Author Topic: My day 1...I don't even have the words...  (Read 4378 times)

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My day 1...I don't even have the words...
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2015, 11:37:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: hando
Quote from: Rawls
Keep taking those big breaths brother. You can do this.
You also have a great group forming to help in those times when it seems there is no oxygen to breath in.
We have all done it.... So can you. ODAAT.
PM if you ever need any help.
Rawls,

I see that you and I are both the same kind of 'gambler'. If you could pray for me, I would greatly appreciate it brother. Specifically for a softened heart toward my wife and kids. Two days in a row and we've had some pretty bad arguments - stupid stuff, but it just triggers something in me. I'm ok for a while as we argue, but then she just keeps picking and picking and I can't help it but fire back...

Here's the hardest part. Since the start of the quit, my strength/faith in Christ has grown cynical, as if to say that He can't do anything to help me. In fact, I don't even want to pray about it. The quit is making me irrational/unreasonable. This used to happen some mornings at home on weekends when I couldn't get a fix. Now that i'm 4 days in, i'm really unreasonable.

i'm making it...
Don't doubt that through his grace this is possible. The anger and fight is part of the suck of quitting. Don't take your pain out on the family they aren't the fools that poisoned you. Hang in there Handjob you can do this.
Gotta walk off my friend! Right or wrong man up grab your sac walkoff! Hey look at those kids they need you to do this as bad as you need this! Prayers for you friend! You got this, who says that this is not the devil in the tin working on you! You've got to give this your all! Want it more than anything you ever wanted! Be strong, be the man! Do not be defeated! I struggle nearly every day but I shrug it off smile and say not today nic bitch! We all here to help! Reach out! Just addict trying to help another addict! Proud to be quit with you today my friend! Anyone can dip but not everyone can handle the quit!
Hey brother... I feel you. I've been in ministry for a couple decades now. Through all of it I chewed like it was my job. This quitting is a hard thing to reconcile sometimes where faith is concerned. One thing along the lines of family... Be extremely open about why you're bein such a butt. Educate them on the physical/mental crap that is going on. Involve them, hand in hand. Healing that will happen together is just as needed as the healing you are going through. Now... Here's the tough one... Give yourself some grace m'man. You are goin through some hell and everything, I mean EVERYTHING, in your life is being reworked as you move further away from nicotine. Christ isn't going anywhere, man... If you aren't in a place to be eloquent in prayer... Dude, He knows. Even if you're just crying out for help and strength to get through, it's alright. His grace, His gift, to you is this site. That's how I chose, and still choose, to look at it. Allow yourself a li'l grace...
Well said AJ! That was some good stuff, needed that myself! Thanks!
You didn't find Ktc as a fluke. Was it luck, or did a higher power help lead you here?

I dunno Hando, but I know that this site helps, and is the difference between a stop and a quit. This time, you are quit. Thank God.

One foot in front of the other.

-w2w
Booooom..... How is that for some answered prayer. Strong support in the halls of KTC.

Yes I will pray for you.
He has blessed you with your wife and kids.
Don't quit for them and bring on resentment towards them. Let them be the benefactor of your decision to not be chained by another Idol.

Quit for you...... You know it needs to die. Let it die and be excited about your new identity.

They want and need to follow you. They need you to lead them, with patience, understanding, gentleness and forgiveness.
When you quit for the right reasons, you will gain respect and teach them how to handle future situations in their own life's.

I pray you receive wisdom and patience to overcome the lies of nicotine.

I Respect your decision to quit. Now let's put some work behind our decision and learn from men with experience above ours that have learned to quit by replacing chemicals with relationships.

Read and stay here fighting the addiction with the same energy you used to feed your addiction.

And last.. Don't ever stop praying. When would it be OK for your own kids to quit asking you for your help?

Swords sharpen Swords.
I just PMed you my Sword Numbers. Call anytime.

Ps.... Go buy your wife some new walking shoes... Ask here to go on walks. Share your struggles and victories about quitting with her, being YOUR IDEA.
Then don't try and fix her... Just let her vent.
After that... Be prepared for some good ol fashion "Necking"
Your quit will be so rewarding, one day you will thank Him for the struggles you are going through today.
I quit with you and your family.
Rawls
I believe.....

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2015, 07:33:00 PM »
You also have a great group forming to help in those times when it seems there is no oxygen to breath in.
Rawls,

I see that you and I are both the same kind of 'gambler'. If you could pray for me, I would greatly appreciate it brother. Specifically for a softened heart toward my wife and kids. Two days in a row and we've had some pretty bad arguments - stupid stuff, but it just triggers something in me. I'm ok for a while as we argue, but then she just keeps picking and picking and I can't help it but fire back...

