Author Topic: Day 2 Intro. Thank you kdip and the chatroom  (Read 3280 times)

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Day 2 Intro. Thank you kdip and the chatroom
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2014, 09:41:00 AM »
Sounds like you have a good thing going. Keep it up. Use you intro as a journal towards cleanliness. Keep on posting the good and the bad. It's nice to look back and see the hell you go through and realize you never want to go through it again.

Quit with you today

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2014, 02:17:00 PM »
Quote from: Black
Awesome job! Keep up the good work! I found "smokey mountain" herbal snuff to be decent, had a sweeter taste than dip, but close, however it does have the strange side effect of making your tongue numb
So does 30 minutes of oral sex (man to woman), and as long as it's not dip, your all good.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Black Hart

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 0201-09-10
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 02:02:00 PM »
Awesome job! Keep up the good work! I found "smokey mountain" herbal snuff to be decent, had a sweeter taste than dip, but close, however it does have the strange side effect of making your tongue numb
No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. You won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country- General Patton

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 12:28:00 PM »
Quote from: QuitInCA
Day 4. Waking up today was much easier, seems like the nicotine is out of my system so the hangover is gone...maybe? Cravings are not hitting me yet, but I'm looking for something to do in the car now on the way to work. Thinking of ordering some of the herbal fake stuff. I miss the taste of the wintergreen, but I can honestly say I feel better without the nic today.
Good stuff here dude!
Yup... You be clean. 72 hrs in and you've flushed that crap from your body. The years of poisoning and conditioning won't go away so quickly but you're sharpening the tools you need to deal. That's awesome.

I'm gonna letcha in on my fav for craves and the general "I need stuff in my mouth" feeling...

Atomic fireballs.
They be all kinda awesome.
At 513 I still have 'em on hand. I don't need 'em... Just dig 'em.

Keep it up bro. If you need a hand, just pm me. I'll do what I can.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2014, 12:15:00 PM »
Day 4. Waking up today was much easier, seems like the nicotine is out of my system so the hangover is gone...maybe? Cravings are not hitting me yet, but I'm looking for something to do in the car now on the way to work. Thinking of ordering some of the herbal fake stuff. I miss the taste of the wintergreen, but I can honestly say I feel better without the nic today.
From everything I have read the nicotine is definitely out of your system. Congrats, that is awesome. You are clean. I was in the disoriented, not sleeping 'Fog" for about 2 weeks. When it cleared I felt like a new man. Its all mental now CA! You got this. Trust me, if I did it you can too.

Offline QuitInCA

• Quitter
  • RANT Dec 2014
  • Quit Date: 9/8/2014
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 12:09:00 PM »

Offline QuitInCA

• Quitter
  • RANT Dec 2014
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 11:44:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
You're doing great. Keep it up. One bit of advice. I've heard that caffeine makes the nicotine withdrawals worse. If you can avoid caffeine you will likely feel better and have less intense nic cravings.

Quit on. Failure is not an option if you are a man of your word.
Update on tonight: Working in my garage without the drug. This is a first in a loooooong time. I'm holding on strong, failing is not an option grizzly. I can't go back, that was a horrible time in my life and I will keep reminding myself of that fact.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2014, 09:59:00 PM »
You're doing great. Keep it up. One bit of advice. I've heard that caffeine makes the nicotine withdrawals worse. If you can avoid caffeine you will likely feel better and have less intense nic cravings.

Quit on. Failure is not an option if you are a man of your word.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2014, 06:02:00 PM »
One of my favorite activities was setting quit dates at various milestones...clerkship, graduation, 1st real job, marriage, birth of kid 1, birth of kid 2, and tons of bdays and new years mixed in there. I actually would rationalize that it "was okay to take that dip now, because I'll be quitting on next week anyway, right?"

Holy shit. I still cringe at how stooopid I was. Well, I might still be stupid, but I am clean and stupid...which is a whole lot better. I just to be way more stupider.

Day 2 is HUGE. They say it takes 4 days to get nic out of your system. I don't know about that...I didn't test it. But I do recall being constipated, sleepless, white-knuckled, and anxious about a headache that wouldn't go away and mouth sores that I was sure were cancerous. And I LOVED those things. Those were the feeling of healing. Those withdrawal symptoms proved to me that I was kicking the Nic Bitch's ass ONE DAY AT A TIME. And nothing feels better than earning your freedom.

You got this, brother!

