Author Topic: Day 6 After 36 years using  (Read 4750 times)

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
Re: Day 6 After 36 years using
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2013, 03:33:00 AM »
There are only two options :1. Character and Integrity!!!

2.Failure.

Each shall choose and each shall pass or fail.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Mike_Land

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Triathlons and my girls, Wife Michelle and Daughter Olivia.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2013, 03:16:00 AM »
WTF is going on the last few days with some guys on this site? One guy wants to test his quit by getting a can, having a dip and what? Seeing if you are automatically hooked again. What the fuck is up with that. That is absolute stupidity. Another guy just gives up after making the HOF and decides it's not worth being quit and then writes a post saying his goodbyes. I don't get that shit either.

I am going to do what one person advised on another post. I am going to invest myself in my quit and the quit of those that I know are committed to this site and it's philosophy. I am here to support newbies like Erussell and Papabear and vets like Evil and sportsfan and even OIB. I know these guys are committed and have wholly bought in to the KTC philosophy. I also know that I can trust their word which is lots more than I can say about a few people here recently.

I have made it a habit to come to the introductions page to find the new quitters and hopefully be able to help them if I can. I also like the add ons that the vets have added to their intros detailing experiences they have had with their quit. They inspire me to continue strengthening my quit.

"But Mike, you have been quit almost 200 day, You have it made" you say. BULLSHIT. I don't have it made and neither does anybody else on this site. I don't care if you are a day 1 quitter or a seasoned vet like Big Brother Jack and have been quit almost 20 years. Nobody has it made. We fight this battle every single day of our lives. Every single day I make the choice to quit or cave. For 198 days I have chosen to quit. And by the grace of God I will continue to quit everyday for the rest of my life.

For those of you who have chosen to cave or tempt fate as the case may be, I encourage you to get back on the wagon. Post your day 1 in the appropriate group. Buy in to the KTC philosophy. Sell out completely to your quit. I know that this method of quitting works. No I'm not an expert but I used for over 36 years and have tried quitting multiple times. This is the only method that has worked. I have seen almost every single person on my mother's side of the family die from the use of tobacco. I know of only one that did not smoke or chew but she was around people breathing second hand smoke her whole life and she died from cancer as well. I don't want to see any of you wind up the way they did. Why in the world would you want to tempt fate? It makes no sense what so ever.

Ok I've rambled enough. Let's all concentrate on our quits. Let the dumb bastards go. They must choose which way they will go. We can cuss and discuss this all day long but in the end only they can decide which way they will go.

Quit on brothers and sisters.

Mike

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 12:30:00 PM »
Quote from: TSNUS
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: Mike_Land
So, I think I've had a "OMG!! That was me 157 days ago" moment.

Everyday at noon and midnight we have "midshift" meetings. We have to report to the management asshats what we have been doing since the beginning of shift. There are about 10 guys lined up shoulder to shoulder around the Unit supervisors desk. Today there was a guy two over from me that had a large ass cat turd of cope in his mouth. I could smell it! It was horrible. I might as well have had my nose buried in a freshly opened can of cope. Jesus!! that stunk. That guy moved away and I smelled something else. It was something wintergreen. Someone near had a big mouth full of something wintergreen. God almighty I swear that stuff was potent!. I can't believe that that used to be me! I have been in this situation before. Several times over the last couple of months I've been in this exact situation but the smells never bothered me that much. But tonight, it was the most stinking shit i've ever smelled. I thought I might have to move. My eyes started to water. It almost made me gag.

I think I've definetly turned a corner in my quit. I can't stand the smell of this shit. Not even the fake stuff. Here's to KTC and 157 days of quit. And here is to one more day tomorrow!!

Mike
Outstanding
'clap'
Good on ya Mike, keep on quitting brother!
Excellent work. The sense of smell and taste has returned. Nice, huh?
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline TSNUS

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, camping, skiing, BBQing
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 10:48:00 AM »
Quote from: Wt57

Everyday at noon and midnight we have "midshift" meetings. We have to report to the management asshats what we have been doing since the beginning of shift. There are about 10 guys lined up shoulder to shoulder around the Unit supervisors desk. Today there was a guy two over from me that had a large ass cat turd of cope in his mouth. I could smell it! It was horrible. I might as well have had my nose buried in a freshly opened can of cope. Jesus!! that stunk. That guy moved away and I smelled something else. It was something wintergreen. Someone near had a big mouth full of something wintergreen. God almighty I swear that stuff was potent!. I can't believe that that used to be me! I have been in this situation before. Several times over the last couple of months I've been in this exact situation but the smells never bothered me that much. But tonight, it was the most stinking shit i've ever smelled. I thought I might have to move. My eyes started to water. It almost made me gag.

I think I've definetly turned a corner in my quit. I can't stand the smell of this shit. Not even the fake stuff. Here's to KTC and 157 days of quit. And here is to one more day tomorrow!!

Mike
Outstanding
'clap'
Good on ya Mike, keep on quitting brother!
Quit 8/14/12 and taking my life back one day at a time.

