Author Topic: see y'all monday  (Read 2840 times)

Offline 11X4

• Quit Pro
    • www.killthecan.org
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: see y'all monday
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 11:17:00 PM »
***Insert monotone sarcasm here***

These guys don't know what they're talking about. I can quit anytime I want. I just want to have some beers with my boys and then i'll ditch this tin. then i can do it. anytime i want. those poor guys had a hard time, but i won't. what do they know?

***end monotone sarcasm***

I say boy, any of this gettin through to ya?
I've always wanted to save a life, so I started with mine.

Quit Date: 4/22/2007~HOF: 7/30/2007~2nd Floor: 11/7/07~3rd Floor: 2/15/08~1 YEAR!: 4/22/2008~4th Floor: 5/25/2008~5th Floor: 9/2/2008~6th Floor: 12/11/2008~7th Floor: 3/21/2009~2 Years: 4/22/2009~ 8th Floor: 6/29/2009 ~ 9th Floor: 10/7/2009 ~ My Comma: 1/15/2010!

In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing-the worst thing you can do is nothing. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline DeanTheCoot

• Quitter
  • Interests: reading, eating, walking, running, fishing, Freemasonry, coffee, pussy, hunting, motorcycles, history, badminton, trees
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2009, 10:17:00 PM »
I love parades. All kinds.

Offline jaydisco

• Quitter
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2009, 09:56:00 PM »
Quote from: FtheKodiak
Quote from: Ready
Do you REALLY want to quit?  I'm not feelin it.  I could be wrong though.  ;)
sorry man but as we type this dooshhhhh has a dip in his mouth....

not buying none of it..................
probably told his girl he'd stop banging dudes "right after the parade" too...
Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. -
Jules Winnfield

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym and Coaching and Running Pop Warner Program. I'll fuck all you mother fuckers up.
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2009, 09:25:00 PM »
Quote from: Ready
Do you REALLY want to quit? I'm not feelin it. I could be wrong though. ;)
sorry man but as we type this dooshhhhh has a dip in his mouth....

not buying none of it..................
football rules, soccer drools

HOF: July 7th, 2009

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2009, 09:17:00 PM »
Do you REALLY want to quit? I'm not feelin it. I could be wrong though. ;)

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2009, 05:38:00 PM »
Quote from: mintlure
Whats up everyone...

Just wanted to committ myself to joining this coming Monday. I would start today, but the BBF combo (beer, bbq, and fishing) coming up this weekend would be unrealistic. I'm 24 years old, and have been dipping for 2 years or so. My friends dad just got through a cancer spout.....needless to say my incentive to seek y'all out.

enjoy the weekend, and' I'll see yall monday....tuesday at the latest
Well..."Just wanted to committ myself to joining this coming Monday." Good shit!!!

For second there, I thought - here's a guy with a plan. He's set a quit date and has incentive to make it happen. He's posted his resolution to accomplish a major life changing improvement on Monday, May 25, 2009.

And then he says, "....tuesday at the latest".

There's something you'll learn mighty quick here mintlure - your word is all you have. If you make a commitment (which you already have - MONDAY) then you better stick to it. Yes, we're an internet community, but giving us your word, is giving your word to yourself and everyone you love and respect in your life. If you can not keep your word to us, you have problems bigger than your addiction.

So, I'll see you Monday. I will support you 100%. If I don't see you Monday, well, I'm just a random internet avatar and nothing more. Have a good weekend with your addiction. See you Monday.

Offline Stretch

• Quitter
  • Interests: Good times with Family and Friends
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2009, 04:12:00 PM »
Quote from: jaydisco
Quote from: Buckfever36
Whats up everyone...

Just wanted to committ myself to joining this coming Monday.  I would start today, but the BBF combo (beer, bbq, and fishing) coming up this weekend would be unrealistic.  I'm 24 years old, and have been dipping for 2 years or so.  My friends dad just got through a cancer spout.....needless to say my incentive to seek y'all out. 

Let me break it down to ya, There is always going to be a reason to push the date out. Weekend, holiday party, fishing, the next holiday.

My advice do it now while you have momentum on your side. Flush your can spit out that dip and get on with it.

By the time Monday gets here you'll have 3 days under your belt and the nicotine out of your body.

I triple dog dare you to Quit today right now!
Mintlure: there is a lot of wisdom on this page - I am 33, 15yr dipper and kicked the shit 19 days ago. These boys will save your life - dont be a douche, and dont waste their time - someone else needs the support in their quit.

ball-up kid - you quit right now.
can't agree more with 'disco on this one....32 and 17 years under my belt....real proud of that! These guys (gals too) have helped me get to my 25th day because I stopped making excuses as to why I couldn't and decided I would. Then I did something really intelligent.....I listened to these guys!