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 05:11:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: Thumblewort
Great intro, I have never heard of the dry snuff snorting thing. It's gonna suck until it doesn't, so drink water by the gallon and hang on tight.
"I, myself, am a heavy nasal snuffer. The only time my nose has ever bled from it, is from wiping out the inside of my nostrils too much. Instead, as you get used to snuff, you just let it drip down the back of your throat and spit it out, or just swallow it. Avoid over-blowing your nose to reduce the chance of nose bleed. Gatta train those nostrils to be as tough as leather! lol"

I copied the above from some online discussion about nasal snuff. What a fucking idiot! The sad thing is that used to be me too. I used to do nasal snuff too, in addition to the almost 2 cans a day I used to dip. I used to get bad bloody noses from my nose lining being as tore up as my gums. I am so glad those days are behind us! What a dumbass I used to be. Well, I'm still a dumbass. But I am a CLEAN dumbass.
The bloody noses were out of control. I used to keep a rag in my truck for such situations on the highway so I wouldn't have to pull over. I would just tell everyone they were from allergies. I think us former snorters are a weird masochistic kind of addict, a dangerous tendency, knowing full well tearing up the nasal lining can't be a good thing. Those days are done and in the past.

I'm embarrassed looking back at my actions. I'm full speed ahead on the quit train, it's Day 3 afternoon and I can feel the nicotine leaving my body. I was under my house last night checking on some pipes, and man the headache just smacked me out of nowhere. Having no way to escape quickly and compromise my quit, that was probably the best place to be.

Waking up today was rough, and I have a head fog that no amount of coffee is helping. But apparently this is the Suck, and it will pass according to you guys.

I am very happy to be rid of the guilt and shame from letting myself down daily each time I put in the chew. This forum is like a power boost each time I look at it, thanks gentlemen!
Brother you are on the right path. Just keep quitting and I PROMISE you it will get better. The formula here really works.

Offline QuitInCA

• Quitter
  • RANT Dec 2014
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 04:47:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Great intro, I have never heard of the dry snuff snorting thing. It's gonna suck until it doesn't, so drink water by the gallon and hang on tight.
"I, myself, am a heavy nasal snuffer. The only time my nose has ever bled from it, is from wiping out the inside of my nostrils too much. Instead, as you get used to snuff, you just let it drip down the back of your throat and spit it out, or just swallow it. Avoid over-blowing your nose to reduce the chance of nose bleed. Gatta train those nostrils to be as tough as leather! lol"

I copied the above from some online discussion about nasal snuff. What a fucking idiot! The sad thing is that used to be me too. I used to do nasal snuff too, in addition to the almost 2 cans a day I used to dip. I used to get bad bloody noses from my nose lining being as tore up as my gums. I am so glad those days are behind us! What a dumbass I used to be. Well, I'm still a dumbass. But I am a CLEAN dumbass.
The bloody noses were out of control. I used to keep a rag in my truck for such situations on the highway so I wouldn't have to pull over. I would just tell everyone they were from allergies. I think us former snorters are a weird masochistic kind of addict, a dangerous tendency, knowing full well tearing up the nasal lining can't be a good thing. Those days are done and in the past.

I'm embarrassed looking back at my actions. I'm full speed ahead on the quit train, it's Day 3 afternoon and I can feel the nicotine leaving my body. I was under my house last night checking on some pipes, and man the headache just smacked me out of nowhere. Having no way to escape quickly and compromise my quit, that was probably the best place to be.

Waking up today was rough, and I have a head fog that no amount of coffee is helping. But apparently this is the Suck, and it will pass according to you guys.

I am very happy to be rid of the guilt and shame from letting myself down daily each time I put in the chew. This forum is like a power boost each time I look at it, thanks gentlemen!

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 03:03:00 PM »

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 11:05:00 AM »
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 07:44:00 AM »
Quote from: Sir
QuitInCa I am right here with you man. Day 2 for me also and if there is anything that you need hit me up. Together we can do this. Check your pm's

Neil
This right here is what it's about. Nice pickup Nopenhagen. You two can lean on each other when it gets rough, and it's going to.

Remember the first few days, men. They suck. Bad.

But you can power through, and you need to. Freedom is worth it.

If you need anything, don't be afraid to reach out to anyone here.

Stay strong. Stay Quit.

-Nolaq
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline Sir Nopenhagen

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 9-8-2014
  • Likes Given: 172
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 06:50:00 PM »
QuitInCa I am right here with you man. Day 2 for me also and if there is anything that you need hit me up. Together we can do this. Check your pm's

Neil