Author Topic: Live Chat  (Read 9675 times)

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Live Chat
« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2013, 09:51:00 AM »
Quote from: jaynellie
Quote from: 916quit
Quote from: kana
Today I reflect- yesterday was one of those euphoria days. 200 days ago When I first posted on KTC I was a mess. I made a commitment to my brothers, sisters  most importantly me. For now on I would take care of myself. I took a photo of my fat ass in the mirror to remember... 200 days ago I dipped 18 hrs a day. Ate nothing but fast food, and processed crap.. Sat on the couch like a lazy ass. Had no energy to play with my son.  My wife would look at me with no respect... she could see I wasn't taking care of myself. I was a depressed mess...
What a difference 200 days makes.. I'm just a different person now..
My diet now consists of nothing that I don't prepare myself. I exercise 4 days a week for 6 months? holy crap. I've never done that before... yesterday I swam laps and felt like fucking superman when I was done. I remembered the photo I took 200 days ago. I went home and compared Holy crap again!!@  I have simply transformed.. That lazy nic addicted fat ass is gone.. I really feel like I turned a corner and proud of all the hard work I've put in. My wife asked how long has it been? I told her over 6 months, and she didn't believe me. She was shocked. She simply realized that I was serious this time. I could see the happiness in her face as she simply smiled. I had gained her respect again, and it felt like a ton of bricks was off my chest.  This time the difference is I'm gonna keep going, before I would feel like I had accomplished my goal and stopped. Now I'm addicted to my new lifestyle.. I'm addicted to the fucking freedom, and the thought of enjoying this beautiful life without a ball  chain.. I feel peaceful..
The end of my day yesterday I had to get gas for my work truck. I went inside got a couple bananas, and a candy to take home for my son.. I was waiting in line and one guy ahead of me. I started staring at the rows of tins. so many cans, so many brands, I just spaced out thinking how much I hated all that shit I was looking at. Then the cashier guy said hey bro you ok? I said ya why? He said you where spacing out shaking you head. I told him I used to be addicted to that crap on his shelf. He said hey I remember you!
  I used to buy my tins there, and on my first day quit I was getting gas and he asked me if I needed my regular 2 cans? I told him I had quit. The guy said I heard that before and kinda laughed. I hadn't seen him in awhile because I never went inside while getting gas after quitting. Anyway here we were 199 days later. He asked me if I was still quit? I said absolutely!! I was so proud, felt so good. He smiled as well.. Nice young kid.. I was also successful in getting my nephew to quit. he hasn't used since the day we had the talk.. I think I scared the shit out of him. good.. Thank you to everyone who has helped me transform. I truly appreciate all of you and still thank god I found KTC... peace
Congrats Kana! Great stuff!!!
That's Awesome, Powerful stuff there!Congrats
Just perfect. Thanks for sharing.

Offline jaynellie

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: being a good husband a good dad, riding our quads at the dunes, watching my children turn into adults
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2013, 09:47:00 AM »
Quote from: 916quit
Today I reflect- yesterday was one of those euphoria days. 200 days ago When I first posted on KTC I was a mess. I made a commitment to my brothers, sisters  most importantly me. For now on I would take care of myself. I took a photo of my fat ass in the mirror to remember... 200 days ago I dipped 18 hrs a day. Ate nothing but fast food, and processed crap.. Sat on the couch like a lazy ass. Had no energy to play with my son.  My wife would look at me with no respect... she could see I wasn't taking care of myself. I was a depressed mess...
My diet now consists of nothing that I don't prepare myself. I exercise 4 days a week for 6 months? holy crap. I've never done that before... yesterday I swam laps and felt like fucking superman when I was done. I remembered the photo I took 200 days ago. I went home and compared Holy crap again!!@  I have simply transformed.. That lazy nic addicted fat ass is gone.. I really feel like I turned a corner and proud of all the hard work I've put in. My wife asked how long has it been? I told her over 6 months, and she didn't believe me. She was shocked. She simply realized that I was serious this time. I could see the happiness in her face as she simply smiled. I had gained her respect again, and it felt like a ton of bricks was off my chest.  This time the difference is I'm gonna keep going, before I would feel like I had accomplished my goal and stopped. Now I'm addicted to my new lifestyle.. I'm addicted to the fucking freedom, and the thought of enjoying this beautiful life without a ball  chain.. I feel peaceful..
The end of my day yesterday I had to get gas for my work truck. I went inside got a couple bananas, and a candy to take home for my son.. I was waiting in line and one guy ahead of me. I started staring at the rows of tins. so many cans, so many brands, I just spaced out thinking how much I hated all that shit I was looking at. Then the cashier guy said hey bro you ok? I said ya why? He said you where spacing out shaking you head. I told him I used to be addicted to that crap on his shelf. He said hey I remember you!
  I used to buy my tins there, and on my first day quit I was getting gas and he asked me if I needed my regular 2 cans? I told him I had quit. The guy said I heard that before and kinda laughed. I hadn't seen him in awhile because I never went inside while getting gas after quitting. Anyway here we were 199 days later. He asked me if I was still quit? I said absolutely!! I was so proud, felt so good. He smiled as well.. Nice young kid.. I was also successful in getting my nephew to quit. he hasn't used since the day we had the talk.. I think I scared the shit out of him. good.. Thank you to everyone who has helped me transform. I truly appreciate all of you and still thank god I found KTC... peace
That's Awesome, Powerful stuff there!Congrats
"You never have to remember what you said, if you always tell the truth"

