Author Topic: Last Dip, for real this time.  (Read 966 times)

Offline J2thaZ

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-01
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Last Dip, for real this time.
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 11:42:00 PM »
Hey man, your intro really hit home with me, and in fact, I had a little crave when you were talking about standing there looking at that wall of cans and how you got to take a dip for the following year. Wanna know my immediate next thought: Bummer for me I already promised KTC I wouldn't use today. I don't regret it for one second.

I'm QLF today. You?
Desire. Dedication. Discipline.

"You determine if you are going to make it, not your excuses." - flashman

"those who are truly my brothers know that I will never betray them." - LOOT

"ain't no way I'm going to lie to my Sultans....I'd rather die" - CavMan83

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 04:35:00 AM »
Mjka,

Welcome to the site. Read, read, read all you can. HOF speeches, intros, words of wisdom, etc. You must learn your adversary well. We do not try here, we just do. You are quit. It is a daily decision. Make a promise and keep your word. It will get easier. You will enjoy your freedom.

Regarding the just one idea: There is no "just one".

Regarding phone numbers: Get some!!

Regarding posting roll: Post everyday day, and do it EARLY.

Regarding all of those triggers that you list. You will return to doing each and every one of those things without the poison. You will come to understand that you NEVER needed nicotine to do any of those things.

Be patient. PM me if you need a number.

Ryan from MI

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 11:18:00 PM »
Quote from: mjka2211
I have been dipping for about 12-13 years. I was at least a can a day guy with many triggers (hunting, fishing, golfing, yard work, real work, ect.). Last year, almost to the day I "quit" dipping. I went from June 19th-September 23rd without a dip. I was doing pretty well and actually came across this site. I never joined a group but would read along whenever I had an urge to dip.

Sometime last September, I decided it would be okay if I had a cigarette while at the bar. I mean, a cigarette isn't dip or snuff and it's only one. Well the nicotine struck me hard and I was soon at the store staring at the cigarettes and the dip (I actually really hate to smoke). I broke down and got my Mint Skoal can and another year of dipping began.

I just had my second child in February of this year and I was thinking enough was enough....again...for like the 1,000th time. The other day, the Tony Gwynn death hit me hard. I have read others on this board say the same thing and that was the day I quit and plan to stay quit. I want to live past 54 years old. I want to see my grandchildren and a stupid can of tabacco isn't going to be what keeps me from doing that.

I look forward to posting roll call bright and early, every day. What's a man have, if his word is no good?

*It is a year to the day. I thought it was the 20th. The fog?
Pretty simple plan. We quit one day at a time. We put our name on roll first thing in the mornung when we wake up (Sept 2014 for your roll call) and then we keep our word to ourselves and all if our brothers/sisters on this site for the day... No nicotine! We don't dwell on the past - can't do a damn thing to change the past. We don't worry about tomorrow.... That we will address tomorrow. Today, we quit for today. And any numbskull , even me, can quit for a day! Hell, I bet you quit for a day a lot of times !

In exchange, you get support. Support from people that know what you are experiencing. From people that lied and made every excuse over the years that you made to feed your addiction. So.... We know what you are experiencing. That doesn't mean you won't get some tough love. We are very serious about this. We are quit! And now that you have joined us, you are too. There are no weak links at ktc... You owe it to us to follow the plan and lean in us when you need us.

It gets a lot better, one day at a time. A lot. Congratulations on your newest kid!

Offline mjka2211

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-17
Last Dip, for real this time.
« on: June 19, 2014, 08:28:00 PM »
I have been dipping for about 12-13 years. I was at least a can a day guy with many triggers (hunting, fishing, golfing, yard work, real work, ect.). Last year, almost to the day I "quit" dipping. I went from June 19th-September 23rd without a dip. I was doing pretty well and actually came across this site. I never joined a group but would read along whenever I had an urge to dip.

Sometime last September, I decided it would be okay if I had a cigarette while at the bar. I mean, a cigarette isn't dip or snuff and it's only one. Well the nicotine struck me hard and I was soon at the store staring at the cigarettes and the dip (I actually really hate to smoke). I broke down and got my Mint Skoal can and another year of dipping began.

I just had my second child in February of this year and I was thinking enough was enough....again...for like the 1,000th time. The other day, the Tony Gwynn death hit me hard. I have read others on this board say the same thing and that was the day I quit and plan to stay quit. I want to live past 54 years old. I want to see my grandchildren and a stupid can of tabacco isn't going to be what keeps me from doing that.

I look forward to posting roll call bright and early, every day. What's a man have, if his word is no good?

*It is a year to the day. I thought it was the 20th. The fog?
Keep on quitin on.