Author Topic: Live Chat  (Read 12589 times)

Offline kana

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Live Chat
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2012, 11:09:00 AM »
Morning Ladies! I haven't written anything for almost a month? well better fix that. When I write it's mostly for myself, but feel free to comment. time to chime.
Everybody's quit is different. after all people are different. most of us have a similar path but walk differently, but end up in the same place. I guess I'm trying to say don't worry about other people. Just focus on yourself. the man (or woman) in the mirror. At first I thought this whole thing was about dipping, but in the process it has changed me to the core.
I was so focused, and enraged with all the idiots in this world. Believe me there are many. (Im a perfectionist) I lost focus of the one thing I can control, ME. I have gone from an angry man, to a more patient human being. The idiots are still there, but I have more important things to worry about. starting with not worrying.
Two weeks ago I lost it. On the side of the road in a deep depression crying like a baby. I was reaching out and texting my buddies, but felt so alone. All I could think of was Diesel. I was thinking about him and I started thinking I should go to the hospital. (depression runs in my family) My wife had called me like 12 times my phone was blowing up. After 30 min I decided to go home. My wife looked terrified. My son was scared shitless. I was at a new low.. emotionally exhausted. I decided to lay low for a bit thinking the site was messing with my head. I needed rest. I would post  go.
After a bit I started to re-evaluate my quit and decided to take the simple advice that I was given.

1. Take what you need, leave what you don't. It is said so much I was thinking this is stupid. But sometimes the solution is very simple. If you don't like someone else's quit than ignore it. We're all accomplishing the same thing. I was too worried about everybody else, and not focusing on myself.

2. Exercise - When I was at my worst I would exercise like a madman. It has saved me and I'm feeling like a champ.

I have started to focus on the things that help me. Ignore those that don't. Focus on your own quit ladies, leave your neighbor alone, and have a wonderful day....
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2012, 10:30:00 AM »
What a difference a day makes. Day 36 and I just learned why you only focus on one day. The day before  yesterday was by far a couple of my worst day's. tired irritable scolded my son at 6am WTF?
My addictive being would always use nic instead of taking care of my body. All my adult life I would exercise for a month or two and then stop. Telling myself I could start back up after a break. reached my proper weight etc.. then 10 lbs back on. just a stupid cycle for years. just like the nic. well those days are over.
gr8whitebuffalo  kubrick gave me some very simple advice. Thanks for helping me get through 1 day.
I had (without thinking) stopped exercising for 2 weeks. I was moving, and working so didn't sit on the couch, but didn't have any alone time. ya no
Yesterday did my routine and felt great.
I was about ten minutes down the road (walking) jamming tunes and felt like something was missing. GUM I reached down in a panic to see if I had any.. YES I put 2 pieces in there!!! I slapped that gum in and felt complete. Thank god, and I started thinking wow I have reprogrammed.. Fuck ya!! my cravings are latching on to positive things. so today I'm a fucking quit beret!!
I definitely turned a corner. There's more to come, but now I'm ready and my quit is swelling, getting bigger, and effin solid.
Just get through one day no matter what, and tomorrow could be completely different..peace my quit brothers
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2012, 01:26:00 PM »
Quote from: Kubrick
Quote from: kana
Time to check in.. please feel free to comment..I really don't know where I'm at right now.. first 2 weeks felt so peaceful.. high teens was a kick in the balls for 5 days.. Now I'm @ 35 and still feel the anger.. I thought I'd be further along by now.. I'm still thinking about it too much, I'm not physically craving the crap, but I just feel extremely out of whack,  angry.. I don't want to be a pussy, but most guys fogs don't seem to last that long? This has been going on for 2 weeks now..  my mouth feels good, I'm happy I'm not chewing, but I feel angry everyday... It's getting old.. I used to be on anxiety meds, but they made me black out one day and hit my head.. I stopped taking them..
I read how good others are doing and it seem's as though it's smooth sailing. make no mistake I will die nic free, but this shit is getting old....
The "fog" will come and go. Just wait until around 120 'no'

Just hang in there, it will go away. I got it bad around day 70 and then off and on until about 140. Feeling pretty good now, but I'm sure another one is around the corner with craves, moodiness, restlessness, etc.

I just consider it the price I have to pay for being a dumbass for 22 years. Stay close to the site, post roll and all the other stuff we do around here.
guys,
I went for a long walk to clear the head. I haven't been able to walk for a couple weeks because I had to move. Felt good!! That's why I love this sight. a bunch of problem solvers! thanks Quit!

