Author Topic: Live Chat  (Read 12591 times)

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Live Chat
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2012, 10:37:00 AM »
Quote from: kana
Yesterday was very interesting for me. I finally decided to tackle the 10 hours of yard work I needed to do.. Halfway through My friend (pool guy) came with a new employee..Holy crap this guy had a monster Effin dip in.. He could barely talk without spit running down his chin.. It was actually quite disgusting looking.. Then I started to remember that I looked like that. My mind is definitely changing as I didn't crave at all. I just felt sorry for him.. These things now add another layer of armor to my quit. Just makes me feel good that I'm no longer a slave. Ended up taking all the kids trick or treating..followed by everyone getting drunk.. except me I don't drink.. For years I was the drunkard with a fatty making a fool of myself.. Now I'm the cool and collected handsome guy sitting and watching everyone else make a fool of themselves.
AAHHH the benefits of a bad ass quitter!!! Love my job!!!
Well Done as a huge step is realizing the disgust. Let this strengthen your quit to new heights.

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2012, 10:35:00 AM »
Yesterday was very interesting for me. I finally decided to tackle the 10 hours of yard work I needed to do.. Halfway through My friend (pool guy) came with a new employee..Holy crap this guy had a monster Effin dip in.. He could barely talk without spit running down his chin.. It was actually quite disgusting looking.. Then I started to remember that I looked like that. My mind is definitely changing as I didn't crave at all. I just felt sorry for him.. These things now add another layer of armor to my quit. Just makes me feel good that I'm no longer a slave. Ended up taking all the kids trick or treating..followed by everyone getting drunk.. except me I don't drink.. For years I was the drunkard with a fatty making a fool of myself.. Now I'm the cool and collected handsome guy sitting and watching everyone else make a fool of themselves.
AAHHH the benefits of a bad ass quitter!!! Love my job!!!
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2012, 09:45:00 AM »
I thought I went through all of my triggers already, but I was wrong. Yesterday I golfed for the first time in almost a year. (can't believe I just said that) Work has been busy, kid, etc...Just haven't had time.. Well of course I made it through the round no problems. (except the swing) I DID think about the cancer producing worm dirt created by the devil, twice...Lately as I've been reading the word (try), and (last time) has been sticking out for me. I remembered back to the last round of golf with my Brother in law last year. He told me he got some new peach flavored chew, and offered it to me. I specifically remember telling him no thanks I'm TRYING to quit chew. That was probably the 100th time I TRIED, and It didn't work. This time is different. This time I quit. no try. just quit.
no try. just quit. -------------- Warm, warmer...Disco!

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2012, 09:14:00 AM »
I thought I went through all of my triggers already, but I was wrong. Yesterday I golfed for the first time in almost a year. (can't believe I just said that) Work has been busy, kid, etc...Just haven't had time.. Well of course I made it through the round no problems. (except the swing) I DID think about the cancer producing worm dirt created by the devil, twice...Lately as I've been reading the word (try), and (last time) has been sticking out for me. I remembered back to the last round of golf with my Brother in law last year. He told me he got some new peach flavored chew, and offered it to me. I specifically remember telling him no thanks I'm TRYING to quit chew. That was probably the 100th time I TRIED, and It didn't work. This time is different. This time I quit. no try. just quit.
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline Gunner75

• Quitter
  • Interests: My wife and 4 kiddo'sTrapping CoyotesCalling CoyotesCamping, Hunting Fishing
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2012, 03:10:00 PM »
Thanks Kana, that was the kick I needed today.
Quit: 9-21-12
HOF: 12-29-12
2nd Floor 4-8-13
December Chew Wrecking Crew

"I'm dreamin bout beavers, hey give me 15 more minutes"

