Author Topic: Happy to be a Quitter!!  (Read 2288 times)

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: Happy to be a Quitter!!
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 12:00:00 AM »
Quote from: Don
Hey everyone - my name is Don. For you future June HOF'ers, I'm the one who is totally illiterate when I'm posting roll. I think I already wrote an introduction but was emailed that it went into somebody else's personal intro. I assure you I am no dummy with computers...maybe its the fog or the out-of-body experience I had on days 2 and 3. Either way, I'm catching-on how to navigate through this site. So forgive me if you see one of my posts on your personal space. I mean nothing by it!

Where do I begin...I have been chewing for nearly 40 years, quitting only a few times. Like many (if not all) of you, I really LIKED chewing. But it took me a long time to realize that I don't like being controlled by my can...always making sure I had enough; trying to hide it; panicking when I had no place to carry it. Well I'm done with that - on my terms. Nobody told me to quit - I'm just sick of it and the person I became. I'm currently on day 6 and it is starting to become a little better. I like how things are done here...I can't promise for tomorrow but I will promise for today. I'm going to really give this everything I have.
Welcome Don,
My friend we all loved are dip! Remember those words ,come back after this battle you're gonna have with this nic bitch and tell me you still love her. I'm on day 65 quit! Dipped 38 years! I hate everything about dip! I missed alot of my kids lives thanks to her! My mind is clearing up! Short term memory coming back! My breathe don't smell like someone took a shit in my mouth while I was a sleep! I'm sorry I could go on and on but I think you get the picture! Better learn to hate her she's badass and you better stay ahead of her! Post roll EDD! ODAAT! I'm here edd! Pm call text let me help! If you need any
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 10:53:00 PM »
I can't promise for tomorrow but I will promise for today.
Don, that quote above from your post is one of the most important centerpieces of quitting. Very few truly get that from the get go and I just wanted to point it out and reinforce it for you. I don't think you could have said it any better.

Post roll every day, that is your promise and do it one day at a time (ODAAT). We'll all do the same with you.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 08:24:00 PM »
Ata boy Don.
You are figuring it out.
Congrats on day 6 and figuring out roll...
More than most can do during the Fog. It will lift.. Your brain hasn't had it this good in a while.. It's just a little excited. Glad you are too.
I quit with you EDD ODAAT.
Rawls
I believe.....

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 08:06:00 PM »
Hey everyone - my name is Don. For you future June HOF'ers, I'm the one who is totally illiterate when I'm posting roll. I think I already wrote an introduction but was emailed that it went into somebody else's personal intro. I assure you I am no dummy with computers...maybe its the fog or the out-of-body experience I had on days 2 and 3. Either way, I'm catching-on how to navigate through this site. So forgive me if you see one of my posts on your personal space. I mean nothing by it!

Where do I begin...I have been chewing for nearly 40 years, quitting only a few times. Like many (if not all) of you, I really LIKED chewing. But it took me a long time to realize that I don't like being controlled by my can...always making sure I had enough; trying to hide it; panicking when I had no place to carry it. Well I'm done with that - on my terms. Nobody told me to quit - I'm just sick of it and the person I became. I'm currently on day 6 and it is starting to become a little better. I like how things are done here...I can't promise for tomorrow but I will promise for today. I'm going to really give this everything I have.
Welcome aboard Don. You posted perfectly. One day at a time you are going to find a freedom that you forgot existed. The beginning sucks, if it didn't everyone would quit. Only winners quit - and you are part of a great family at Ktc.

Dude I fucked up roll for a month at the beginning. Someone will fix it and you'll figure it out. Just make sure your name is on there yu are a man of your word don, so be sure to give it daily. You can do this. If done weak dude like me can, I know you can.

If I can help let me know.

Offline Don

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-02-25
  • Likes Given: 0
Happy to be a Quitter!!
« on: March 02, 2015, 07:54:00 PM »