Author Topic: Intro - 36 years and done  (Read 1842 times)

Offline MIKE316

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 09, 2016
  • Interests: Fishing, hunting, camping, brewing beer, smoking meat and lots of Masonic activities. Tactical firearms instructor, SCUBA diving instructor. LOVE Family time with my wife and daughter.***PM ME FOR DIGITS***
  • Likes Given: 1
Intro - 36 years and done
« on: August 09, 2016, 02:04:00 PM »
Hey KTC folks!! My name is Mike. I've lived in Colorado for 25 years, but grew up in Oklahoma. In the small fart of a town I grew up in, if you were big enough to get money on the counter, you were big enough to buy chew. Had my first chew (Days Work plug) at 8 years old and promptly turned green. Took my first dip of Skoal Original Fine Cut at 16, and here we are 36 years later a professional chew junkie. I can't remember all the times I've tried to quit over the years; although my wife could probably not only tell you the NUMBER of times, but the exact dates. Just had my annual physical and my 6 month dental cleaning. I've let myself really go to pot the last several years, and I'm ready for a change. I've been to the KTC site before and knew this was the place to start that change. Of course I found myself making excuses to delay starting. Taking my daughter to college next week (stressful), then taking a road trip with my wife to see an old buddy (driving and bbq triggers). Finally threw the BS flag, told myself to nut up, and here I am. Scared shitless, and not too big to say I'm going to need some help. I've already posted on my groups roll call page. I quit today.