Author Topic: 5/17/13 quit day (32 days)  (Read 1613 times)

Offline Mraughh

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 5/17/13 quit day (32 days)
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 08:52:00 AM »
Thanks LHG I can do that, I suppose it would be easier to read than sorting through the quit rolls :)

Offline LionHeartedGirl

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 11:37:00 AM »
Hey Mike... I know you're struggling with some things. I suggest you journal them out here so you get support from everyone, not just those posting in August. Plus, it's great to have a journal you can look back at. Quit on man, you're doing great!
QUIT LIKE A GIRL!

Quit Date: 5/23/13
HOF: 8/30/13

Offline Mraughh

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 09:46:00 PM »
Thank you for the words of advice and encouragement fellas. Quitting is definitely for me, I suppose I should have worded things differently. My son gives me the extra motivation to quit. I'm 40 and this is our first child so he's a special guy to me. I want to see him graduate school and hopefully hold my grandchildren before I die. That drives me like nothing else to not jump in the car and go buy a tin.

I want to stay quit for myself, and I feel blessed I have such a powerful motivator to help me get through the rough days. I'm very glad my wife showed me this site, the amount of support and outreach is amazing. Thank you all again.
Mike

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 08:05:00 PM »
Good for you man. Way to post up roll you badd ass! We welcome you to August Mike.
All the advice given to you below is exceptional. Just remember your roll post is that you give us your word not to use nicotine in any form, so keep your word and do it one day at a time. Posting roll is an insurance policy for your quit as once you post roll you have no choice but to remain nic free for the day. I have sent you my number in a PM feel free to use it any time! Reach out to others in August. Proud to be quit with you Mike!
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline JRizzle

• Quitter
  • Interests: Love cattle, economics, working out, meeting new people and experiencing new things
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 05:18:00 PM »
Welcome to the site Mike. Just have to echo what the other two said: ultimately you need to quit for you. Fight for your freedom. Then once you've done that you can share your freedom with your son, your wife, and others.

Word choice is really important early on because it sets the tone for your quit. It starts to become the way you think as your brain re-wires itself as nicotine-free. Dareisay it almost is like inception? It can come to define almost everything about you.

Syntax aside get involved in the site, get to know people here in your group or that interest you. Post a bunch right away; the distraction of posting and learning the site will help. As a fellow addict I quit with you today. Let's go about fighting for our freedom together!
We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.

Has tobacco been so kind to you that you should leave it with regret? There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.

Come join us. Come be quit with us. Rather than slowly commit suicide, slowly regain your health. It might hurt at first, but it won't kill you. And once the birthing process is done you'll find yourself a free man. With friends. And health. And wealth. Come drink at the fountain of quit.

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 05:10:00 PM »
Where to begin?

1) You never “quit” before, you paused or stopped.
2) You have to quit for you, first and foremost. We are addicts. We do the worst things imaginable to feed our addictions. We lie and steal from those closest to us to satisfy our drug needs. You will not think twice about doing this to your son.

If you want to quit you can. We all have. If you quit on 5/17/13 then you should be posting roll in August 2013. Every quitter in there is going through the same things you are. Get to know them and post roll every day, first thing in the morning, and you will have them as supporters.

Click here -- Welcome Center to learn about the site. Play special attention to the parts on Posting Roll, the whys and hows. That is the backbone of what we do. Post roll. Make your promise. Keep your word. Repeat tomorrow.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 05:09:00 PM »
You gotta do this for you man...vocab is strangely important while quitting...yes you do want to quit for your son...but maybe a better thing to say is i want to quit so i can see my son graduate high school...or i want to quit so (insert). I tried quitting for others in the past and it just doesn't work man...the first time your wife really pisses you off, it will be too easy to grab the can and blame it on her (been there). Or the first time your son has a bad day and it seems to hard to bear, you'll grab the can...(done that). This has to be about you bro.

That is my advice...quit on brother...
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline Mraughh

• Quitter
5/17/13 quit day (32 days)
« on: June 17, 2013, 04:55:00 PM »
Hello,

I resolved to quit dipping after 24 years. Cope straight has been my mainstay for the past couple years, mixed in with skoal and wolf. The worst time for me as far as sheer volume, 1 1/2 to 2 cans a day was original Copenhagen when I was in the army.

My motivation for quitting is my son who is 8 months old. Daddy needed to quit before my boy turned one. Quitting for my wife is important also, but he is my main motivation. My wife actually found this website and messaged me about it today. She has a harder time understanding what it's like to quit since she doesn't smoke or have any addictions.

I got through the first 10 days using smoky mountain which I had used a couple years ago when I had quit before, but then subsequently relapsed after about 6 months. So far it's been a pain in the ass, which I'm sure everyone is aware haha. The hardest part for me to deal with are the oral fixation cravings, I eat and eat. Probably gained around 10-15 lbs so far even though I try to hike daily with my son and weightlift on a regular basis.

Because I have relapsed before with a non-nicotine snuff, I decided that I wanted to use those as little as possible to get past the cravings. So I'll be reading up posts here for tips and tricks on cutting down on eating to satisfy the cravings and other alternatives that may help.

Thanks for this website and forum
Mike