"Post roll everyday and your chances of staying quit goes up 100%" --mememe

Offline 916quit

• Quitter
« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2013, 09:26:00 AM »
Today I reflect- yesterday was one of those euphoria days. 200 days ago When I first posted on KTC I was a mess. I made a commitment to my brothers, sisters  most importantly me. For now on I would take care of myself. I took a photo of my fat ass in the mirror to remember... 200 days ago I dipped 18 hrs a day. Ate nothing but fast food, and processed crap.. Sat on the couch like a lazy ass. Had no energy to play with my son. My wife would look at me with no respect... she could see I wasn't taking care of myself. I was a depressed mess...
My diet now consists of nothing that I don't prepare myself. I exercise 4 days a week for 6 months? holy crap. I've never done that before... yesterday I swam laps and felt like fucking superman when I was done. I remembered the photo I took 200 days ago. I went home and compared Holy crap again!!@ I have simply transformed.. That lazy nic addicted fat ass is gone.. I really feel like I turned a corner and proud of all the hard work I've put in. My wife asked how long has it been? I told her over 6 months, and she didn't believe me. She was shocked. She simply realized that I was serious this time. I could see the happiness in her face as she simply smiled. I had gained her respect again, and it felt like a ton of bricks was off my chest. This time the difference is I'm gonna keep going, before I would feel like I had accomplished my goal and stopped. Now I'm addicted to my new lifestyle.. I'm addicted to the fucking freedom, and the thought of enjoying this beautiful life without a ball  chain.. I feel peaceful..

