Author Topic: Hello all!  (Read 1524 times)

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: Hello all!
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 03:43:00 PM »
Quote from: chuckmalarkey
Wow, thanks for the encouragement, I need it! I don't think I slept at all, then got pissed cos I couldn't sleep then drank a lot of coffee and a 5hr energy, went to the gym and ran 8 miles on the treadmill and realized one of my favorite times for a chew was after a good run. So now I'm pissed off, amped up, dead tired at the same time. But fuck it, I'm not giving in! 3 more hours till 1 full day!
That's the right attitude Chuck! Take it a minute at a time if you have to. Minute by minute, day by day. Three days to get rid of the nicotine in your body. Then its all mind games after that. Be stronger than a can of shit Brother. You can do this!

Offline chuckmalarkey

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-02
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 09:33:00 AM »
Wow, thanks for the encouragement, I need it! I don't think I slept at all, then got pissed cos I couldn't sleep then drank a lot of coffee and a 5hr energy, went to the gym and ran 8 miles on the treadmill and realized one of my favorite times for a chew was after a good run. So now I'm pissed off, amped up, dead tired at the same time. But fuck it, I'm not giving in! 3 more hours till 1 full day!

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 08:35:00 AM »
Welcome Chuck! Best decision you ever made!

On a side note, I'm sorry you could never play The Name Game...

Don't hesitate to reach out if you need to.
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline copingwithoutcopen

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 08:22:00 AM »
Welcome Chuck! One of the toughest things to understand about our addiction or any addiction for that matter, is its life long effect. Plan on fighting this daily until you don't have to. Behind these sacred walls are laid bare hundreds of thousands of collective days quit. We don't take it lightly and only ask that you reciprocate and not screw it up. The cost of your freedom is a promise.

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 07:00:00 AM »
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Welcome aboard Chuck. I would say good luck to you, quitting nicotine has NOTHING to do with luck. You have to be really deliberate in your efforts here. Read all you can and get to know the program. You must do 2 things today

1. Post roll
2. Do not use nicotine

Focus on today and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

You can do this. You are not alone.
What ^^^ said!!

and welcome to the best of your life.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 06:17:00 AM »
Welcome aboard Chuck. I would say good luck to you, quitting nicotine has NOTHING to do with luck. You have to be really deliberate in your efforts here. Read all you can and get to know the program. You must do 2 things today

1. Post roll
2. Do not use nicotine

Focus on today and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

You can do this. You are not alone.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 03:56:00 AM »
Good man. Post roll early and keep that shit out of your mouth.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline chuckmalarkey

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-02
Hello all!
« on: December 03, 2014, 02:41:00 AM »
Just wanted to say hi. Quit a 20 year (man when i say it like that....) addiction 12 hours and 13 minutes ago and couldn't be happier to have found this site! I'm ready. After a can a day habit of everything from skoal to grizzly to Kodiak, I saw myself in the mirror in the bathroom at work with spit on my chin and it hit me like a ton of bricks: what the hell have I been doing to myself for the last 20 years?! F×@# this!
Glad to have found a group of folks who have gone through and are going through what I'm about to.
Thank you all!