Author Topic: Day 1  (Read 2009 times)

Offline Bigdave

• Quitter
  • Interests: Football, fishing, playing with my kids, having sex with the wife-piece, oh..and fishing
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 1
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 08:59:00 PM »
The restless sleep was/is the worst for me. It gets better bro. I remember on my day 6 I woke up and couldn't sleep, so I got outta the bed and went for a ride. I went to walgreens bought 3 dozen eggs and did some high school shit. I drove downtown and commenced to covering every store and car that I saw in yellow shit. Yeah I went ham on downtown in the middle of the night. Well, don't do what I did because close to the end of operation chicken fuck, I saw blue lights in my rearview. Yep..i haven't told anyone here about this..but to make a long story short I ended up getting bailed out by my pissed as a motherfucker wife. Went before the judge 4 days ago and got sentenced to 600 hours of community service, and since I'm a coach, I had to make a speech at my school about the seriousness of pranks/crimes like this. Not to mention I had to clean it all up so the business owners and residents of my downtown know it was me and hate me.

Disclaimer: none of the above is true except for the part about me waking up in the middle of the night...i just layed there and thought about shit till I fell asleep.
Real things happen to real people, even in Disney World

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 07:52:00 PM »
Glad to have you with us - don't worry, sleep will come, it may not come as soon as you need it but fuck it - you will make it through!
my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15

Offline Sparta1989

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-09-09
  • Interests: Nascar racing, Bowling, golfing, bracket racing, fishing
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 12:56:00 PM »
The start of a new day, Day number 3, It seems to be Getting harder and harder to stay asleep now, Ive been posting alot on this thread but it helps me get through the days.... Sleeping doesnt come easy anymore, last night was a really bad night, Dont really think i had a dream im not so sure, all i no is i was waking up almost once every hour, Tossing and turning, the other night was bad but id say last night was a little worse. Day 3 has started lets do it.

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 05:01:00 AM »
Quote from: Morgan1
Quote from: kstampfly
Quote from: Sparta1989
Day 2 is complete, went through a couple mood changes, was getting irritable, constantly wanting just one dip but never did, it was nice telling my self No. I felt as if i have control, but at the same time if i had such control i wouldnt be feeling this miserable....Im sure tomorrow which will be day 3 will be much more worse, today felt strange again, i was pissed off today at different times for no reason what so ever, but idk day 3 I guess im ready for it. i just think i got my ass kicked today..
Even though you may not feel like it, you are starting to gain control of your life again. Every single day you remain quit is another day of freedom. Things don't happen overnight and it takes awhile for your body to readjust after the hell it's been through. Keep kicking ass bro one day at a time.
Listen to this guy^^^^ He's a bad mfer. First 3 days are the hardest. You are almost through them. After that it's a matter of how badass you are. You either quit or you fail. You pick. BTW -- did you dip today? If not then you DID NOT get your ass kicked. YOU did the ass kicking.
Check through other quitters intros, you are not alone in your thoughts and concerns. Hell, day 5 I wanted to mess someone up in a bad way but like Morgan and anyone else says, it will all subside in time. This my friend is the quickening. Embrace it, within the next 24 hours you will have physically removed all nicotine from your system. Own your quit, revel in the suck, and come out feeling unbelievable on the other side.

Freedom is yours, reach out and grab hold

QLAFM

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-05-29
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 11:57:00 PM »
Quote from: kstampfly
Day 2 is complete, went through a couple mood changes, was getting irritable, constantly wanting just one dip but never did, it was nice telling my self No. I felt as if i have control, but at the same time if i had such control i wouldnt be feeling this miserable....Im sure tomorrow which will be day 3 will be much more worse, today felt strange again, i was pissed off today at different times for no reason what so ever, but idk day 3 I guess im ready for it. i just think i got my ass kicked today..
Even though you may not feel like it, you are starting to gain control of your life again. Every single day you remain quit is another day of freedom. Things don't happen overnight and it takes awhile for your body to readjust after the hell it's been through. Keep kicking ass bro one day at a time.
Listen to this guy^^^^ He's a bad mfer. First 3 days are the hardest. You are almost through them. After that it's a matter of how badass you are. You either quit or you fail. You pick. BTW -- did you dip today? If not then you DID NOT get your ass kicked. YOU did the ass kicking.
I have control over my quit. There's no luck involved. - Diesel2112