Offline Kubrick

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/24/2012
  • Interests: Guiar, bass guitar, Flyfishing, shooting, photography
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2012, 10:35:00 AM »
Time to check in.. please feel free to comment..I really don't know where I'm at right now.. first 2 weeks felt so peaceful.. high teens was a kick in the balls for 5 days.. Now I'm @ 35 and still feel the anger.. I thought I'd be further along by now.. I'm still thinking about it too much, I'm not physically craving the crap, but I just feel extremely out of whack,  angry.. I don't want to be a pussy, but most guys fogs don't seem to last that long? This has been going on for 2 weeks now.. my mouth feels good, I'm happy I'm not chewing, but I feel angry everyday... It's getting old.. I used to be on anxiety meds, but they made me black out one day and hit my head.. I stopped taking them..
I read how good others are doing and it seem's as though it's smooth sailing. make no mistake I will die nic free, but this shit is getting old....
The "fog" will come and go. Just wait until around 120 'no'

Just hang in there, it will go away. I got it bad around day 70 and then off and on until about 140. Feeling pretty good now, but I'm sure another one is around the corner with craves, moodiness, restlessness, etc.

I just consider it the price I have to pay for being a dumbass for 22 years. Stay close to the site, post roll and all the other stuff we do around here.
Quit date 03/24/2012
HOF date 07/01/2012

"The only regret I ever see on this site is from those who fail..." - Sac

My Intro

Offline GR8WHITEBUFFALO

• Quitter
  • Interests: Running, hunting, fishing, golfing, wasting away in margaritaville.
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2012, 10:33:00 AM »
Excercise helps me get through the rages. I run, lift, swim, bike, take a baseball bat to a tree, whatever it takes to break a sweat and work through my anger. I also sleep better when I am tired. I try to remember that nicotine isn't the answer to my rants and rages, they are just something that I need to work on each time they come up.
Enough is enough. Time to take control back from the nic bitch. My HOF speechGR8WHITEBUFFALO

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2012, 10:25:00 AM »
Time to check in.. please feel free to comment..I really don't know where I'm at right now.. first 2 weeks felt so peaceful.. high teens was a kick in the balls for 5 days.. Now I'm @ 35 and still feel the anger.. I thought I'd be further along by now.. I'm still thinking about it too much, I'm not physically craving the crap, but I just feel extremely out of whack,  angry.. I don't want to be a pussy, but most guys fogs don't seem to last that long? This has been going on for 2 weeks now.. my mouth feels good, I'm happy I'm not chewing, but I feel angry everyday... It's getting old.. I used to be on anxiety meds, but they made me black out one day and hit my head.. I stopped taking them..

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2012, 10:47:00 AM »
Quote from: Bigwhitebeast
well i'm slowly making my way through the trigger bucket list..
we all know moving sucks in general, but this was the first one without the nic bitch....glad to say I buried her in the yard of my old house... The new house doesn't allow bitches in the front door...
During my move I found 4 spit bottles. (no I didn't smell them) Into  the garbage.. made me a little sick finding them actually, I can't believe I used to carry one of those in my pocket..dumbass... I found 3 cans of copenshitpiss... into the garbage thank you very much.. Found $65 worth of nic gum from many of those so called quit attempts.. into the garbage... On the last day found 6 nic patches... into the garbage...
Wow 4 triggers within a large trigger and I slapped that bitch good.. Then kicked her face into the dirt.. She will always come to haunt, but I will just tell her to go home.. Sorry bitches not welcome..
Very nice work Kana, glad to see you kicking her right in the teeth! Keep up the good work brother.
Love your attitude Kana! You got it right from the get-go!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline bigwhitebeast

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2012, 10:48:00 AM »
we all know moving sucks in general, but this was the first one without the nic bitch....glad to say I buried her in the yard of my old house... The new house doesn't allow bitches in the front door...
During my move I found 4 spit bottles. (no I didn't smell them) Into the garbage.. made me a little sick finding them actually, I can't believe I used to carry one of those in my pocket..dumbass... I found 3 cans of copenshitpiss... into the garbage thank you very much.. Found $65 worth of nic gum from many of those so called quit attempts.. into the garbage... On the last day found 6 nic patches... into the garbage...
Wow 4 triggers within a large trigger and I slapped that bitch good.. Then kicked her face into the dirt.. She will always come to haunt, but I will just tell her to go home.. Sorry bitches not welcome..
Very nice work Kana, glad to see you kicking her right in the teeth! Keep up the good work brother.

