Author Topic: A new start  (Read 1298 times)

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A new start
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 11:42:00 AM »
Quote from: Bruce317
Quote from: Eray5
I have tried multiple times in my 5 years of dipping. But as of today i really feel that this time I can do it with god by myself, as well as the support of others who are trying to quit and those who have sucessfully quit.
Eray- I've been constipated for the last 5 days, nothing I tried worked (exlax, prune juice, got drunk one night(do not drink early in your quit)). This morning I woke up, jogged 4 miles, came home and said fuck it, I'm taking a shit this morning! And you know what, it was a glorious shit!

Point being, I set my mind to it and accomplished my goal (as sick and stupid as it was). Quitting is no different, set your mind to it, come in and post roll EVERYDAY and give your word that you will not use nic today...it's that simple brother.

So here's what you do:

Go Here!!
Learn what we do (post roll) and how we do it (everyday)

there is even a video if you hate readin (like me) Video

Now, go to 'quit groups' in the community find August'12 and post roll...should look like this- Eray5- day 1- like a motherfucking boss

Any questions? Jump into chat or PM someone. Having problems? Jump into chat, use your contacts or read the words of wisdom.
I hate wasting such a great comment on worthless POS's like this dude, didn't even last long enough to read the next reply...
Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Offline willmichaelson

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hockey, Skeet/Trap/Sporting Clays, Golf, my PS3, Lacrosse
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 02:46:00 PM »
I have tried multiple times in my 5 years of dipping. But as of today i really feel that this time I can do it with god by myself, as well as the support of others who are trying to quit and those who have sucessfully quit.
Hi Eray,

After chewing for 6 years, I'm finished with it. I caved once before, but I quit during a rough time in my life.
Today's my first day too, after an extended absence. I tried to quit two years ago as well, and I wasn't ready. I am now. Let me know if you need someone to talk to on here.
PSN: willmichaelson
XBL: willmichaelson

Offline Wedge

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 09:39:00 AM »
I think you are starting to find the glory of this site after only 1 post Eray. Plenty of people to back you up, support you, catch you, and hold you up.

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 09:31:00 AM »
Eray- I've been constipated for the last 5 days, nothing I tried worked (exlax, prune juice, got drunk one night(do not drink early in your quit)). This morning I woke up, jogged 4 miles, came home and said fuck it, I'm taking a shit this morning! And you know what, it was a glorious shit!

Point being, I set my mind to it and accomplished my goal (as sick and stupid as it was). Quitting is no different, set your mind to it, come in and post roll EVERYDAY and give your word that you will not use nic today...it's that simple brother.

So here's what you do:

Go Here!!
Learn what we do (post roll) and how we do it (everyday)

there is even a video if you hate readin (like me) Video

Now, go to 'quit groups' in the community find August'12 and post roll...should look like this- Eray5- day 1- like a motherfucking boss

Any questions? Jump into chat or PM someone. Having problems? Jump into chat, use your contacts or read the words of wisdom.
Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 09:28:00 AM »
Eray,

Welcome to KTC! We don't "try" to quit here; we do it!

Please Note: We quit cold turkey here, meaning no nic patches, gum or tobacco products.

As you may know, the central part KTC's success is posting roll call every day.
Head on over to the WELCOME CENTER (link in red at the upper left of your screen) and read all about posting roll.
Then go to the August 2012 group and get started. Don't worry about making a mistake when you post roll.
Someone will fix it for you and you'll get the hang of it quickly.

Also read everything you can under this link: KillTheCan.org.
Information is power when it comes to quitting.

The initial days of quitting suck, but your life is worth the fight!!
If you need anything else, just shout.

Offline Roadblock

• Quitter
  • Interests: I enjoy lifting weights and exercising. I also enjoy reading and many different outdoor activities. Spending time with my family is always the most enjoyable activity.
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 04:02:00 AM »
Eray, there is no doubt that you can get this shit done brother! Look, I am on day 4 right now. It took me far too long to say, I am done. I said that on the way to work (with a chew in my mouth) with the plan on not putting another one in. That night at work, I stumbled across this website. I have no idea of what I was searching for on the internet to land on KTC, however, after reading through some posts and seeing that everyone here has gone through and knows what I am going through, it was a done deal. From my first two posts, I had members giving me there numbers. The next morning I had a text from a member telling me to stay strong and that he's there for me. This is an incredible brotherhood here, and what wt57 said is completely true, we are all here for each other and the resources are here. Keep in mind though, that accountability is held to a high standard so excuses do not work here. Now get after it brother!
Quitting is for losers? Fuck that, Quitting is for the determined badass who wants to take back control of what is rightfully his. It's called life!

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 03:13:00 AM »
Eray I was where you are at tonight 41 days ago. I paced the floor deciding what I should do! ( no that is a lie I was trying to talk myself out of what I knew I needed to do.)
Finally at 1:30 am I knelt by the toilet and mourned the passing of my 38+ yr companion, as I flushed my last 3 cans of copen snuff. I did have a period of intense grief at my loss. Then like so often in the loss of a loved one I got mad at her for being so selfish. The resources for you quit are here. Pm me I'd be glad to Trade #'s. Damn battery just died
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Eray5

A new start
« on: May 11, 2012, 02:56:00 AM »