Author Topic: new guy  (Read 2429 times)

Offline LeonardThompson

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: new guy
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2014, 12:11:00 PM »
Nice one, Dave. Stay with it. I can't put the words together to express how accomplished you will feel in the next few days.

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2014, 12:02:00 PM »
Quote from: slug.go
Quote from: Doc
Quote from: Quit
Quote from: srans
Quote from: electricdave
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Hello, I am new and dont really understand how this site works. I could use a little direction on where to go and how to navigate this site. Anyway.. A guy I work with had most of his tonque removed last week in a 13 hour surgery at 38 years old...So after nearly 20 years of chewing I have decided to quit. I am still tapering off at this point but have reduced my chewing by nearly 90%. Any words of wisdom????
Welcome. We don't taper off here. We don't hope, try or think about quitting.

WE QUIT PERIOD!!!

The only thing you are doing is prolonging the inevitable and torturing yourself. It takes three days for the nicotine to get out of your system once you quit. Then it becomes mental. In no time you will look back and want to kick yourself right in the a@@ for torturing yourself by tapering off. I say this, because I was you 389 days ago. How stupid I was. You can't beat this poison by trying to trick it. You must take it completely out of the equation.

Lets get some quit on my friend. Go to the welcome center at the top left. Begin reading how and why we post roll. Pay particular attention to why. Begin reading everything you can on this site. Begin learning your addiction/nicotine. Learn your enemy it knows you.

You want your life back your going to have to take the plunge my friend. No more games. There is nothing to fear. The water is fine. Jump the hell in, what you got to lose?
I look at it this way, if you taper and 1 of your 10% dips is the one that puts you in a position for tongue removal, well then probably should have cut the cord 100%. And so you have it, the KTC creed. No nicotine, read up and learn to post roll, get active, and build support using this thread.

srans is a stud badass quitter and has given you all the direction you need. Suck it all in and read these stories. You will soon learn that, maybe, for the first time in your life there are others out there just like you. Addicts who engaged in pathetic addictive behavior to feed the nic bitch addiction. Get ready to embrace the next 72 hours of no nicotine, it's going to joyfully suck ass. You'll love the notion of being quitÂ…I'm telling you to also love the notion of how bad this sucks now and the promise to yourself never to go through it again. In 3 days, you will be able to look at yourself with different eyes, those of a quitter rather than those of an addict. Quit hard brother.
I dont know how to join a group, do roll call, or any of that. I have been to the welcome center... it tells you to do those things but no how. I dont understand it.
It's a little confusing at first. Give it a shot. If you mess it up it will get fixed. Your going to be in the june group. The first couple times posting can be a little tricky, but you'll get the hang of it.
The link on how to post roll is HERE
If you want the video it is HERE

The link to where to post roll for you is HERE
Fist throw away your crutch, promise to not use nicotine today. go to the welcome center and read everything. Then find your quit group and click on it. Find the newest entry, click quote, select all in the box with writing and CTRL-X to delete. Go to reply box and CTRL-V to paste. Scroll up to add your name and promise for the day at the end of the new quitters.
Don't worry about screwing it up. Everyone will help.
Congrats on the best decision of your life.
Welcome--I will quit with you today!
When you post roll, you'll be in the June 2014 Quit Group. Do it. Today.
Saw you posted Roll alright. That's the biggest step, your promise to quit Nic. Enjoy the ride because it's gonna be bumpy then it becomes more smooth sailing.

Offline Menace

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2014, 11:59:00 AM »
You have 2 choices......

1. Get on with quitting like you have a pair

or

2. Be the next guy to lose his tongue and thats assuming it is all you lose!

We have all been in your shoes, we all work together to quit, we will quit with you today.
post roll and man up amigo!!!!
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2014, 11:14:00 AM »
Quote from: Doc
Hello, I am new and dont really understand how this site works. I could use a little direction on where to go and how to navigate this site. Anyway.. A guy I work with had most of his tonque removed last week in a 13 hour surgery at 38 years old...So after nearly 20 years of chewing I have decided to quit. I am still tapering off at this point but have reduced my chewing by nearly 90%. Any words of wisdom????