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2012, 09:33:00 AM »
During my move I found 4 spit bottles. (no I didn't smell them) Into the garbage.. made me a little sick finding them actually, I can't believe I used to carry one of those in my pocket..dumbass... I found 3 cans of copenshitpiss... into the garbage thank you very much.. Found $65 worth of nic gum from many of those so called quit attempts.. into the garbage... On the last day found 6 nic patches... into the garbage...

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2012, 10:27:00 AM »
Quote from: wastepanel
ok.. the last four days? I have no idea..I don't know what anxiety feels like but this shit was weird.. I wasn't physically craving chew at all. I just felt like i was in a very dark place.. I remembered someone saying they had a bad crave around day 16, 17 just as bad, 18 worse, 19 I was getting worried. Last night I wept like a baby (day 19) today day 20 and still the same. who has a five fucking day crave? Then my wife to the rescue..
My wife never cared if I chewed, i was no ninja. she would buy it for me. Told me she just wanted me to be happy. last week I told her I quit, and she said what ever makes you happy. I would tell her honey day 14! she could care less..
then today she asked me what was wrong.. I told her someone I know caved and I was having a hard time dealing with it.
her response: who cares about that guy, just concentrate on yourself. I couldn't believe she was saying the same thing as all of you..When I found KTC I knew this was it. I had finally decided to quit for myself..I told her I wanted to quit so I could live to take care of her and my son. She told me she didn't care because how many times I had failed quitting.
Today she told me she was proud of me, because she knew this time was it.. never made it this far.. so she said she'd help in any way. I needed that.
so thanks to the few who actually responded in my galactic 5 day crave.
I got home tonight feeling much better thank god...My son told me to put this fireman here and say aloha
javascript:emoticon("'fireman'")

--------------------
I will not die by my own hand..
Quit 08/05/2012
I'm going to throw this into your group as well, but we've written this information for many groups for a while now:
I see that some of you have hit 20 days in your quit. Congratulations.

There is a major funk that is coming up shortly. It starts usually in the late teens. It does not make you crave nicotine. It's the opposite. It makes you think you are invincible and completely quit.

Take a look at the other months' spreadsheets. We lose many a fine quitter in the 20s. In fact, we lose more quitters in the 20s than any other time (except for the first week). I myself was almost a victim.

My thoughts on the funk are this:

The first week is complete hell. We all agree there. But, upon completion of the first week, we start to feel more comfortable with being quit. We get a sense of accomplishment for breaking that physical addiction, and our quits are fueled by adreneline.

Around day 20 (maybe later, maybe sooner), the adreneline starts to run out. Our brains want to tell us that we are quit, and we don't need to think about being quit all the time. We want normalcy, rather than having to feel committed to a website and anonymous strangers. We don't want to think that we used to stick cat turds in our mouths all the time, let alone that we are addicts. Even if we've embraced the label "addict" early in the quit, we wonder if we truly are at this time. We start to think that this roll call posting is silly business, because we are quit already. We begin hating all the bullshit on this site, and start thinking that the site is more drama than what it is worth.

This is the start to the planned cave.

Your addicted brain is letting the nic bitch have the microphone in your head and she is the one talking. She will tell you that she is gone, and that you don't need to post roll anymore. She'll tell you every lie under the sun to get you to stop giving your word everyday.

Some of you will decide she is right. You will leave. And you might not even cave right away, but you will. The nic bitch is a tricky whore, and she can sleep until you are the weakest.

Be very careful here. There is a lot of bullshit on this site, and it's meant to be a distraction for you. If it becomes too much, simply post roll and ignore it. Lean on your brothers. They are having these same thoughts, and the best thing you can do is to make sure that everybody keeps posting.

I stopped posting roll after 150 days in 2006. I caved in 2009 because I forgot I was an addict. The nic bitch had taken that time to break down every tool I learned here, and made me forget. She dug her claws in, and I manned up again 425 days ago today. I should be around 2000 days quit, and instead all I can claim is that I stopped for like 1,000 days and then again for 425.

