Author Topic: Day 2 Intro. Thank you kdip and the chatroom  (Read 3281 times)

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2097
Re: Day 2 Intro. Thank you kdip and the chatroom
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2016, 11:46:00 AM »
Congrats on your 2 years CA.
Good to see a live chat bro hitting huge milestones.
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline ChristopherJ

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Sept 17, 2014
  • Interests: Travel, music, sports, art,
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2016, 11:25:00 PM »
Congrats on the half comma!!!
Don't be afraid.  You are not alone.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2097
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2016, 11:09:00 AM »
CA, congrats on your day 500!!
Quit With you today.
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2014, 01:06:00 PM »
Quote from: Smeds
Congrats on the 100th!! 'clap'
Happy HOF Day from a fellow NoCal Quitter. Well Done! 'oh yeah'

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2014, 12:49:00 PM »
Congrats on the 100th!! 'clap'
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline QuitInCA

• Quitter
  • RANT Dec 2014
  • Quit Date: 9/8/2014
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2014, 10:43:00 AM »
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Quote from: QuitInCA
Today is day Day 96. Soxfnn sent me a message last night that its been two solid months of me posting roll 100%. I hadn't really even thought of it like that in a while. What I do think about now, is that I can't wait to post roll every day.

For anyone new reading this: If you post every single day, this site works. You HAVE to get phone numbers, emails, whatever from the other quitters. You need accountabilibuddies and battle buddies. With so much support there is no reason to miss roll and fail.

You only have one shot to have a 100% roll post (Daily Promise). Don't mess it up like I did. That is my one regret thus far in my quit.
This guy...gets it.

Accountability + Brotherhood = Success. Never fails and it all starts with posting roll. Awesome post QuittinCA. Do yourself a favor, which will do us all a favor in return, keep posting and stay active.
Thank you Steakbomb, I will continue to stay active. Tomorrow's HOF is only the first step of many, I owe it to myself, my family, and my KTC quit family to actively pursue my quit daily.

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2014, 10:43:00 PM »
Today is day Day 96. Soxfnn sent me a message last night that its been two solid months of me posting roll 100%. I hadn't really even thought of it like that in a while. What I do think about now, is that I can't wait to post roll every day.

For anyone new reading this: If you post every single day, this site works. You HAVE to get phone numbers, emails, whatever from the other quitters. You need accountabilibuddies and battle buddies. With so much support there is no reason to miss roll and fail.

You only have one shot to have a 100% roll post (Daily Promise). Don't mess it up like I did. That is my one regret thus far in my quit.
This guy...gets it.

Accountability + Brotherhood = Success. Never fails and it all starts with posting roll. Awesome post QuittinCA. Do yourself a favor, which will do us all a favor in return, keep posting and stay active.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline QuitInCA

• Quitter
  • RANT Dec 2014
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2014, 12:06:00 PM »

Offline QuitInCA

• Quitter
  • RANT Dec 2014
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2014, 02:52:00 PM »
I went through a short time period where I thought I was strapped securely to my quit rocket, and missed roll a few days. After some righteous anger from the other solid quitters in our group, Anthony spoke out. I am grateful for his quick switch and leadership so I could see the error in my ways.
Quote from: anthony18_7
You know what you're all right, this is my ah ha moment. Reading all of your comments made me realize that I need to stop making excuses. Why would I not fully participate in something that will undoubtedly give me a better quality of life and hopefully a much LONGER life.

Today I am willing to fully commit if you are all willing to stand beside me. I set reminders in my phone for EVERY DAY and I will do my best to post roll EVERY DAY. I know from veterans like P23 and Slug.go that this is how they stay quit everyday. They've developed a winning formula and I will follow it. I have been quit for 47 days and I fully intend to stay quit one day at a time. I apologize to those of you who I have pissed off and/or let down.
This morning as I'm reading the scraps that ensued this morning, I first agreed with Anthony. I agreed when he asked: isn't it good that we aren't thinking of chew, even if we forget to post? If chew is not on your mind it's good right?

I live way up in the mountains. Downed power lines, no internet, and road closures are a real deal where I live. no power/no internet/no cell service has prevented a few of my posts...... BUT

It's true that I'm personally doing fantastic in MY quit. But I went back and read my intro and one word stuck in my mind about the person I didn't want to be anymore, "Selfish."

