Author Topic: Hi my name is Gregory  (Read 10335 times)

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hi my name is Gregory
« Reply #158 on: August 10, 2014, 06:31:00 PM »
Greg - When I feel a crave or the desire to dip again, I imagine how the day after dipping will be for me. I would have to tell my wife, my kids, my co-workers that knew I had quit. Also my extended family and friends in my circle of life that up until now have been super proud and supportive of my quit. I eventually would have to log back into KTC. And that would be absolutely horrible. We've all seen how that plays out. I could not imagine being on the receiving end of the barrage of anger and betrayal posts from my quit month brothers. But all that pales in comparison to the toughest part of all. Looking in the mirror at yourself. Knowing what you have done. Knowing what you could have been. Knowing that you did not give it your all. Knowing that you let yourself down. It makes no sense to dip. Convince yourself of this - it is easier to stay quit. It's the right thing to do. Dip or snus is off the table, it's simply not an option.

Be strong Greg.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #157 on: August 10, 2014, 10:12:00 AM »
Quote from: macgregor
Today I'm quitting, but I feel that my addiction iż strong. And there is another thing in quiting. To yesterday I nad been thinking that my life without nic is exactly the same - maybe without one thing - the nicotine. TODAY I realized that if I want to quit forever I have to change whole my life od maybe it's big part - and it's one od the best part od my life which I shared with the nic... And it really sucks!!
I'm at 500+ and I still quit one day at a time. There is no forever,, it gives me a headache to even consider!

Now,, what part of your life was so great because of the poison? Tell me,, i would like to know. Tell me why the poison has got you thinking it is so important that there is part of your life that will never be the same because it's not there anymore. Your making me shed tears here. You got me thinking that maybe i'm starting to miss something. Hell, I might have to rethink this whole quitting thing!
NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!! F@@@ that!

You go ahead and go back if you think it's that important. As for me and the rest of these bad ass quitters, we're staying the course. We're not giving the poison one more fuuu@@@@@ing dollar. We're not giving it one more day of our lives. I don't know about you, but I was tired of the poison being number one in my life. Helllll no!!!!!!

If that's what you want,,, so be it. At day 120 you really need to evaluate things. Have you read all the information on the poison. Have you started building the hate it deserves. It doesn't deserve your want and desire. It deserves your hate.

I hate the poison. I hate it this morning and i'll hate it for lunch. I'll continue hating it at dinner. I enjoy hating it so much i'll wake up tomorrow hating it. Join me,, Quitting becomes so much easier. Start reading on Nicotine/addiction. Learn your enemy, it's clear you haven't read anything.

Best parts of your life are without the poison. GET THAT STRAIGHT RIGHT NOW!!!
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline macgregor

• Quitter
« Reply #156 on: August 10, 2014, 10:06:00 AM »
I'm going to the lake with my son now, I'll be here at evening

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #155 on: August 10, 2014, 09:53:00 AM »
Today I'm quitting, but I feel that my addiction iż strong. And there is another thing in quiting. To yesterday I nad been thinking that my life without nic is exactly the same - maybe without one thing - the nicotine. TODAY I realized that if I want to quit forever I have to change whole my life od maybe it's big part - and it's one od the best part od my life which I shared with the nic... And it really sucks!!
Skoal monster is right. You need to stop for a minute. You aren't quitting for the rest of your life. You are quitting for today.

Nicotine didn't do one good thing for you. It didn't make one thing in your life better. It was there when you had some good times, but it was along for the ride, it wasn't the cause if the goodness.

One day at a time! Quit for today. Post roll first thing, keep your word. Forget about yesterday... That is over. You won! Stop worrying about tomorrow or next Tuesday or next year... We just quit for today!

Srans is also right. No goodness comes from nicotine. Stop romanticizing it macgregor. You've come too far. These bad asses have your back. Enjoy your day of freedom.

