Author Topic: On my way to freedom  (Read 2426 times)

Offline redyota

• Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: On my way to freedom
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2010, 10:38:00 AM »
Quote from: vmadman
Ah, Friday begins. Day one.

No more tabacco, ever. I will post roll for the first time when I wake up tomorrow. This quit is THE quit, but god its going to be tough.

My wife is also the biggest advocate for my quit while at the same time the least supportive wife you could imagine. If I'm even slightly moody I get a "god, just get a fucking dip asshole".

Ugh, well, maybe this forum can substitute for now.

-Luke
Still no roll post?

Curious as to why you didn't go ahead and make your promise when you posted this?

Needed one more?

No way you're still sleeping if this is your first night w/o nic.
"We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Not using gets much easier as time goes by, but the consequences of "just one" never lessen." - Me

Offline RWM

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2010, 08:25:00 AM »
least supportive wife you could imagine. If I'm even slightly moody I get a "god, just get a fucking dip asshole".

Luke - yes do use this place to vent. Keep in mind that you are not a real good judge of what's really going on and how you are acting toward others. When the fog hits, you do have a great chance of becoming an ass. The worst part is you might not recognize that until you are called an ass.

Watch the rage and don't whine to the wife because it's hard. You made the choice to stick that death pack in your lip, she didn't. So you need to work extra hard at not being a dick. Buy her flowers or take her out to dinner to celebrate your small victories (1 wk, 1 month,...)

Be ready for the weekend, have a plan, have contact numbers. Burn off the stress and fog.

Quit on, Quit Strong

Rob
Quit Date: 6/14/10 Hof Date: 9/21/10

My HOF Speech

Philippians 4:6 - Don?t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

Offline davenc

• Quitter
    • www.its-s.net
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2010, 07:31:00 AM »
Ah, Friday begins.  Day one.

No more tabacco, ever.  I will post roll for the first time when I wake up tomorrow.  This quit is THE quit, but god its going to be tough.

My wife is also the biggest advocate for my quit while at the same time the least supportive wife you could imagine.  If I'm even slightly moody I get a "god, just get a fucking dip asshole".

-Luke
When your wife tells you to get a dip you need to tell her to go fuck herself because you are quit!

Hang in there brother, its gonna be a kick ass ride!
Quit with extreme prejudice...
My orders say I'm not supposed to know where I'm taking this quit, so I don't! But one look at you and I know its gonna be hot!

QD: 07/28/2010
HOF: 11/04/2010
2nd Floor: 02/12/2011
3rd Floor: 05/23/2011
1 Year: 07/27/2011
4th Floor: 08/31/2011
5th Floor: 12/09/2011
6th Floor: 03/18/2012
7th Floor: 06/26/2012

Offline vmadman

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2010, 03:49:00 AM »
Ah, Friday begins. Day one.

No more tabacco, ever. I will post roll for the first time when I wake up tomorrow. This quit is THE quit, but god its going to be tough.

My wife is also the biggest advocate for my quit while at the same time the least supportive wife you could imagine. If I'm even slightly moody I get a "god, just get a fucking dip asshole".

-Luke

Offline redyota

• Master of Quit
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010, 10:57:00 AM »
Have you stopped using yet, or do you have another excuse to keep at it?
"We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Not using gets much easier as time goes by, but the consequences of "just one" never lessen." - Me

Offline Fort

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hockey, golf, football, baseball, fishing and being a great dad and husband.
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2010, 09:50:00 AM »
Quote from: redtrain14
Must be Friday, eh?

_
nope, Thursday. Full moon tonight though..... :wacko:
Fuck em all and fucking no regrets.

Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall come easily by what others have labored hard for.
- Socrates

Quit Date - 8/16/2010
HOF - 11/23/2010
1 YR - 8/15/2011
2 YR - 8/15/2012
9th Floor - 1/31/2013

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 09:47:00 AM »
Must be Friday, eh?

_

Offline vmadman

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2010, 12:41:00 PM »
Quote from: redyota

Yeah, only limp dick cavers rationalize dipping. You don't want to be a limp dick caver... You want to be a stone cold quitter with a raging quit erection. Chicks dig that!
aaahahaha

Offline davenc

• Quitter
    • www.its-s.net
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2010, 10:42:00 AM »
Quote from: redyota
Stop rationalizing.....flush that shit bro.
Second the motion.
Yeah, only limp dick cavers rationalize dipping. You don't want to be a limp dick caver... You want to be a stone cold quitter with a raging quit erection. Chicks dig that!
Quit with extreme prejudice...
My orders say I'm not supposed to know where I'm taking this quit, so I don't! But one look at you and I know its gonna be hot!

QD: 07/28/2010
HOF: 11/04/2010
2nd Floor: 02/12/2011
3rd Floor: 05/23/2011
1 Year: 07/27/2011
4th Floor: 08/31/2011
5th Floor: 12/09/2011
6th Floor: 03/18/2012
7th Floor: 06/26/2012

Offline redyota

• Master of Quit
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2010, 10:37:00 AM »
Second the motion.

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 08:39:00 AM »

Offline Spurbow

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting and Grilling
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 07:25:00 PM »
The more I read here the more amazed I am at this whole site.