WE QUIT PERIOD!!!

The only thing you are doing is prolonging the inevitable and torturing yourself. It takes three days for the nicotine to get out of your system once you quit. Then it becomes mental. In no time you will look back and want to kick yourself right in the a@@ for torturing yourself by tapering off. I say this, because I was you 389 days ago. How stupid I was. You can't beat this poison by trying to trick it. You must take it completely out of the equation.

Lets get some quit on my friend. Go to the welcome center at the top left. Begin reading how and why we post roll. Pay particular attention to why. Begin reading everything you can on this site. Begin learning your addiction/nicotine. Learn your enemy it knows you.

You want your life back your going to have to take the plunge my friend. No more games. There is nothing to fear. The water is fine. Jump the hell in, what you got to lose?
I look at it this way, if you taper and 1 of your 10% dips is the one that puts you in a position for tongue removal, well then probably should have cut the cord 100%. And so you have it, the KTC creed. No nicotine, read up and learn to post roll, get active, and build support using this thread.

srans is a stud badass quitter and has given you all the direction you need. Suck it all in and read these stories. You will soon learn that, maybe, for the first time in your life there are others out there just like you. Addicts who engaged in pathetic addictive behavior to feed the nic bitch addiction. Get ready to embrace the next 72 hours of no nicotine, it's going to joyfully suck ass. You'll love the notion of being quitÂ…I'm telling you to also love the notion of how bad this sucks now and the promise to yourself never to go through it again. In 3 days, you will be able to look at yourself with different eyes, those of a quitter rather than those of an addict. Quit hard brother.
I dont know how to join a group, do roll call, or any of that. I have been to the welcome center... it tells you to do those things but no how. I dont understand it.
It's a little confusing at first. Give it a shot. If you mess it up it will get fixed. Your going to be in the june group. The first couple times posting can be a little tricky, but you'll get the hang of it.

Fist throw away your crutch, promise to not use nicotine today. go to the welcome center and read everything. Then find your quit group and click on it. Find the newest entry, click quote, select all in the box with writing and CTRL-X to delete. Go to reply box and CTRL-V to paste. Scroll up to add your name and promise for the day at the end of the new quitters.
When you post roll, you'll be in the June 2014 Quit Group. Do it. Today.
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2014, 11:04:00 AM »

WE QUIT PERIOD!!!

Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline Quit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quitting One Day At A Time
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2014, 10:47:00 AM »

WE QUIT PERIOD!!!

I have been Quit for several years and I still wake up every morning and quit one day at a time.  I figure if it worked yesterday, it will work today.  Never ever get complacent in your quit!

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 10:25:00 AM »
There should be a link for the video showing you how to post roll, step by step. I had to watch it a couple of times before I understood what I was doing.
"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 09:45:00 AM »

WE QUIT PERIOD!!!

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline electricdave

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 09:32:00 AM »

WE QUIT PERIOD!!!

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 09:09:00 AM »

WE QUIT PERIOD!!!

Certified Grade A Badass

Offline tdubs

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 09:07:00 AM »
Take your can, empty it in the toilet and post roll. Quit now. I'll quit with you. PM me or anyone else here if you have any questions or want to vent to others who have been through and are going through the exact same thing you are. You got this, and we'll help in any way possible.
**Nicotine free since Feb 27, 2014**

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 09:02:00 AM »

WE QUIT PERIOD!!!

Don't "taper" off. Just quit for gods sake. Read the welcome center. Read everything. Post roll ever day. Come on in man. Don't be scared to quit.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 08:48:00 AM »

WE QUIT PERIOD!!!

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 08:30:00 AM »
As far as advice, quit. Tapering off is ok, but make the decision to quit, completely. If you allow yourself to continue doing it, even if it's significantly less, you're less likely to quit. Take it one day at a time. We post roll every morning here to make a commitment to ourselves and our brothers and sisters on this forum that we're not going to use nicotine today.

If you need help or encouragement: reach out to someone. This place is full of people who want to help you succeed in your quit. Send me a private message if you'd like contact info to get ahold of me outside of the forum.
"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline electricdave

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 08:08:00 AM »