-Si Robertson

Offline copingwithoutcopen

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2012, 12:16:00 PM »
Quote from: Radman
I was reading through my calendar from a year ago as I always do for work. I had entries to take my brother in law to the hospital for rehab. He's gone now. passed 5 months ago.  He was an innocent hardworking man. I can remember him working 7 days a week for years on end. Having a few beers here and there. Saying he'd rest when he retires.  He would always come over and help me with repairs on the house. He taught me so much.  He died at the ripe old age of 50.. Never saw retirement.  Left behind his wife, and 2 young boys. Maundrey is too young and will never remember his father.
He was not an addict. Well maybe a work addict. He died of cancer in the brain. Went through 2 surgeries. Cut his head open from ear to ear. I never heard him complain once. Not once. Only asked for tylenol. I would drive him to the hospital twice a week for therapy. He could hardly walk. Just shriveling up. Here I was with a dip in the whole time watching him die in front of me.. Not even thinking about it.
Three months after he passed I was sent an email. It was a video scrapbook of Freddie, his wife, and the boys.. Picture after picture.. It brought me to tears to see what he was missing. What they are missing. There's no pain in the world greater to me than knowing you'll leave behind you're family. I told myself I was done.  I quit for myself, but I owed it to Freddie, and my family as well. That was the weekend I quit. That was the weekend I took back my life. Stay quit brothers.. Life is short.. be good to yourself and others..
I miss you Freddie.. I miss you so much.. and I'll never put that crap in my mouth again..
Powerful words, sir. Thank you for sharing.
I'll second that.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »
I was reading through my calendar from a year ago as I always do for work. I had entries to take my brother in law to the hospital for rehab. He's gone now. passed 5 months ago. He was an innocent hardworking man. I can remember him working 7 days a week for years on end. Having a few beers here and there. Saying he'd rest when he retires. He would always come over and help me with repairs on the house. He taught me so much. He died at the ripe old age of 50.. Never saw retirement. Left behind his wife, and 2 young boys. Maundrey is too young and will never remember his father.
He was not an addict. Well maybe a work addict. He died of cancer in the brain. Went through 2 surgeries. Cut his head open from ear to ear. I never heard him complain once. Not once. Only asked for tylenol. I would drive him to the hospital twice a week for therapy. He could hardly walk. Just shriveling up. Here I was with a dip in the whole time watching him die in front of me.. Not even thinking about it.
Three months after he passed I was sent an email. It was a video scrapbook of Freddie, his wife, and the boys.. Picture after picture.. It brought me to tears to see what he was missing. What they are missing. There's no pain in the world greater to me than knowing you'll leave behind you're family. I told myself I was done. I quit for myself, but I owed it to Freddie, and my family as well. That was the weekend I quit. That was the weekend I took back my life. Stay quit brothers.. Life is short.. be good to yourself and others..
I miss you Freddie.. I miss you so much.. and I'll never put that crap in my mouth again..
Powerful words, sir. Thank you for sharing.

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2012, 11:01:00 AM »
I was reading through my calendar from a year ago as I always do for work. I had entries to take my brother in law to the hospital for rehab. He's gone now. passed 5 months ago. He was an innocent hardworking man. I can remember him working 7 days a week for years on end. Having a few beers here and there. Saying he'd rest when he retires. He would always come over and help me with repairs on the house. He taught me so much. He died at the ripe old age of 50.. Never saw retirement. Left behind his wife, and 2 young boys. Maundrey is too young and will never remember his father.
Three months after he passed I was sent an email. It was a video scrapbook of Freddie, his wife, and the boys.. Picture after picture.. It brought me to tears to see what he was missing. What they are missing. There's no pain in the world greater to me than knowing you'll leave behind you're family. I told myself I was done. I quit for myself, but I owed it to Freddie, and my family as well. That was the weekend I quit. That was the weekend I took back my life. Stay quit brothers.. Life is short.. be good to yourself and others..

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2012, 10:55:00 PM »
Quote from: BoomerSooner
This blows. Been stuck in Hotel working all day about to go stir. Decided to step out and see a little bit of beautiful San Diego and grab something to eat. Seemed like every gas station i drove by had signs up in the windows for cope, skoal, grizz just amazing. I pulled in went inside and grabbed three bags of seeds and thumbed my nose at those cans of death behind the counter. Will be up lllaaatteee tonight to have this stuff done for tomorrow. Means so much to have this outlet to sound off on. Would have been easy to cave and never come back but I am never crawling back into bed with that lying, thieving p.o.s.. I have found that seeds help tremendously along with Altoids Wintergreen and this community. Love my January Jackwagon Brothers. Hang in there sunshine.
Well played. Every time you tell the nic bitch to fuck off when she's flirting with you, you score a small victory. Over time they add up and it gets easier and easier to pimp slap her down. Alone in a hotel is a tough one, I know that from experience. You should be proud!!! Stay quit!!!
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline BoomerSooner

