Author Topic: I quit, or have I?  (Read 3418 times)

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: I quit, or have I?
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 09:29:00 AM »
Holy cow man, I have a similar post on Russian Roulette quit site!!! Every now and then I want to know if it is appropriate to pick up a loaded gun - with only 1 bullet mind you - spin the chamber, and pull the trigger. Only in moderation, right? [/sarcasm]

This is a 100% quit site with people struggling to save their lives. It is a zero tolerance nicotine site, so if you are looking for moderate dip use, this isn't the place for you.

Here's a free tip - don't think about forever, think quit the next 24 hours, hell, think quit the 24 minutes if you have to.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 4, 2014
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 05:38:00 AM »
Use what you're feeling tonight about to propel you into your quit. Any little bit of discontent towards dipping is a good thing that will give YOU more reason to give it up 100%. After that, read the stories and watch the videos on here. When you have made your decision to quit, climb aboard the KTC train, and we will help you while helping ourselves. You gotta want it though. Don't come in and expect to do this half-assed. Full commitment is the only way you will quit and stay quit. The ball is in your court my man. Make the decision that will affect the rest of your life.

Offline R34P3R

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 03:19:00 AM »
Thanks for the reply, instead of getting that can tonight, I spent that time browsing this forum, some inspiring stuff here. The craving seems to have subsided. It is definitely a risk, one that I should not just take on a whim. Its one thing after a break up, or during finals week. But giving into it on a whim is not something I should do.

I am sure I will be back here, I just hope it wont be before finals which are many months off. At least now I have a place where the date is posted. I am not sure if I am ready to commit to never using again, as there are some situations where I feel it can be appropriate. It was one thing when I said it was done, but once I say it here in a semi public manner such as this there is no going back. Its pretty much been a secret since I first tried it, pretty much no one knows I have even had contact with it.

Offline Benjo

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-11
  • Interests: Well, there's no acceptable way to say goodbye here. You're either all in, or get out. I'm checking out. I do appreciate having a bunch of quitters to shoot the shit with, to distract each other from difficulty and share encouragement. Those of you who stay and pay it forward are better than I for doing so. I do congratulate all of you for finding the strength to quit and the toughness to stay quit. Stay strong. Stay quit.I just don't feel net positive from the time I spend here, and I don't feel like the KTC system itself has any bearing on my quit. That's not to say it doesn't work if you invest in it, but y'all have known since day one I believe I can do this myself. I've got family and friends I'm accountable to. I've been enjoying every single day of not having to feed an addiction. Even that first week, I loved being able to say no. I'm all in for improving my health and not making stupid choices.I'm going to continue to say no to nicotine for the rest of my life. You do the same. All the best. Ben.P.S. Fuck Marty Barrington.
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 03:06:00 AM »
Bad person? No, not in my opinion. But it's a risk.

I don't know your brain chemistry, but I do know that not using dip equals zero chance of it turning into a habit you wish you hadn't kept around. And I do know that that feeling is in fact tweaking your brain with a dangerously addictive drug, cheating a dopamine reward out of it.

I quit for six months once back in college. Staying quit would have been a great decision, but it wasn't one I was smart enough to make yet. Good luck with your decision.
"If you are hoping, you aint quitting. Quitting is a lot more of a sure thing than hoping and trying." -Bronc

Each cue driven crave episode presents an opportunity to extinguish additional conditioning and reclaim another aspect of life.

Offline R34P3R

I quit, or have I?
« on: October 17, 2014, 01:57:00 AM »
Hello, this site seemed like a well informed place of supportive people, loads of places for smoking, but first one I found just for dipping, so I am dropping in to get a little more info. Anyways here is my story.

I think my habit of with the stuff is a bit unusual. About four years back I tried dipping, I liked it did it for a month or so because I had a friend who would share with me. I moved away and I did not continue with dipping. Almost a year later, some stressful situations came up (aka I don't handle break ups well) and I remembered the pleasant feeling of dipping and used it to cope with the break up.

I used it pretty religiously for about 6 months or so, at which point the buzz from it had died, so I would only get a can every month or two when it was time for finals or the like. I never had what I would call an addiction for it, I liked the nicotine buzz in stressful situations. But when that went away I had no interest or need for it, so I went 6 months with out it. I didn't mean to quit, I just stopped like I had never been addicted.

Then after that period I felt cravings for it, that was unusual I had always prided my self in that I was never addicted to the stuff, but here were these cravings. I figured eh, Ill buy a can. I was like wow, this is nice, buzz is back awesome. After a month or so of that, like four cans later, buzz was gone. I decided ok, this shit doesent give out a buzz like it used to, its bad for me, and its expensive. I'm done, I am actualy quiting. Here I am about 6 months later, cravings are back, normaly Id just go get a can, and be done with it for another few months, but I did say I quit, and thats why I am here. Tonight the cravings are really bad, and Im looking for someone to share their thoughts on my position.

Hell if the buzz has not returned Id just throw the can out, I have done it before. I just really want that old buzz cus I am really feeling down this week. I've never been hardcore or anything dont think I ever went through a can faster then a week. I never had an issue putting it down before, and never sought support for it until tonight.

I worry I have created my self a nice delusional bubble that I am some special flower who is an exception to the usual rules of this stuff. Now my bubble may need a firm popping, but before you go and do that, please don't just automatically tear me down because this is a quitting form. Consider that perhaps my relationship with nicotine may be different.

So am I a bad person if I go back on my word to test to see if the buzz is back? I really want that can tonight, but because I said I was done, before I went off and just did it, I wanted to hear peoples thoughts, give people a chance to discourage me, or just cation me that while I may have been an exception so far it may not last so I need to be careful. I really am in need of some support one way or the other.