Author Topic: FuFuTheSnu - What a dumb name!  (Read 2641 times)

Offline FuFuTheSnu

• Quitter
  • Interests: Only aspartame. I love it and I wish they would put it in the drinking water because I can't get enough of it. It is better than Breaking Bad season 5, know what I'm sayin'?
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: FuFuTheSnu - What a dumb name!
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2013, 04:11:00 PM »
Day 92. At the risk of making grand, sweeping, and ill-advised statements, chewing now is just something I don’t do. It doesn’t really even cross my mind any more. I was at a BBQ on Saturday and one of the things they had set out to eat was this leafy salad - the kind that looks like there are maple leaves and birch leaves and shit in it. It’s just something I don’t eat. Other people were eating it and liking it just fine, but I figure I’m not a fucking koala bear so I don’t eat it. And no one cares and I don’t care, and that’s kind of all there is to it. And that’s a lot like what chewing has become for me. I just don’t do it. I’m not particularly offended by the sight of it, or by seeing people partake in it. It’s just, for me, I really don’t want a chew any more than I want a mouth full of Arbor Day. I’m not cured, and I occasionally have an acute craving, but it’s generally over quicker than a MN Timberwolves playoff run. Not in a million years did I think I would be sitting here on day 92, much less thinking these thoughts and saying these things. I’ve attempted quits before and made it four days, sometimes maybe five days. Once I made it four weeks. But I always caved. And deep down, I always knew I was going to cave. It was just a matter of when. But this time is much different. It’s different because I had a distraction when I needed it (jumping on here and reading shit, or hitting up chat). It’s different because I am being held accountable this time (daily roll works somehow – still don’t really know how – typing in your name and day so a bunch of strangers will spend .001 seconds reading it – but it does). It is different because I’ve seen myself in a lot of what others have written on this site (I’ve been able to relate to a lot of what has been written – the good and the bad – and that helps somehow). It’s different because maybe I actually wanted it this time. Anyway, I’m talking like it’s over. It’s never over. As heartbreaking as that might seem to someone on day 2 or 3, that’s the way it is. It’s never over. In 8 days I’ll hit the HOF, but I’m far from done. This addiction is something I live with daily. That was something I struggled with early on – just the enormity of it. I remember thinking, “I really have to quit forever?”, and struggling with how I was feeling and wondering how I was going to do this day in and day out. Well in the past sixty days or so it’s sort of turned into, “I get to quit today? And tomorrow? And the next day?” Things are much easier now, and like I said I look forward to quitting every day. It’s a hell of an accomplishment that everyone here should be damn proud of, regardless of what day you might be on. Anyway, there’s day 92 for you bitches.
So, you see, the puppy was like industry, in that they were both lost in the woods. And nobody, especially the little boy - "society" - knew where to find 'em. Except that the puppy... was a DOG. But the industry, my friends, THAT was a revolution.

Offline JRizzle

• Quitter
  • Interests: Love cattle, economics, working out, meeting new people and experiencing new things
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2013, 11:54:00 AM »
Quote from: FuFuTheSnu
Day 75 and all is (seemingly) well. I now have what science would call a �fuck-ton� of numbers representing fellow quitters on whom I can lean if necessary. Feels good to have that in my back pocket, and it has been great getting to know these guys. I will be celebrating 75 days by grilling dead animals and consuming alcohol. Also about to hit Father�s Day nicotine free � that�s another accomplishment worth celebrating. The world needs to know about KTC. This place is a literal lifesaver. Have a great weekend fellow addicts, geeks, sportos, motorheads, dweebs, dorks, sluts, buttheads and ne�er do wells. I think you�re all righteous dudes.
I heard the verdict is still out on science (Arrested Development).

Can't express how much your support has meant in the 1st week FuFu. You're one tough mofo quitter. Proud to be quit with you this weekend.
We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.

Has tobacco been so kind to you that you should leave it with regret? There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.

