Author Topic: Quitting after the 24th  (Read 5467 times)

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Quitting after the 24th
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2014, 12:50:00 AM »
COME BACK WHEN YOU'RE QUIT. UNTIL THEN JUST STFU AND DO WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO DO.

Fuck, I'm no doctor. If yours told you to do whatever, Fucking do it and come back when you're 100% nicotine free.

We will still be here. You can bet your ass on that.

Good luck...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2014, 09:38:00 PM »
Quote from: Thomas79
Quote from: Evil_Won
Enough of your nonsense. KTC is for quiters that QUIT COLD TURKEY. Man up, quit cold turkey, and get your name on roll every day, or take your bullshit elsewhere. You are not how we roll here. GTFO now 'Finger'.

Vacuous cretin; I would be signing on from the hospital. I'll be at your roll call.
quitsmokeless.org may be a better fit for you. A more subtle approach for people in your situation. At KTC it is Cold Turkey 100%. That's just the way it is.

Offline Thomas79

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-17
  • Interests: Video games........Guns............Breasts............
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2014, 09:35:00 PM »
Enough of your nonsense. KTC is for quiters that QUIT COLD TURKEY. Man up, quit cold turkey, and get your name on roll every day, or take your bullshit elsewhere. You are not how we roll here. GTFO now 'Finger'.

Vacuous cretin; I would be signing on from the hospital. I'll be at your roll call.
Nicotine............go F*** yourself!

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2014, 09:34:00 PM »
I was going to tell Thomas, when you are 100% quit come back. Until then.....bye bye.

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2014, 09:03:00 PM »
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline Thomas79

• Quitter
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2014, 03:33:00 PM »
I have spoken to my doctor(thankfully she could be reached on Saturday), and have been given all the tools needed to begin the struggleÂ…..I am glad I waited; it turns out nicotine makes me hyper metabolize one of the drugs I take; consequently; I actually needed to REDUCE my dose. Had I went cold turkey, the medication dose would be far more potent, with rapidly increased toxicity.

I was tempted to get pretty pissed at being slammed for my decision, but then I realized I would have chalked it up as another justifying excuse had the roles been reversed.....

The drug has a half-life of 20 hours; double that time and the reduced level will be in my system. My doc told me to start the reduced dose tomorrow, it will be in full effect by Tuesday and wait one more day to adjust.......Wednesday is the day.

This is how it's going to be done for me-the safe way. If you are still willing to help me, I will appreciate it(the accountability aspect is HIGHLY effective for me); if not, I will do it regardless.

I fully concede you guys are the pros-you have quit for a lifetime, not just a year like I did. I also fully concede I was appropriately bitch-slapped on using bipolar as an excuse. Both my doctor and the literature she provided a link to, show the positive effects of nicotine are COMPLETELY outclassed by the benefits of quitting. Reading back, I realized I sounded like another fucktard junkie, who was just making excuses.....

I have managed mental problems since I was 11; I am also in the medical field. When it comes to recognizing the safety of drug interactions/changing doses......I know what I am doing-and my doctor even more so.

When it comes to recognizing I need to extract my head from my ass, YOU guys know what you're doing. You also know how to help junkies, and recognize excuses. I still ask for your help, but I WILL NOT post my day 1 until Wednesday.

I have already done enough mind altering with nicotine to risk doing irreversible damage with other drugs...

Thomas

PS: The good thing is, I now have a link with info detailing instructions on how people with conditions like myself can stop using nicotine as a vice.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2014, 07:23:00 AM »
Now your talking to a doctor on Monday? Geez laweez.

Thomas,, You are not special. There is almost 20,000 quitters that have used this site to quit. Your not the first with a Bi-polar disorder. Your not the first to come up with excuse after excuse. We've heard them all before. I've seen people come here with just about every ailment and problem you can imagine. As you have found, Bi-polar has not bought you a pass. As a matter of fact, it has aided in our conclusion you need to quit like fu@@! The only thing that makes you special is the fact your still using and we aren't. Come back when you want to take your life back. We'll be here,, Quit like fu@@!
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Bombero

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-25
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2014, 03:07:00 AM »
I've never been accused of being gentle or tolerant or whatever, so just know going into this that I understand there are other issues and I have no idea how to help there. Go see a professional if you have any issues.

That being said, Nicotine is evil. Period. You will never convince me (or, I suspect, any other quitter on this site) otherwise. I don't care if you think it is just the delivery system that's the problem or not - I've tried literally every "nicotine delivery system" I could find - cigarettes, cigars, chew, dip, snuff, lozenges, patches, gum - and they all just delayed use of some tobacco. So, if the delivery system is what kills you, and no NRT kept me off tobacco, and tobacco is what actually kills you, then it still fails. Nevermind that the nic in one cig is sufficient to kill an adult male, or that nic has been used as a pesticide, or that you came to a site who extols the virtues of quitting nicotine cold turkey.

If you disagree, please move on. I can tell from how you word your sentences that you are both intelligent and educated; you should recognize that this is not the appropriate place or forum to air your difference of opinion - our standard is EASILY discernible and you came to us. If you don't like the method, feel free to browse on.

