Author Topic: Quit Day 2  (Read 1765 times)

Offline CoachW

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-09-19
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quit Day 2
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 03:47:00 PM »
Quote from: Samrs
Quote from: CoachW
Day 2 has been tough, it feels like the cravings come every 30 minutes or so, which almost feel like panic attacks. I'm drinking plenty of water and chewing some gum. I do have some of Jakes to throw in every once in a while but I dont' want to get hooked on that either...
Hang in there. Don't worry about the fake too much, Coach. Use it as you have to. It's not nicotine, so it's just another tool in your arsenal. If plowing through a can of fake keeps you from stuffing cancer in your mouth, use it. I just passed 250, and really, even the fake stuff is kinda gross to me now. I'll still use it to kill or head off a crave, but I'm going through a can every 2-3 weeks now instead of every day. It might help if you pick a flavor that you've never used before - for me, as a cope longcut guy, Jake's cola flavored stuff and Grinds coffee pouches are just weird. It helps kill a craving, but after five minutes, I'm thinking, "Why am I sucking on this again?" and out it comes.
Thanks, I guess Jakes is better than the real thing for now. One day at a time...

Offline Tpassala

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 03:41:00 PM »
Lots of water has definitely been helping me. Also just chewing on a toothpick, really anything to keep my mouth busy. Reach out if you need anything, we are all going through the same thing day in and day out

Offline Samrs

• GUD BOI!
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Just freaking post roll, OK?
  • Quit Date: 10 Jan 2017
  • Interests: Writing, gaming (computer, tabletop, board and card), SF/Fantasy, hapkido.
  • Likes Given: 1561
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 03:40:00 PM »
Quote from: CoachW
Day 2 has been tough, it feels like the cravings come every 30 minutes or so, which almost feel like panic attacks. I'm drinking plenty of water and chewing some gum. I do have some of Jakes to throw in every once in a while but I dont' want to get hooked on that either...
Hang in there. Don't worry about the fake too much, Coach. Use it as you have to. It's not nicotine, so it's just another tool in your arsenal. If plowing through a can of fake keeps you from stuffing cancer in your mouth, use it. I just passed 250, and really, even the fake stuff is kinda gross to me now. I'll still use it to kill or head off a crave, but I'm going through a can every 2-3 weeks now instead of every day. It might help if you pick a flavor that you've never used before - for me, as a cope longcut guy, Jake's cola flavored stuff and Grinds coffee pouches are just weird. It helps kill a craving, but after five minutes, I'm thinking, "Why am I sucking on this again?" and out it comes.
"We have so much experience here in lying to ourselves and others, that it takes a strong voice to snap ourselves out of it... Be thankful that all these people are willing to be invested in you saving your life." -- drstober
"You're playing a game of chicken with a dead plant in a plastic can. If you cave you lost to a dead plant." -- Candoit
"The answer isn't more numbers. The answer is build relationships." -- Broccoli-saurus
"ok. now groop hug." -- 'drome
"The rule is WUPP (Wake Up Piss Post) regardless of time or zone, unless you are in the Phantom Zone.  In that case, hit up Jor-El and he can get you on roll." -- S412
My Intro - The Weight of Days - Mall Walking - Workin' it off in the Excercise Group

Offline CoachW

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 03:25:00 PM »

Offline jeffw

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fly Fishing, golf, hanging with the family, university of washington football
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 12:23:00 PM »
drink lots of water coach, get yourself some seeds, gum, fake chew, or whatever you need to fight the craves. The first few days are going to be rough as you removed the nicotine from your body. We are all addicts here and have been through it so don't hesitate to reach out.

Offline CoachW

• Quitter
Quit Day 2
« on: September 20, 2017, 11:52:00 AM »
Hi Everyone, I'm a newbie to the site but have been dipping for 15 to 20 years and decided to quit a few days ago. My last dip was yesterday morning in the shower. I have 4 kids and a wife who are going to be very happy that I have quit, really they already are that I have. I'm 37 years old and want to live as long as I can, that's my main reason for quitting. I also have recently had some high anxiety and I'm not sure why, I'm taking a hard look at my life and making necessary changes to be healthy and quit dipping is one of them. I've been wanting to quit for what seems like forever, telling myself just one more can, or just get through this stressful week but never did. This morning I threw away my half empty tin and haven't had a dip since yesterday morning. I'm not looking back, gonna deal with the tough times ahead and take it one day at a time.

CoachW