Author Topic: Diesel's Intro Page  (Read 18484 times)

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: Diesel's Intro Page
« Reply #815 on: December 19, 2014, 09:56:00 PM »
Quote from: Done4Me
Diesel - Note of appreciation for continuing to be involved and actively posting to the anxiety  depression improvement page. I had no idea how many quitters had issues post quit until I experienced it myself and found this thread. Both you and WT have been the leaders giving the rest of us hope that we will get better.

Keep it up bro, you're making lives better!
x2 here! Diesel is the SUPERCONDUCTOR of quitting and healing.

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #814 on: December 19, 2014, 09:16:00 PM »
Diesel - Note of appreciation for continuing to be involved and actively posting to the anxiety  depression improvement page. I had no idea how many quitters had issues post quit until I experienced it myself and found this thread. Both you and WT have been the leaders giving the rest of us hope that we will get better.

Keep it up bro, you're making lives better!

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #813 on: November 22, 2014, 12:41:00 AM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: Raider
Quote from: traumagnet
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: Erussell
Quote from: B-loMatt
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: Smeds
Quote from: Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat
Quote from: Derk40
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: Wt57
Hit the 9th floor today. Was going to come here and drop something profound but I got nothing.

I haven't been spending as much time here as I used to. I've just been living life like a "normal guy".

I've stopped defining myself as an addict (yes, I know I still am) and just think of myself as a guy who used to chew. That has really seemed to help for some reason. Maybe because I actually believe it, now.

I think I read something once that said if you put 10,000 hours of practice into a particular sport you could become a professional. Well, I put about 130,000 hours into chewing so I was pretty much a grand master.

Thankfully I stuck to the game plan laid out by those who came before me and over time things became easier for me.

While I may not be here as frequently as I once was, I never forget this place and those who have helped me get to where I am today. There's no way I could have made it to 900 days alone. I am eternally grateful for all the support this site has provided.

To any noobs reading this...stick with the program. Lean on your brothers and sisters and I PROMISE that over time things will get easier. Going from a grand master of chewing to a grand master of quit, is an incredible feeling.

Quit on...
Great job my friend. Every few months someone comes along and sets a good example of what quitting really should be like (different for everyone). For me you were an inspiring quitter in my first year. Probably the reason I related was our shared experience with anxiety and depression in quitting. How we view ourselves truly makes the difference. When we were weak slaves our self esteem sucked leading to that downward spiral.
Any newbies out there that have been experiencing anxiety and aren't aquainted with this fine quitter I suggest you read this intro from the beginning to see what is possible.
What WT Said...

You were one of the first to reply to me when I landed here. You led the way and sent Pms encouraging and setting me straight. And I know I was one of many.

Next stop = 1000. Congratulations of living freedom Craig. Thank you.
Congrats on 900, it is hard to follow the sage words dispelled above but you were instrumental in my quit as well; so from the bottom of my heart I thank you.
Congrats Diesel! You are a bad man. Appreciate you. Enjoy the 9th floor!
I can tell you this, you have helped my quit. Thanks for the time you spend here, even if it's just checking in. Skoal Monster used a few of your posts in Jan this week as inspiration for new quitters. How bout that!
Congrats Diesel on the 9th floor. No need to be profound. You've dropped a lot of quit knowledge all over these boards. Always nice to see others using the nuggets you've dropped along the way. Carry on!
Congrats on the 9th floor bro. You've left and continue to leave quite the mark here at KTC ... looking forwards to many more!
Just plain awesome!
Whenever I saw that Big fucking yellow "M" on my intro thread I knew I was in for it that day, but without you kicking this MSU boys ass, I wouldn't have been as likely to be at the 2nd floor today. Enjoy your 9th floor today man!
Sounds pretty profound to me. Keep quitting and listen to some Rush really loud today!
Awesome!!!!!
Very proud of you man. You've come a long way, and you've helped a lot of people along the way. Keep it up.
That's so great D! Nine floors, totally comfy, with a well tended Garden! Ceiling Unlimited Brother!
Oh yeah...Thanks for support. It means the world to me!
Congratulations on 9th floor buddy. Great to see your name on the boards. You have indeed helped many, including myself. Keep paving the way.
This rocks Diesel proud to be quit with you
Congrats Diesel. The 9th floor is awesome
Thanks to all those who took time to drop some kind words. It's greatly appreciated. Perhaps one day we could all spoon.