If you are not on the Sept14 Roll tomorrow, you're a troll and therefore wasting our time. This is not an intellectual endeavor, but a visceral struggle against a VERY real addiction. Take your dump or get off the pot - here is Your Quit Group, should you actually be serious, and here is how to post roll, including this short video. If you are serious, I suggest you start here, at the welcome center.

To be brutally blunt and a generally horrible person - either post your day one or kindly move along. If you are worried about your narcs, figure that out and then come back and post - either way, your next post should be a Day 1.
I was a ninja dipper, but I will have a berserker quit - Here's some encouragement

NEVER Ring the Bell! Watch this. It will change your life.

When a crave hits watch this.

"Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be Kind Always."

?Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good. ? ~ Vince Lombardi

"We all have our own demons that we face on a day to day basis. Some we can talk to others about. Some that we have to work through on our own. ...the nic bitch continues to knock on the doors my friends. Stay strong, stay vigilant." - Fireheeler; 6/11/14 in AUG14

Never cured, but quitting like this

What cost is too high?

Addict Life

Offline Thomas79

• Quitter
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2014, 12:14:00 AM »
Quote from: Chargers
Thomas nicotine is an amazing survivor. She makes people believe quitting will actually harm them when only benefits them, and in your case, I highly suspect nicotine is preventing you from thinking clearly about your addiction. For example, you caved the last time you stopped because you experienced problems with your bi-polar disorder during withdrawal; however, you are currently on medication to treat the bi-polar as opposed to treating bi-polar exclusively with nicotine. Therefore, you won't likely experience problems with your bi-polar disorder because you are currently taking medication to treat the symptoms.

Although it's possible the absence of nicotine will affect your bi-polar meds you need to take responsibility for this possibility asap. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE 24TH TO SPEAK WITH A DOCTOR. Call the clinic immediately and ask to speak with any doctor about what effects, if any, the absence of nicotine will have on your bi-polar meds. You can't wait any longer because the longer you wait the more time you allow nicotine to convince you no problem exists.

I'm glad you are taking responsibility for treating your bi-polar disorder but now its time to take responsibility for your other mental illness -- nicotine addiction.
Charger Thank you for that response......very well put. I think you are probably correct-in fact, I am sure my thinking is deluded by the drug. I will make that phone call Monday morning in fact. I don't think nicotine withdraw will effect how the meds are working-I just want to know if I should up my dose to compensate. That question can be answered via phone too.

Fact is-I switched off of snuff because of the health risks, not because I wanted to.
Fact is-This is the first time I have seriously planned quitting snus(I half ass attempted once).
I am not worried about any health risks now, I simply want to do it. If I have to sedate myself with Haldol and sit here like a vegetable, I will......

Nothing will stop me this time.......I will make that call Monday morning.

Offline Chargers

• Quitter
  • Interests: Badass Quitting!!!
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2014, 11:26:00 PM »
Thomas nicotine is an amazing survivor. She makes people believe quitting will actually harm them when only benefits them, and in your case, I highly suspect nicotine is preventing you from thinking clearly about your addiction. For example, you caved the last time you stopped because you experienced problems with your bi-polar disorder during withdrawal; however, you are currently on medication to treat the bi-polar as opposed to treating bi-polar exclusively with nicotine. Therefore, you won't likely experience problems with your bi-polar disorder because you are currently taking medication to treat the symptoms.

Although it's possible the absence of nicotine will affect your bi-polar meds you need to take responsibility for this possibility asap. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE 24TH TO SPEAK WITH A DOCTOR. Call the clinic immediately and ask to speak with any doctor about what effects, if any, the absence of nicotine will have on your bi-polar meds. You can't wait any longer because the longer you wait the more time you allow nicotine to convince you no problem exists.

I'm glad you are taking responsibility for treating your bi-polar disorder but now its time to take responsibility for your other mental illness -- nicotine addiction.

Offline Thomas79

• Quitter
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2014, 11:19:00 PM »
You all doubt my sincerity; rightfully so. I have been guilty of "planning" in the past. Fair enough-my next post will be my day one post.
Thank you all for your brutal honesty and constructive criticism.

See you all soon;
Thomas

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2014, 10:01:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: AppleJack
Steakbomb18 I never said it was the delivery system that was what made it the most addictive, but there are chemicals in cigarettes and dip that intensify the effect of nicotine-fact. I was talking about the harm, but that's besides the point-you're right, its asinine to argue about the harm level.....and completely besides the point. Clearly, I don't have it all figured out, I just know what made me fail last time. I don't plan on "weeing" anything by the way-though I personally know many people who quit for a lifetime by weening.

duathman I was not asking for medical advice from the board. All I wanted to know was if anyone here had bipolar too, and how they dealt with quitting. I was explaining why I was waiting till the 24th. I'm hardly justifying anything, but is nescessary for people like me to do things the right way. The average Joe blow doesn't have to worry about the side effects of removing a drug that has mood controlling effects......I do. If I dump it cold turkey without doing it correctly, I will fail-and I know it.

