Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2204 times)

Offline Traci

• Interests: Fishing,boating anything to do with water..
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Introduction
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2013, 10:17:00 PM »
Thanks guys!!y'all are awesome!!So glad I found this site,its going to be a tremendous tool :)And while right now I'm very excited and ready to go with this,I know there will be days that I will winder wth am I thinking lol..already had a few (OK more than a few)moments like that..but I'm so grateful that now I know I don't have to do this alone..again a HUGE THANK YOU for all the support because it will be y'all that pull me through this :) have a great evening guys.

Traci

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2013, 06:53:00 PM »
Quote from: mrs.cdaniels
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim
Quote from: srans
Quote from: traumagnet
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Quote from: Traci
So I have been on here 2 days and I still don't know if I'm doing this right but here goes..my name is Traci and I thought I would be the only female dipper on here..I was wrong lol..I dipped 1 can a day for 2 years.And let me say this,this has been the hardest thing I have ever done..And honestly with all the withdrawal issues especially the anger,I have for a second questioned myself..But I know this is what I have got to do and I am very determined ..and although 4 days quit may not seem like long to some but to me thats 4 cans that I haven't touched..4 days of hell that I do not want to repeat..I might be a total bitch for a few days but this to shall pass..one day at a time..or rather for now,one thought of I don't need dip and I can do this, at a time.Its more than one day at a time..its one hour..goodluck everyone and thanks for all the help :)
I think we have ourselves a quitter here. Congrats on the decision to take your life back. Read, read, read all that can on the site. The wisdom to quit lies within. You just bring the balls, aaahheem, I mean ovaries? Sorry, just kidding.

You are definately not the only female on this site. Four of the finest quitters I have ever met are female and they hang out here quite frequently, 2mch2lv4, LionheartGirl, MrsCDaniels and from my very own quit group Sage. I am sure you will meet them if you stick around.

Ryan
If you are on day 4 quit then you would b in October I believe. important part is that you are quit. I will not lie to you it won't be easy work your way around the site. Keep a log of what u r feeling in your thread.
Well welcome to the site hang in there
Welcome Tracy. Glad you found your own intro. Sir derek is one great quitter and I'm sure he didn't mind sharing with you for a bit.

My advice is the same as trauma. Read until you can't read anymore. Rest and then read some more. Learn your enemy. The poison is no joke and will not go quietly. The more you learn about nicotine and quitting the easier it will be.

Ktc has pretty much everything you need to learn about this enemy. It even has a road map showing you what you'll be going through. You'll find everything in the welcome center. Need anything give anyone of us a pm. Glad to be quit you.
Traci, you have got some serious no-joke quitters already reaching out to you. That is great. Take advantage. Get numbers and increase that accountability. I second their call to go read all you can on this site. Read other people's intros all the way through. It really helps.
The days of having a can tell us what to do are over.
Glad to be quit with you.
Yay u figured it out lol!! Im so excited for u and ur quit journey! It wont be easy but stay on this site and read. Get into chat im always in there! U got my number already so use it whenever u need to im so happy u took ur life back from the nic! Im here if u need me girl and welcone to KTC. Best damn place to be!
Laura (mrs.cdaniels)

Laura is a badass... Listen to her :)
Was good texting with you... Keep this site close and your new quit friends closer. We are quitting right alongside you every day. You got this!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline mrs.cdaniels

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2013, 06:34:00 PM »
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim
So I have been on here 2 days and I still don't know if I'm doing this right but here goes..my name is Traci and I thought I would be the only female dipper on here..I was wrong lol..I dipped 1 can a day for 2 years.And let me say this,this has been the hardest thing I have ever done..And honestly with all the withdrawal issues especially the anger,I have for a second questioned myself..But I know this is what I have got to do and I am very determined ..and although 4 days quit may not seem like long to some but to me thats 4 cans that I haven't touched..4 days of hell that I do not want to repeat..I might be a total bitch for a few days but this to shall pass..one day at a time..or rather for now,one thought of I don't need dip and I can do this, at a time.Its more than one day at a time..its one hour..goodluck everyone and thanks for all the help :)
I think we have ourselves a quitter here. Congrats on the decision to take your life back. Read, read, read all that can on the site. The wisdom to quit lies within. You just bring the balls, aaahheem, I mean ovaries? Sorry, just kidding.

You are definately not the only female on this site. Four of the finest quitters I have ever met are female and they hang out here quite frequently, 2mch2lv4, LionheartGirl, MrsCDaniels and from my very own quit group Sage. I am sure you will meet them if you stick around.

Ryan
If you are on day 4 quit then you would b in October I believe. important part is that you are quit. I will not lie to you it won't be easy work your way around the site. Keep a log of what u r feeling in your thread.
Welcome Tracy. Glad you found your own intro. Sir derek is one great quitter and I'm sure he didn't mind sharing with you for a bit.

My advice is the same as trauma. Read until you can't read anymore. Rest and then read some more. Learn your enemy. The poison is no joke and will not go quietly. The more you learn about nicotine and quitting the easier it will be.

Ktc has pretty much everything you need to learn about this enemy. It even has a road map showing you what you'll be going through. You'll find everything in the welcome center. Need anything give anyone of us a pm. Glad to be quit you.
Traci, you have got some serious no-joke quitters already reaching out to you. That is great. Take advantage. Get numbers and increase that accountability. I second their call to go read all you can on this site. Read other people's intros all the way through. It really helps.
Yay u figured it out lol!! Im so excited for u and ur quit journey! It wont be easy but stay on this site and read. Get into chat im always in there! U got my number already so use it whenever u need to im so happy u took ur life back from the nic! Im here if u need me girl and welcone to KTC. Best damn place to be!
Laura (mrs.cdaniels)

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2013, 05:36:00 PM »

Ryan

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2013, 05:00:00 PM »

Ryan

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 03:02:00 PM »

Ryan
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 02:52:00 PM »

Ryan

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 02:09:00 PM »
Welcome Traci, you made a great decision! I'd suggest reading everything you can on this site, starting with the Welcome Center tab on the banner. There are many women quitters on this site, I'm sure you are meeting them already. Don't hesitate to ask if you need help or have a question. The tools here do work, you just have to use them...
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 02:08:00 PM »
Quote from: Mjollnir
I believe you are in the October group. Your group is determined by your quit date. If you need help, let us know.
Traci-

This site can help you kick your nicotine habit to the curb. We don't use words like try or hope as they are just another excuse for our addictive brains to tell us another lie. There are no short cuts, but here are some links that will help you navigate this site.

This a NO NICOTINE site. End of discussion. Why this Site Works

Best thing to do is get familiar with this site and start building your quit defense.

Highly recommend you go here: Welcome Center, Getting Acclimated, What to Expect   Top Ten List

Your quit Decision MUST be 100% about you. Anything short of that sets you up for failure by allowing your addict brain to blame a given situation as reason for you to go back to the can.
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline Mjollnir

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 01:56:00 PM »
I believe you are in the October group. Your group is determined by your quit date. If you need help, let us know.

Offline Traci

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 01:50:00 PM »

Offline Traci

Introduction
« on: July 27, 2013, 01:47:00 PM »