EVERYDAY

Post roll.
Stay quit.
Repeat.
Thanks waste... i put a smaller version in our month as well...

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2012, 10:25:00 AM »
ok.. the last four days? I have no idea..I don't know what anxiety feels like but this shit was weird.. I wasn't physically craving chew at all. I just felt like i was in a very dark place.. I remembered someone saying they had a bad crave around day 16, 17 just as bad, 18 worse, 19 I was getting worried. Last night I wept like a baby (day 19) today day 20 and still the same. who has a five fucking day crave? Then my wife to the rescue..
My wife never cared if I chewed, i was no ninja. she would buy it for me. Told me she just wanted me to be happy. last week I told her I quit, and she said what ever makes you happy. I would tell her honey day 14! she could care less..
then today she asked me what was wrong.. I told her someone I know caved and I was having a hard time dealing with it.
her response: who cares about that guy, just concentrate on yourself. I couldn't believe she was saying the same thing as all of you..When I found KTC I knew this was it. I had finally decided to quit for myself..I told her I wanted to quit so I could live to take care of her and my son. She told me she didn't care because how many times I had failed quitting.
Today she told me she was proud of me, because she knew this time was it.. never made it this far.. so she said she'd help in any way. I needed that.
I got home tonight feeling much better thank god...My son told me to put this fireman here and say aloha

--------------------
Quit 08/05/2012
I'm going to throw this into your group as well, but we've written this information for many groups for a while now:
I see that some of you have hit 20 days in your quit. Congratulations.

There is a major funk that is coming up shortly. It starts usually in the late teens. It does not make you crave nicotine. It's the opposite. It makes you think you are invincible and completely quit.

Take a look at the other months' spreadsheets. We lose many a fine quitter in the 20s. In fact, we lose more quitters in the 20s than any other time (except for the first week). I myself was almost a victim.

My thoughts on the funk are this:

The first week is complete hell. We all agree there. But, upon completion of the first week, we start to feel more comfortable with being quit. We get a sense of accomplishment for breaking that physical addiction, and our quits are fueled by adreneline.

Around day 20 (maybe later, maybe sooner), the adreneline starts to run out. Our brains want to tell us that we are quit, and we don't need to think about being quit all the time. We want normalcy, rather than having to feel committed to a website and anonymous strangers. We don't want to think that we used to stick cat turds in our mouths all the time, let alone that we are addicts. Even if we've embraced the label "addict" early in the quit, we wonder if we truly are at this time. We start to think that this roll call posting is silly business, because we are quit already. We begin hating all the bullshit on this site, and start thinking that the site is more drama than what it is worth.

This is the start to the planned cave.

Your addicted brain is letting the nic bitch have the microphone in your head and she is the one talking. She will tell you that she is gone, and that you don't need to post roll anymore. She'll tell you every lie under the sun to get you to stop giving your word everyday.

Some of you will decide she is right. You will leave. And you might not even cave right away, but you will. The nic bitch is a tricky whore, and she can sleep until you are the weakest.

Be very careful here. There is a lot of bullshit on this site, and it's meant to be a distraction for you. If it becomes too much, simply post roll and ignore it. Lean on your brothers. They are having these same thoughts, and the best thing you can do is to make sure that everybody keeps posting.

I stopped posting roll after 150 days in 2006. I caved in 2009 because I forgot I was an addict. The nic bitch had taken that time to break down every tool I learned here, and made me forget. She dug her claws in, and I manned up again 425 days ago today. I should be around 2000 days quit, and instead all I can claim is that I stopped for like 1,000 days and then again for 425.

EVERYDAY

Post roll.
Stay quit.
Repeat.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2012, 10:18:00 AM »
November 12....just as a reminder you're supposed to post roll every day...no matter what... farmboy text in his promise to another quitter to post for him when he couldn't... well done 'clap' ..I don't think there's anyone in here that doesn't have text? maybe it's time for the reserved spots, so everybody can see who's not serious...our group goes up or down by 10 everyday.. what the crap? wake up boys and I do mean boys.. The men know who they are..