I went through the withdrawls, the headaches, the sickness, the suck, the craves, just like everyone one else here. I have been dip free 100% since that first day I entered the chat room 37 days ago. I don't take my quit lightly, but then again neither do any of YOU. You have been here with me in this group whether I wanted it or not; but the fact of the matter is I do want it.

I felt like a giant pile of crap when I saw my posting percentage at 85%. Someone suggested to drop us. It's still a B average, but A's don't cave plain and simple. I sure as hell am not going to be dropped.

Anthony promised it, and so will I. I have been quit for 37 days now out of the rest of my life. Today I am committed to posting roll EVERY DAY out of respect to myself, to all of you, and the promise I made the day I first posted roll. I am sorry

If there is no internet, somehow, some way I will get in touch with Sir Nope
I have been making my promise EVERY DAMN DAY since 10/14/14 when I wrote this in the group. And will continue to do so. This site has changed my life. It has been a rough journey but the best ride overall.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2014, 11:52:00 AM »
Quote from: rdad
Next time I'll shoot a text to my quit group supporters and have them post roll.
Do that CA. You've got a brother that was worried about you in Canless.
I'd get Canless' digits pronto if it were me, sounds like he is a bad ass quitter.

Day 6, Day 60, day 600, post roll, or get someone to post it for you. Trust in the system CA......
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2014, 11:27:00 AM »
Next time I'll shoot a text to my quit group supporters and have them post roll.
Do that CA. You've got a brother that was worried about you in Canless.

Offline QuitInCA

• Quitter
  • RANT Dec 2014
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2014, 10:58:00 AM »
Day 7 and I'm here guys still quitting strong. Thanks for checking in. I didn't bring my work laptop home this weekend due to friends staying over, so wasn't able to post. Next time I'll shoot a text to my quit group supporters and have them post roll.

I have to say waking up for work today was the easiest Monday AM I have had in a long time. The old morning routine of needing my fix the second I woke up is gone. Not having to put one in to start my day feels great. I have started to sleep more soundly already.

We all have a long road ahead of us, a lifetime of quit to be exact. I am trying my best to keep this optimism strong ODAAT

Offline canless2014

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-30
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2014, 07:07:00 PM »
Where are ya, QuitinCA?

See you haven't been online since September 12 ... no roll posts ... any December quitters heard from QuitinCA?
"Post roll. Post more if you want to. That's the beauty of the place: We ask you post roll. We ask you to be honest. That's all. No more. No less. Be there for your brothers and ask for help when you need it." - Wastepanel 10/6/14

"What would you do to save your own life? If you were fighting cancer today would you suffer through Chemo, surgeries, try new a therapy? change your diet, go to church? What intolerable hell would you endure to simply live. When you have thought long and hard about that, think on this. Why not apply that attitude to your quit. Suffer through the temporary discomfort of withdrawal to achieve your freedom from a slow painful demise via nicotine. Your in the ring already- fight like you mean it." - Skoal Monster 10/8/14

Quit Date: 6/30/2014 at 4:30 PM

HOF Date: 10/07/2014

Offline canless2014

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-30
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2014, 05:46:00 PM »
Rock on man! Be careful not to let your guard down just because you have friends around. We all know that when we dipped, not much could stop us. Have fun, but don't forget to post roll and keep yourself accountable all weekend. Quit on, brother
"Post roll. Post more if you want to. That's the beauty of the place: We ask you post roll. We ask you to be honest. That's all. No more. No less. Be there for your brothers and ask for help when you need it." - Wastepanel 10/6/14

"What would you do to save your own life? If you were fighting cancer today would you suffer through Chemo, surgeries, try new a therapy? change your diet, go to church? What intolerable hell would you endure to simply live. When you have thought long and hard about that, think on this. Why not apply that attitude to your quit. Suffer through the temporary discomfort of withdrawal to achieve your freedom from a slow painful demise via nicotine. Your in the ring already- fight like you mean it." - Skoal Monster 10/8/14

Quit Date: 6/30/2014 at 4:30 PM

HOF Date: 10/07/2014

Offline QuitInCA

• Quitter
  • RANT Dec 2014
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2014, 01:20:00 PM »
Day 5. Almost through a whole work week with no nic, and super proud of myself. I have some friends coming into town this weekend, which will pretty much eliminate the ability for me screw up and ninja dip. This is a good thing for my first weekend. Quitting strong on this awesome Friday