Author Topic: It's time  (Read 8761 times)

Offline BigRuss

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: It's time
« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2013, 09:46:00 AM »
Day 11

I need to see some good days or at least a break in the clouds. Maybe it's today.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2013, 10:57:00 AM »
Quote from: BigRuss
Day 10

Nothing new here really, depressed a bit, comes and goes. Just dealing.
Congrats on double digits. That's HUGE!!! Keep grinding!
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline BigRuss

• Quitter
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2013, 09:13:00 AM »
Day 10

Nothing new here really, depressed a bit, comes and goes. Just dealing.

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2013, 06:54:00 PM »
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim
As I was eating lunch today I realized something as I finished my last few bites.  For the last 18 years during while eating I have been strategically planning the last bites to ensure my after meal dip tastes better.  It doesn't matter what I'm eating.....fuck that's pathetic.
Haha. Yep, Nic kept us all on a very short leash. It is amazing to watch the curtain be pulled back and the ugliness of our addiction revealed.

Good job noticing, that self reflection will help you stay quit.

Quit with you today.
It's crazy the things we used to do when we were dippers. I used to put in "power dips" anytime my sports teams were in a tight game. I thought it calmed my nerves. Talk about some hilarious bull shit that was.
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2013, 06:21:00 PM »
As I was eating lunch today I realized something as I finished my last few bites. For the last 18 years during while eating I have been strategically planning the last bites to ensure my after meal dip tastes better. It doesn't matter what I'm eating.....fuck that's pathetic.
Haha. Yep, Nic kept us all on a very short leash. It is amazing to watch the curtain be pulled back and the ugliness of our addiction revealed.

Good job noticing, that self reflection will help you stay quit.

Quit with you today.

Offline BigRuss

• Quitter
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2013, 04:24:00 PM »
As I was eating lunch today I realized something as I finished my last few bites. For the last 18 years during while eating I have been strategically planning the last bites to ensure my after meal dip tastes better. It doesn't matter what I'm eating.....fuck that's pathetic.

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2013, 10:46:00 AM »
Quote from: KC_Guy
Quote from: Minny
Day 9

Woke up about 25 times last night, had to go to the couch because I was all over the damn place.  Mouth is aching again with a dull headache, just don't feel right.  I've prepared myself for 30 days of this shit.  Energy level is low.

Playing ball tonight for a few hours which will be good to keep my mind off things.
A lot of quitters don't realize that they are replacing nic with sugar, soda, coffee, etc. and that their replacements are adding to the jitters/restlessness at night.

Drink lots of water, ingest ZERO caffeine after 3:00pm, and just get through TODAY.

None Today For Any Reason, One Day At A Time
I echo what minny says. Just get through today. Hour by hour or minute by minute. The lack of sleep may seem never ending. Trust me bro. Things do get better. Your sleep will return. Anything in life worth a damn is not easy. You are fighting and doing great. I quit with you brother.
Keep fighting and give a big 'Finger' to US tobacco and the nicotine that is making it hellish to quit. Better days are ahead of you if you can just push through.

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2013, 10:43:00 AM »
Quote from: Minny
Day 9

Woke up about 25 times last night, had to go to the couch because I was all over the damn place.  Mouth is aching again with a dull headache, just don't feel right.  I've prepared myself for 30 days of this shit.  Energy level is low.

Playing ball tonight for a few hours which will be good to keep my mind off things.
A lot of quitters don't realize that they are replacing nic with sugar, soda, coffee, etc. and that their replacements are adding to the jitters/restlessness at night.

Drink lots of water, ingest ZERO caffeine after 3:00pm, and just get through TODAY.

I echo what minny says. Just get through today. Hour by hour or minute by minute. The lack of sleep may seem never ending. Trust me bro. Things do get better. Your sleep will return. Anything in life worth a damn is not easy. You are fighting and doing great. I quit with you brother.
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2013, 10:36:00 AM »
Day 9

Woke up about 25 times last night, had to go to the couch because I was all over the damn place. Mouth is aching again with a dull headache, just don't feel right. I've prepared myself for 30 days of this shit. Energy level is low.

Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline BigRuss

• Quitter
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2013, 09:34:00 AM »
Day 9

Woke up about 25 times last night, had to go to the couch because I was all over the damn place. Mouth is aching again with a dull headache, just don't feel right. I've prepared myself for 30 days of this shit. Energy level is low.

