades. You've got a strong quit building, one day at a time!
Hi Mac, You have a lot of superb quitters helping you! Your first quit week is a great thing brother. Congrats. You will have good and bad days but trust me the good days become more frequent and the bad days become farther apart. You are doing this and there are a lot of us that want you to succeed! Keep posting roll everyday, make friends that you can lean on when you need help, and study about our addiction. Knowledge is power my friend!

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2014, 05:07:00 AM »
Mac - congrats on getting one if the worst, and yet the best, weeks of your life behind you! Glad to see you posted up this morning after yesterday's upgrades. You've got a strong quit building, one day at a time!

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2014, 06:18:00 PM »
You will never have to relive day 5 again. You poisoned your brain for a long time with the most addictive substance on earth. The pain of today is very worth it. All of the people replying to you have been in your shoes. This many quitters in the same corner cheering you on can't be wrong.

We aren't.

You will never regret this. Stay strong, one day at a time.

Offline macgregor

• Quitter
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2014, 06:11:00 PM »
I saw those messages and it makes me stay strong for another day. One day at time :)