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2013, 09:13:00 AM »
Today I reflect- yesterday was one of those euphoria days. 200 days ago When I first posted on KTC I was a mess. I made a commitment to my brothers, sisters  most importantly me. For now on I would take care of myself. I took a photo of my fat ass in the mirror to remember... 200 days ago I dipped 18 hrs a day. Ate nothing but fast food, and processed crap.. Sat on the couch like a lazy ass. Had no energy to play with my son. My wife would look at me with no respect... she could see I wasn't taking care of myself. I was a depressed mess...
My diet now consists of nothing that I don't prepare myself. I exercise 4 days a week for 6 months? holy crap. I've never done that before... yesterday I swam laps and felt like fucking superman when I was done. I remembered the photo I took 200 days ago. I went home and compared Holy crap again!!@ I have simply transformed.. That lazy nic addicted fat ass is gone.. I really feel like I turned a corner and proud of all the hard work I've put in. My wife asked how long has it been? I told her over 6 months, and she didn't believe me. She was shocked. She simply realized that I was serious this time. I could see the happiness in her face as she simply smiled. I had gained her respect again, and it felt like a ton of bricks was off my chest. This time the difference is I'm gonna keep going, before I would feel like I had accomplished my goal and stopped. Now I'm addicted to my new lifestyle.. I'm addicted to the fucking freedom, and the thought of enjoying this beautiful life without a ball  chain.. I feel peaceful..
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #135 on: February 01, 2013, 10:49:00 AM »
sorry guys my business is picking up with the warmer weather and don't have as much time now to contribute, but I'll throw one out there when I can. well I finally took the leap and updated my business profile. so i was looking through all our photos on the computer trying to find one of (me) for a website.
WELL I went through ALL of them (many photos obviously) and I had a lipper in all of them. I kept looking and looking.. yup big ol fattie in every photo. I got kinda depressed thinking that's what I always looked like. gonna take a new lipless photo. the bitch messed with my head the rest of the day. craving again. wtf. I was doing the dishes last night and was throwing out the coffee grounds and almost took a big ol pinch of that shit. when I looked over at my son at the kitchen table, and he winked at me. The coffee went down the drain. Is there a 180's thing that visits us folk. I'm assuming there is cause after the cruise control for a bit, it's one day at a time again. today I'm quit.
I'll quit with you TODAY kana!
No more fat lippers for us. 'zombie'
NAFAR never again for any reason! 'bang head'
Have a super wonderful full on Quit Woodie weekend 'boob'
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #134 on: February 01, 2013, 09:15:00 AM »
sorry guys my business is picking up with the warmer weather and don't have as much time now to contribute, but I'll throw one out there when I can. well I finally took the leap and updated my business profile. so i was looking through all our photos on the computer trying to find one of (me) for a website.
WELL I went through ALL of them (many photos obviously) and I had a lipper in all of them. I kept looking and looking.. yup big ol fattie in every photo. I got kinda depressed thinking that's what I always looked like. gonna take a new lipless photo. the bitch messed with my head the rest of the day. craving again. wtf. I was doing the dishes last night and was throwing out the coffee grounds and almost took a big ol pinch of that shit. when I looked over at my son at the kitchen table, and he winked at me. The coffee went down the drain. Is there a 180's thing that visits us folk. I'm assuming there is cause after the cruise control for a bit, it's one day at a time again. today I'm quit.
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #133 on: January 24, 2013, 09:23:00 AM »
Yesterday was a great day. Did all the normal stuff. wake up, brush teeth, POST ROLL, feed kid, take to school, hit the gym. Swim some laps, had a large glass of pureed vegetables, (lost 12 pounds by the way) went home and was just relaxing in the yard listening to some music before work. (I work at night) I started to think about how good I felt, not just physically, but mentally as well, and no real cravings in awhile. I was feeling very peaceful.
Then my friend and (pool guy) came over. We were talking and went over by the equipment. I looked down and saw a shiny tin of cope long cut on the ground. I got effin chicken skin instantly. I said Mike is that yours? he said no I thought it was yours? it's been there 3 weeks. He grabbed it and opened it said hey it's full. Then his co-worker came over. Mike said hey isn't this your brand. He said yup. I must've dropped it. he looked inside saw it was full and smiled. I said that used to be my brand. He said used to? I said yup. I quit 172 days ago. He said and how many minutes? (sarcastically) He then said I quit many times. I said no you didn't. Your holding a fucking tin in your hand right now. (Mike laughed) I said I stopped using before, but never quit, now I AM quit. Not sure if it did any good for him but I told him a few stories about the battles, we'll see.. as for me I got a little stronger after yesterday's episode, I'm just feeling blessed  lucky right now. If your starting out just remember that in time you just won't think the same..You'll be released from her thoughts and it feels really good. Until the next fog that is... lol
'clap'
Good for you!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2013, 09:19:00 AM »
Yesterday was a great day. Did all the normal stuff. wake up, brush teeth, POST ROLL, feed kid, take to school, hit the gym. Swim some laps, had a large glass of pureed vegetables, (lost 12 pounds by the way) went home and was just relaxing in the yard listening to some music before work. (I work at night) I started to think about how good I felt, not just physically, but mentally as well, and no real cravings in awhile. I was feeling very peaceful.
Then my friend and (pool guy) came over. We were talking and went over by the equipment. I looked down and saw a shiny tin of cope long cut on the ground. I got effin chicken skin instantly. I said Mike is that yours? he said no I thought it was yours? it's been there 3 weeks. He grabbed it and opened it said hey it's full. Then his co-worker came over. Mike said hey isn't this your brand. He said yup. I must've dropped it. he looked inside saw it was full and smiled. I said that used to be my brand. He said used to? I said yup. I quit 172 days ago. He said and how many minutes? (sarcastically) He then said I quit many times. I said no you didn't. Your holding a fucking tin in your hand right now. (Mike laughed) I said I stopped using before, but never quit, now I AM quit. Not sure if it did any good for him but I told him a few stories about the battles, we'll see.. as for me I got a little stronger after yesterday's episode, I'm just feeling blessed  lucky right now. If your starting out just remember that in time you just won't think the same..You'll be released from her thoughts and it feels really good. Until the next fog that is... lol

