Author Topic: Accountability 201  (Read 13317 times)

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Accountability 201
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2014, 01:28:00 AM »
3 bills. Nice work!!!!!

'assman'
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2014, 01:21:00 AM »
My July sister!
Hitting 300. Awesome.
Can't tell you how proud I am of you. You've dragged yourself through some stuff the last 300 days and fought every step of the way. You've battled for this quit of yours. I'll stand next to you every damn day. Rock on...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline 2mch2lv4

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 11:36:00 AM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 05:27:00 PM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: 2mch2lv4
I'm very proud of you girl... You've come a long way! Leave the past behind you where it belongs and push forward. You are a bad ass quitter and have a lot to offer any of our brothers and sisters here. I'm here for you if you need me, just a call, text or Facebook message away!
This should cheer you up...
:channing:
'hit it' ^^^^
Why yes, I will have what Cowgirl is having! Hang in there Cowgirl!
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 04:57:00 PM »
Quote from: 2mch2lv4
I'm very proud of you girl... You've come a long way! Leave the past behind you where it belongs and push forward. You are a bad ass quitter and have a lot to offer any of our brothers and sisters here. I'm here for you if you need me, just a call, text or Facebook message away!
'hit it' ^^^^
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline 2mch2lv4

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 02:39:00 PM »

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 09:42:00 PM »
Quote from: racetrackcowgirl
Day 293 and the cravings have been considerable harder the last week or so.....just getting back down to the basics and reaching out.

It's been a long time and a lot of drama, misunderstanding and resentments which is why i haven't reached out earlier but this is bigger than me and any risk of having to re-live those days of early and niave thinking have to be faced head on.  Besides, those of us involved have all moved on and grown from it.

I have to keep moving forward but damn my feet just feel stuck!  'bang head'
Nice to hear from you again, and I can relate to the way you feel. 293 days...seems like you should have this thing licked, but you're frustrated that you still struggle. I feel you, but I think you need to take a step back and look big picture.

Stupid analogy...

For the past 293 days you've been engaged in a massive game of tug of war with dipbacotine ( I made that word up, it's a combo of dip, tobacco and nicotine).

You've been tugging on that rope so hard to keep yourself out of that pit of mud that your arms feel like jello, your legs are on fire, you hands are blistered and full of rope burn, and your sick of it. Your sick of trying so hard, but you're afraid of being pulled back into the pit of addiction.

Let go of the rope.

By letting go of the rope you don't "lose", you don't end up in the pit, you just finally realize that you don't have to play tug of war anymore, like you did in the beginning. In the beginning you had to tug that som bitch with all your might just to stay afloat.

It's been 293 days now. You're not cured (none of us are) and you might still have to play some games with dibacotine, but tug of war shouldn't be the game of choice anymore. You're beyond that. You did all the pulling you needed for close to a year now.

Time to take a step back a think about all the things you have learned here and all the good things you have done. Time to let go of all the "heaviness". It's time to quit smarter, not harder.

You are probably thinking "fuck you asshole, I feel like shit" and I get that, but I bet if you realllly think about it, you don't feel nearly as bad as you did in the beginning, and I bet if you think even harder, you know what it will take to get back to feeling good again.

It won't be going back to using brute strength to pull on that beat up and tattered rope, anymore. It will simply take some brain power to figure out how to wiggle those little feet loose and get them UNstuck. You got the tools, so use them. It's a lot easier than playing tug of war.

I know you got this.

Quit on...
Hey old friend! I'm glad to see you. I completely understand. I let that rope go awhile back - it's just like it popped back to kick my ass for a minute. I just needed to go back to my tools like you said!

It worked too! Today I stayed clean and clear of nic and it's all because you all stepped up and helped stand me back up.

Thanks and it's been far too long because i've gotten way too excited to hear (read) from some of you i've missed for so long and haven't seen in chat!
:D
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline racetrackcowgirl

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 09:21:00 PM »
Day 293 and the cravings have been considerable harder the last week or so.....just getting back down to the basics and reaching out.

It's been a long time and a lot of drama, misunderstanding and resentments which is why i haven't reached out earlier but this is bigger than me and any risk of having to re-live those days of early and niave thinking have to be faced head on.  Besides, those of us involved have all moved on and grown from it.

Nice to hear from you again, and I can relate to the way you feel. 293 days...seems like you should have this thing licked, but you're frustrated that you still struggle. I feel you, but I think you need to take a step back and look big picture.

Stupid analogy...

For the past 293 days you've been engaged in a massive game of tug of war with dipbacotine ( I made that word up, it's a combo of dip, tobacco and nicotine).

You've been tugging on that rope so hard to keep yourself out of that pit of mud that your arms feel like jello, your legs are on fire, you hands are blistered and full of rope burn, and your sick of it. Your sick of trying so hard, but you're afraid of being pulled back into the pit of addiction.

Let go of the rope.

By letting go of the rope you don't "lose", you don't end up in the pit, you just finally realize that you don't have to play tug of war anymore, like you did in the beginning. In the beginning you had to tug that som bitch with all your might just to stay afloat.

It's been 293 days now. You're not cured (none of us are) and you might still have to play some games with dibacotine, but tug of war shouldn't be the game of choice anymore. You're beyond that. You did all the pulling you needed for close to a year now.