Here's the hardest part. Since the start of the quit, my strength/faith in Christ has grown cynical, as if to say that He can't do anything to help me. In fact, I don't even want to pray about it. The quit is making me irrational/unreasonable. This used to happen some mornings at home on weekends when I couldn't get a fix. Now that i'm 4 days in, i'm really unreasonable.

i'm making it...
Don't doubt that through his grace this is possible. The anger and fight is part of the suck of quitting. Don't take your pain out on the family they aren't the fools that poisoned you. Hang in there Handjob you can do this.
Gotta walk off my friend! Right or wrong man up grab your sac walkoff! Hey look at those kids they need you to do this as bad as you need this! Prayers for you friend! You got this, who says that this is not the devil in the tin working on you! You've got to give this your all! Want it more than anything you ever wanted! Be strong, be the man! Do not be defeated! I struggle nearly every day but I shrug it off smile and say not today nic bitch! We all here to help! Reach out! Just addict trying to help another addict! Proud to be quit with you today my friend! Anyone can dip but not everyone can handle the quit!
Hey brother... I feel you. I've been in ministry for a couple decades now. Through all of it I chewed like it was my job. This quitting is a hard thing to reconcile sometimes where faith is concerned. One thing along the lines of family... Be extremely open about why you're bein such a butt. Educate them on the physical/mental crap that is going on. Involve them, hand in hand. Healing that will happen together is just as needed as the healing you are going through. Now... Here's the tough one... Give yourself some grace m'man. You are goin through some hell and everything, I mean EVERYTHING, in your life is being reworked as you move further away from nicotine. Christ isn't going anywhere, man... If you aren't in a place to be eloquent in prayer... Dude, He knows. Even if you're just crying out for help and strength to get through, it's alright. His grace, His gift, to you is this site. That's how I chose, and still choose, to look at it. Allow yourself a li'l grace...
You didn't find Ktc as a fluke. Was it luck, or did a higher power help lead you here?

I dunno Hando, but I know that this site helps, and is the difference between a stop and a quit. This time, you are quit. Thank God.

One foot in front of the other.

-w2w

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2015, 02:29:00 PM »
Rawls,

i'm making it...
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2015, 11:31:00 AM »
Rawls,

i'm making it...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2015, 10:22:00 AM »
Rawls,

i'm making it...
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2015, 10:09:00 AM »
Rawls,

i'm making it...
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline hando

• Quitter
  • Interests: Faith, Family, Fishing, Golfing, and any team sport.
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2015, 09:25:00 AM »
Rawls,

i'm making it...

Offline Snowboredm

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-23
  • Interests: I'm a broken man, who's found my life again
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2015, 04:15:00 AM »
Stay close to the site, chat as often as you can, post every day, get numbers! PM me if you need more support!
QUIT 3/23/15. And Today.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2015, 11:58:00 PM »
I believe.....

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2015, 08:45:00 PM »
Hando- you are fucking killing it! Winning at something that you have lost at for a long time. One day at a time brother. Brighter days and freedom are ahead. Keep the faith!!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2015, 01:13:00 PM »
Quitting with you today on your Day 3. It is brutal, but it's all downhill from here!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2015, 09:53:00 AM »
Keep gettin through it, day by day, hour by hour, crave by crave. Learn all you can about nicotine addiction and how others' quits go- read, read, read! It'll carry you through to know what you might face and that others have beat everything the addiction throws your way. Keep going, you're building momentum!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2015, 11:21:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
I see that roll post.

Badass.
Hando, congratulations on posting! It is hard at first to figure it out but everyone on this site now has your back. You have thousands of supporters now. You are like the Taylor Swift of quit (haha.).

Seriously, doesn't it feel different? You just posted your word to thousands of us in your shoes. Today is in the books, so you don't have to worry about today any more. Tomorrow repeat. Really honored to be on this team with you. You've got a bad ass group backing you up.

We are all a text away. You are making the best decisions of your life.

Worktowin
You da man, Michael. Thank you.

Doesn't feel different yet; give me a few more days.
Michael IS the man! And now you are too. Posting roll EVERYDAY is the price of admission. I quit like F... with You Bro!
Hey man there's no way you can not defeat the nic bitch with all these badass quitters on board with you! Listen and pay attention and ask questions to these guy's, post roll EDD! ODAAT ! Keep your promise to yourself and your brothers and sisters and bam that simple! Damn proud to be quit with you today my friend!

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2015, 11:03:00 PM »
I see that roll post.

Badass.
Hando, congratulations on posting! It is hard at first to figure it out but everyone on this site now has your back. You have thousands of supporters now. You are like the Taylor Swift of quit (haha.).

Seriously, doesn't it feel different? You just posted your word to thousands of us in your shoes. Today is in the books, so you don't have to worry about today any more. Tomorrow repeat. Really honored to be on this team with you. You've got a bad ass group backing you up.

Worktowin

Michael IS the man! And now you are too. Posting roll EVERYDAY is the price of admission. I quit like F... with You Bro!

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2015, 10:34:00 PM »
Quote from: Steakbomb18
I see that roll post.

Badass.

Worktowin

Wow, over 50% of those who have posted on your page are on my phone. I know these guys by name, and exchange texts regularly with them every week. Heck, I've even met one of them in person and I plan on meeting more. It all starts with posting roll and you did that, so kudos to you brother. Never did I think that quitting nicotine would bring me a legion of friends dedicated to making sure I save my own life every day. I don't know about you, but I don't have any other friends like that in my life where that is their sole mission. Keep doing what you're doing...and above all post roll. Don't let your new friends down.
This. I'm not sure I've got a bunch of wisdom to add you've got all the badasses out backing you here. If you need another number PM me. Your story is like a lot of us. Replace army with oilfield  mine isnt so far off. It might not feel so different yet from the other times of quitting but it will. This'll be a real quit. Not a pause, break, or slowdown. All you have to do is post roll  keep your promise. Sounds easy. May not always be. But for the guys here posting in your intro that are a hundred or hundreds of days in, they d all made it work. You got this too.