• Quitter
  • Interests: Anything outdoors. Love fishing, hunting and camping. I play golf and love being a shade tree mechanic when the opportunity arises. I am crimson an cream to the bone.
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2012, 10:01:00 PM »
This blows. Been stuck in Hotel working all day about to go stir. Decided to step out and see a little bit of beautiful San Diego and grab something to eat. Seemed like every gas station i drove by had signs up in the windows for cope, skoal, grizz just amazing. I pulled in went inside and grabbed three bags of seeds and thumbed my nose at those cans of death behind the counter. Will be up lllaaatteee tonight to have this stuff done for tomorrow. Means so much to have this outlet to sound off on. Would have been easy to cave and never come back but I am never crawling back into bed with that lying, thieving p.o.s.. I have found that seeds help tremendously along with Altoids Wintergreen and this community. Love my January Jackwagon Brothers. Hang in there sunshine.
Violence may not be the "best" option, but it is still an option.

"Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again; poor fools. And their grand-children are once more slaves."
- D. H. Lawrence

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2012, 12:05:00 PM »
Oh good, I had this vision of you cursing me out on the side of the road. Lol.

I'm feeling 1000% better glad you're feeling better too. Sounds like we needed some time to step back and wrap our brains around this whole thing. I guess what they say is true, "whatever doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger". This quitting shit ain't easy but God damn it's worth it!!

Stay quit, my friend!!!
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2012, 11:01:00 AM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Morning Ladies! I haven't written anything for almost a month? well better fix that. When I write it's mostly for myself, but feel free to comment. time to chime.
Everybody's quit is different. after all people are different. most of us have a similar path but walk differently, but end up in the same place. I guess I'm trying to say don't worry about other people. Just focus on yourself. the man (or woman) in the mirror. At first I thought this whole thing was about dipping, but in the process it has changed me to the core.
I was so focused, and enraged with all the idiots in this world. Believe me there are many. (Im a perfectionist) I lost focus of the one thing I can control, ME. I have gone from an angry man, to a more patient human being. The idiots are still there, but I have more important things to worry about. starting with not worrying.
Two weeks ago I lost it. On the side of the road in a deep depression crying like a baby. I was reaching out and texting my buddies, but felt so alone. All I could think of was Diesel. I was thinking about him and I started thinking I should go to the hospital. (depression runs in my family) My wife had called me like 12 times my phone was blowing up. After 30 min I decided to go home. My wife looked terrified. My son was scared shitless. I was at a new low.. emotionally exhausted. I decided to lay low for a bit thinking the site was messing with my head. I needed rest. I would post  go.
After a bit I started to re-evaluate my quit and decided to take the simple advice that I was given.

1. Take what you need, leave what you don't. It is said so much I was thinking this is stupid. But sometimes the solution is very simple. If you don't like someone else's quit than ignore it. We're all accomplishing the same thing. I was too worried about everybody else, and not focusing on myself.

2. Exercise - When I was at my worst I would exercise like a madman. It has saved me and I'm feeling like a champ.

I have started to focus on the things that help me. Ignore those that don't. Focus on your own quit ladies, leave your neighbor alone, and have a wonderful day....
Me? Don't think about me, I'm a nobody. I wasn't depressed a day in my life before I quit, never had a lick of anxiety either and none of it ran in my family. I was just blindsided by the power nic had over me and my body went haywire. I was also a complete pussy in the beginning, hence i left the sight for a bit because I was scared by the many tales of quit.

I got some meds to help me through and am now weening off them. My ultimate goal is to be med free in the next month or two. Sorry if my story scared you. Take what you need and leave the rest is a good model to follow though. Even at 126 days quit there are times I just post and run. Not that anything "scares" me anymore but it does get the wheels in my head turning sometimes and that can be dangerous too. I read for a few hrs one night and counted the words dip/chew like 337 times...shit can wear on you after awhile.