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #131 on: January 18, 2013, 11:32:00 AM »
Quote from: Mike17
Day 167 Man I wish I remember who said or where I read,
"Be prepared to see people doing dumb things"

I was at the Drs. in the waiting room with my son. Both of us going to get flu shots, and our check ups. My son was happily playing with the toys knowing he was getting a shot. He's such a good kid, sigh. Anyway I was listening to music relaxing, and this lady came in with a broken arm in a cast. She was a little over weight and holding a litre of soda with her good arm. (This lady was about my age, and looked like she could kick my ass. lol) She sat down and then pulled out a tin. obviously the broken arm was her dominant one because she was having a hard time, extras were just falling on the floor of the dr.s office. The nurse and admins were watching her kinda grossed out.. After she finally got that death crap in her lip, she THEN pulled out a bag of tobacco and started to roll one up. She just put in a dip remember?.. She definitely struggled with that one as well, and then she swiped all the leftovers onto the floor again. Then went outside to smoke it. came back in sat down and took a big swig of warm old soda.. nice..
I felt sorry for her, I got mad at UST, but in the end I just thanked god that he delivered me from the grasps of evil..quit with all you smart people today!!!
That sure sounds like one intimidating woman. Another example of the power of nicotine, and im sure as hell not going back to it
True that. Does anyone read that story and think this woman is living in freedom?

Glad to be free from that garbage and live a cleaner life. Thanks Kana, always good to hear how nicotine is a slave owner.

keep on quitting and very glad to be quit with real quitters!

This is an evil, highly addictive vice. Anyone who says otherwise needs to pull their head out of their ass.

I stand with quitters and Tobacco is my enemy!!!!
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Mike17

• Quitter
« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2013, 11:15:00 AM »

I was at the Drs. in the waiting room with my son. Both of us going to get flu shots, and our check ups. My son was happily playing with the toys knowing he was getting a shot. He's such a good kid, sigh. Anyway I was listening to music relaxing, and this lady came in with a broken arm in a cast. She was a little over weight and holding a litre of soda with her good arm. (This lady was about my age, and looked like she could kick my ass. lol) She sat down and then pulled out a tin. obviously the broken arm was her dominant one because she was having a hard time, extras were just falling on the floor of the dr.s office. The nurse and admins were watching her kinda grossed out.. After she finally got that death crap in her lip, she THEN pulled out a bag of tobacco and started to roll one up. She just put in a dip remember?.. She definitely struggled with that one as well, and then she swiped all the leftovers onto the floor again. Then went outside to smoke it. came back in sat down and took a big swig of warm old soda.. nice..
I felt sorry for her, I got mad at UST, but in the end I just thanked god that he delivered me from the grasps of evil..quit with all you smart people today!!!
That sure sounds like one intimidating woman. Another example of the power of nicotine, and im sure as hell not going back to it
"Remember that anyone can dip but only bad motherfuckers can quit." - Morgan1

"But..anyways..whatever Mike and his polar bear said, i'd do it." - P23

DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A QUITTER.

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2013, 09:07:00 AM »

Offline Leahy16

• Quitter
« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2013, 08:01:00 PM »
Quote from: mich
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: ERDVM
Quote from: SirDerek
Quote from: lospenguinos
Quote from: Skoal
I'm fucking pissed  My nephew (JOHN) 18 yr old (the oldest of all of them) Just picked up his little brother from my house. little brother jacob is the same age as my son (6), and they have sleep overs every week. anyway jacob went outside and was getting in JOHNS car, and I noticed JOHN had a swollen lip. I know that fuckin look. he was hiding his face cause he saw me looking at him through the window. I went outside and he wouldn't roll down the window. When he finally did he had a huge fuckin dip in. MY FUCKING 18 YR OLD NEPHEW. I was there when he was born. I taught this kid to swim in the ocean, I taught him lot's of things. Did I teach him to dip? I fucking hope not? I tried to talk to him calmly.. What the FUCK are you doing with that shit in your lip I said.. I told him I don't dip anymore. 162 days.. I said how long? almost 2 years he said.         I told him briefly how fucked up my life was while the bitch was driving. I'm still in shock but he's definitely a ninja.. He said it's ok my parents know. I said It's not fucking ok, It will kill you. He looked very scared by now, and knew I was pissed  serious.. Then he said please don't tell my mom.. obviously they don't know. I sure as hell don't want him to go through the same shit I did. 34 years of nic lies? Man I'm at a fucking crossroads.. help him quietly myself or tell his mom (my wife's sister) tell my wife? They're both gonna shit. He's leaving for college in the fall. need to fix this before he goes...FUCK
Go Nuclear, but tactical.

