Author Topic: Fish-N-Shoot's first post  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Fish-N-Shoot's first post
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 05:28:00 PM »
Quote from: Fish-N-Shoot
Hello everyone... I'm Josh...a little about my usage history: I've been dipping for the last 4 or so years, since my freshman year of college so I could "fit in" 'bang head' I went to an ag school (majoring in landscape contracting) and a lot of the guys that I hung out with dipped.

I picked up a couple tins so I could try it... berry skoal pouches and wintergreen skoal longcut. My first dip made me sicker than a dog... that should have been my first hint to throw away the tins and not look back.

I finally found "my dip of choice" though, mint skoal pouches (because those are healthier... right? anyways last year I changed to copenhagen wintergreen longcut because I wasn't getting the hit that I used to... I run my own landscaping company, which is very stressful and now I'm up to a can or two per day, pretty much dipping whenever I'm not around my parents (YES I DO STILL LIVE WITH MY MOM AND DAD!)

I have tried a few times to quit... for my birthday, for a newyears resolution, because my mouth hurt etc... but the cravings and habit always have overridden my desire to quit.

Recently my gums have been bleeding more than normal, I can see the roots of my teeth, I have all sorts of white crap on my gums, and I am just sick of being a slave to the nic bitch (not to mention having to be a ninja dipper)

Today I am starting my final quit... I have been reading and think that this site is what will be my saving grace.

Now I just have to learn how to post roll (I apologize in advance, I will probably screw it up) and find which group I belong in.

I am now off to flush what is left in my tins :unsure:

I promise not to dip again!
Congratulations on you quit!

We quit cold turkey here, meaning no nic patches, gum or tobacco products.

As you know, the central part of our program and success is posting roll call every day. Head on over to the WELCOME CENTER (link in red at the upper left of your screen) and read all about posting roll. Then go to the June 2012 group and get started.

Also read everything you can under this link: KillTheCan.org.
Information is power when it comes to quitting.

The initial days of quitting suck, but your life is worth the fight!! If you need anything else, just shout.

Offline Fish-N-Shoot

• Likes Given: 0
Fish-N-Shoot's first post
« on: March 01, 2012, 04:59:00 PM »
Hello everyone... I'm Josh...a little about my usage history: I've been dipping for the last 4 or so years, since my freshman year of college so I could "fit in" 'bang head' I went to an ag school (majoring in landscape contracting) and a lot of the guys that I hung out with dipped.

I picked up a couple tins so I could try it... berry skoal pouches and wintergreen skoal longcut. My first dip made me sicker than a dog... that should have been my first hint to throw away the tins and not look back.

I finally found "my dip of choice" though, mint skoal pouches (because those are healthier... right? anyways last year I changed to copenhagen wintergreen longcut because I wasn't getting the hit that I used to... I run my own landscaping company, which is very stressful and now I'm up to a can or two per day, pretty much dipping whenever I'm not around my parents (YES I DO STILL LIVE WITH MY MOM AND DAD!)

I have tried a few times to quit... for my birthday, for a newyears resolution, because my mouth hurt etc... but the cravings and habit always have overridden my desire to quit.

Recently my gums have been bleeding more than normal, I can see the roots of my teeth, I have all sorts of white crap on my gums, and I am just sick of being a slave to the nic bitch (not to mention having to be a ninja dipper)

Today I am starting my final quit... I have been reading and think that this site is what will be my saving grace.

Now I just have to learn how to post roll (I apologize in advance, I will probably screw it up) and find which group I belong in.

I am now off to flush what is left in my tins :unsure:

I promise not to dip again!
Quitted on March 1, 2012!

Bought a new stick of deoderant today. The directions said: remove cap, push up bottom... I can barely walk, but when I fart the room smells great

Procrastination is like masturbation feels good while your doing it but in the end you just f**ked your self!

My weather