You have managed to get all of us sending advice and concern your way today. Not to say we mind, after all that IS why we are all here. However, we could be supporting others who were serious about their quit and actually struggling through it......we are here for you now; why don't you just go ahead and toss the shit out the window and spend the weekend chewing sunflower seeds?

You gotta a set or have they yet to grow fuzz on them?
Quit: April 27, 2009
HOF: August 4, 2009

Offline jaydisco

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2009, 03:41:00 PM »
Quote from: Buckfever36
Whats up everyone...

Just wanted to committ myself to joining this coming Monday.  I would start today, but the BBF combo (beer, bbq, and fishing) coming up this weekend would be unrealistic.  I'm 24 years old, and have been dipping for 2 years or so.  My friends dad just got through a cancer spout.....needless to say my incentive to seek y'all out. 

Let me break it down to ya, There is always going to be a reason to push the date out. Weekend, holiday party, fishing, the next holiday.

My advice do it now while you have momentum on your side. Flush your can spit out that dip and get on with it.

By the time Monday gets here you'll have 3 days under your belt and the nicotine out of your body.

Mintlure: there is a lot of wisdom on this page - I am 33, 15yr dipper and kicked the shit 19 days ago. These boys will save your life - dont be a douche, and dont waste their time - someone else needs the support in their quit.

ball-up kid - you quit right now.
Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. -
Jules Winnfield

Offline Buckfever36

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Rail Dune Buggys.
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2009, 03:29:00 PM »
Whats up everyone...

Quit Date 12/31/2007 (8:00 PM)

Offline quit_aug_27_08

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: not chewingbeing a good dadbeing a good husband
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2009, 03:20:00 PM »
good idea...

last dip will be sunday night...will throw out tin before bed....(and by throw out I mean in a place I can't dig it out)
C'mon - ball up. You're here, you're on the site. Throw it out now. Tell chew to fuck off and it doesn't matter what the hell is happening this weekend, you aren't chewing - PERIOD.

If quitting was easy, there would be no need for this site. Whether you like it or not, after midnight on Monday morning, there is something that will come up that will make you say - I can push this until Tuesday, or next week or next month. We are addicts and we lie. You are here because you want to quit.

Man up and embrace the suck.

Offline cubs204

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing and fucking.
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2009, 03:16:00 PM »
Quote from: NKT
good idea...

last dip will be sunday night...will throw out tin before bed....(and by throw out I mean in a place I can't dig it out)
Sunday night it is.

Let me help you with some of the mind games now. You know you'll be up late on Sunday night to get one more dip in, and when 11:59PM Sunday evening turns into 12:00AM Monday morning you'll be tempted to redefine "Sunday evening" as "before the sun rises on Monday". Set a time beyond which you will not dip. I suggest 12:00AM. I'll expect you to post a day-1 roll call at 12:01AM on Monday, promising not to use nicotine that day.
Honest to goodness, I told my girlfriend I would be done on april 1st. Well, the night before I ran out of dip at 7 pm or so. Go to the station get another can, cant end on a low note, ya know. Well, the morning of april 1st rolls around, I still have 3/4 can left, cant throw that away, ill finish this can. Can gone, well its the middle of the day, might as well finish this day out. Driving home, hey, half a can left, I ll wait till the girl goes to bed, finish this then be done. THEN I WOKE THE FUCK UP AND THREW THAT SHIT OUT THE WINDOW! there is always an excuse.
IT GETS EASIER!!

"Nicotine is not a crutch, it's a limp. Accountability is a crutch. Use it to get stronger." - ninereasons March 2, 2011

Offline nkt

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2009, 03:08:00 PM »
good idea...

Sunday night it is.

Let me help you with some of the mind games now. You know you'll be up late on Sunday night to get one more dip in, and when 11:59PM Sunday evening turns into 12:00AM Monday morning you'll be tempted to redefine "Sunday evening" as "before the sun rises on Monday". Set a time beyond which you will not dip. I suggest 12:00AM. I'll expect you to post a day-1 roll call at 12:01AM on Monday, promising not to use nicotine that day.

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym and Coaching and Running Pop Warner Program. I'll fuck all you mother fuckers up.
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2009, 03:06:00 PM »
good idea...

'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup' 'B.S.'

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2009, 03:02:00 PM »
Quote from: DeanTheCunt
The difference, of course, is that I never told a bunch of recovering addicts that I was gonna go have a few days' worth of dip and THEN come join them.
Well said, my friend, well fucking said!

Offline mintlure

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2009, 03:02:00 PM »
good idea...