Author Topic: Kicking that sneaky bitch to the curb  (Read 1917 times)

Offline basshaug

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Kicking that sneaky bitch to the curb
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2015, 08:25:00 PM »
Quote from: gingerV1T1S
'Sno' treading the waters.

Sleep is a valid resolution to cravings.

Being home all day helps a ton... No driving by death peddlers.
So is doing pushups, running, fapping 20 times, slamming Your nuts in a drawer. #whateverittakes.

Offline gingerV1T1S

• Quit Date: 2015-04-14
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2015, 07:36:00 PM »
'Sno' treading the waters.

Sleep is a valid resolution to cravings.

Being home all day helps a ton... No driving by death peddlers.

Offline basshaug

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 12:50:00 PM »
Quote from: doc2quit4good
That fog.... holy crap
It will clear... I promise....
theres a reason this exists --- 'zombie'
Keep plowing through

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 12:09:00 PM »
That fog.... holy crap
It will clear... I promise....
NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

Offline gingerV1T1S

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 12:01:00 PM »
That fog.... holy crap

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 10:42:00 PM »
Thanks again.

I think I will use my intro post, may make for good entertainment in a few months to read back through it.
My friend look here. Gas stations, friends dipping, drinking beer, all kinds of things gonna make you think of dipping. Grab your sac, man up and beat this death bitch! This shit is very hard and you damn well better want to do this or you will never make it! Sorry if sounds tough but it's true! Take this, own it, it's yours! Damn proud to be quit with you today my friend! Let's do this together!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline gingerV1T1S

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 12:59:00 PM »
Thanks again.

I think I will use my intro post, may make for good entertainment in a few months to read back through it.

Offline JKEdwards

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-22
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 12:23:00 PM »
Generally most do that in their own groups. So for you in the August group. But literally, you can act like a brat in any group, Live Chat, intros, wherever. Whatever it takes to rant and let off steam on the other quitters instead of family, coworkers, innocent passerbys.

I linked live chat so if you want to visit, just click the link. It's also on the right hand side of the forum in all caps.
Quit Date: 03/22/2015
HOF Date: 06/29/2015

"People often say that motivation doesn?t last. Well, neither does bathing ? that?s why we recommend it daily." -Zig Ziglar

My Introduction

My HOF Speech

Offline gingerV1T1S

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 12:19:00 PM »
Thanks guys.

Got roll up, shouldn't be a problem.

Funny thing, the guy in the cube next to me saw me popping tins out of my backpack and emptying them into the trash. He thought I lost my mind.

As for the gas station clerk, I trek about 50 miles each way to work, none of them know me from Tom... but I drive by about 12 of them each way to work. For a while I am going to have to treat them like enemy territory.

As for the trash can full of dip, the janitor isn't going to like me much today. But at least this is the last day he will have to deal with ripped open pop cans brimming with shit.

So where do I go to vent/bitch/whine and generally act like a spoiled child who lost his favorite toy?

Offline JKEdwards

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-22
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 12:12:00 PM »
It would seem you have the correct mindset. You can only quit for yourself. Quitting isn't easy, or more people would do it. It takes a lot of effort to succeed. It starts with making that daily promise to the group that you will grow close with. I saw you post in August. That group will help you through some rough times, guarantee it.

As for the gas station question. I avoided them early on. When I went, I would just pay at the pump and not go in. But when you do go in the store, just tell the person behind the counter who has probably pulled down your usual worm dirt that you have quit and will not need that anymore. They will generally be happy to comply, and some good ones will even ask you about your quit when you come in.

The more people you get involved in your quit the better. Tell your friends, family, everyone. Hell, I've told complete strangers. It just feels good to know you have broken the chains.

As for roll call, don't stress if you mess it up. The only way to mess up roll is to not be on it.

If you ever have any questions or concerns post them here, somebody will be on and here to help.
Quit Date: 03/22/2015
HOF Date: 06/29/2015

"People often say that motivation doesn?t last. Well, neither does bathing ? that?s why we recommend it daily." -Zig Ziglar

My Introduction

My HOF Speech

Offline basshaug

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 12:08:00 PM »
I am ten years into the worst decision I ever made... that first dip. My theory is that there are two kinds of people that take their first dip. The first person gets sick, and never takes another. The second person goes to the moon on the nicotine express and picks up an addiction. I was guy number 2, and it developed into a 2 plus tin a day addiction.

I can't tell you how many times I have caved after weeks (or sometimes just a couple hours) of absolute misery. This week I failed at quitting three consecutive days. Today I am finally going to post roll, and this post. I have tried in the past to quit for money, for my love, and for my health.

This time it is for me.
This time it is for pride.
This time is for dignity.

That is what my addiction has robbed me of, and that is what I am taking back.

Some opening questions... how the fuck do I get past a gas station? It is like gravity pulls you in.

Im off to figure out roll call (and pitching $7 in the trash can where it belongs)

Regards,

Ginger
FLUSH IT! TAKE A PICTURE OF THAT SHIT SWIRLING DOWN THE DRAIN!

Read up on the welcome center on how to post roll, then join up in August 2015

Offline gingerV1T1S

Kicking that sneaky bitch to the curb
« on: April 29, 2015, 11:47:00 AM »
I am ten years into the worst decision I ever made... that first dip. My theory is that there are two kinds of people that take their first dip. The first person gets sick, and never takes another. The second person goes to the moon on the nicotine express and picks up an addiction. I was guy number 2, and it developed into a 2 plus tin a day addiction.

I can't tell you how many times I have caved after weeks (or sometimes just a couple hours) of absolute misery. This week I failed at quitting three consecutive days. Today I am finally going to post roll, and this post. I have tried in the past to quit for money, for my love, and for my health.

This time it is for me.
This time it is for pride.
This time is for dignity.

That is what my addiction has robbed me of, and that is what I am taking back.

Some opening questions... how the fuck do I get past a gas station? It is like gravity pulls you in.

Im off to figure out roll call (and pitching $7 in the trash can where it belongs)

Regards,

Ginger