If you don?t control what you have access to, what you have access to will control you.

I?m trying to remind myself daily it?s not the absence of conflict that determines whether or not my relationships are healthy. It?s knowing how to handle the conflicts that will arise.

Character is who we are, not who we pretend to be. It's better to be shaped than to be fake.

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 10:37:00 AM »

Mike
Quit Wood right there.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 09:41:00 AM »

Mike
Outstanding
'clap'
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Mike_Land

• Quit Pro
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 03:46:00 AM »

Mike

Offline epayne

• Quitter
  • Interests: My beloved Jeep. My fiance's pussy. My fiance. My dog. Chewing gum.
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 08:54:00 PM »
:wub: your attitude about the quit. You're in the right place for 'help' quitting. It's not going to be easy, but it's so simple there's no way our addict minds can struggle with it.

1. Post roll daily
2. Keep your word
3. Rinse and repeat

We all do it, so can you. Swapping numbers with the guys in your group and reading EVERYTHING on the site is excellent quit fuel too.

Offline 05wrxing

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Deer hunting, motorcycles, football, basketball and most of all my quit and my loving family.
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 08:47:00 PM »
Welcome to KTC and congratulations on making the decision to quit. You will never regret it. This site is a life saver. Just read, read and read some more. If you haven't already, just stroll on over to the March 13 quit group and post up. Post roll early everyday and reach out to your brothers and sisters. Their are some awesome quitters on this site that would drop anything to help a quitter in need. If you ever need anything just pm me. I'm always available and always on KTC. I quit with you today.
Experience is the name we give to our mistakes." Oscar Wilde

Roll call is not a daily attendance sheet, it is a daily pledge" - Boelker62

QUIT 9-13-21

Offline Tazbutane

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 11/22/12
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 08:32:00 PM »
I pulled the trigger and quit cold turkey November 24. It's been hard but i'm making it through it. I have so many triggers it's not even funny. Getting in the truck, taking a dump, after eating, when I get up, before I go to sleep. Almost anything can trigger the craves for me.

A bit about myself. 48 years old, married with 4 kids 23, 20, 16, and 2!. Yep you read it right. A 2 year old. It's ok though. She's daddy's baby and a big inspiration for me to stay on track with my quit.

I started chewing beech nut leaf and king B twist when I was about 14 years old. I moved on to skoal after about a year. When I started you could buy a can of Skoal, fine cut wintergreen for 55 cents a can. Of course I always swore I would quit when the price reached a dollar, then 2 dollars, then 3 and now in some places 4 or almost 5. Did I quit? Nope!! what a loser I was. For the last 20 years i've used an average of 2 cans of Fine cut wintergreen per day. I couldn't go anywhere without my little friend in my pocket. Major panic attacks occured if I found I had forgotten to get my can of snuff. It really has controlled my life for the last 36 years. But here is what I have to say to that now.... 'Finger' and 'arse' and 'na na' .

Right now it has been 6 days. It is hard but i'm making it through it. I'm doing alot of this 'bang head' and this 'drool' and sometimes I feel like this 'flush' . Hopefully I can make some good contacts here and get alot of 'help' .
Welcome Mike, this site has been very helpful to many of us. Start reading in the Welcome enter and get yourself into the March Mad men quit group. The 'live chat' link in the upper right hand corner is also very helpful.
March 2013 - Mad Men of Quit        
Quit date: 11/22/12          
Sobriety Date: 4/10/2006         
HOF Date 03/02/2013         
Semper Fidelis

Offline Mike_Land

• Quit Pro
Day 6 After 36 years using
« on: November 29, 2012, 07:31:00 PM »
I pulled the trigger and quit cold turkey November 24. It's been hard but i'm making it through it. I have so many triggers it's not even funny. Getting in the truck, taking a dump, after eating, when I get up, before I go to sleep. Almost anything can trigger the craves for me.

A bit about myself. 48 years old, married with 4 kids 23, 20, 16, and 2!. Yep you read it right. A 2 year old. It's ok though. She's daddy's baby and a big inspiration for me to stay on track with my quit.

I started chewing beech nut leaf and king B twist when I was about 14 years old. I moved on to skoal after about a year. When I started you could buy a can of Skoal, fine cut wintergreen for 55 cents a can. Of course I always swore I would quit when the price reached a dollar, then 2 dollars, then 3 and now in some places 4 or almost 5. Did I quit? Nope!! what a loser I was. For the last 20 years i've used an average of 2 cans of Fine cut wintergreen per day. I couldn't go anywhere without my little friend in my pocket. Major panic attacks occured if I found I had forgotten to get my can of snuff. It really has controlled my life for the last 36 years. But here is what I have to say to that now.... 'Finger' and 'arse' and 'na na' .

Right now it has been 6 days. It is hard but i'm making it through it. I'm doing alot of this 'bang head' and this 'drool' and sometimes I feel like this 'flush' . Hopefully I can make some good contacts here and get alot of 'help' .