Author Topic: New quitter today  (Read 1622 times)

Offline jmar829

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New quitter today
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 05:31:00 PM »
Quote from: KKLJINC
Welcome to KTC, you have some good advice in the posts below. We have all been and are still going through it. Use the site.
If not for quitting help, I'll certainly come back for that avatar!
"If you find yourself going through hell...keep going"
?Winston Churchill
Quit Date 5/15/13

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 01:29:00 PM »
Great advice below. In all these post. Read all you can in the welcome center. Read HOF speeches. Then reach out an get some numbers. I would be happy to give you mine. Get to know some of us PM the guys that seem to have commonality with. Etc.

But most of all your on the right damn track!,,,, Your bad ass posted roll today!,,,,,,

I quit with you man.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 11:58:00 AM »
Welcome to KTC, you have some good advice in the posts below. We have all been and are still going through it. Use the site.

Offline jmar829

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 11:32:00 AM »
Quote from: Evil_Won
Finally I discovered the Atommic Fireball. They burn like a mofo and last for about 40 minutes as you can't chew them without shattering a few teeth.
This sounds like a good idea. I think the 'burn' is one of the things I liked about dip. Mints and other things can't replace that feeling.
?Winston Churchill
Quit Date 5/15/13

Offline Recruit23

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 11:29:00 AM »
Hey jmar,

Congrats on the quit! I am on day 2. I have been dealing with the oral fixations with seeds and grinds, which is a fake. Seems to be working. I have heard of putting cold cuts or tea bags in your gum can work too.

PM me if you want/need anything. We got this!

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 11:29:00 AM »
Welcome. Anything besides dip is an acceptable alternative. For me, I tried life savers wintergreen and pop-o-mint, but I just chewed them up. Seeds were good but the salt can tear up your mouth. Chewing on things like coffee stirs, toothpicks, "flossers" was good. I like cramming in a green tea teabag to suck on (wet it first). Finally I discovered the Atommic Fireball. They burn like a mofo and last for about 40 minutes as you can't chew them without shattering a few teeth.

Do whatever it takes. Lastly, the best crave killer for me has been just reading this site. You'll realize that you are not alone, there are dozens like you, and you will see that we are taking this one day at a time with great success, and so can you.

Holler if you need to.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 11:28:00 AM »
Glad to have you here. It will be tough but you already sound like you are on the right track. Owning your addiction and not making excuses is key. And that is something you have already done in your first post! Prepare for the hell that comes in the first week, but know that each day WILL end and you will come out on the other side a healthier happier you.

Post roll and read everything you can! Mints are good, so are sunflower seeds. I use gum. Packs and packs of gum each day!

Focus on why you are here and you will succeed. Ask questions if needed. We are all going through the same thing.

Offline jmar829

• Quitter
New quitter today
« on: May 15, 2013, 11:20:00 AM »
Hello,
I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been dipping for at least 10 years. Usually all day everyday, but I never go through more than a can a week. Everything is a trigger for me. Coffee, work, alcohol, sports, you name it. However, most people don't know that I dip. I hide it from my wife, even though she completely knows I do this. (She too can be a ninja). I have tried to "ween" myself off of dip several times but without fail the normal routine slides right back.

I'm here because I'm tired of telling my wife that I am trying to quit, lying to myself, and would like to lead a healthier lifestyle. Because of this I have quit cold-turkey. I took my last dip yesterday afternoon (5-14-13) and have not had one since. I have been sucking on Ice Breakers mints like they're going out of style. Does anyone have any better alternatives for cravings/oral fixations?

Anyways, hopefully I find the support here I need to kick the crap out of this addiction.

Thank you,
?Winston Churchill
Quit Date 5/15/13