Come join us. Come be quit with us. Rather than slowly commit suicide, slowly regain your health. It might hurt at first, but it won't kill you. And once the birthing process is done you'll find yourself a free man. With friends. And health. And wealth. Come drink at the fountain of quit.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2013, 09:49:00 AM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Day 75 and all is (seemingly) well.  I now have what science would call a “fuck-ton” of numbers representing fellow quitters on whom I can lean if necessary.  Feels good to have that in my back pocket, and it has been great getting to know these guys.  I will be celebrating 75 days by grilling dead animals and consuming alcohol.  Also about to hit Father’s Day nicotine free – that’s another accomplishment worth celebrating.  The world needs to know about KTC.  This place is a literal lifesaver.  Have a great weekend fellow addicts, geeks, sportos, motorheads, dweebs, dorks, sluts, buttheads and ne’er do wells.  I think you’re all righteous dudes.
:)
Sometimes I think you need 'help'. Good stuff fu fu.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2013, 10:45:00 PM »
Day 75 and all is (seemingly) well. I now have what science would call a “fuck-ton” of numbers representing fellow quitters on whom I can lean if necessary. Feels good to have that in my back pocket, and it has been great getting to know these guys. I will be celebrating 75 days by grilling dead animals and consuming alcohol. Also about to hit Father’s Day nicotine free – that’s another accomplishment worth celebrating. The world needs to know about KTC. This place is a literal lifesaver. Have a great weekend fellow addicts, geeks, sportos, motorheads, dweebs, dorks, sluts, buttheads and ne’er do wells. I think you’re all righteous dudes.
:)

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2013, 08:32:00 PM »
You too FUFU get your freak on see if you can bust another lil FUFU out...you are in the PHarma culture they gotta have something you can use...lol.... I am with you Fufu I got my numbers I got my dead animals and booze. I am gonna be watching bull riding this weekend. quit w you today lil mr 3/4ths.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline FuFuTheSnu

• Quitter
  • Interests: Only aspartame. I love it and I wish they would put it in the drinking water because I can't get enough of it. It is better than Breaking Bad season 5, know what I'm sayin'?
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2013, 05:28:00 PM »
Day 75 and all is (seemingly) well. I now have what science would call a “fuck-ton” of numbers representing fellow quitters on whom I can lean if necessary. Feels good to have that in my back pocket, and it has been great getting to know these guys. I will be celebrating 75 days by grilling dead animals and consuming alcohol. Also about to hit Father’s Day nicotine free – that’s another accomplishment worth celebrating. The world needs to know about KTC. This place is a literal lifesaver. Have a great weekend fellow addicts, geeks, sportos, motorheads, dweebs, dorks, sluts, buttheads and ne’er do wells. I think you’re all righteous dudes.
So, you see, the puppy was like industry, in that they were both lost in the woods. And nobody, especially the little boy - "society" - knew where to find 'em. Except that the puppy... was a DOG. But the industry, my friends, THAT was a revolution.

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2013, 12:48:00 PM »
Quote from: CBird65
I'm on Day 71 today.  I feel fantastic and haven't really had a crave in quite a while.  Fog seems to be gone.  That said, lately I've been reading a lot of stuff from folks on this site who "hit a wall" (or something similar) in the 70's.  And I've also been reading about the various post-HOF caves that have been taking place lately.  I keep telling myself there is no way that's happening to me, but who among us can really be sure?

So, in that spirit, and with that said, I need some numbers.  I've swapped numbers with a total of two quitters (Quit and Syndrome), and thankfully I've never had to use them.  But if there is some sort of boogeyman waiting around the corner to kneecap me when I least expect it, I want to be ready.  What do I need to do to get more?  Do I need more?  How many is enough?  Is this the "easy way" of going about it?  Or should I be PM'ing people out of nowhere?  I've done that a couple times, and my success rate is low (because I come off as creepy with all the swearing and a Dr Seuss avatar?).  Right now, I feel like I'd never need to use the numbers, but who knows?  Maybe I'll be a blubbering puddle of weak-kneed vagina sauce by the end of the week.  I also want to provide support for others if possible.  Get involved, you know.  Whatever I can do.  Thanks.
My .02 on digit swapping

Start in your room but if all you're wanting to do is fill your phone book - why bother (really) the point of exchanging the numbers is to open lines of communication and deep the bond with the brotherhood here. Kind of like creating an emergency escape plan but never practicing it.

Around the 60s I sent out a pm to every active member in my group - and received about 80%

Live Chat - another good place to exchange numbers in private provided you trust the person you chatting with isn't a troll
another pair of pennies from me.

Quiting looks to be like a biorythm where there will be many ups and downs along your journey.

Yes as you approach the mystic (and fabulous) milestone of 100 days there does seem to be a late 'funk' around the 80 or so. I hit it where it was not that I wanted to dip again, it was I was just tired and was a little apathetic. So it is when you feel like this that you just need to be smart and say that in the group thread and/or on roll so that others will reach out to you.

Another is after the month hits the HOF around the 130s but that is for another time. Keep your head down and putting up the +1s. You are doing great.

Offline FuFuTheSnu

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2013, 12:46:00 PM »
Thanks Jake. Thanks CBird. Yeah I was actually thinking it'd be ideal to get July 2013'ers (not that any one is better than another, but it is my group after all), so you're probably right - PM'ing those bastards is probably a better first move. One way or another, I refuse to be left without options when/if the shit hits the fan. Thanks.

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 12:34:00 PM »
I'm on Day 71 today. I feel fantastic and haven't really had a crave in quite a while. Fog seems to be gone. That said, lately I've been reading a lot of stuff from folks on this site who "hit a wall" (or something similar) in the 70's. And I've also been reading about the various post-HOF caves that have been taking place lately. I keep telling myself there is no way that's happening to me, but who among us can really be sure?

So, in that spirit, and with that said, I need some numbers. I've swapped numbers with a total of two quitters (Quit and Syndrome), and thankfully I've never had to use them. But if there is some sort of boogeyman waiting around the corner to kneecap me when I least expect it, I want to be ready. What do I need to do to get more? Do I need more? How many is enough? Is this the "easy way" of going about it? Or should I be PM'ing people out of nowhere? I've done that a couple times, and my success rate is low (because I come off as creepy with all the swearing and a Dr Seuss avatar?). Right now, I feel like I'd never need to use the numbers, but who knows? Maybe I'll be a blubbering puddle of weak-kneed vagina sauce by the end of the week. I also want to provide support for others if possible. Get involved, you know. Whatever I can do. Thanks.
My .02 on digit swapping

Start in your room but if all you're wanting to do is fill your phone book - why bother (really) the point of exchanging the numbers is to open lines of communication and deep the bond with the brotherhood here. Kind of like creating an emergency escape plan but never practicing it.

Around the 60s I sent out a pm to every active member in my group - and received about 80%

Live Chat - another good place to exchange numbers in private provided you trust the person you chatting with isn't a troll
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2013, 12:28:00 PM »
I'm on Day 71 today. I feel fantastic and haven't really had a crave in quite a while. Fog seems to be gone. That said, lately I've been reading a lot of stuff from folks on this site who "hit a wall" (or something similar) in the 70's. And I've also been reading about the various post-HOF caves that have been taking place lately. I keep telling myself there is no way that's happening to me, but who among us can really be sure?

So, in that spirit, and with that said, I need some numbers. I've swapped numbers with a total of two quitters (Quit and Syndrome), and thankfully I've never had to use them. But if there is some sort of boogeyman waiting around the corner to kneecap me when I least expect it, I want to be ready. What do I need to do to get more? Do I need more? How many is enough? Is this the "easy way" of going about it? Or should I be PM'ing people out of nowhere? I've done that a couple times, and my success rate is low (because I come off as creepy with all the swearing and a Dr Seuss avatar?). Right now, I feel like I'd never need to use the numbers, but who knows? Maybe I'll be a blubbering puddle of weak-kneed vagina sauce by the end of the week. I also want to provide support for others if possible. Get involved, you know. Whatever I can do. Thanks.
I just sent you my number in a PM. Use it. 2 Numbers def are not enough. What if both those people are unable to answer a call or text. Get a lot! Glad to see you being proactive!

Offline FuFuTheSnu

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2013, 12:21:00 PM »

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2013, 10:13:00 AM »
Quote from: omahaflyer
If somebody says that trash talk ran them off, then I believe they were just searching for an excuse and weren't ready to quit. We addicts are pretty good at excuses, you know.
Completely agree.
Take what you need and leave the rest."
A nice mantra to live by on this site.
I'll take the quit and leave the nicotine. That's what Ktc offers.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline omahaflyer

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3 Jan 2013
  • Interests: fish golf baseball
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2013, 09:59:00 AM »
If somebody says that trash talk ran them off, then I believe they were just searching for an excuse and weren't ready to quit. We addicts are pretty good at excuses, you know.
Completely agree.
Take what you need and leave the rest."
A nice mantra to live by on this site.
Memorial Stadium

Southeast: "In Commemoration of the men of Nebraska who served and fell in the Nation's Wars."
Southwest: "Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory."
Northwest: "Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."
Northeast: "Their Lives they held their country's trust; They kept its faith; They died its heroes."

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2013, 07:41:00 AM »
Quote from: Wt57
Just wanted to follow up on day 25...  The last three days have been worse than the preceding 22. Major craves for some reason, but Jakes Mint is pulling me through. I know others have made this claim, but, is it possible that coming to this site every day somehow keeps chew and chewing in the front of my mind and makes the cravings more frequent?  Like, if I never came here, would I just stop thinking about chewing and eventually just "forget" I ever liked Skoal?  I guess I doubt it. Doesn't seem like that's how addiction works. But the mind games, man, they're sinister. But for every thought I have like that, I probably have three or four thoughts saying things like, "Why would you go back to something so dangerous? Where's the upside? Why did you do it I the first place?  What was so great about it, and what, specifically, do you think you're missing out on now?"  Those are not thoughts I had during other (failed) quit attempts, and I know it's the KTC connection that is making that happen, and those thoughts are helping to keep me clean. So, I guess I'm sort of answering my own questions here. Anyway, just wanted to get that in writing and off my chest. It'll be nice to read this on day 100, 500, etc and remember what this was like.

Hey by the way, are there any members on this site that don't have a strong opinion on the 2nd amendment?  :)  I gotta stay outta the politics threads - guns are blazin'.
Fufu I had a fellow quitter that quit posting because he thought the same thing, about a month later he texted me that he caved. Another great quitter texted me that he was done posting and about a week later he was back posting with bad cravings. Do what works. Both of those examples were post HOF.
"Why would you go back to something so dangerous?"
Why does a dog eat his puke?
"Take what you need and leave the rest."

Those are wise words from the guys that started this place. I'm like you. All that ranting and raging over in those threads damages my calm. There are a few guys here that live for that, apparently. Not me. Even though I have VERY strong opinions about pretty much everything they're discussing, I realize that a virtual screaming match will accomplish nothing other than raise my blood pressure and render me completely unproductive for the day. I steer clear. That's not why I'm here. I am here to QUIT and to help others QUIT. My problem with some of those guys is that it seems like they try to turn EVERY conversation into a political rant. If I see that happening, I stop reading and go elsewhere. There is not battle to be won or lost here. The mods/admins will steer them back on topic if needed.

I don't think I've ever posted my thoughts on that before. Why? Because this place allows a lot of freedom, and I like that. Posting support and lending assistance keeps me quit. For those guys, that ranting and arguing is what draws them back here. With that said, it keeps them quit. KTC offers something for everybody. If somebody says that trash talk ran them off, then I believe they were just searching for an excuse and weren't ready to quit. We addicts are pretty good at excuses, you know.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2013, 12:54:00 AM »
Just wanted to follow up on day 25... The last three days have been worse than the preceding 22. Major craves for some reason, but Jakes Mint is pulling me through. I know others have made this claim, but, is it possible that coming to this site every day somehow keeps chew and chewing in the front of my mind and makes the cravings more frequent? Like, if I never came here, would I just stop thinking about chewing and eventually just "forget" I ever liked Skoal? I guess I doubt it. Doesn't seem like that's how addiction works. But the mind games, man, they're sinister. But for every thought I have like that, I probably have three or four thoughts saying things like, "Why would you go back to something so dangerous? Where's the upside? Why did you do it I the first place? What was so great about it, and what, specifically, do you think you're missing out on now?" Those are not thoughts I had during other (failed) quit attempts, and I know it's the KTC connection that is making that happen, and those thoughts are helping to keep me clean. So, I guess I'm sort of answering my own questions here. Anyway, just wanted to get that in writing and off my chest. It'll be nice to read this on day 100, 500, etc and remember what this was like.

Hey by the way, are there any members on this site that don't have a strong opinion on the 2nd amendment? :) I gotta stay outta the politics threads - guns are blazin'.
Fufu I had a fellow quitter that quit posting because he thought the same thing, about a month later he texted me that he caved. Another great quitter texted me that he was done posting and about a week later he was back posting with bad cravings. Do what works. Both of those examples were post HOF.
"Why would you go back to something so dangerous?"

Why does a dog eat his puke?
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda