Author Topic: day 6 and counting  (Read 1725 times)

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: day 6 and counting
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 11:44:00 AM »
Quote from: BRO24
Quote from: Thumblewort
Welcome BRO. Rdad is a BAQ and I concur on the addiction, we are all addicts here. Why did you join in June and just quit now? Just curious.
thought that I was ready to quit back then but just couldn't do it. I'm not sure what is different but I was driving last week went to take a dip and said "fuck this shit" opened up the can and dumped it out the window.

Hardest thing I've done since getting divorced.

I'm not going back, this is the second time that I've honestly tried to quit.
First time lasted 6 weeks and I thought I could just dip once..wrong I couldn't. I wont make that mistake again.
It is hard, but we all have been there. Get some digits from fellow quitters and buckle up. A supportive text from the middle of nowhere can be a crave stopper!
came so damn close to caving last night after hockey...somehow fought through it and made it.
Bro-you got some phone numbers? A crave can easily be dissolved by a quick call or text to a quit brother. Glad you got through, but arm yourself with all the tools possible to succeed!

My number is in your PM.

tarp

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 11:43:00 AM »
Quote from: lighty7
Welcome BRO. Rdad is a BAQ and I concur on the addiction, we are all addicts here. Why did you join in June and just quit now? Just curious.
thought that I was ready to quit back then but just couldn't do it. I'm not sure what is different but I was driving last week went to take a dip and said "fuck this shit" opened up the can and dumped it out the window.

First time lasted 6 weeks and I thought I could just dip once..wrong I couldn't. I wont make that mistake again.
It is hard, but we all have been there. Get some digits from fellow quitters and buckle up. A supportive text from the middle of nowhere can be a crave stopper!
came so damn close to caving last night after hockey...somehow fought through it and made it.
You can do it man - we've all been there. Get some seeds, fake dip, candy gum - whatever it takes to keep that shit out of your mouth.

The freedom is worth it.

Dig in and read as much on this site as you can - HOF Speeches, Words of Wisdon, etc.

Proud to quit with you today
I don't think I want to try the whole fake dip stuff. I think that half my addiction was the sensation of the dip in my lip.
jerking off is a habit. Tobacco is addictive!

Offline BRO24

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: being with my 3 kids and fantastic girlfriend, playing hockey during the winter, watersking and softball during the summer. Also like to restore classic cars and trucks.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 11:37:00 AM »
Quote from: lighty7

You can do it man - we've all been there. Get some seeds, fake dip, candy gum - whatever it takes to keep that shit out of your mouth.

The freedom is worth it.

Dig in and read as much on this site as you can - HOF Speeches, Words of Wisdon, etc.

I don't think I want to try the whole fake dip stuff. I think that half my addiction was the sensation of the dip in my lip.

Offline lighty7

• Quitter
  • Interests: UGA Football
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 11:15:00 AM »

The freedom is worth it.

Offline BRO24

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: being with my 3 kids and fantastic girlfriend, playing hockey during the winter, watersking and softball during the summer. Also like to restore classic cars and trucks.
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 11:09:00 AM »

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 10:59:00 AM »

Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline BRO24

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 10:13:00 AM »

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 05:37:00 PM »
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 05:21:00 PM »
Way to go Bro! Great Decision. I was going to tell you to go post roll but I see you figured that out too! Its rare we don't have beg a new quitter to get their name on roll. Post roll everyday, read a lot here, make some friends. The only thing I will correct you on is that its not a Nasty Habit. It is an addiction. Holler if you need anything.

Offline BRO24

• BANNED
  • Quitter
day 6 and counting
« on: December 15, 2014, 04:57:00 PM »
Hey all Just thought That I would make a quick post. Pretty boring story from me really, I've just had enough of dipping and it is time to give it up.
Been dipping for 15 years. dipped from sun up to sun down, just a little pinch in the check. sick of the stained teeth and bad breath...time to move on from this nasty habit.

Quit day Dec. 12/09/14