Author Topic: having life w/o hagen  (Read 1427 times)

Offline dippshit

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: having life w/o hagen
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 12:51:00 PM »
Quote from: Keddy
Quote from: Souliman
God bless dippy and his way with words.
Dippshit is as subtle as his name!
I is what I is.

"It's amazing what a man can see by the light of a burning bridge" - Unknown

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 11:14:00 AM »
Quote from: Souliman
Dippshit is as subtle as his name!

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 09:27:00 AM »

Offline dippshit

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 01:32:00 PM »

FAIL

"It's amazing what a man can see by the light of a burning bridge" - Unknown

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 08:07:00 AM »
That is great intro. I'm not a big literary fan, but I enjoy neck-deep symbology when I come across it. Well done.

You can do this. No, you HAVE to do this. We all do. You've got plenty of instructions from the fine quitters below, so I'll skip that. I just wanted to let you know that before you know it you'll be looking at all the people around you in a different light. All those folks you see fondling your ex will become objects of pity. You will continue to wonder how we could have ever been seduced by such a slut. I genuinely feel sympathy and disgust for my friends who still bow to nicotine every day. Better days are coming, my friend.

Since y'all are comparing stats:
36 years old. Father of 3. 406 days quit.
See y'all tomorrow.

Offline Parputt

• Quit King
  • Quit date: 1-13-2011
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 07:41:00 AM »
Welcome to the quit Mr. Clean. You CAN do this. I am a 43 year old father of 2 and up until 286 days ago I had dipped for 30 years. I work in the oilfield and everyone out here dips or smokes. Hell, some dip and smoke at the same time.

My point is, if I can do this so can you.
QD:  1-13-11
HOF: 4-22-11
Sobriety date: 3-4-07

One is one too many
One more is never enough

This Is My Quit

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose ~ Dr. Seuss

Offline TacoMEDIC

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 12:16:00 AM »
Welcome, Sir.

Today is my 5th day free of nicotine. I know how much it sucks to quit. I spend as many as 20 hours a day in an ambulance. I used to dip more than a can a day, everyday. Now I chew a shit load of sunflower seeds and gum. I know you'll find your inner strength and keep your word to yourself and all of us and quit with us. If you need anything, feel free to drop me a message.

Matt - Day 5
Quit: November 8, 2014

Offline whoireallyam

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 12:06:00 AM »
Mr. Clean,

Today is also my day one. I know how hard it was for you, so great job making it to the end. See you on the post in the morning.

Offline MattMan

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 10:09:00 PM »
Mr. Clean,

Today is my 7th day to be nicotine free. I live in west Texas also and am surrounded by Copenhagen all day long. I bet you spend a lot of time in your truck and the thought of driving without a fattie in your pie whole makes you freak out. I understand.

I see you posted roll. That's your commitment you will not use any form of nicotine for the day. AWESOME JOB!!!

Do the same tomorrow and so will I.

MattMan
Day 1 - 10/18/2011
span style='font-family:Geneva'HOF - 01/25/2012
/span

Little men with little minds and little imaginations go through life in little ruts, smugly resisting all changes which would jar their little worlds. /// Zig Ziglar

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 08:55:00 PM »
Okay. You're an addict. I'm not going to pray for you because my God doesn't coddle the weak. He spits on his boot, rubs it with some dirt and slams in your backside.

Let me spill some secret sauce on your plate.

1. Read. You hit the pretty pink link in the upper left called...you guessed it "Welcome Center". You read all you can there. Then you read the HOF speeches. You read the intros. And after all that if you don't have a healthy desire to brand your ex with a "GET FUCKED" hot iron, you read it all again.

2. Post Roll. Roll call is your word, to me, to yourself, to all the folks on here that you will not use today. That's how we do it. One day at a time. You face tomorrow when its looking back at you in the mirror. We post roll everyday. No "but I couldn't" or "I forgot to" bullshit. That don't fly. Don't fuck with the system. Can't get to a computer? You text or call a quit brother. Hands numb from some strange sexual bondage weekend? Type it with your prick. I don't care. You get up, you post roll before you slip off those Hulk Hogan jammies. Early. Set the table right by starting the day off giving a high hard one to the nic bitch. How is roll posted you ask?

Smart kids go here:

How to post roll

Others:

How to post roll for the short bus riders

3. Get involved. The more you read, the safer your quit. The more you're involved, the safer your quit. That's how it works. We want to protect your quit.

4. Get some numbers for your quit group. Those folks will be there with all the support and accountability a man needs. Your group is January 2012: Jan 2012

5. Reach out. When shit hits the fan, you ask for help. Lots of folks on here that know exactly what you are going through. All you got to do is reach out and there will be a whole gaggle of nutties offering help.

6. Get some support in the real world. As much as every man and woman on here will answer the call during your "hour of need", having some folks in the real world will help tremendously. A complete support framework is the safest path.

7. Stop romanticizing. That was nothing but a liar trying to kill you daily.

My name is Soul. I like quitting because I own my life again. Do your best and we'll get yours completely back in your control.

Offline jmac07

• Quitter
  • Interests: MN Twins, MN Wild, MN VikingsGolfing, Fishing, Ice Hockey, Weight Lifting, Country Music
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 08:53:00 PM »
Mr. Clean.

I am 10 days quit. I've been through the hell of the first few days and I PROMISE you that it is hard as hell, but it is THE MOST REWARDING FEELING to lay your head down at night knowing that you quit for today. You will also come to know that tomorrow is a new day. You will wake up a new man. A healthier man than you were the day before.

Roll Call
Take a look through here

Roll Call 2
Visit Second

Roll Call 3
Visit 3rd

Take the time to read up through as many Introductions of quitters, then move onto your quit group. Post Roll and then read up on Hall Of Fame Speeches. They are certainly moving and will help you better realize that quit is a daily process and it will pay off.

I quit with you today Mrclean11.

Best,
JMAC
Quit Date: OCT 15, 2011

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Cant Lose...

Offline Mrclean11

• Quitter
having life w/o hagen
« on: October 24, 2011, 08:32:00 PM »
I am getting a divorce...

I have to look forward to a life without my partner, mrs. nicbitch. I dream of how it would feel to not want her or have to do what she says.

I am a 42 yr old father of 3 and I sell ranches in Texas. I am around her all the time. My ex and I have all the same friends and they all are seduced by her charm.

Today is the end of day one I am sweating my ass off while my lip feels like it is going to fall off watching all these ballplayers in the series loving on my ex.

I pray I can make it tomorrow without her.