Quit on...
I'd rather fork.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #812 on: November 22, 2014, 12:39:00 AM »
Quote from: Raider
Hit the 9th floor today. Was going to come here and drop something profound but I got nothing.

I haven't been spending as much time here as I used to. I've just been living life like a "normal guy".

I've stopped defining myself as an addict (yes, I know I still am) and just think of myself as a guy who used to chew. That has really seemed to help for some reason. Maybe because I actually believe it, now.

I think I read something once that said if you put 10,000 hours of practice into a particular sport you could become a professional. Well, I put about 130,000 hours into chewing so I was pretty much a grand master.

Thankfully I stuck to the game plan laid out by those who came before me and over time things became easier for me.

While I may not be here as frequently as I once was, I never forget this place and those who have helped me get to where I am today. There's no way I could have made it to 900 days alone. I am eternally grateful for all the support this site has provided.

To any noobs reading this...stick with the program. Lean on your brothers and sisters and I PROMISE that over time things will get easier. Going from a grand master of chewing to a grand master of quit, is an incredible feeling.

Quit on...
Great job my friend. Every few months someone comes along and sets a good example of what quitting really should be like (different for everyone). For me you were an inspiring quitter in my first year. Probably the reason I related was our shared experience with anxiety and depression in quitting. How we view ourselves truly makes the difference. When we were weak slaves our self esteem sucked leading to that downward spiral.
Any newbies out there that have been experiencing anxiety and aren't aquainted with this fine quitter I suggest you read this intro from the beginning to see what is possible.
What WT Said...

You were one of the first to reply to me when I landed here. You led the way and sent Pms encouraging and setting me straight. And I know I was one of many.

Congrats on 900, it is hard to follow the sage words dispelled above but you were instrumental in my quit as well; so from the bottom of my heart I thank you.
I can tell you this, you have helped my quit. Thanks for the time you spend here, even if it's just checking in. Skoal Monster used a few of your posts in Jan this week as inspiration for new quitters. How bout that!
Congrats Diesel on the 9th floor. No need to be profound. You've dropped a lot of quit knowledge all over these boards. Always nice to see others using the nuggets you've dropped along the way. Carry on!
Congrats on the 9th floor bro. You've left and continue to leave quite the mark here at KTC ... looking forwards to many more!
Just plain awesome!
Whenever I saw that Big fucking yellow "M" on my intro thread I knew I was in for it that day, but without you kicking this MSU boys ass, I wouldn't have been as likely to be at the 2nd floor today. Enjoy your 9th floor today man!
Sounds pretty profound to me. Keep quitting and listen to some Rush really loud today!
Awesome!!!!!
Very proud of you man. You've come a long way, and you've helped a lot of people along the way. Keep it up.
That's so great D! Nine floors, totally comfy, with a well tended Garden! Ceiling Unlimited Brother!
Congratulations on 9th floor buddy. Great to see your name on the boards. You have indeed helped many, including myself. Keep paving the way.
Thanks to all those who took time to drop some kind words. It's greatly appreciated. Perhaps one day we could all spoon.

Quit on...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #811 on: November 22, 2014, 12:30:00 AM »

Quit on...
What WT Said...

Just plain awesome!
Awesome!!!!!

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #810 on: November 21, 2014, 10:18:00 PM »

Quit on...
What WT Said...

Just plain awesome!
Awesome!!!!!
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #809 on: November 21, 2014, 10:18:00 PM »

Quit on...
What WT Said...

Just plain awesome!
Awesome!!!!!
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #808 on: November 21, 2014, 09:00:00 PM »

Quit on...
What WT Said...

Just plain awesome!
Awesome!!!!!

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #807 on: November 21, 2014, 11:27:00 AM »

Quit on...
What WT Said...

Just plain awesome!
Awesome!!!!!

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #806 on: November 21, 2014, 10:41:00 AM »

Quit on...
What WT Said...

Just plain awesome!
Awesome!!!!!
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #805 on: November 21, 2014, 10:18:00 AM »

Quit on...
What WT Said...

Just plain awesome!
Awesome!!!!!
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #804 on: November 21, 2014, 09:15:00 AM »

Quit on...
What WT Said...

Just plain awesome!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #803 on: November 21, 2014, 08:54:00 AM »

Quit on...
What WT Said...

Just plain awesome!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #802 on: November 21, 2014, 08:38:00 AM »

Quit on...
What WT Said...

Just plain awesome!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #801 on: November 21, 2014, 08:22:00 AM »

Quit on...
What WT Said...

My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.