People have mentioned the mind altering effects and the grip nicotine has one people....that's true, and it's going to be that much more intensified because of underlying problems. This is exactly why I will talk to my doc on the 24th, order what I need to for "fixations" and get my shit in one sock now, not impulsively tossing it, which no doubt does work well for some people.

J2thaZ Point taken, thank you for the reply.

CavMan83 Thank you! Congrats on the quitting. Thank you for the links. I realize I was pretty much wasting my time talking about the harm of the drug vs the tobacco etc.-it's really irrelevent. You're correct about coming to the board with people that have experience; they are the ones that know what they're talking about.
Good God!
Just quit already! It's pretty damn simple! Quit!!!!
Stop talking. Stop rationalizing. Stop using a condition as an excuse.

Do you wanna be free?
Follow our path.
It's well trod and... It leads to the right place.

Do you think that almost all of us might have set a 24th date, or a 10th date, or a Christmas, birthday, hallys comet, day of the rapture... Dude I planned thousands of quits. Almost every day. You are now in a place where no one judges. Where we know the first few days you are gonna be jacked. We get it. I don't care if you are tripolar or have twelve toes.... Quitting is still the answer. You've taken the first step. You have guys with days, with weeks, with months, and with years of quit under their belt. And every one of us is telling you the same thing. Shut up. Throw the shit out. And get on this site and use it to get you thru the tough patches.

Self medication? Nicotine use is great to manage the effects of nicotine withdrawal. That's it. It doesn't make you smarter. Or more handsome to hot chix. It doesn't make you play video games better. Or succeed at your job. It does keep the withdrawal at bay until it starts up again. No more. It is a circular function with a cancerous and expensive twist.

Listen to these guys. They are typing to you on Friday night because they know of what they speak. Jump in. The only thing you have to lose is your enslavement.
Don't know why you posted that you are gonna quit on the 24th. You are wasting everyone's time with that garbage. Future promises of quitting mean nothing here. We quit today and today only.

If you don't listen to us by dumping your stash and quitting today.... Then hit the road and come back when ur ready. We don't need your BS future promise.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2014, 09:41:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Steakbomb18 I never said it was the delivery system that was what made it the most addictive, but there are chemicals in cigarettes and dip that intensify the effect of nicotine-fact. I was talking about the harm, but that's besides the point-you're right, its asinine to argue about the harm level.....and completely besides the point. Clearly, I don't have it all figured out, I just know what made me fail last time. I don't plan on "weeing" anything by the way-though I personally know many people who quit for a lifetime by weening.

duathman I was not asking for medical advice from the board. All I wanted to know was if anyone here had bipolar too, and how they dealt with quitting. I was explaining why I was waiting till the 24th. I'm hardly justifying anything, but is nescessary for people like me to do things the right way. The average Joe blow doesn't have to worry about the side effects of removing a drug that has mood controlling effects......I do. If I dump it cold turkey without doing it correctly, I will fail-and I know it.

People have mentioned the mind altering effects and the grip nicotine has one people....that's true, and it's going to be that much more intensified because of underlying problems. This is exactly why I will talk to my doc on the 24th, order what I need to for "fixations" and get my shit in one sock now, not impulsively tossing it, which no doubt does work well for some people.

CavMan83 Thank you! Congrats on the quitting. Thank you for the links. I realize I was pretty much wasting my time talking about the harm of the drug vs the tobacco etc.-it's really irrelevent. You're correct about coming to the board with people that have experience; they are the ones that know what they're talking about.
Good God!

Do you wanna be free?
Follow our path.

Do you think that almost all of us might have set a 24th date, or a 10th date, or a Christmas, birthday, hallys comet, day of the rapture... Dude I planned thousands of quits. Almost every day. You are now in a place where no one judges. Where we know the first few days you are gonna be jacked. We get it. I don't care if you are tripolar or have twelve toes.... Quitting is still the answer. You've taken the first step. You have guys with days, with weeks, with months, and with years of quit under their belt. And every one of us is telling you the same thing. Shut up. Throw the shit out. And get on this site and use it to get you thru the tough patches.

Self medication? Nicotine use is great to manage the effects of nicotine withdrawal. That's it. It doesn't make you smarter. Or more handsome to hot chix. It doesn't make you play video games better. Or succeed at your job. It does keep the withdrawal at bay until it starts up again. No more. It is a circular function with a cancerous and expensive twist.

Listen to these guys. They are typing to you on Friday night because they know of what they speak. Jump in. The only thing you have to lose is your enslavement.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2014, 09:01:00 PM »

Good God!

Do you wanna be free?
Follow our path.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2014, 07:49:00 PM »

I don't want to even talk to you Thomas. I would like to talk to your master if you don't mind. If you do, to bad your not in control of crap.

Poison, i hate you. I hope my friend here sees you for what you really are sooner than later. I hope he eventually sees that you have done nothing but take from him. I hope he realizes one day you will take until there is nothing left. I hope he realizes that in time you could take his tongue, throat and even life. I hope that one day my friend takes his life back.

Thomas, wake the fu. Dig deep. Who do you think we are anyways?You might be fooled, but we aren't. We know the truth. As you were.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.