Author Topic: Dont really want to quit but I know its right  (Read 2081 times)

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
Re: Dont really want to quit but I know its right
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 11:00:00 AM »
It sounds like you really have a handle on this.

Why do you need our help?

BTW...What group were you in before? When you say " a few years ago", when?

It is wasting our time if you don't really want to quit because quitting is your decision alone. We can help, but we can't make you. You have to do this and I (for example) don't like to have people have my back if they aren't fully committed.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline punisher1093

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 10:56:00 AM »
As far as what happened...I'm not real sure. Ultimately I failed myself. I allowed all of my stress get to me to a point where I needed to lean on something. I made a bad decision. I guess the only thing that I'm greatful for is that I don't really go through the hell of withdrawl. I don't do it enough for it to really get into my system and stay there. I remember the last time I quit and what I went through. (i.e. the nightmares, sweats, anger) I don't wanna go through that all again so I only used here and there. Not enough to go through withdrawls when I don't do it for a week or so at a time.

Offline punisher1093

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 10:47:00 AM »
I have no idea what my old name was or even the email that I used. It was several years ago. Due to my line of work I change emails every couple of years. I'm not hear to waste your time and I don't think its your time I'm wasting. It would be mine. In fact if I didn't want your help I wouldn't be here now.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 10:43:00 AM »
Quote from: punisher1093
I guess I could consider this day 1 although its actually day 2. I don't dip all the time, its more like every Saturday through the day and when I get stressed out. I know that its wrong and I really need to quit completely for the sake of myself and my family. I normally use Skoal Crisp Blend (pouches). I used to smoke years ago about 2-3 packs a day but quit. I started smoking again a year and a half ago when my mom got sick (Cancer) but promised her I would quite when she passed (October 2011) away. I haven't touch a cigarette since but I have chewed before for a few years, maybe 3-4 and quite that once. When I did chew it was all day everyday, including showers and sometimes sleep. I've been chewing off and on again since last November and I really know that I need to quite but really don't want to. I was on this site a few years back and it helped me quite the first time which was complete hell. Most of the time I don't even crave a dip. Its just something I do out of boredom. I buy a can when I go to work on Saturdays and chew all day at work (in my cruiser). Once work is done I don't touch again. Well, not completely true. I do it sometimes at home working in the garage or mowing but only cause the can is sittng there. I don't go out and buy one if its not there....Looking for help to quite it once and for all. Thanks for listening.
(1) What was your old name? We don't get to use multiple names here. You need to log in under your old account please.

(2) As a returning member, what happened? Why did it happen? What are you doing differently this time?

(3) If you don't really want to quit, then you will fail. Please do not waste our time unless you want to quit.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline punisher1093

Dont really want to quit but I know its right
« on: September 24, 2012, 10:29:00 AM »
I guess I could consider this day 1 although its actually day 2. I don't dip all the time, its more like every Saturday through the day and when I get stressed out. I know that its wrong and I really need to quit completely for the sake of myself and my family. I normally use Skoal Crisp Blend (pouches). I used to smoke years ago about 2-3 packs a day but quit. I started smoking again a year and a half ago when my mom got sick (Cancer) but promised her I would quite when she passed (October 2011) away. I haven't touch a cigarette since but I have chewed before for a few years, maybe 3-4 and quite that once. When I did chew it was all day everyday, including showers and sometimes sleep. I've been chewing off and on again since last November and I really know that I need to quite but really don't want to. I was on this site a few years back and it helped me quite the first time which was complete hell. Most of the time I don't even crave a dip. Its just something I do out of boredom. I buy a can when I go to work on Saturdays and chew all day at work (in my cruiser). Once work is done I don't touch again. Well, not completely true. I do it sometimes at home working in the garage or mowing but only cause the can is sittng there. I don't go out and buy one if its not there....Looking for help to quite it once and for all. Thanks for listening.