Print up the Sean Marsee story- pics and all. Print up the KERN story, and better yet, make him read the guestbook at their caring bridge site.

Tell his parents - give him the chance to tell them first.

I've read 1,000 posts that said I wished my parents kicked my ass when they caught me. Including mine. You can change this kids life for the better, if you don't try you'll always wonder.

When he goes to college you lose your shot.

Just my opinion
SM I always admire your words, (just so you know) I will talk to him first, I don't want to lose his trust. I told him this is between you and me. Great idea about the stories. I'm gonna print a couple. I'm still dealing with my quit, thank god this didn't happen early in my quit, but just mad at the bitch in general. No one else in the family dips, so I'm hoping it wasn't me that started this thing, but I'll be dammed if I don't finish it.
Just had the talk.. didn't want to waste any time.. He took it rather well, but my heart was freakin racing.. I hope I didn't start to ramble but we talked for 30 minutes. I gave him ultimatum to quit with my undivided help, or the parents get involved. He promised me he'd quit, but I'm gonna need strength on this one. I'll have no idea if he's dipping or not.. I told him to text me if he had problems. He said all his friends dip, and his friends dad buys them chew. I hope I don't end up in jail, cause I'm ready to drive to that fuckers house and give him a effin facial.. 'bangin'
I want to tell kids those ages that if they start chewing/smoking, the day will come when they will want to quit but can't. They will be worried about getting sick from it, spending too much money, being bad role model for younger kids. But they just won't be able to quit. Cuz the product is designed to make it hard to quit. It's a deal with the devil.

Might be worth showing him some of the introductions forums too. Less shocking than the other stories. But to kids that age the shocking things seem too far fetched. The volume of intros every day might have an effect on him.

Good luck with it. Don't take it personal if he don't listen. I didn't listen to anyone at that age either but I wish I did. If he don't quit just tell him to cry uncle when he eventually tries to quit but can't.
Wish you the strength as well. And don't forget to have him check out the site here himself.

Also don't forget you have other options too. In your group I know there are a couple of others that are closer to his age, so that maybe instead of a parent figure, he could have someone his own age, a friend, maybe say a word or two.

Gonna be tough with it being family, but just keep being honest with him, and lets see if we can have another success story.
All great advice, but, I tend to side with Sir D. I would ask some of the younger dudes to maybe send him a word. I would also consider asking ODT for advice and maybe to contact him as well as he publicly speaks to this age group. This scares us all, and I think it is important that you remain supportive. Even though he is family...it still holds true that he has to want to quit for himself. I know that 23 years ago, I wish I would have had an uncle not let me go off to college and forever get hooked to nicotine; however, I honestly don't know if I would have listened back then......sigh.

Fuck You Nicotine
Fuck You UST
Tyson is 18 (march 2013).

I know there's a few others that young as well.
great thanks, I agree maybe the younger approach would be good. I can honestly say I believed him when he said he would quit. He's got a good head on his shoulders. will see..
Hang in there Kana, If he needs someone else to chat with who's been there (not his age but not so damn far away that I can't remember!) I'd be happy to give or take a call, email, pm here, anything. Let me know if I can help
Fact is he's an addict like the rest of us.