Its really uplifting, people from all over the place struggling with the same thing I am.. and lending their stories and experience to me.

I dont know that I've ever encountered a nicer group of people. I say I'm quitting Friday.. and I am a man of my word. Friday is my quit day.

I spent a moment, just now, considering if Friday is my quit day, does that mean I can stop dipping on Friday before midnight.. or does that mean I quit Thursday. Hahaha, another example of what this shit does to you. In the light, I will take my last dip on Thursday.

How ridiculous is this? I'm rationalizing out days and hours to quit something that I dont NEED or even WANT in the first place. I agree with the gent who said its 90% mental.. if it is even 10% physical, I dont know. My brain definitely wants the chemical, but I dont think it actually needs it for any particular purpose that it couldnt accomplish otherwise.

The whole thing is fake, and stupid.. I have to succeed, there is no other option. Nicotine is so evil....

I spend time now thinking about all things I enjoy doing with a dip. I think about watching TV at nights with a dip.. ah... its nice. All sorts of things. But why do those things seem better with a dip? I dont know, I cant explain it.. my brain is just trying to trick me into giving it that chemical.

Oh well, I continue to count down the days. Chantix is a great product, by the way, my cravings are dropping fast. When I dont have a dip I barely think of it, and when I get one I dont reallly enjoy it, not like I do when I'm not on Chantix.

I smoked a cigarette last night and, for the first time, it felt like it actually was... burnt leaves in my lunges. To smokers its some awesome joyous event, but with Chantix its just a stupid ritual.

Thanks you for the continued support. I will keep you posted, and I am glad to have people helping me along. Damn, its amazing to have people who care.. for no apparent reason.. about me, who've they have never met. Really, its amazing.

-Luke
Shock and Awe - that is what you have here. Everybody cares about each others quit which combines for something just short of miraculous. I chose 12midnight for my last dip right before my dentist appointment. Stay strong and read everybody elses experiences, like you are, and you will realize how uber intelligent this collective mind really is. There are a lot of nuggets hidden in the slag so keep your eyes peeled even when something doesn't make sense on the surface and QUIT. Great decision Luke!

Spurbow 41 Days
"Silly rabbits, nicotine wasn't filling the void it was creating it." - Skoal Monster

Offline AndruwJacksonTaylor

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family, The Andy Griffith Show, Coaching, Exercise, Penn State Football, MLB, NFL
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 07:06:00 PM »
Vmadman I sent you a PM
Barney Fife: The last big buy was my mom's and dad's anniversary present.
Andy Taylor: What'd ya get 'em?
Barney Fife: Septic tank.
Andy Taylor: For their anniversary?
Barney Fife: Yeah, They're awfully hard to buy for. Besides, it was something they could use. They were really thrilled. It had two tons of concrete in it. All steel reinforced.
Andy Taylor: You're a fine son, Barn.
Barney Fife: I try.

Offline vmadman

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 07:05:00 PM »
The more I read here the more amazed I am at this whole site.

Its really uplifting, people from all over the place struggling with the same thing I am.. and lending their stories and experience to me.

I dont know that I've ever encountered a nicer group of people. I say I'm quitting Friday.. and I am a man of my word. Friday is my quit day.

I spent a moment, just now, considering if Friday is my quit day, does that mean I can stop dipping on Friday before midnight.. or does that mean I quit Thursday. Hahaha, another example of what this shit does to you. In the light, I will take my last dip on Thursday.

How ridiculous is this? I'm rationalizing out days and hours to quit something that I dont NEED or even WANT in the first place. I agree with the gent who said its 90% mental.. if it is even 10% physical, I dont know. My brain definitely wants the chemical, but I dont think it actually needs it for any particular purpose that it couldnt accomplish otherwise.

The whole thing is fake, and stupid.. I have to succeed, there is no other option. Nicotine is so evil....

I spend time now thinking about all things I enjoy doing with a dip. I think about watching TV at nights with a dip.. ah... its nice. All sorts of things. But why do those things seem better with a dip? I dont know, I cant explain it.. my brain is just trying to trick me into giving it that chemical.

Oh well, I continue to count down the days. Chantix is a great product, by the way, my cravings are dropping fast. When I dont have a dip I barely think of it, and when I get one I dont reallly enjoy it, not like I do when I'm not on Chantix.

I smoked a cigarette last night and, for the first time, it felt like it actually was... burnt leaves in my lunges. To smokers its some awesome joyous event, but with Chantix its just a stupid ritual.

Thanks you for the continued support. I will keep you posted, and I am glad to have people helping me along. Damn, its amazing to have people who care.. for no apparent reason.. about me, who've they have never met. Really, its amazing.

-Luke

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 02:29:00 PM »
I've quit cold turkey before and came right back 4 months later. Tried the gum, all of that crap, nothing works.

If the chantix is working for you, that's great. Its a non-nicotine based quit aid. We are just showing you the flip side. However.....

Nothing works? BS! What you didn't have before is a system of accountability. Post roll call early, everyday. Make a promise for 24 hours to a bunch of strangers that are in the same boat you are, repeat the next day.

That, my friend, does work. We prove that here everyday. I have for 958 days in a row, one day at a time.l