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2012, 01:02:00 AM »

--------------------
Quit 08/05/2012

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2012, 12:54:00 AM »
Quote from: Dchogs
Quote from: Morgan1
Quote from: Wt57
I won't lie.. I'm definitely struggling like all of you, but I'm getting confused with this concept. I know the dangers of chew.. I know I'm quit.. I know I'll never put that shit in my lip again.. NEVER.. What I'm struggling with is I feel like an alcoholic working in a bar. When I quit drinking I attended AA for 6 mo. The only way I can explain it, I needed separation, so I never went back. 8 yrs later still sober, still strong as an ox with my quit. maybe when I hit 10 years I'll attend a meeting out of respect to myself. but honestly it doesn't matter because I'll never drink again.
It's easier that it's not in my face everyday. I just want to get all things nic out of my head. I don't want to come on here and read about fucking cavers. Or see people post every other day like this is a fucking joke.
I'm in physical pain everyday. the dr said it will always be there..  I've learned to ignore it. I'm strong like that.. I just delete it..
I hope that some major vets will comment on this for me.. I'm kinda lost right now...
Kana I'm no vet and definitely no expert and may get my ass fed to me one piece at a time (nothing new)! Since 1972 I've been an addict to alcohol and nicotine, I've been recovering from alcohol completely sober since October 1979 and nic free since 1:30 am April 1, 2012. Coming online and surrounding myself with talk of dip everyday does 2 positive things for me: 1. I am reminded everyday why I quit, how long I've been quit, what power nicotine has and how others facing the same challenges as me face them. 2. For me the second positive is the brotherhood and satisfaction that comes from paying the support I've received forward. This can be very satisfying and like anything in life it has it's opposites, some addicts just aren't ready or strong enough to stay quit.
Addressing cavers and half assed posters. We are all very different and at different junctions in life. Looking at the younger quitter or less self motivated quitter I see myself 5, 10, 20, 30 or 40 years ago. There was the time in 1979 I was a motivated quitter of both alcohol and tabacco and quit both cold turkey completely on my own. Both lasted for nearly 4 years till I caved to dip! My motivation to quit was my lovely wife who I married in 1980. What happened in 1983? Well real life happened, the honeymoon was over! What happened 146 days ago that makes my quit different, strong? Maturity and Motivation! I'm a damn slow learner. But I finally woke up and realized that quitting was what I wanted, I was so tired of being a slave!
You comment you feel Like a alcoholic working in a bar: I look at it kind of like raising kids you want to shield them from every danger and evil but if they aren't exposed to real life when they are faced with it they won't be equipped to deal with what comes their way. We live in the real world we are faced by temptation and challenges daily so there is no need to shrink or shun the fight but face it head on.
Listed to WT. Wise words right there from one badass quitter.

Kana, you don't have to spend that much time on the site if you don't want to. Just log on, post your promise to your quit group and then get on with your day. Make sure you have numbers and what not handy just in case, but nothing says you need to stick around and read anything else here.

Just do the most important thing for the day - post roll and take that nicotine off the table for the day.
What he said ^^^

Echoing those thoughts, you don't need to live on the site like some of us do. It works for me. What works for me may not work for you. Post roll every day as your promise to your brothers - and the rest of the site - that you will not use and then get on with your day. You don't need to be on here or thinking about here until the next morning when you post your promise again. I think that there is a lot to be gained by staying near the site and my reccomendation is that you do...BUT...I'm not in your brain. Do what works for you - just make sure you post up everyday and you honor it. You ever need to talk or have someone post for you -you've got my number.
kana, nice intro, and I'm damned glad to be quit with you.

I have come here to quit for 463 out of the past 466 days not to forget but to remember. I am an addict, and I need to fucking remember the law of addiction... "Administration of a drug to an addict will cause re-establishment of chemical dependence upon the addictive substance.". Just like the law of gravity, this law is something you cannot escape. You don't have to believe in it, but you are bound by its rules with absolute cerainty.

I have come here just about every day to support my friends that are fighting this fight beside me. Sometimes I'm their cornerman; other times they are mine. Neither would happen without daily posting. THAT level of friendship and brotherhood only comes from consistent and purposeful action and attention.

I am here every day (99.3% of the time that is... I'm both proud of that number and disappointed in the three failures it represents) because it saves me. At this point, I am probably good to go... I could skip weeks or months at a pop without posting. Probably not going to cave. I'm 99% sure. The thing is... I'm 100% sure that I'm not going to throw in a dip every day that I post roll. I fail to see a good reason to stop a 5 minute "chore" that guarantees my success.

The one major thing most cavers have in common on KTC is drifting away from the site. My quit brother from Aug 11, per, stopped posting after a year for the same reason you're throwing around.

On April 30 my man stopped posting.

On May 24, the badass quitter LLCope posted "LLCope -394- All these Quitheads negelecting their daily promise---they are starting to forget---dangerous! I can hear it now---"before I caved, I stopped posting with my group... I thought I had control...I forgot I was an addict"

On June 28th per, one of MY rocks, posted the following words: "My story is no different than any other failed quit. I had it licked. It was gone. I was master of my own destiny. I didn't need this place anymore. Coming here made me think of it every day, so I stopped coming here. And that's when my failure started. My quit failed on June 10, 2012."

Kana, the shit you are experiencing is normal, but keep posting. Those that drift away, cave. Those that don't, survive on a day by day basis.

Do me a favor, before you decide to stop posting here because it makes you remember dipping, message my man Per034 and see what he tells you.
yes sir.. i'm an addict. always have been .. always will be. i was definitely on the edge last few days, but I think it was her trying to gasp for the last bit of air. I've read enough to respect the roll, and there's no way I'll stop posting roll. Day by day I've been getting stronger again. It just through me for a loop. I felt like superman the first 14 days...then the wall. Today I can honestly say I'm feeling better. I can see this storm heading out. There will always be another one, but I'll be ready. My house is getting stronger..

Offline dchogs

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 16, 2011
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2012, 12:14:00 AM »
Quote from: Morgan1
Quote from: Wt57
I won't lie.. I'm definitely struggling like all of you, but I'm getting confused with this concept. I know the dangers of chew.. I know I'm quit.. I know I'll never put that shit in my lip again.. NEVER.. What I'm struggling with is I feel like an alcoholic working in a bar. When I quit drinking I attended AA for 6 mo. The only way I can explain it, I needed separation, so I never went back. 8 yrs later still sober, still strong as an ox with my quit. maybe when I hit 10 years I'll attend a meeting out of respect to myself. but honestly it doesn't matter because I'll never drink again.
It's easier that it's not in my face everyday. I just want to get all things nic out of my head. I don't want to come on here and read about fucking cavers. Or see people post every other day like this is a fucking joke.
I'm in physical pain everyday. the dr said it will always be there..  I've learned to ignore it. I'm strong like that.. I just delete it..
I hope that some major vets will comment on this for me.. I'm kinda lost right now...
Kana I'm no vet and definitely no expert and may get my ass fed to me one piece at a time (nothing new)! Since 1972 I've been an addict to alcohol and nicotine, I've been recovering from alcohol completely sober since October 1979 and nic free since 1:30 am April 1, 2012. Coming online and surrounding myself with talk of dip everyday does 2 positive things for me: 1. I am reminded everyday why I quit, how long I've been quit, what power nicotine has and how others facing the same challenges as me face them. 2. For me the second positive is the brotherhood and satisfaction that comes from paying the support I've received forward. This can be very satisfying and like anything in life it has it's opposites, some addicts just aren't ready or strong enough to stay quit.
Addressing cavers and half assed posters. We are all very different and at different junctions in life. Looking at the younger quitter or less self motivated quitter I see myself 5, 10, 20, 30 or 40 years ago. There was the time in 1979 I was a motivated quitter of both alcohol and tabacco and quit both cold turkey completely on my own. Both lasted for nearly 4 years till I caved to dip! My motivation to quit was my lovely wife who I married in 1980. What happened in 1983? Well real life happened, the honeymoon was over! What happened 146 days ago that makes my quit different, strong? Maturity and Motivation! I'm a damn slow learner. But I finally woke up and realized that quitting was what I wanted, I was so tired of being a slave!
You comment you feel Like a alcoholic working in a bar: I look at it kind of like raising kids you want to shield them from every danger and evil but if they aren't exposed to real life when they are faced with it they won't be equipped to deal with what comes their way. We live in the real world we are faced by temptation and challenges daily so there is no need to shrink or shun the fight but face it head on.
Listed to WT. Wise words right there from one badass quitter.

Kana, you don't have to spend that much time on the site if you don't want to. Just log on, post your promise to your quit group and then get on with your day. Make sure you have numbers and what not handy just in case, but nothing says you need to stick around and read anything else here.

Just do the most important thing for the day - post roll and take that nicotine off the table for the day.
What he said ^^^

Echoing those thoughts, you don't need to live on the site like some of us do. It works for me. What works for me may not work for you. Post roll every day as your promise to your brothers - and the rest of the site - that you will not use and then get on with your day. You don't need to be on here or thinking about here until the next morning when you post your promise again. I think that there is a lot to be gained by staying near the site and my reccomendation is that you do...BUT...I'm not in your brain. Do what works for you - just make sure you post up everyday and you honor it. You ever need to talk or have someone post for you -you've got my number.
kana, nice intro, and I'm damned glad to be quit with you.

I have come here to quit for 463 out of the past 466 days not to forget but to remember. I am an addict, and I need to fucking remember the law of addiction... "Administration of a drug to an addict will cause re-establishment of chemical dependence upon the addictive substance.". Just like the law of gravity, this law is something you cannot escape. You don't have to believe in it, but you are bound by its rules with absolute cerainty.

I have come here just about every day to support my friends that are fighting this fight beside me. Sometimes I'm their cornerman; other times they are mine. Neither would happen without daily posting. THAT level of friendship and brotherhood only comes from consistent and purposeful action and attention.

I am here every day (99.3% of the time that is... I'm both proud of that number and disappointed in the three failures it represents) because it saves me. At this point, I am probably good to go... I could skip weeks or months at a pop without posting. Probably not going to cave. I'm 99% sure. The thing is... I'm 100% sure that I'm not going to throw in a dip every day that I post roll. I fail to see a good reason to stop a 5 minute "chore" that guarantees my success.

The one major thing most cavers have in common on KTC is drifting away from the site. My quit brother from Aug 11, per, stopped posting after a year for the same reason you're throwing around.

On April 30 my man stopped posting.

On May 24, the badass quitter LLCope posted "LLCope -394- All these Quitheads negelecting their daily promise---they are starting to forget---dangerous! I can hear it now---"before I caved, I stopped posting with my group... I thought I had control...I forgot I was an addict"

On June 28th per, one of MY rocks, posted the following words: "My story is no different than any other failed quit. I had it licked. It was gone. I was master of my own destiny. I didn't need this place anymore. Coming here made me think of it every day, so I stopped coming here. And that's when my failure started. My quit failed on June 10, 2012."

Kana, the shit you are experiencing is normal, but keep posting. Those that drift away, cave. Those that don't, survive on a day by day basis.

Do me a favor, before you decide to stop posting here because it makes you remember dipping, message my man Per034 and see what he tells you.
Quit- 5/16/2011. One day at a time.
HoF- 8/23/2011; 2nd Floor- 12/1/2011; 3rd Floor- 3/10/2012; 4th Floor- 6/18/2012; 5th Floor- 9/27/2012; 6th Floor- 1/4/2013; 7th Floor- 4/14/2013; 8th Floor- 7/23/2013; 9th Floor- 10/31/2013; 10th Floor- 2/8/2014; 11th Floor- 5/19/2014; 12th Floor- 8/27/2014; 13th Floor- 12/5/14; 14th floor- 3/15/15; 15th floor- 6/23/15; 16th floor- 10/1/15; 17th floor- 1/9/16; 18th floor- 4/18/16; 19th floor- 7/26/16; 20th floor- 11/4/16; 21st floor- 2/12/17; 22nd Floor- 5/23/17; 23rd Floor- 8/31/17; 24th Floor- 12/9/17; 25th floor- 3/19/18; 26th floor- 6/27/18; 27th floor- 10/5/18; 28th floor- 1/13/19; 29th foor- 4/22/19; 30th floor- 7/31/19; 31st floor- 11/8/19; 32nd floor- 2/17/20; 33rd floor- 5/27/20; 34th floor- 9/4/20; 35th floor- 12/13/20; 36th floor- 3/23/21; 37th floor- 7/1/21; 38th floor- 10/9/21; 39th floor- 1/17/22; 40th floor- 4/27/22; 41st floor- 8/5/22; 42nd floor- 11/12/22; 43rd floor- 2/20/23; 44th floor- 6/1/23; 45th floor- 9/9/23; 46th floor- 12/18/23; 47th floor- 3/27/24.

"He which hath no stomach to this fight let him depart. But we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers! For he today, that sheds his blood with me, shall always be my brother." (Wm. Shakespeare). For August '11.

Who dares, wins.

Stay quit... it is life or death and that is the undeniable truth.

"To be driven by our appetites alone is slavery, while to obey a law that we have imposed on ourselves is freedom." Rosseau