Author Topic: Dan 18 year dipper  (Read 1654 times)

Offline CoachDoc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-02-24
  • Interests: Coaching football/baseball, reading, hiking, kayaking, camping, watching my 4 sons grow up
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Dan 18 year dipper
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 09:51:00 PM »
Quote from: dan95yj
Quote from: CoachDoc
Quote from: Grizzly25
Quote from: MikeA
Quote from: bigbamadan
As the title says, my name is Dan and I've had enough. After trying to get my blood sugar down with no success, I found that nicotine was a major cause of it. So down with the fucking can, I love my wife and kids too much to leave them this early!

I spit out my last dip 9pm EDT, 6-7-12.
Dan, what if I was to tell you a way to get your blood sugar down without having to quit??? You interested???

****I'm going to edit this cause I feel little bit like an ass now when I really wasn't trying to be.

When I dipped I used to go to the dentist every 6 months almost like clockwork. Figured it would be best for me to get out ahead of things if there ever looked to be a problem. Every appointment I'd leave feeling bullet proof cause the dentist saw nothing wrong. One time the hygienist said, "It says here you dip, is that right?????" I felt invincible. Like it gave me a licence to dip.

My point here...if your blood sugar instantly get's right. That doesn't mean you are invincible. We all quit for a myriad of reasons. Health right up there at the front. When things get better....don't ever let yourself forget the urgency/fear/desire you feel now.

You can do this. We are all proof. One day at a time. Post your word. Keep your word. Repeat.
bamadan makes a great point. Once you get your blood sugar in check chances are you will try and ease back into dipping if the reason for your quit is the blood sugar.
Quit because you want to quit for you.
And quitting for your wife and kids sounds like a good reason...but it's not. Read this site and you will learn why.
I would say make sure you quit for you and YOUR health!!!

Then should you think you want to dip again you will have to be honest with yourself and ask this question.... What good will come from putting that dip in my mouth?

I say you have to honestly answer that question.....

Stay quit and stay strong brother the fight, fog and misery are worth it in the end!
So, let another Dan - me - chime in here. Not only do I have a name in common with you, but I too was a dipper for 18+ years.

I'm also a former military member, currently a football and baseball coach, as well as a nurse. And I've been quit 835 days. What the fuck does that have to do with anything, you ask?

Well, it means that when I tell you all the things you have been told here are correct, it might make you take it a little more seriously. When I tell you it is fine to love your family enough to quit, but that the only thing...and I do mean ONLY THING that matters in the success of your quit is the answer to the following question:

DO YOU LOVE YOURSELF ENOUGH TO QUIT?

To quit, and stay quit, you have to be selfish...this quit has to be about you and you alone. Trust me...I know this as well as anyone...

You have to be willing and ready to quit and remain quit no matter what...family member dies, not a reason to dip. Wife divorces you, not a reason to dip. Don't get to see your kids very often, not a reason to dip. Lose a job...nope. Never again...for any reason...THAT is what this site is about. Are you ready? Are you Willing?
Hey old friend! I knew it was you before I saw your avatar!! I have known you for many years and your words have always been wise.

Thanks for the replies, brothers. Actually, I do want to quit for myself, for a myriad of reasons, some of which are to be around and enjoy spending time with my family. I recently took up mountain biking because I was always tired of feeling like shit and wanted to drop a few pounds (21 so far).
Small world...

This fella here and I were best friends at 13. Lost contact for a while, share a bit here and there over Facebook, but I don't think I ever mentioned this site to him...and never even knew he dipped.

Ans he shows up here and I happen to ream him out on day one...go figure...

Now he knows I'll cut him even LESS slack...if that were possible...
Blah...Blah...Blah...You keep TALKIN....I'll keep QUITTIN

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to support YOUR quit.

Quit Date: 2/25/10 and every day since
HoF: June 4, 2010
HOF Speech
10th Floor: November 20, 2012

Offline dan95yj

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 08:06:00 PM »
Quote from: CoachDoc
As the title says, my name is Dan and I've had enough. After trying to get my blood sugar down with no success, I found that nicotine was a major cause of it. So down with the fucking can, I love my wife and kids too much to leave them this early!

Dan, what if I was to tell you a way to get your blood sugar down without having to quit??? You interested???

****I'm going to edit this cause I feel little bit like an ass now when I really wasn't trying to be.

When I dipped I used to go to the dentist every 6 months almost like clockwork. Figured it would be best for me to get out ahead of things if there ever looked to be a problem. Every appointment I'd leave feeling bullet proof cause the dentist saw nothing wrong. One time the hygienist said, "It says here you dip, is that right?????" I felt invincible. Like it gave me a licence to dip.

My point here...if your blood sugar instantly get's right. That doesn't mean you are invincible. We all quit for a myriad of reasons. Health right up there at the front. When things get better....don't ever let yourself forget the urgency/fear/desire you feel now.

You can do this. We are all proof. One day at a time. Post your word. Keep your word. Repeat.
bamadan makes a great point. Once you get your blood sugar in check chances are you will try and ease back into dipping if the reason for your quit is the blood sugar.
And quitting for your wife and kids sounds like a good reason...but it's not. Read this site and you will learn why.

Then should you think you want to dip again you will have to be honest with yourself and ask this question.... What good will come from putting that dip in my mouth?

Stay quit and stay strong brother the fight, fog and misery are worth it in the end!
So, let another Dan - me - chime in here. Not only do I have a name in common with you, but I too was a dipper for 18+ years.

I'm also a former military member, currently a football and baseball coach, as well as a nurse. And I've been quit 835 days. What the fuck does that have to do with anything, you ask?

Well, it means that when I tell you all the things you have been told here are correct, it might make you take it a little more seriously. When I tell you it is fine to love your family enough to quit, but that the only thing...and I do mean ONLY THING that matters in the success of your quit is the answer to the following question:

To quit, and stay quit, you have to be selfish...this quit has to be about you and you alone. Trust me...I know this as well as anyone...

You have to be willing and ready to quit and remain quit no matter what...family member dies, not a reason to dip. Wife divorces you, not a reason to dip. Don't get to see your kids very often, not a reason to dip. Lose a job...nope. Never again...for any reason...THAT is what this site is about. Are you ready? Are you Willing?
Hey old friend! I knew it was you before I saw your avatar!! I have known you for many years and your words have always been wise.

Thanks for the replies, brothers. Actually, I do want to quit for myself, for a myriad of reasons, some of which are to be around and enjoy spending time with my family. I recently took up mountain biking because I was always tired of feeling like shit and wanted to drop a few pounds (21 so far).

Offline dan95yj

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 07:59:00 PM »

Sure, Dan. I would be interested in another way to lower my blood sugar, but I am still quitting!

Offline CoachDoc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-02-24
  • Interests: Coaching football/baseball, reading, hiking, kayaking, camping, watching my 4 sons grow up
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 02:10:00 PM »

Blah...Blah...Blah...You keep TALKIN....I'll keep QUITTIN

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to support YOUR quit.

Quit Date: 2/25/10 and every day since
HoF: June 4, 2010
HOF Speech
10th Floor: November 20, 2012

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 10:59:00 AM »

"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 10:22:00 AM »

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 10:13:00 AM »

Welcome to your freedom Dan, freedom from nicotine!
Have you posted roll yet? You would be in the Sept quit group.
Got to the intro pages and read how and why we post roll.
PM me if I can assist you.
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline bigbamadan

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-03-23
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 09:46:00 PM »

Quit: 3/23/10
All good things in all good time.

Offline dan95yj

Dan 18 year dipper
« on: June 07, 2012, 09:28:00 PM »