You know you can't make him stop. You can give him all the info and tools but he's got to want to quit himself. Ain't your battle. The best you can do is be a good example to him. He'll come to you someday and ask how to quit. Until then he'll simply hide it from you too. Just like you did years ago...
Quit Date Jun 5, 2011; HOF Sep 12, 2011; 1,000 days Feb 28, 2014

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2013, 02:25:00 PM »
I'm fucking pissed  My nephew (JOHN) 18 yr old (the oldest of all of them) Just picked up his little brother from my house. little brother jacob is the same age as my son (6), and they have sleep overs every week. anyway jacob went outside and was getting in JOHNS car, and I noticed JOHN had a swollen lip. I know that fuckin look. he was hiding his face cause he saw me looking at him through the window. I went outside and he wouldn't roll down the window. When he finally did he had a huge fuckin dip in. MY FUCKING 18 YR OLD NEPHEW. I was there when he was born. I taught this kid to swim in the ocean, I taught him lot's of things. Did I teach him to dip? I fucking hope not? I tried to talk to him calmly.. What the FUCK are you doing with that shit in your lip I said.. I told him I don't dip anymore. 162 days.. I said how long? almost 2 years he said.         I told him briefly how fucked up my life was while the bitch was driving. I'm still in shock but he's definitely a ninja.. He said it's ok my parents know. I said It's not fucking ok, It will kill you. He looked very scared by now, and knew I was pissed  serious.. Then he said please don't tell my mom.. obviously they don't know. I sure as hell don't want him to go through the same shit I did. 34 years of nic lies? Man I'm at a fucking crossroads.. help him quietly myself or tell his mom (my wife's sister) tell my wife? They're both gonna shit. He's leaving for college in the fall. need to fix this before he goes...FUCK

Print up the Sean Marsee story- pics and all. Print up the KERN story, and better yet, make him read the guestbook at their caring bridge site.

I've read 1,000 posts that said I wished my parents kicked my ass when they caught me. Including mine. You can change this kids life for the better, if you don't try you'll always wonder.

Just my opinion
SM I always admire your words, (just so you know) I will talk to him first, I don't want to lose his trust. I told him this is between you and me. Great idea about the stories. I'm gonna print a couple. I'm still dealing with my quit, thank god this didn't happen early in my quit, but just mad at the bitch in general. No one else in the family dips, so I'm hoping it wasn't me that started this thing, but I'll be dammed if I don't finish it.
Just had the talk.. didn't want to waste any time.. He took it rather well, but my heart was freakin racing.. I hope I didn't start to ramble but we talked for 30 minutes. I gave him ultimatum to quit with my undivided help, or the parents get involved. He promised me he'd quit, but I'm gonna need strength on this one. I'll have no idea if he's dipping or not.. I told him to text me if he had problems. He said all his friends dip, and his friends dad buys them chew. I hope I don't end up in jail, cause I'm ready to drive to that fuckers house and give him a effin facial.. 'bangin'
I want to tell kids those ages that if they start chewing/smoking, the day will come when they will want to quit but can't. They will be worried about getting sick from it, spending too much money, being bad role model for younger kids. But they just won't be able to quit. Cuz the product is designed to make it hard to quit. It's a deal with the devil.

Might be worth showing him some of the introductions forums too. Less shocking than the other stories. But to kids that age the shocking things seem too far fetched. The volume of intros every day might have an effect on him.

Good luck with it. Don't take it personal if he don't listen. I didn't listen to anyone at that age either but I wish I did. If he don't quit just tell him to cry uncle when he eventually tries to quit but can't.
Wish you the strength as well. And don't forget to have him check out the site here himself.

Also don't forget you have other options too. In your group I know there are a couple of others that are closer to his age, so that maybe instead of a parent figure, he could have someone his own age, a friend, maybe say a word or two.

Gonna be tough with it being family, but just keep being honest with him, and lets see if we can have another success story.
All great advice, but, I tend to side with Sir D. I would ask some of the younger dudes to maybe send him a word. I would also consider asking ODT for advice and maybe to contact him as well as he publicly speaks to this age group. This scares us all, and I think it is important that you remain supportive. Even though he is family...it still holds true that he has to want to quit for himself. I know that 23 years ago, I wish I would have had an uncle not let me go off to college and forever get hooked to nicotine; however, I honestly don't know if I would have listened back then......sigh.

Fuck You Nicotine
Fuck You UST

great thanks, I agree maybe the younger approach would be good. I can honestly say I believed him when he said he would quit. He's got a good head on his shoulders. will see..
Hang in there Kana, If he needs someone else to chat with who's been there (not his age but not so damn far away that I can't remember!) I'd be happy to give or take a call, email, pm here, anything. Let me know if I can help
my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #126 on: January 14, 2013, 09:02:00 AM »

Just my opinion

Fuck You Nicotine
Fuck You UST

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2013, 08:10:00 PM »

Just my opinion

Fuck You Nicotine
Fuck You UST

In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021