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline kstampfly

• Quitter
    • http:
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 11:48:00 PM »
Quit Group:
June 2022 No Lip Turd Herd

Quit Date:  13 March 2022
HOF Date:  20 June 2022

Offline Sparta1989

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 11:42:00 PM »

Offline Sparta1989

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 02:58:00 PM »
Thank you guys, today is day 2. i have done nothing much except be on my computer reading posts killing time, but today just seems to be going by sooo slow, chewing lots of gum, drinking lots of water seems to be working...

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-05-29
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 02:26:00 PM »
THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the attitude you need to have. No pussyfootin' up in here. Stare the bitch down and don't waver. Do or do not. There is no try. Welcome aboard.
I have control over my quit. There's no luck involved. - Diesel2112

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline JeffGray

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 01:49:00 PM »
keep it up! toughest part is the beginning..... hardest day was yesterday! We quit one day at a time!
Jeff Gray
I Promise to QUIT Today! And report again tomorrow!

Quit: July 25, 2012
Words of Wisdom - Planning Your Quit!

Offline Sparta1989

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 01:10:00 PM »
I know last nights sleeping was a little difficult i didnt think it would effect me but it did, waking up almost every hour was kinda of annoying, but this is day 2 now ready to kick its ass...

Offline mepmey5

• Quitter
  • Interests: Birdwatching, walking, hiking, running. me and my wife love hiit.(high intensity interval training). We enjoy eating as clean as possible and trying new foods. We are currently doing GSP rushfit 8 week program and so far it kicks ass.
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 09:56:00 AM »
Good for you Sparta. Drink lots of water and fruit juices, get yourself a healthy snack or some candy for those cravings that will come and go,and working out or running is a great stress reliever and will help with the cravings and is great for the body anyway. Keep up the quit and I quit with you today.

Offline TSNUS

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, camping, skiing, BBQing
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 09:13:00 AM »
It's hard, and going to get harder. Take this one day at a time and focus on getting through today only. Remember the suck and use it to remind you the control this addiction has over you. Drink tons of water, exercise, take a sleep aid to get some rest if needed. Post roll and promise to say quit today, you can do this. Proud to be quit with you today!
Quit 8/14/12 and taking my life back one day at a time.

If you don?t control what you have access to, what you have access to will control you.

I?m trying to remind myself daily it?s not the absence of conflict that determines whether or not my relationships are healthy. It?s knowing how to handle the conflicts that will arise.

Character is who we are, not who we pretend to be. It's better to be shaped than to be fake.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 12:23:00 AM »
So today was my first day dipless, seven years doing this and finally quitting, it was unreal to say. I planned the 26th to be my quitting day two weeks ago, it was tough, i felt wierd confused dazed all day today, wanted to cave so bad already on day one.., man i never realized how much dip actually had control over me, but i guess having a dip day in day out all day everyday will make it control you...i just want this stuff out of my life for good.
Sparta click on this link December 2012 Read how to post roll. Come here daily And post your promise.. Start working on a contact list for support. Pm me if you need anything! Now let the games begin!!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Sparta1989

• Quitter
Day 1
« on: August 26, 2012, 11:42:00 PM »
So today was my first day dipless, seven years doing this and finally quitting, it was unreal to say. I planned the 26th to be my quitting day two weeks ago, it was tough, i felt wierd confused dazed all day today, wanted to cave so bad already on day one.., man i never realized how much dip actually had control over me, but i guess having a dip day in day out all day everyday will make it control you...i just want this stuff out of my life for good.