Offline DiplessinJax

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-09-04
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2013, 08:46:00 AM »
Quote from: sudsmccracken
In the fog of my quit I forgot to mention that my wife looked at me last night and said she was proud of me about my decision to quit dipping 7 days ago.  She said our unborn child will be happy to know that his/her Dad is invested in their future.  She never said anything until last night, probably because I've cried wolf on quitting a thousand times but didn't have the sack until now.

As shitty as I feel, it feels good.
bump

this is good stuff. Keep up the good work. It will get just keep getting better.
Keep up the great work, BigRuss! You will start feeling better before you know it. ODAAT! Make your promise and keep it. +1's add up quickly around here.
Quit Date: 9/4/12
HOF: 12/12/12

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby
"Time passes. Will you?" - written on the wall of a class room
Stay quit, Bitches!!! - DiplessinJax

Offline Suds

• Quitter
  • Interests: quitting dip, my kids, woodworking, baseball
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2013, 08:22:00 AM »
In the fog of my quit I forgot to mention that my wife looked at me last night and said she was proud of me about my decision to quit dipping 7 days ago.  She said our unborn child will be happy to know that his/her Dad is invested in their future.  She never said anything until last night, probably because I've cried wolf on quitting a thousand times but didn't have the sack until now.

As shitty as I feel, it feels good.
bump

this is good stuff. Keep up the good work. It will get just keep getting better.
QLAFM

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2013, 07:36:00 AM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: ParadigmDawg
Come on guys, this is BigRuss's intro page, stop fighting with each other on here.

I suggest you go back and delete the BS entries if that's possible.
You're right and I was this morning until it got flared up again.

Sorry Russ.

Nothing but help from me, from here on out.
No worries fellas.
You feel any better today Russ? You been getting any exercise or working out at all? I found that to be helpful when I was feeling like shit. The bitch loves to pick on a stationary target.

Get up and get moving if you can. If nothing else, go for a walk around the block or something. Any little bit helps!
Once a day since the day 1, no energy today and irritated as hell. Got home from work, ate a little dinner and immediately started feeling like shit. Dizzy, light headed and weird. Embrace the suck. Fuck.
This is the moment for you to feel proud. It is when most people put their head down and succumb to the bitch. It's when the weak are separated from the strong. Guess which one you are my friend?

Mark my words, you are about to have a lot of good days thrown in with those bad days. I have a smile on my face thinking about the freedom you are about to achieve.

You have this man.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2013, 10:34:00 PM »
Come on guys, this is BigRuss's intro page, stop fighting with each other on here.

Sorry Russ.

No worries fellas.
You feel any better today Russ? You been getting any exercise or working out at all? I found that to be helpful when I was feeling like shit. The bitch loves to pick on a stationary target.

Get up and get moving if you can. If nothing else, go for a walk around the block or something. Any little bit helps!
Once a day since the day 1, no energy today and irritated as hell. Got home from work, ate a little dinner and immediately started feeling like shit. Dizzy, light headed and weird. Embrace the suck. Fuck.
Personally, I was never able to embrace the suck. I fucking hated the suck. The only question I ever had was "I feel like ass, when will I feel better??????"

I wanted to feel "normal" again and I wanted it NOW.

obviously it doesn't work that way. Instead of embracing the suck I just put my head down and kept digging.

Try to embrace the suck, but if you can't just keep grinding. Better days are ahead. The suck will get further and further in the rear view mirror. I promise.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2013, 09:45:00 PM »
Quote from: KC_Guy

Sorry Russ.

No worries fellas.

Yes sir. Embrace the suck. You never want to experience it again. It will get better dude.
Everyone looks at days like this a little differently. Personally, I'm glad it sucked like this for me, and I am glad it isn't a walk in the rose garden for you. Memories of this hell are a great motivator when times get a little easier - and they will. Healing takes a while when you break a leg - healing after years of poisoning your brain tastes some time as well.

But... The sense of satisfaction and accomplishment you are going to feel cannot even be put into words. You are doing something that only the strongest, the most determined, can achieve. The weak drop off the roll call. They go back to the can and their life of slavery. The strong earn a reward that only a fighter can comprehend. Keep pushing forward - keep reaching out - and keep focusing on one day at a time. You've got this.