Time to take a step back a think about all the things you have learned here and all the good things you have done. Time to let go of all the "heaviness". It's time to quit smarter, not harder.

You are probably thinking "fuck you asshole, I feel like shit" and I get that, but I bet if you realllly think about it, you don't feel nearly as bad as you did in the beginning, and I bet if you think even harder, you know what it will take to get back to feeling good again.

It won't be going back to using brute strength to pull on that beat up and tattered rope, anymore. It will simply take some brain power to figure out how to wiggle those little feet loose and get them UNstuck. You got the tools, so use them. It's a lot easier than playing tug of war.

I know you got this.

Quit on...
Hey old friend! I'm glad to see you. I completely understand. I let that rope go awhile back - it's just like it popped back to kick my ass for a minute. I just needed to go back to my tools like you said!

It worked too! Today I stayed clean and clear of nic and it's all because you all stepped up and helped stand me back up.

Thanks and it's been far too long because i've gotten way too excited to hear (read) from some of you i've missed for so long and haven't seen in chat!
Cowgirl

"Don?t single yourself out as a woman. You are an addict. You are a quitter and in the end it doesn?t matter what?s between your legs, it?s what?s in your head that will make the difference."

"Quitting is a process. It?s an extremely difficult, simple process - one that never again has to be faced alone."

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 07:55:00 PM »

Stupid analogy...

Let go of the rope.

I know you got this.

Quit on...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 04:55:00 PM »
Quote from: jlud007
Thank you to all.  I am so glad i posted again.  I ran out and got a can of smokey mountain and between your responses and my phone blowing up I couldn't feel better - especially compared to three hours ago.

I just keep re-reading everything and Mthomas I am hurting and it does suck.  I'm so used to smooth sailing that this hit below the belt in my mind.

Push forward.  Use my tools, do what i've been taught......Holy shit whoda thunk it - by george it does help!

Thank you to EVERYONE!  This really can be done and I will stay one bad ass quitter 'na na'
Way to reach out in a tough spot RTCG. I think we all have those rough patches where just saying fuck it and giving in seems like the answer. Every victory makes us stronger!

Quit with you day sister!
I lost all KTC contacts when my phone blew up, but if you still have mine - use it anytime.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 04:21:00 PM »
Thank you to all. I am so glad i posted again. I ran out and got a can of smokey mountain and between your responses and my phone blowing up I couldn't feel better - especially compared to three hours ago.

I just keep re-reading everything and Mthomas I am hurting and it does suck. I'm so used to smooth sailing that this hit below the belt in my mind.

Push forward. Use my tools, do what i've been taught......Holy shit whoda thunk it - by george it does help!

Thank you to EVERYONE! This really can be done and I will stay one bad ass quitter 'na na'
Way to reach out in a tough spot RTCG. I think we all have those rough patches where just saying fuck it and giving in seems like the answer. Every victory makes us stronger!

Quit with you day sister!

Offline racetrackcowgirl

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 04:05:00 PM »
Thank you to all. I am so glad i posted again. I ran out and got a can of smokey mountain and between your responses and my phone blowing up I couldn't feel better - especially compared to three hours ago.

I just keep re-reading everything and Mthomas I am hurting and it does suck. I'm so used to smooth sailing that this hit below the belt in my mind.

Push forward. Use my tools, do what i've been taught......Holy shit whoda thunk it - by george it does help!

Thank you to EVERYONE! This really can be done and I will stay one bad ass quitter 'na na'
Cowgirl

"Don?t single yourself out as a woman. You are an addict. You are a quitter and in the end it doesn?t matter what?s between your legs, it?s what?s in your head that will make the difference."

"Quitting is a process. It?s an extremely difficult, simple process - one that never again has to be faced alone."

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 03:48:00 PM »

It's been a long time and a lot of drama, misunderstanding and resentments which is why i haven't reached out earlier but this is bigger than me and any risk of having to re-live those days of early and niave thinking have to be faced head on. Besides, those of us involved have all moved on and grown from it.

I have to keep moving forward but damn my feet just feel stuck! 'bang head'
Been there. I fortunately had a lot of help. You are nicer about saying you feel stuck.

I got in fights with the admins, moderators, people at the store. On paper, my life was better, it was suppose to be much better but I didn't feel it.

It wasn't until I read a post that said something like...."I'll tell you whats wrong...You're hurting."

It was true. I had no reason but I hurt. Right about the same days quit as you are. I hurt from 280+ to 300.

You are going from being a quit addict to a recovering addict. You are learning to cope with out your vice. You will desire to kick out all the walls. Stay close and vent here. Go back to being quit today.

It will pass and you will be sooo glad you stayed the course. These are great days for you. You are now recovering from your addiction and not just quitting. That is, if you stay quit.

The hurt will go away. I am speaking from experience.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 03:40:00 PM »
Oh no sis you are not going anywhere keep your head up. (

Now boys and girls this is how this is done feel weak reach out don't just say fuck it and post a day 1) I got a bit derailed there.

send me a PM I am feeling pretty good let me help anyway I can.

Trauma
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 03:37:00 PM »
I am trailing you by 100 days but you were instrumental in my quit early on, I am here anytime you want to talk. You can do this...you have done it for 293 days so far. You have proven to all that you are a bad ass quitter, stick with it.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13