Offline macgregor

• Quitter
« Reply #154 on: August 10, 2014, 09:39:00 AM »

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #153 on: August 10, 2014, 09:37:00 AM »
You know all the reasons you've quit. Here is a list of all the reasons to use today.

I'm sorry,, I've got nothing!!!!! 120 days and you were contemplating the use of the poison again?! Get your head out of your ass my friend!!!!! See you tomorrow at roll.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #152 on: August 10, 2014, 09:29:00 AM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Yesterday was not Easy... I was close to loose, very close
Dude. What's really going on? Are you determined to stay quit? I hope so. Come on man, stick your foot up the nic bitch's pussy with a fucking steel toe and get on with this day.

You make that pledge and you are good for today. You are quit. No more dwelling on it. Do something else.

I am quitting with you today.
Agree with grizz. Yesterday you didn't post roll first thing. Ktc rule 1.... Post roll first thing. Once your name is on roll you take caving off the table. Because you aren't a liar. Very concerned for you macgregor. This works... Just get your name in roll first thing and put one foot in front of the other. Caving at this stage of the game is incomprehensible. Letting your July brothers down is not an option.
Mac, you and I have been up and down the quit path for over 100 days, you are stronger than the nic bitch. You are July strong!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #151 on: August 10, 2014, 08:13:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Dude. What's really going on? Are you determined to stay quit? I hope so. Come on man, stick your foot up the nic bitch's pussy with a fucking steel toe and get on with this day.

You make that pledge and you are good for today. You are quit. No more dwelling on it. Do something else.

Agree with grizz. Yesterday you didn't post roll first thing. Ktc rule 1.... Post roll first thing. Once your name is on roll you take caving off the table. Because you aren't a liar. Very concerned for you macgregor. This works... Just get your name in roll first thing and put one foot in front of the other. Caving at this stage of the game is incomprehensible. Letting your July brothers down is not an option.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #150 on: August 10, 2014, 08:07:00 AM »

Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Scoot66

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #149 on: August 10, 2014, 08:02:00 AM »
I am glad to see you on roll this morning mac. that is the first step. minute by minute....hour by hour. you have the resources and the people behind you. together lets get this quit done. ill be here if you need anything. .

Offline macgregor

• Quitter
« Reply #148 on: August 10, 2014, 07:34:00 AM »

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #147 on: August 10, 2014, 06:54:00 AM »
Glad to see your name on the July roll. No matter what today brings, you will keep you word.

You had a lot of great wisdom handed to you yesterday from some bad ass quitters. One day at a time you will heal. Listen to these guys Greg. Reaching out to help a new guy in his intro... Posting in others intros... Chat... The exercise... All of this is part of the healing process.

Nice win yesterday. And today.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #146 on: August 10, 2014, 02:02:00 AM »
Quote from: Air
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: slug.go
Quote from: razd611
Got to get through today to be afriad of tomorrow. Then when you put your name on roll in the morning (assuming the sun rises again) then there will be nothing to be afraid of as you have given your word and we all know you are a man of your word, correct?

The only thing you really need to fear is not realizing and understanding the consequences of failure in your quit.

You must understand what it means if you fail.

Shake off the funk, hop in chat, or help out a guy in Nov that posted a day 1. Help him get to where you are now. It will help you in your quit.
A quote used by Gmann in November...

Let me tell you what you fuckin' need to hear......

Nicotine is addictive and you are an addict. You are all a bunch of big boys (or girls) and know what the fuck "addicitive" means. If you didn't, you wouldn't be here and wouldn't be seeking any type of assitance from anything or anyone.

It also means you absolutely can't have just "one". If you could...you wouldn't be an addict. And anyone who comes on here and says...."blah, blah, blah, I thought I could handle it", may as well have just said...."I'm a super-retarded dumbfuck with the common sense of 2 year-old. Please get me my pacifier. I can't control my own life....so just smack me in the head with a shovel when you're done changing my diaper because I'm not using my brain anyway."

