Author Topic: Finally Quit!  (Read 1563 times)

Offline gadawg3

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-05-18
  • Interests: UGA football, coaching baseball, trout fishing, camping, jeeping
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Finally Quit!
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 04:36:00 PM »
Quote from: gmann
Yell if you need anything.

GO DAWGS!!!
Thanks gmann. Go Dawgs!!!
Live like a dog...if you can't eat it or screw it, piss on it and walk away!

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Master Yoda

Offline quark

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-23
  • Interests: Biking, swimming, running, reading
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 04:32:00 PM »
Quote from: gadawg3
Thanks Jerk11 and landdon. I appreciate the support. I have quit drinking, smoking, and caffeine. I figured it was time for this last vice to go. I appreciate the support.
I gave up caffeine May 2013, and had my last can of Skoal every day for almost 2 years. Proud to be double quit with you.

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 04:32:00 PM »
Yell if you need anything.

GO DAWGS!!!

Offline gadawg3

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 03:04:00 PM »
Thanks Jerk11 and landdon. I appreciate the support. I have quit drinking, smoking, and caffeine. I figured it was time for this last vice to go. I appreciate the support.

Offline Jerk11

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 02:56:00 PM »
Welcome to KTC... If you stick around and listen to these BAQ's, it will save your life and you will LOVE the new you!

Smokey Mountain makes mint pouches that are absolutely nic-free. Not sure about Wintergreen. They have helped me with my quit so far. They are sort of hard to find, so you might need to do some searching online.

Offline Landdon

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: June 18, 2014 is my first day of quit. I thank God, KTC, and my family for helping me.
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 02:30:00 PM »
Nice!! You have found a life raft my friend. Here you will find people who have done exactly what you're doing, and all of us want you to quit forever. Having said that, there are a few things that you have to be willing to do. Not hard things mind you, but still commitment on your part, and your quit will only be as strong as your commitment. So, here's the gist:

1. You must be willing to join your group and post roll every single day without question, and with zero excuses for not having posted. Roll is the NUMBER ONE tool at ktc, and it is your key to quit. So, your group I believe would be August 2015. Find it, and join them. Read about how to post roll and do it properly.

2. Read the Welcome Center thread. I'd link it, but I won't you to find it. It's full of info on why the whore is bad, and what you should expect and tips for success etc.

3. Read what the vets have to say. Read some Hall of Fame posts. Very inspiring.

4. Once you post roll to your group, reach out and give your phone number via PM to a few and ask for theirs. You all will be leaning on each other. Get involved with your group.

That's enough for now. Grats on choosing to keep your face. I know you mentioned your kids, but remember, you're doing this for you. Not them. Also, this is an addiction. We're all addicts to the whore on this site. If you need anymore info, feel free to pm me.

Looking forward to seeing your hof speech!

btw. Did you flush your shit down the toilet? All of it?

Offline gadawg3

• Quitter
Finally Quit!
« on: May 19, 2015, 02:12:00 PM »
Hello all. I finally made the decision to quit yesterday 5/18/2015. It has been a little rough thus far but nothing I can't tolerate. I am almost 36 and started dipping around age 13 or so. Around a can to a can and a half per day. Been using Grizzly pouches for the last 5 or 6 years. Was pretty much a Cope only guy before that. This stuff really had a hold on me that I didn't realize. I kept a pouch in my mouth from the time I woke up until just before going to sleep.

I have three boys that all have said that I need to quit. I am doing this for me, but I know that they will be proud as well. I think it scares them a little to be honest. How selfish of me to put them through worrying about something like that? Anyways, I am glad I found this site and hope to get to know some you. Thanks.