Stay quit!!!
Diesel, first of all your story didn't scare me. It gave me inspiration. There's a big difference. When I was thinking of you that day It was your story that ultimately saved me. I knew if you could get through it so could I. The beauty of this site is sometimes you'll help someone without even knowing it. Very powerful stuff.
I'm feeling much better now, and hope you are too. I'm quit with you everyday brother...
Kana you and Diesel are both bad ass quitters and examples to all of us. Never underestimate your own quit, I've done that and now realize those times I thought I was a pussy in reality surviving those times proved that I am the opposite because I'm still here and successful. Every person that comes here daily and makes a promise and then keeps there word are heroes to me and to their family and friends. But most of all recognize that you are your own hero, a kick ass quitter that is quitting one more day and growing stronger everyday by winning another battle! I know that both of you realize your success and I'm so very proud to call you my friends and fellow quitters.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2012, 09:39:00 AM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Morning Ladies! I haven't written anything for almost a month? well better fix that. When I write it's mostly for myself, but feel free to comment. time to chime.
Everybody's quit is different. after all people are different. most of us have a similar path but walk differently, but end up in the same place. I guess I'm trying to say don't worry about other people. Just focus on yourself. the man (or woman) in the mirror. At first I thought this whole thing was about dipping, but in the process it has changed me to the core.
I was so focused, and enraged with all the idiots in this world. Believe me there are many. (Im a perfectionist) I lost focus of the one thing I can control, ME. I have gone from an angry man, to a more patient human being. The idiots are still there, but I have more important things to worry about. starting with not worrying.
Two weeks ago I lost it. On the side of the road in a deep depression crying like a baby. I was reaching out and texting my buddies, but felt so alone. All I could think of was Diesel. I was thinking about him and I started thinking I should go to the hospital. (depression runs in my family) My wife had called me like 12 times my phone was blowing up. After 30 min I decided to go home. My wife looked terrified. My son was scared shitless. I was at a new low.. emotionally exhausted. I decided to lay low for a bit thinking the site was messing with my head. I needed rest. I would post  go.
After a bit I started to re-evaluate my quit and decided to take the simple advice that I was given.

1. Take what you need, leave what you don't. It is said so much I was thinking this is stupid. But sometimes the solution is very simple. If you don't like someone else's quit than ignore it. We're all accomplishing the same thing. I was too worried about everybody else, and not focusing on myself.

2. Exercise - When I was at my worst I would exercise like a madman. It has saved me and I'm feeling like a champ.

I have started to focus on the things that help me. Ignore those that don't. Focus on your own quit ladies, leave your neighbor alone, and have a wonderful day....
Me? Don't think about me, I'm a nobody. I wasn't depressed a day in my life before I quit, never had a lick of anxiety either and none of it ran in my family. I was just blindsided by the power nic had over me and my body went haywire. I was also a complete pussy in the beginning, hence i left the sight for a bit because I was scared by the many tales of quit.

I got some meds to help me through and am now weening off them. My ultimate goal is to be med free in the next month or two. Sorry if my story scared you. Take what you need and leave the rest is a good model to follow though. Even at 126 days quit there are times I just post and run. Not that anything "scares" me anymore but it does get the wheels in my head turning sometimes and that can be dangerous too. I read for a few hrs one night and counted the words dip/chew like 337 times...shit can wear on you after awhile.

Stay quit!!!
Diesel, first of all your story didn't scare me. It gave me inspiration. There's a big difference. When I was thinking of you that day It was your story that ultimately saved me. I knew if you could get through it so could I. The beauty of this site is sometimes you'll help someone without even knowing it. Very powerful stuff.
I'm feeling much better now, and hope you are too. I'm quit with you everyday brother...

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2012, 01:29:00 AM »

Stay quit!!!
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2012, 10:18:00 PM »

Hey -

ok am glad to see and hear that you are a king quitter in that Nov12 group, but am a little confused, concerned when I see something that you have written.

How how I agree and feel that is it so true that you should take what you need and leave the rest. This is the true test of being a person unto himself as it is analyzing everything that is happening to you and around you, and it is solely up to you and no one else, as to how you need to think, feel and act.

BUT - I have to disagree and be concerned when you say you will ignore others. I can say in my 97 days that there has been so much but never will I say that I will ignore it, as by ignoring it means that there is nothing I will take from it and that would be a big mistake. If there is something I don;t like, I do not ignore it, rather I learn from it and let it make my quit stronger.

So I hope this is what you meant, as if you did not I would take a little look back at it. As howerever assinine things may seem, you can learn from everything.