The day you post day 1, is the day you quit. Period. Using tobacco now falls in the category of things you do not do anymore. Ever. Never. Period.

Do you put your dick in a light socket? No.
Do you spread dog shit on a wiener bun and eat it. No.
Do you masterbate to a picture of your mom? No.
Do you use tobacco? No.

Get it? Got it? Fuck it. You're done with it.
Man Greg... This site is awesome. You've had a bunch of bad asses be direct and honest today.

We don't focus on the past. We don't worry about tomorrow. We quit today.

Today you gave my word that I won't use nicotine. I'm proud to quit with you.
Mac.... You have to fight today harder than ever. You are quit bro. Do NOT give that back! You can do this.
I quit w/ you Mac. I know the funk that you're describing  I'm in the same boat. 120 days quit  I get the itch to go buy a can often. Today I woke up w/ a sore throat that reminded me of my dip days  it reminded me that I've come too far. You've come too far. All of July has come too far. You CANNOT throw in the towel now. Go for a run. Do whatever it takes to get your head back in the game.
No doubt that regret and anger will be the overwhelming feeling you get if you put that shit in your lip again.

Regret that you gave in and let yourself and all on this site down. And then anger that you don't magically feel "better" and that you pissed 120 days of hard work away. Even more anger will come when you realize that you now have to decide if you want to start at day 1 again or go back to being controlled by the can, something you must not have enjoyed considering you are here.

Fight throught this. I guarantee you will feel pride, strength, and relief that you beat the bitch back when she was throwing the kitchen sink at you.

We've all been here, it Fucking SUCKS. But this funk will pass and you will feel better. When you do you will be able to look back on this and use it as a learning experience. Getting through this will make your quit stronger.

As you can see you don't have to do this alone. Nobody here wants to see you fail and we are all here for you.

Use us.

You got this, bro.

Quit on...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Air Force ADDICT

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Wife & kids, mountian biking/cycling, running, surfing/body surfing... Pretty much anything outdoors.
« Reply #145 on: August 10, 2014, 01:07:00 AM »
Quote from: derk40
Got to get through today to be afriad of tomorrow. Then when you put your name on roll in the morning (assuming the sun rises again) then there will be nothing to be afraid of as you have given your word and we all know you are a man of your word, correct?

The only thing you really need to fear is not realizing and understanding the consequences of failure in your quit.

Shake off the funk, hop in chat, or help out a guy in Nov that posted a day 1. Help him get to where you are now. It will help you in your quit.

Nicotine is addictive and you are an addict. You are all a bunch of big boys (or girls) and know what the fuck "addicitive" means. If you didn't, you wouldn't be here and wouldn't be seeking any type of assitance from anything or anyone.

It also means you absolutely can't have just "one". If you could...you wouldn't be an addict. And anyone who comes on here and says...."blah, blah, blah, I thought I could handle it", may as well have just said...."I'm a super-retarded dumbfuck with the common sense of 2 year-old. Please get me my pacifier. I can't control my own life....so just smack me in the head with a shovel when you're done changing my diaper because I'm not using my brain anyway."

The day you post day 1, is the day you quit. Period. Using tobacco now falls in the category of things you do not do anymore. Ever. Never. Period.

Do you use tobacco? No.

Man Greg... This site is awesome. You've had a bunch of bad asses be direct and honest today.

Mac.... You have to fight today harder than ever. You are quit bro. Do NOT give that back! You can do this.
I quit w/ you Mac. I know the funk that you're describing  I'm in the same boat. 120 days quit  I get the itch to go buy a can often. Today I woke up w/ a sore throat that reminded me of my dip days  it reminded me that I've come too far. You've come too far. All of July has come too far. You CANNOT throw in the towel now. Go for a run. Do whatever it takes to get your head back in the game.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #144 on: August 09, 2014, 10:22:00 PM »

Do you use tobacco? No.

Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech